Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistic ballistics for Sniping - bullet drop / bullet travel / wind effects

Default Realistic ballistics for Sniping - bullet drop / bullet travel / wind effects

IO-Interactive SHOULD ADD:

Realistic ballistics for Sniping - A Bullet travel time from Sniper Challenge (Blood Money also had it) should return with the addition of wind and bullet drop factors. Just imagine how awesome and challenging it would work for huge levels with far distances. Knowing that Hitman 6 will have biggest open ended levels we have ever seen - it would make sniping a lot more interesting and rewarding. Imagine how awesome Kirov Park Meeting would be with realistic ballistics - 47 getting on the top of radio tower, far away from the targets, adjusting his scope for the right distance, fallowing wind direction and then finally taking a shot.

It could be optional for people who don't want challenge, but it would be a great addition to those who loves sniping in Hitman games.

How it could work for everyone, depending on the difficulty settings.

Easy/Normal - No bullet travel / No bullet drop.
    Hard/Expert - Bullet travel / Bullet drop
    Purist - Bullet travel / Bullet drop / Wind effect

Sniping is one of my favourite methods to use in Hitman games, it needs time, preparation and good timing - realistic ballistics would expand it and make it more enjoyable.

Default YE dude

YE man totally agree... ive recently played a demo of Sniper Ghost Warrior... enjoyed wat i played, basically... my favorite ways of assassination would either up close'n'personal with a trusty fiber wire, or good ol'long range shot... they never knew what hit em...

Definately more sniping opportunities, like, Fields/Hills, Cities/Skyscrapers, Forest/Trees.. why not, who said Hitman can't climb???

Totally agree DeadlyShadow, would be great move if this was to happen as I love a good bit of sniping in Hitman Games.

Agree
    My English is bad :D

Yes I totally agree with you. I would love to see this in the next Hitman game especially since I have always played on the highest difficulty throughout the series. Btw I loved your sniper challenge run.
    Last edited by ICASilentAssassin; 01-27-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Grammer/Spelling

i see a competition startin...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyShadow47 View Post
    IO-Interactive SHOULD ADD:

Realistic ballistics for Sniping - A Bullet travel time from Sniper Challenge (Blood Money also had it) should return with the addition of wind and bullet drop factors. Just imagine how awesome and challenging it would work for huge levels with far distances. Knowing that Hitman 6 will have biggest open ended levels we have ever seen - it would make sniping a lot more interesting and rewarding. Imagine how awesome Kirov Park Meeting would be with realistic ballistics - 47 getting on the top of radio tower, far away from the targets, adjusting his scope for the right distance, fallowing wind direction and then finally taking a shot.

It could be optional for people who don't want challenge, but it would be a great addition to those who loves sniping in Hitman games.

Sniping is one of my favourite methods to use in Hitman games, it needs time, preparation and good timing - realistic ballistics would expand it and make it more enjoyable.
    I agree but I think it would also be cool if the camera fallowed the bullet

Quote Originally Posted by Nate021388 View Post
    I agree but I think it would also be cool if the camera fallowed the bullet
    Well that would be super cool, but in my opinion realistic ballistics are priority

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyShadow47 View Post
    Well that would be super cool, but in my opinion realistic ballistics are priority
    who said it cant have both

Good ideas Deadly Shadow.
    It would also be good if you could crouch or lay on the ground while shooting because I don‘t think it‘s easy to hold sniper (remember how Hitman 2 had really hard sniper mechanics?)
    Also suitcase should return...

I would like to see sniping a viable option in most if not all maps. With the promise of bigger levels in the next Hitman I hope they are as big as the cities the hits are in. Or at least a good chunk of the city. That way you could break into an apartment in a nearby skyscraper and snipe from there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    With the promise of bigger levels in the next Hitman I hope they are as big as the cities the hits are in. Or at least a good chunk of the city.
    No it won't be big as cities or chunks of it... This is not a game with the budged of GTA and it's not a true open world game. Hitman never was like that and hopefully will never be. It's a Sandbox type game with the lots of options to solve the puzzle.

Anyhow - I hope that sniping method will be possible for every level.

Im not saying it should be a sandbox game. Also when I say good chunks of a city Im meaning more in comparison with older hitman games. Having a whole city, even a small city, may be too much of a dream. But a part of a block for example. Maybe something like A new life but set in the innercity with one or two tall buildings. I do also agree the fun in the Hitman games should come from the multitude of ways you can take someone out, not the size of the map.
    Last edited by mikom; 02-01-2014 at 01:06 AM.

I think each level should have sniping as a viable option. In fact, we could probably have a level with enemy snipers trying to take out your target, so that you had to either kill them or the target before they took the shot.

I think bullet drop should definitely be included. Maybe we could also have a less detailed crosshair on higher difficulties, so that you'd have to be more skilled at taking the shot.

I think the crosshair should be detailed and clearly visible. To make it harder you could put in windresistance instead.

This seems so complicated like wind and all that it crosses the line of not being fun. id say things that are not fun should not be in the game if its so over complicated. I think for a challenge the focus should be on the gameplay of completing a mission not using the basic tools given to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetFisher View Post
    This seems so complicated like wind and all that it crosses the line of not being fun. id say things that are not fun should not be in the game if its so over complicated. I think for a challenge the focus should be on the gameplay of completing a mission not using the basic tools given to the player.
    "This seems so complicated like wind and all that it crosses the line of not being fun." - That's your words, you understand fun different than I. I see fun when it's challenging and when award for that is great. That's why I explained the difficulty settings - Higher difficulties require more skill and will be more challenging, if you like it easy - choose Easy/Normal dif. Problem solved.

"I think for a challenge the focus should be on the gameplay of completing a mission not using the basic tools given to the player." - Basic tools? Sniping was was one of the key methods since Hitman 1.

As long as the options are there for easier difficulty for people who want it I see no downside with this idea.

i feel like adding too much difficulty to sniping will strip the fun out of it...

i like seeing my bullet go where i want it to... this isn't deer hunter

I think bullet drop should be included on all difficulties, while bullet travel should be reserved for the 'Hard' difficulty and wind for the highest Purist/Professional difficulty. They could include an option to see exactly where your bullet will land on lower difficulties, like a small red dot on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    i feel like adding too much difficulty to sniping will strip the fun out of it...

i like seeing my bullet go where i want it to... this isn't deer hunter

Next time try reading the written info.

i guess i could deal with something like that... i don't think it would be easy to program.. but idk im not one so....

also there would need to be an expanded tutorial on distance shooting where you could practice your skill and really gain an understanding of how the system works

i do feel like it still might take away from the fun tho... even when on expert/purist... maybe not i guess i would have to really try it hands on before i made a decision

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    also there would need to be an expanded tutorial on distance shooting where you could practice your skill and really gain an understanding of how the system works
    The hideout usually has a gun range. You could practice there. Which reminds me ... bring back the hideout for the new game!

I would like different animations for shooting different body parts. For example, if you shoot someone in the foot vs the shoulder or gut. Of course distance would play a great part of it. Also, this might be a stretch but i'd like a the blood spray back from Blood Money.

the gut from what i hear is THE most painful place to be shot

im sure knee caps, ankles, hands (the backs of hands) don't feel that great either hah

most people are not protected in these areas... some police will have bullet proof vests possibly head gear and maybe steel toes (the higher the difficulty the more police/guards wear) ... even swat wear knee pads

this could be one of 47's 'upgrades' and his version of a 'bullet proof outfit'

http://youtu.be/yMsfV1MSCR4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast