Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog Post (24.1.14): Reveal, Reactions, Questions & Contracts

Default Blog Post (24.1.14): Reveal, Reactions, Questions & Contracts

A new blog post has just gone live on Hitman.com.

http://hitman.com/reveal-reactions-questions-contracts/

Look for more of these posts in the future on a regular basis. If there's anything you'd like to see included, this is the place to let us know or leave your questions.

Enjoy!

Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope the game will contain co-op in single player or contract mode.
    My English is bad :D

Hope they bring Agent Smith back in the picture. I missed him in Absolution..
    Last edited by kennj4; 01-24-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    signature image

Why those 3 questions nobody really cares about at this moment?

Also publish some arts please!

The possibility of release of the game on the PS3/Xbox 360 (Wii U not necessarily) are not completely ruled out ? I hope that the older generation will be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz89 View Post
    The possibility of release of the game on the PS3/Xbox 360 (Wii U not necessarily) are not completely ruled out ? I hope that the older generation will be supported.
    Buy a next gen console!

Default Visuals

I can't help but complain, but I was a little disappointed with the visuals in Absolution. I'm not talking about the art design or the clever use of gamma brightness. Just the overall look of the game on my 40 inch LED display. The resolution was poor, even for 720p, even Grand Theft Auto V looked 3 times better, which is impressive, considering the scale of it's environment. While we're at it, the HD version of Blood Money looks better on my flat screen than Absolution. The next Hitman game should look at least as good as Max Payne 3. That game, as bad as it was, looks beautiful on my television. The crisp resolution, the lighting and colors. Don't get me wrong, you guys are King of the Stealth genre so I know you can do it. Milk those next-gen slabs of metal for all they're worth.

Rolleyes

Who is gonna be hitman voice actor in new hitman game? and will you make co-op in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Buy a next gen console!
    I really do not hurry me out with this. On the PS3 for a lot of good games I have yet to outplay.

-------

When work began on a new project ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukasz89 View Post
    I really do not hurry me out with this. On the PS3 for a lot of good games I have yet to outplay.

-------

When work began on a new project ?
    Metal Gear Solid V, Hitman 6, Watch Dogs... believe me, you wanna start saving up and play the game in HD.

ever heard of PC? Cheaper platform, cheaper games, better visuals, more games? I got PC & 360, and i spit on the "next" gen. Only one game which is console exclusive and I would like to play is FF versus renamed for XV i think? Lot of people had preorder on next gen and what they can play? Almost nothing, and its 2 months out.

It's really great to hear from I.O. again...and so soon!
    As a diehard fan of the series, I really appreciate these open lines of communication, and I believe you all are set to make a superb game for us to enjoy.

User "Baloota" posted early on in this thread that he/she would like to see co-op in Hitman 6. I speak for no one else but myself when I say: I disagree. Here's why I feel this way:

1.The non-multiplayer formula has worked extremely well for each Hitman game previously. I think that putting in co-op would lessen Hitman's uniqueness among a sea of other AAA titles garnering for gamers' attentions. Agent 47 working alone (in a loose sense of the word) is a staple to the series.

2. Contracts mode really hit the nail for me when it comes to the 'social' aspect of Hitman. For years, many fans have competed against each other within a variety of self-imposed rulesets. It was always about self-improvement ("How can I get through this faster, or more stealthily"...etc) Absolution made it that much easier to do so. Improving this system, I feel, is the route to go, rather than co-op.

However, it would be foolish to say that every gamer loves to compete with others. That's why it's not surprising to me to see things like co-op brought up in threads like these. Furthermore, I think that Contracts mode could be improved to satisfy some of that "non-competitive yet online" itch.

HERE'S HOW:
    1. Since not all players may love competing, introduce a tagging system to the Contracts, so we can easily navigate towards a subset of contracts that appeal to our own interest. Why is this a must in my opinion? Sometimes I want to sit back, relax, and play a well-thought-out, extremely creative contract without worrying about having to "speedrun" it and get the highest score. OR, maybe I want to play a "kill-em-all" in which the description of the contract gives me a set of hints, instructions, or tips on how the creator wishes it to be performed. Maybe I want an easy mission, a difficult mission, etc etc etc... the possibilities are endless, and a well-designed tagging system with pre-defined options to choose from would create that experience. When I click "Like" or "Dislike", make me select some tags before I can continue to the next screen.

Here's another reason in advocacy for some sort of tagging system: All too often I go into Contracts mode, click the "Search" button, use the "Popularity" filter, and get the odd feeling that most of the top Contracts are simply "most-liked" because they are easy and score a lot of in-game cash. There is just no way of knowing the "WHY" behind a particular contract's popularity, so I feel like I'm just throwing darts in the dark and hoping I get a contract that isn't solely about getting cash.

2. While a scoring system is a godsend for competition, allow the creator of a mission to turn it off, signaling to potential players that the intent of the mission isn't about getting the highest score, but rather the unique experience they are trying to craft.

3. Put these filters, these subsets, or whatever you'd like to call them, within very accessible reach. They should be as easy as selecting a playlist in any other online game. Have your 'Featured' contracts right next to the other array of choices we would have. The easier it is to reach, the more people will use it.

4. (This "final" point on how to improve Contracts is solely for the competitive crowd, unlike the first three points) Allow me to search and join contract competitions with anyone on my platform, not just my immediate friends. No explanation is really needed for this point.

-------------

Once again, I speak for no one else but myself, and thank you for the open lines of communication. I can't wait to see the genius-ness you guys reveal to us next!
    Last edited by F61 Wolf; 01-25-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Since you asked for it…

Requests for the next Hitman:
    1 David Bateson
    2 The ability to close doors behind you
    3 The ability to knock out a target
    4 The ability to push a target of a stairs, balcony, etc, when you have taken him hostage
    5 Newspapers!
    6 Disguises should not be a failsafe, but you should be able to walk around with them more. Maybe only the leader of a certain group should be able to recognize you. Like a building manager, Swat team leader etc.
    7 Choosing your own weapon at the beginning of a level
    8 Sedatives and poisons should return. Spiking someone’s drink is a lot of fun (in a game, of course)
    9 Point shooting should return
    10 Sedating/ fiber wire-ing someone that’s in a chair
    11 The ability to take someone down from inside a closet/ dumpster
    12 Upgrades for weapons
    13 Sniper suitcase (Had to mention it)
    14 Accidents should get a higher score then fiber wire-ing and hiding the body of a target
    16 The ability to turn the scoring screen off.
    17 A silent assassin rating in all levels, regardless if there is a target or not (like Hitman 2)
    18 Cameras
    19 Less hiding behind cover, more walking around like a badass.
    20 Coins or something similar, because having to look around for something to throw pulls you straight out of the experience.
    21 A saving system that actually works as a saving system, preferably like the one from Blood Money
    22 DLC LEVELS, not guns. I’ll pay 20 bucks with my eyes closed if it means getting a new Hitman level. Guns are only fun for a little while, levels just keep on giving
    23 Mission briefings before you start the level, giving personal information about the targets
    24 If possible, a new Sniper Challenge pre order DLC. I loved it!
    25 An other hand to hand combat system
    26 No more letting 47 screw up in a cinematic after you have spent much time to get him through a level. Being taken out by a redneck called Skurky that somehow has telepathic powers was not only frustrating, but plain old stupid. The thing with the Mutant Mexican also didn’t give me the feeling that 47 was the ultimate assassin from the previous games.
    27 No more “press this button” pop ups in the middle of the screen. I’m not stupid.
    28 More targets. Being hunted can be fun, but the missions where nobody knows what’s coming are better.
    29 Suit retrieval at the end of the level. A suit should count as evidence. Again, like BM.
    30 Scores only in the multiplayer, I really don’t want to be reminded that some other dude got a higher score. I want to do stuff MY way, if I want to compete, I’ll do it in the multiplayer.
    31 The ability to reload when you have taken someone hostage.
    32 The ability to select something else then a gun in hostage mode: sedative, knife, fiber wire, elimination etc.
    33 Hiding the gun behind your back. Because it looked so awesome in Blood Money.
    34 No mini levels where the only objective is to reach the next door.
    35 Explosives that make accidents happen, and can also be thrown, or stuck on surfaces.
    36 Jesper Kyd, if possible.
    37 Weapons upgrades should be in single player, not just multiplayer.
    38 The ability to grab someone’s weapon (with the option to immediately take him hostage)
    39 Lock picking
    40 The ability to hide weapons in suitcases, crates, etc.
    41 Accidents should not be shown with Instinct, only guard patterns. This lets the player learn the map better, while still retaining replayability.
    42 Challenges should not give away certain accidents either.
    43 The elevator fiber wire trap from Blood Money
    44 A suitcase for other weapons then the sniper, like shotguns or rifles.
    45 The throwing knifes from Absolution

Please?

P.S. I’d really like to see a massive prison as a level.

Nerd out: complete

You have already developed Alpha Build ?

I apologize in advance, but my English is not perfect!

So, dear developers,

It would be great to see more deeper background stories behind agent 47's targets (in their personal lives).
    I mean, there are two sides of the coin: the target is corrupt but he/she is doing illegal things (for example) because they have a family, children, spouse or anything else what inspires him/her to do bad things. So when Agent 47 gets the mandate, it provides deeper feelings of the mission to know that the person you have to kill has got a one year old baby, a lovely family, who are innocent, and they are waiting for him/her all day to come home (or something similar). So this raises moral questions, allowing the player a deeper impression during the mission. I know that assassins are heartless, but the players know that if they kill a bad guy, at the same time they ruin innocent lives. Two sides of the same coin. That was just an example, but this approach can open multiple options.

A possible idea for the target mapping:
    Agent 47 would have a smart watch or any other device (maybe a laptop), which allows him to follow his subjects, so the targets/interactions/items would not appear on the live map from the beggining when you start the mission, but after we found them in the game and marked/tagged them, we could see these detailes on the map. This would make the experience of the discovery system more in-depth and real.

In my opinion:

indispensable tools - silverballers, fiberwire, W2000 sniper, lockpick, anesthetics, syringe, suitcase

Needs polishing:

advanced animation... it's already 2014 and agent 47 is still open doors with his mind and teleports things into his hands without an effort.

Details are very important nowadays and Hitman 6 will be a next gen game, isn't it? + would be great to see a more improved close combat system, more new professional movements, the ability to hide weapons like in Hitman: SA level 2, Anathema (delivery boy), it was very enjoyable to get into the building on several ways, and Hitman: MB had a good option to hiding guns behind your back, it wat perfect.

disguise... the targets are different, so it will be really fun if would be possible to wear the characteristics of the current target, things such as a wig, fake beard, glasses, contact lens etc. There are creative ways to do this, for example when the target is fat, you can put pillows under your clothes or something like this. If you don't meet the criteria, guards could expose you easily.

believable characters... because in the previous game the characters were very cartoonish.

living NPCs... the NPCs in Hitman: Absolution were "dead". If you don't mind, I recommend you to take an example from "WATCH DOGS".

Last, but not least, bring back Jesper Kyd, please!

All the best!

F61 Wolf
    I agree with most of what you said about improving contract. But i think co-op will add more value to the game. Maybe not in singleplayer to keep the "agent 47 work alone" concept and i really agree with it. But in contract mode co-op will be great. Sometimes in absolution i didn't want to compete with my friend. i wanted to play with him. he go left and i go right. we select the hardest and the most creative contract mission and think together in order to find a way to kill the target.
    That will be awesome.
    I want to explain further but English is not helping
    My English is bad :D

MrAtmea: A hit in a prison level would be amazing! Beginning outside and then getting in either as inmate, guard or snipe from nearby. The options you could go with a level in a prison could be great.

Are they going to be using same audible sssssshhhHHHHHHH BING!! and visual Warning/danger arrow system?
    I'm hoping they find something else. Since there's no detection arrows or radar on purist level it's virtually impossible to hear warning sound in noisy places such as The Train Station dressed in the suit. Unless you have super peripheral vision, the only way to get through it is keep twirling around. The map system is the way to go IMO. One click and you can see who to look out for and which way they're headed. And then a quick click back.
    Last edited by kennj4; 02-01-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Speling and grammar
    signature image

The map coming back is a must for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kennj4 View Post
    Are they going to use the same sssssshhhHHHHHHH BING!! Warning/danger system?
    I'm hoping they find something else.
    I hope not. I played Absolution before Blood Money, and I much preferred the suspicion meter to the 'detection arc'.

Purist was a bad idea. Removing the HUD just makes the game feel a little more real-worldy, but a HUD done right > removing a bad HUD. Customisable HUD, like Thief and Dishonored, is the way to go.

I'd like to see a way to make an elevator accident happen by placing explosives on the cables holding it.

To the IO team:
    I trust Whatever you guys come up with!!
    This is by far THE best game brand out there!!
    Cant wait to see what you have instore for my favorite alter ego sociopath!
    Im confident you wont disappoint!
    signature image

Are they going to be using same audible sssssshhhHHHHHHH BING!! and visual Warning/danger arrow system?
    Maybe it's just me but I loved the warning sound of Hitman 1 and 2. Same goes for the information update such as "guards are now looking for a suspicious bald person". The sound in Blood Money was OK but got annoying after a while. We don't talk about Absolution.

1. Please confirm\deny, or at least give information on whether or not Bateson and\or Jesper Kyd will return.

2. Please remove instinct and bring back the old disguise system - It was amazing as it was. Don't fix what ain't broken. The Absolution system really discouraged exploration and the "Social Stealth" aspect of the older games and was just stupid in so many ways. Oh, and bring back the live aerial map. Please confirm\deny any of this.

3. Melee combat - Please bring actual combat, not QTE button mashing combat. Like how in Blood Money you could grab their gun, headbut\punch them. That idea, but improved for the next gen.

4. Point system - Change it to a money system and allow us to buy equipment with that money, like in BM. Don't keep the meter on our screens during play, show it at the end of the level like in blood money. It was so annoying in Absolution having it take up your screen space and giving you updates on every activity that you do. It makes people feel discouraged from playing how they want if they constantly see negative points due to killing innocents, etc.

5. Music - Absolutions music was lacking. It seemed like it was the same music\sound effects playing in a loop, with annoying movie-like sounds when you killed your target or something. Bring back Jesper Kyd or someone similar, with actual good soundtracks. Jesper's music really set the mood for each level in the older games.

Oh, and PLEASE remove this:

Other things that I think should return\ hopefully are mentioned:

- Mission briefings with details about the target as it was in the old games. No voice interactions during the mission. Like in Absolution, how he communicates with Travis saying stuff like "closing in on target".. 47 isn't James Bond.

- Ability to customize agency weapons and select them before each level like in Blood Money. Rifle suitcase, etc.

- Have 47 always use his suit\red tie as default, but maybe allow the use of other unlocked outfits at the start of each level.

- Less corny\obnoxious AI. It's funny when you find one or two stupid AI in the level once in a while, but when everyone has the same corny lines it gets annoying and starts to change the feeling of the game into one that isn't that serious. Just because they have the ability to talk doesn't mean they should.

- Have the old level\target design of the old games. Not be running from cops in every level. Start off each level new, in a new location with a new target.
    Last edited by Itsrob; 02-08-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    1. Please confirm\deny, or at least give information on whether or not Bateson and\or Jesper Kyd will return.

2. Please remove instinct and bring back the old disguise system - It was amazing as it was. Don't fix what ain't broken. The Absolution system really discouraged exploration and the "Social Stealth" aspect of the older games and was just stupid in so many ways. Oh, and bring back the live aerial map. Please confirm\deny any of this.

3. Melee combat - Please bring actual combat, not QTE button mashing combat. Like how in Blood Money you could grab their gun, headbut\punch them. That idea, but improved for the next gen.

4. Point system - Change it to a money system and allow us to buy equipment with that money, like in BM. Don't keep the meter on our screens during play, show it at the end of the level like in blood money. It was so annoying in Absolution having it take up your screen space and giving you updates on every activity that you do. It makes people feel discouraged from playing how they want if they constantly see negative points due to killing innocents, etc.

5. Music - Absolutions music was lacking. It seemed like it was the same music\sound effects playing in a loop, with annoying movie-like sounds when you killed your target or something. Bring back Jesper Kyd or someone similar, with actual good soundtracks. Jesper's music really set the mood for each level in the older games.

Oh, and PLEASE remove this:

Other things that I think should return\ hopefully are mentioned:

- Mission briefings with details about the target as it was in the old games. No voice interactions during the mission. Like in Absolution, how he communicates with Travis saying stuff like "closing in on target".. 47 isn't James Bond.

- Ability to customize agency weapons and select them before each level like in Blood Money. Rifle suitcase, etc.

- Have 47 always use his suit\red tie as default, but maybe allow the use of other unlocked outfits at the start of each level.

- Less corny\obnoxious AI. It's funny when you find one or two stupid AI in the level once in a while, but when everyone has the same corny lines it gets annoying and starts to change the feeling of the game into one that isn't that serious. Just because they have the ability to talk doesn't mean they should.

- Have the old level\target design of the old games. Not be running from cops in every level. Start off each level new, in a new location with a new target.
    listen to itsrob... he is wise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast