Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blog Post (24.1.14): Reveal, Reactions, Questions & Contracts

The Opening Ceremony lastnite at #Shochi2014 showed the construction of St. Petersburg. I felt like "I was there!!" Despite Lauer's ignorance.....

It would be great if they could return there!
    signature image

Good luck on hitman!!!
    That open letter was great how they are responding to community feedback to make what everyone wants a better game I'm very excited for the next hitman! Sitting in that awesome cubicle being awesome coding all day, all night!!!

hmmmmmm, why not make a level in a cubicle office? That would be fun, make it so Agent 47 has to take out the Floor supervisor or something, make him into the big stereotypical jerk which makes us have fun completing our mission!
    Last edited by BridgetFisher; 02-11-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Please allow button mapping on console version!
    It sucks so bad when you have to chose from preset standards when you prefer it a certain way.
    It worked perfectly on games like Red Faction on PS2 so I dont understand why its not an option on all current gen console games...

Hope you consider this!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAtmea View Post
    Since you asked for itÖ

Requests for the next Hitman:
    1 David Bateson
    2 The ability to close doors behind you
    3 The ability to knock out a target
    4 The ability to push a target of a stairs, balcony, etc, when you have taken him hostage
    5 Newspapers!
    6 Disguises should not be a failsafe, but you should be able to walk around with them more. Maybe only the leader of a certain group should be able to recognize you. Like a building manager, Swat team leader etc.
    7 Choosing your own weapon at the beginning of a level
    8 Sedatives and poisons should return. Spiking someoneís drink is a lot of fun (in a game, of course)
    9 Point shooting should return
    10 Sedating/ fiber wire-ing someone thatís in a chair
    11 The ability to take someone down from inside a closet/ dumpster
    12 Upgrades for weapons
    13 Sniper suitcase (Had to mention it)
    14 Accidents should get a higher score then fiber wire-ing and hiding the body of a target
    16 The ability to turn the scoring screen off.
    17 A silent assassin rating in all levels, regardless if there is a target or not (like Hitman 2)
    18 Cameras
    19 Less hiding behind cover, more walking around like a badass.
    20 Coins or something similar, because having to look around for something to throw pulls you straight out of the experience.
    21 A saving system that actually works as a saving system, preferably like the one from Blood Money
    22 DLC LEVELS, not guns. Iíll pay 20 bucks with my eyes closed if it means getting a new Hitman level. Guns are only fun for a little while, levels just keep on giving
    23 Mission briefings before you start the level, giving personal information about the targets
    24 If possible, a new Sniper Challenge pre order DLC. I loved it!
    25 An other hand to hand combat system
    26 No more letting 47 screw up in a cinematic after you have spent much time to get him through a level. Being taken out by a redneck called Skurky that somehow has telepathic powers was not only frustrating, but plain old stupid. The thing with the Mutant Mexican also didnít give me the feeling that 47 was the ultimate assassin from the previous games.
    27 No more ďpress this buttonĒ pop ups in the middle of the screen. Iím not stupid.
    28 More targets. Being hunted can be fun, but the missions where nobody knows whatís coming are better.
    29 Suit retrieval at the end of the level. A suit should count as evidence. Again, like BM.
    30 Scores only in the multiplayer, I really donít want to be reminded that some other dude got a higher score. I want to do stuff MY way, if I want to compete, Iíll do it in the multiplayer.
    31 The ability to reload when you have taken someone hostage.
    32 The ability to select something else then a gun in hostage mode: sedative, knife, fiber wire, elimination etc.
    33 Hiding the gun behind your back. Because it looked so awesome in Blood Money.
    34 No mini levels where the only objective is to reach the next door.
    35 Explosives that make accidents happen, and can also be thrown, or stuck on surfaces.
    36 Jesper Kyd, if possible.
    37 Weapons upgrades should be in single player, not just multiplayer.
    38 The ability to grab someoneís weapon (with the option to immediately take him hostage)
    39 Lock picking
    40 The ability to hide weapons in suitcases, crates, etc.
    41 Accidents should not be shown with Instinct, only guard patterns. This lets the player learn the map better, while still retaining replayability.
    42 Challenges should not give away certain accidents either.
    43 The elevator fiber wire trap from Blood Money
    44 A suitcase for other weapons then the sniper, like shotguns or rifles.
    45 The throwing knifes from Absolution

Please?

P.S. Iíd really like to see a massive prison as a level.

Nerd out: complete
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Travis@IO View Post
    Look for more of these posts in the future on a regular basis. If there's anything you'd like to see included, this is the place to let us know or leave your questions.
    What happened to a regular basis IO? I know you're busy but still it'd be nice to get an update with some of the key questions fans have been asking about.

I will refer to my post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...7&postcount=24

There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    What happened to a regular basis IO? I know you're busy but still it'd be nice to get an update with some of the key questions fans have been asking about.

I will refer to my post: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...7&postcount=24

Yeah, it would be great if there was an update every 2 weeks or something.

IOI,

The only things I care about in Hitman 6:

-a map feature
    -good soundtrack (preferably Jesper Kyd)
    -the 3rd person camera pulled back like the previous games
    -weapon upgrades
    -tons of assassination missions
    -no more Instinct

Everything else is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSparda View Post
    ever heard of PC? Cheaper platform, cheaper games, better visuals, more games? I got PC & 360, and i spit on the "next" gen. Only one game which is console exclusive and I would like to play is FF versus renamed for XV i think? Lot of people had preorder on next gen and what they can play? Almost nothing, and its 2 months out.
    PC gaming is cheaper? A PS4 is $400. Do you really think you could buy a decent gaming quality PC for $400 (let alone less)? I don't think so. Don't let the facts get in the way of anything though.

Look for more of these posts in the future on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    We've had a new post on the site every month but I know that they haven't been about the next Hitman, which is what I'd guess your wave is suggesting...

You'll have new details before you know it, but I can't put a precise timeframe on that just yet. Getting close though.

You'll have new details before you know it, but I can't put a precise timeframe on that just yet. Getting close though.
    Looking forward to it

Default hitman 6

being in college for game art an design and learning the business its amazing how thing redundantly remain the same in gaming , Hitman absolution brought a new aspect to shooters , mush like splinter cell conviction did in its time . call of duty and medal of honor is getting lame and redundant this military black ops predictable plots and story line !! like Ghost !! for instance i already knew the father was going to be killed !!no secret here same revenge plot scenario !!come on game designers and creators little more imaginations . Hitman keeps you interested because the game constantly unfolds as you play , and it depends on your style of play which to me is coll as hell , that's what makes this game rise above all shooter games out there and i mean all of them nothing even comes close . the point here is Victoria and birdie ?? what happen to them in hitman 6 ??? and please don't tell me their not in it !! it will ruin this game as 47 unfolds the mystery of the agency and just how deep this conspiracy runs , like the CIA, NSA , and FBI endless plots and missions . does Victoria join him in this adventure the teacher ?? and the student of the game ? or does she like the other hitman movie try and kill him as a ultimate plot ?? or do they work together as a team invincible to their contracts victims , can't wait to see how this turns out !! yes i agree she must be older sexy as hell and lethal and kick some major ass with some ultimate kung fu fighting and sword ninja would be awesome !!! as for birdie ??? well don't kill him off to soon let him remain in the game at least for awhile let him think everything is cool between them all , and then kick his ass and make him suffer "DIANA" ??? Well here's a twist !! how does she really feel about being shot by 47 ??? although he didn't kill her , what is really in her mind , can she trust him , or is she madly in love with him and they hook up and be this killer family of hitmen ??? "Diana , Victoria and 47 ? or does one become "evil " who will be the ultimate character her ??? hitman 6 !!! will be another success story if the developers , designers and game artist stay on track and not deviate from the hitman absolution game play to much .so we'll see won't we cN'T WAIT !!!

Default hitman 6

being in college for game art an design and learning the business its amazing how thing redundantly remain the same in gaming , Hitman absolution brought a new aspect to shooters , mush like splinter cell conviction did in its time . call of duty and medal of honor is getting lame and redundant this military black ops predictable plots and story line !! like Ghost !! for instance i already knew the father was going to be killed !!no secret here same revenge plot scenario !!come on game designers and creators little more imaginations . Hitman keeps you interested because the game constantly unfolds as you play , and it depends on your style of play which to me is coll as hell , that's what makes this game rise above all shooter games out there and i mean all of them nothing even comes close . the point here is Victoria and birdie ?? what happen to them in hitman 6 ??? and please don't tell me their not in it !! it will ruin this game as 47 unfolds the mystery of the agency and just how deep this conspiracy runs , like the CIA, NSA , and FBI endless plots and missions . does Victoria join him in this adventure the teacher ?? and the student of the game ? or does she like the other hitman movie try and kill him as a ultimate plot ?? or do they work together as a team invincible to their contracts victims , can't wait to see how this turns out !! yes i agree she must be older sexy as hell and lethal and kick some major ass with some ultimate kung fu fighting and sword ninja would be awesome !!! as for birdie ??? well don't kill him off to soon let him remain in the game at least for awhile let him think everything is cool between them all , and then kick his ass and make him suffer "DIANA" ??? Well here's a twist !! how does she really feel about being shot by 47 ??? although he didn't kill her , what is really in her mind , can she trust him , or is she madly in love with him and they hook up and be this killer family of hitmen ??? "Diana , Victoria and 47 ? or does one become "evil " who will be the ultimate character her ??? hitman 6 !!! will be another success story if the developers , designers and game artist stay on track and not deviate from the hitman absolution game play to much .so we'll see won't we cN'T WAIT !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ishockley63 View Post
    I don't think IO will touch the Absolution storyline since Hitman 6 is going back in time to when 47 was still working for the Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I don't think IO will touch the Absolution storyline since Hitman 6 is going back in time to when 47 was still working for the Agency.
    I hope that's the case.

We've had a new post on the site every month but I know that they haven't been about the next Hitman, which is what I'd guess your wave is suggesting...

Looks like we're going to be getting some news soon. Maybe some sort of announcement at E3.

http://hitman.com/hitman-absolution-out-now-for-mac/
    We’ve also got some news for those of you that have already played Absolution and are waiting to hear more about our next Hitman game; you can expect another blog post before the end of May. We’re looking forward to sharing more!

Stay tuned,
    @Io-Interactive
    Last edited by kennj4; 05-19-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Inserted link.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by kennj4 View Post
    Looks like we're going to be getting some news soon. Maybe some sort of announcement at E3.

http://hitman.com/hitman-absolution-out-now-for-mac/

I can't wait...please publish more concept arts and Cinematic trailers!!!

Look for more of these posts in the future on a regular basis.

No new news since late May. Any new screenshots or small tidbits of info?
    signature image

We've published posts almost monthly - but admittedly not that many about Hitman 6.

You saw the introduction from Jonathan, our new Art Director - and I'm just about to update that post with this link with a bit more information about him and another new face here: http://www.ioi.dk/?p=1875

I posted it to the ioi.dk news section rather than Hitman.com as it's not strictly about the games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12