Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 47 as a character

You need to develop your protagonist if you want a good story. I don't like the idea of a story where the protagonist begins and ends as a paid tool. If the point of 47 continuing is that he enjoys his work, then maybe we can see a little more of where he is going with this side of his character.
    Even better, if you want to erase the plot of Hitman: Absolution, then we can have another story where 47 gains independence from the ICA, maybe building up to it this time, instead of just having him fly off on a whim. This could make for some cool ideas for enemies and levels, maybe even some twists on equipment and planning phases. I hope I/O has some good writers for this one.

Ignoring the plot of Absolution would be the best option, it was universally panned and IO would do well to simply pretend it never happened.

Yeah, I think a pre-Absolution plot involving the ICA with Diana voiced by Vivienne McKee, essentially Blood Money or Contracts with next-gen graphics, would be a better direction to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    Yes, good points.

47 is the definition of an anti-hero. DEFINITELY not a hero. He only works for money. No promises, no rating system points, no nothing.
    he is not only working for money...he is fighting for justice...he don't kill nice people and this shows that he is not only killing for money.he kill bad people.
    money is one of things that he want from killing.his other aiming is justice

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin47 View Post
    he is not only working for money...he is fighting for justice...he don't kill nice people and this shows that he is not only killing for money.he kill bad people.
    money is one of things that he want from killing.his other aiming is justice
    You couldn't be more wrong. Perhaps he has gone soft in Absolution, but that game shouldn't even be regarded canon. 47 is not to be perceived as a hero fighting for justice - that would be to completely fail to recognize all previous games.

Edit: Also, Arvin, I have a feeling you're not that old and kind of "afraid" of mature themes that differs from the arch-type "good guy saving the world" analogy. Hitman games are messy in terms of moral, ethics etc. Things aren't black and white / good and evil. 47 definitely aint a pleasant man, and shouldn't be by no means.
    Last edited by Master47; 11-05-2014 at 02:32 AM.

I think 47 is a goodguy...not a human but a goodguy between clones.about that bird he don't wanted to kill the bird.but a bird is worthy than 47?!no,a bird can't get 47 killed.he killed but don't wanted to do that but he had to...

Quote Originally Posted by Master47 View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. Perhaps he has gone soft in Absolution, but that game shouldn't even be regarded canon. 47 is not to be perceived as a hero fighting for justice - that would be to completely fail to recognize all previous games.

Edit: Also, Arvin, I have a feeling you're not that old and kind of "afraid" of mature themes that differs from the arch-type "good guy saving the world" analogy. Hitman games are messy in terms of moral, ethics etc. Things aren't black and white / good and evil. 47 definitely aint a pleasant man, and shouldn't be by no means.
    I'm not talking about that (excuse me) damn absolution.i'm talking about past titles...even in them 47 was killing bad guys...if his aim was only money he didn't see any diffrence between badguys and good guys and killed both...you think why 47 killed ortmeier?!because he maked persons that who their work is just killing...it means justice.he used killing against ortmeier himself.why do you think in start of silent assassin he was working in church.he was about to leave killing and he was upset from being a killer but some badguys stealed father and 47 got to killing again for killing the bad guys that he was about leaving killing means he have so weak emotion but as weak as you can say he is emotionless
    Personal note:mr master 47 i think you have a wrong explantion about 47 in your mind

I think 47 is a goodguy...not a human but a goodguy between clones.about that bird he don't wanted to kill the bird.but a bird is worthy than 47?!no,a bird can't get 47 killed.he killed but don't wanted to do that bur he had to...

He is "raised" to kill, purposefully being stripped of emotions. That he develops certain emotional attachments along the way and imposes a sense of self-justice upon people who he believes has wronged him, does not make him an all good guy fighting in the name of justice. 47 himself is in no position to decide between right and wrong. His actions are determined based on an all egocentric perspective - which makes him an anti-hero rather than the hero figure you wanna label him as. Trust me 47 is not a nice guy. If anything he's neutral and wouldn't hesitate to kill his best friend if he'd wronged him. Not that he's capable of making friends, but you get the picture. He's an antisocial, paranoid and lonely man, who looks out for himself and does what has to be done - Not in the name of justice, but in the name of survival, revenge, anger etc...
    Last edited by Master47; 11-06-2014 at 02:24 AM.

+1 Master47.
    Arvin, I think the problem is most likely since you played absolution first. In that game you get a sense that he's fighting for justice. But 47 is deffinately NOT some sort of hero. He's the best hitman out there. The 'good' guys would be the agency. They hire 47 to kill some bad people. But do you now why? Because they're being paid to do it. Hitman isn't about this world peace organization, they get hired to kill people and they carry out that mission. The first mission in blood money should explain to you alot about 47.
    47 is a clone who was created (not really raised, he was only tested upon awakening) to be the perfect clone/hitman. He makes his own justice and like he said even in the beginning of absolution: "Afterall, this is what he does..."

At the end of Blood Money he snapped canary neck, right after Diana entered to his hideout. The same canary he cared for within whole game... so noooo... he's not good guy
    He can bind himself to someone, but if it's case of business, he can break this connection with no regret. Diana was an exception (Absolution spoiler ahead),

47 is indeed a sociopath/psycopath who's ruthlessly efficient at killing. A higher developed sense of justice would be a huge design flaw on Ort-Meyer's part. What we might consider shortcomings such as; antisocial personality disorder and paranoia, are huge advantages in 47's line of work. No need for relationships and so forth - no weak points. If you think of it, 47's motivations are rather primal - which can probably be attributed to his incomplete and still infant morality.

Of course there will be exceptions here and there in regards to his pastor friend, but they aren't the norm. He is still human after all, a clone yes, but still human. Humans learn and so does 47. He is however "socially handicapped" in the sense of empathy, and that makes him a great killer.
    Last edited by Master47; 11-06-2014 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    +1 Master47.
    Arvin, I think the problem is most likely since you played absolution first. In that game you get a sense that he's fighting for justice. But 47 is deffinately NOT some sort of hero. He's the best hitman out there. The 'good' guys would be the agency. They hire 47 to kill some bad people. But do you now why? Because they're being paid to do it. Hitman isn't about this world peace organization, they get hired to kill people and they carry out that mission. The first mission in blood money should explain to you alot about 47.
    47 is a clone who was created (not really raised, he was only tested upon awakening) to be the perfect clone/hitman. He makes his own justice and like he said even in the beginning of absolution: "Afterall, this is what he does..."
    maybe my deciding on 47 like this is for playing absolution but...he is not a bad guy at all.if you read damnation book somewhere of book he is not working for agency and he is going to do a job with a little money and he says:it's a job and it's money.not as much as i made with the agency but it was enough.I REALLY DIDN'T CARE ABOUT MONEY.
    as you read his aim is not just money.and you said the good people are agency because they hire 47 to kill bad guys.I disagree because they don't hire 47...they offer contract and let 47 choice to kill who maybe in their list there is good people for killing but 47 don't choose them and always kill bads.
    Again im not talking about absolution.

You've impressd me arvin. Not many people (including myself) have read the novels. I actually do have them. Bought them after Absolution came out. Just never got around reading. So you have managed to silence me for now.
    +1 for arvin.

-But still calling 47 a good guy for justice is a bit much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRahx View Post
    You've impressd me arvin. Not many people (including myself) have read the novels. I actually do have them. Bought them after Absolution came out. Just never got around reading. So you have managed to silence me for now.
    +1 for arvin.

-But still calling 47 a good guy for justice is a bit much imo.
    I read that book besides English in not my mother tongue and couldn't understand all the book.I'm waiting for translating it to my language but unfortunately they don't translate it.I offer you to read it's very good book and Explain to you 47 more...it explain some of his missions from his own mind and Explain the whole of story between blood money and absolution.
    again 47 is killing bad guys he is trying to kill bad guys as he can but we can't say it's his only motivation for killing.money is one of his motivations and another is existing instinct of killing in him.instinct of killing that dr.ortmeier made for him put him on this way.
    Last edited by Arvin47; 11-06-2014 at 07:22 AM.

what is you language then

I prefer to don't say that because it leaks my nationality and maybe make political discussions in thread.

?...ok

If you make a living off of killing people, good or bad, you can't really slap a good guy label on your forehead. Also any innocent witnesses who get in the way of his goal are eliminated. Again his reasoning for killing isn't based upon justice. This really shouldn't be considered news to anyone.

Edit: I guess I can only speak for myself when I say I'd hate to see Mr.47 turn into some righteous guy fighting in the name of good and justice. That would be so generic, boring and quite frankly lame. I love that he's not the perfect hero protecting the innocent. I love that in fact he couldn't care less about the innocent as long as they stay out of his way. Don't let his apathy fool you into believing he's caring. You have to look objectively at 47's lifestyle as a whole. You can't just nit pick little portions and quotations and try to apply them as his entire persona. That would be wrong and misrepresentative of the "truth" about 47.
    Last edited by Master47; 11-07-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Absolution could indeed messed someone's opinion about 47 (as superhero protecting someone). Now players who played only Absolution think 47 protects Victoria for being just. Actually he protects her only because she's like him.

I hope H6 will change such 47's image.

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    Absolution could indeed messed someone's opinion about 47 (as superhero protecting someone). Now players who played only Absolution think 47 protects Victoria for being just. Actually he protects her only because she's like him.

I hope H6 will change such 47's image.
    I said 10 times ago..............I played all hitman series.and i say for 11th time i played all hitman series and i'm not talking about absolution forget absolution i'm talking about past titles.now if you read damnation you understand he is a good guy!!!

We would have to disagree with you. You do realize the novels have most likely been commissioned, and not written, by the original creators of the series. They cannot really be used in arguments pertaining to the games, unless they were to be considered canon and future games were to follow said events in the books. At most they are IP tie-ins and follow completely different artistic patterns, that probably would fail miserably were they to be converted to future Hitman games. I have no interest in discussing 47's portrayal based on tie-in novels.

I don't know.........but he is good or bad..............let 1O to decide.........but all i have to say and i scare from making it.......is 47 being a se*y man......please don't do that............and if you want to make 47 like old times...........make him a bad guy....no problem.......no difference...........but.....he should remain emotionless like old times too not like in absolution or worst.............. it's my final word.he should remain emotionless..................emotionless..................this make him a big character.

He definitely is no "good guy", he isn't an evil character either (also no one has claimed he was). He has this indifference quality over him - which is what suits his profession and personality so beautifully. He doesn't seem to have a greater purpose or long term goal. He follows somewhat primitive guidelines:

- Killing for a living... sure, it puts food on the table and as long as the people I kill are scumbags anyway... who cares. -

Do you see were I'm going with this?
    Last edited by Master47; 11-07-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master47 View Post
    He definitely is no "good guy", he isn't an evil character either (also no one has claimed he was). He has this indifference quality over him - which is what suits his profession and personality so beautifully. He doesn't seem to have a greater purpose or long term goal. He follows somewhat primitive guidelines:

- Killing for a living... sure, it puts food on the table and as long as the people I kill are scumbags anyway... who cares. -

Do you see were I'm going with this?
    Ok.let me explain it in other words
    he don't care who is dying and he don't see any difference between good and bad.but his enemies are completely on evil side and his enemies are worse than 47...If 47 is worse his enemies are worst.You made me to agree.But I don't care he's bad or good.....all I care about is that he should remain emotionless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast