Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 154

Thread: INSTINCT?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    You've run out of juice. Pretty lame.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    You need to look up the meaning of the terms "opinion" and "twist the truth". You also lack critical reading skills. I'm not about to waste my time responding to all of the idiotic 'points' you made because any person with a couple of brain cells can see how you are wrong.

    Because I'm nice, I'll give you 1 example:

    "Oh, really? I guessed you missed the target in Shaving Lenny where you had the option to electrocute him or push him into a pool of sulphuric acid and both accident points were at each end of his patrol. Or the option to kill the King of Chinatown by blowing up his car or disguising as his drug dealer and poisoning the dope. Oh, yeah, you couldn't plan anything in Absolution."

    Now I wasn't talking about planning on how to kill a target. I was talking about moving from point A to point B. Get it?

    If you honestly have this much trouble reading/understanding a written work and forming a cohesive argument in response, you will fail the SAT/ACT or any standardized test requiring you to think.

    P.S.: Nowhere did I say I want a remake/sequel of anything.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

    What about your statement where you started talking in context of the disguise system to put down the X-Ray vision, i.e., avoiding the yellow glowing people, as that was due to the flawed disguise system, and had nothing to do with the X-Ray vision because if it had Blood Money's disguise system you wouldn't need to worry?

    Let's go, Mr. Einstein, Mr. reading comprehension, let's see you take a stab at that one and just push aside the simple cop-outs for the moment.

    "Now I wasn't talking about planning on how to kill a target. I was talking about moving from point A to point B. Get it?" No. I don't. I don't think anyone knows what the hell you're talking about.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight!

    What about your statement where you started talking in context of the disguise system to put down the X-Ray vision, i.e., avoiding the yellow glowing people, as that was due to the flawed disguise system, and had nothing to do with the X-Ray vision because if it had Blood Money's disguise system you wouldn't need to worry?

    Let's go, Mr. Einstein, Mr. reading comprehension, let's see you take a stab at that one just the push aside the simple cop-outs at the moment.

    "Now I wasn't talking about planning on how to kill a target. I was talking about moving from point A to point B. Get it?" No. I don't. I don't think anyone knows what the hell you're talking about.
    I don't think you even know what "critical reading" is. Google it.

    Here is my answer to your question: Blood Money's disguise system is to forgiving. I can play that game without a map or Instinct.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    OMG! What a sorry excuse for a cop-out.

    How's this for "critical reading"? Since the topic is about the X-Ray vision don't speak in context of the disguise system or anything that has nothing to do with it. Can you read that critically?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    OMG! What a sorry excuse for a cop-out.

    How's this for "critical reading"? Since the topic is about the X-Ray vision don't speak in context of the disguise system or anything that has nothing to do with it. Can you read that critically?
    Thank you. You have confirmed that you have no idea what that word means.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I don't think you even know what "critical reading" is. Google it.

    Here is my answer to your question: Blood Money's disguise system is to forgiving. I can play that game without a map or Instinct.
    Ladies and gentlemen, he never answered me. He only edited his comment after I replied to him. What a sad individual you are. What are you, 12? That's okay. I'll let you play now, young man. This discussion is over.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, he never answered me. He only edited his comment after I replied to him. What a sad individual you are. What are you, 12? That's okay. I'll let you play now, young man. This discussion is over.
    I don't know if you can see the edit history and the times of when the edits occurred, but if you can, then you'll see that you are wrong.

    Don't get mad at me for your inability to comprehend. Any answer I give will just confuse you, then you'll write a diatribe on something that I didn't imply/say.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    lol some people cant read

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Sorry to bump an old thread, but for the sake of "just in case the devs read this far" I'd like to add my 2 cents about Instinct.

    It's a cheap and detracting system. I moved through Absolution on Expert (I like having saves) but only ever used Instinct once, and that was in the intro when I was forced to.

    Obviously everybody takes something different out of each game, and what they like about Hitman is going to be subjective. However, I believe for the majority of people, a lot of the fun in the old games derives from exploring the environment, experimenting with different methods, and pulling off a clean hit and moving on before anyone knows. You do not get that experience if you have a system like Instinct that holds your hand and points everything out for you. I don't want to see NPC's through walls and I don't want highlighted objects that remind me I'm in a game - a terrible thing to do. I want to move over to something while thinking to myself "can I use that?"

    I like the map that shows everybody and their movements on it, sure it's not realistic but it works, and it's fun. My favourite title is Contracts, and I think they should ditch the Instinct system and move back to that similar style for disguises. If you change clothes, you should be able to move freely with the access that disguise gives you, as long as you don't get right in an NPC's face for too long, or do anything suspicious like pull a fire alarm right in front of them.

    I think Absolution was a brilliant stealth game, but it's not the right kind of stealth for this franchise, IMO. I really hope Instinct is ditched for the old "hide in plain sight" stealth.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but for the sake of "just in case the devs read this far" I'd like to add my 2 cents about Instinct.

    It's a cheap and detracting system. I moved through Absolution on Expert (I like having saves) but only ever used Instinct once, and that was in the intro when I was forced to.

    Obviously everybody takes something different out of each game, and what they like about Hitman is going to be subjective. However, I believe for the majority of people, a lot of the fun in the old games derives from exploring the environment, experimenting with different methods, and pulling off a clean hit and moving on before anyone knows. You do not get that experience if you have a system like Instinct that holds your hand and points everything out for you. I don't want to see NPC's through walls and I don't want highlighted objects that remind me I'm in a game - a terrible thing to do. I want to move over to something while thinking to myself "can I use that?"

    I like the map that shows everybody and their movements on it, sure it's not realistic but it works, and it's fun. My favourite title is Contracts, and I think they should ditch the Instinct system and move back to that similar style for disguises. If you change clothes, you should be able to move freely with the access that disguise gives you, as long as you don't get right in an NPC's face for too long, or do anything suspicious like pull a fire alarm right in front of them.

    I think Absolution was a brilliant stealth game, but it's not the right kind of stealth for this franchise, IMO. I really hope Instinct is ditched for the old "hide in plain sight" stealth.
    Can you just explain to me how seeing enemies through walls is any different than seeing enemies 2 floors above you in another building through the overview map? I agree that every item shouldn't be highlighted. In fact, I think that everything in the level that isn't nailed to the floor, 47 should be able to pick up. The problem I had with Blood Money and earlier titles is that you never knew when an item could be interacted with. You could explore the entire level trying to interact with everything from the stove to the radio and stumble upon maybe 1 or 2 discoveries. Not to mention, that pretty much every important item was displayed on the map with an exclamation mark. The task of looking under every last stone becomes tedious. I think both systems were flawed when it came to showing items of interest. As for the NPC's, I think Instinct is the best method. Something about going to a map killed the immersion for me.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    On harder difficulties you could only see the targets from the map and the fear of getting busted while looking at the map was present. If I'd get to decide, I would too ditch Instinct and get the unrealistic-but-still-awesome satellite map back. Or at least an option to play the game TOTALLY WITHOUT INSTINCT without it breaking the game. That means no need to use instinct in groups or disguises. Rubbing the back of your head makes you look only more suspicious, not the other way around. The disguise system in BM was forgiving, yes, but also a lot better compared to what we saw in Absolution.

    Seeing guards and their paths is just overpowered. I think IO was trying to get rid of the "Trial&Error" style of play, of which many people complained about. But I think that's what Hitman was mostly about: Observing, Planning, Executing. If failing, repeat. The feeling when you got away without anyone having the slightest clue was the most rewarding experience I've had in videogames. And I don't want no superpowers making my day easier.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    On harder difficulties you could only see the targets from the map and the fear of getting busted while looking at the map was present. If I'd get to decide, I would too ditch Instinct and get the unrealistic-but-still-awesome satellite map back. Or at least an option to play the game TOTALLY WITHOUT INSTINCT without it breaking the game. That means no need to use instinct in groups or disguises. Rubbing the back of your head makes you look only more suspicious, not the other way around. The disguise system in BM was forgiving, yes, but also a lot better compared to what we saw in Absolution.

    Seeing guards and their paths is just overpowered. I think IO was trying to get rid of the "Trial&Error" style of play, of which many people complained about. But I think that's what Hitman was mostly about: Observing, Planning, Executing. If failing, repeat. The feeling when you got away without anyone having the slightest clue was the most rewarding experience I've had in videogames. And I don't want no superpowers making my day easier.
    The added tension from the map was barely noticeable because the NPC's were very predictable. The difference in time was about half to 2 thirds of a second. Hardly enough of a reason to stay with such a prehistoric, outdated system. It was almost a waste of time.

    Also, for example, in the game Tomb Raider, your forced to stand still while using their version of Instinct. The added difficulty is that you have to pull a full 360 to scan your surroundings. With the map, you have a top-down view so everything is displayed for you in one dimension. I don't know if you've played Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. That game also has an Instinct-like method of displaying NPC's, except you have to first tag an enemy before he shows up on the radar. That means that some NPC's do not show up and they can spot you, so you have to be extra aware. And you have to move quietly and undetected while silently taking down enemies and it's hard. It's not a breezy walk through the park like you would imagine.

    Every last 3rd person game that has come out in the past 2 years has used to the same Instinct-like system to display NPC's, from Assassins Creed, to The Last of US, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid V, and so on. Why? Technical advancement maybe. It's the next logical step to progress in. A radar map is cheap. Especially when you have to back out to a different screen. The only reason they used a map in the first place is because they didn't have the technical capabilities to do something else. The argument that a map screen adds tension doesn't hold water. The added tension is so subtle and the NPC's are so slow and predictable that it amounts to a waste of time more than anything else. And the fact that with Instinct your forced to scan your surroundings in 360 degrees cancels that out. Plus, there are many ways to balance out the tension for Instinct, like making the NPC's smarter, quicker, more shaky and less predictable.

    If I made the next Hitman, I would use Instinct to display NPC's, except I wouldn't use a complete silhouette of an NPC, I would just highlight the sound vibrations he made that echo from his feet and anywhere else he makes noise. That way you wouldn't know if it was a person or a rodent. And the potency of the Instinct would be based on location. If you're in a quiet forest, you can see every single sound wave, but if you're in a Mardi Gras parade, every sound wave would cancel each other out.

    Or maybe they should just ditch Instinct and the map altogether and just play the entire game by ear, with realistic sound effects. Of course, the background music (Jesper Kyd) might cause a problem.

    The point is, the overview map is cheap and primitive and we need to move forward. I think people are just being conservative because they were so disappointed with Absolution.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Every last 3rd person game that has come out in the past 2 years has used to the same Instinct-like system to display NPC's, from Assassins Creed, to The Last of US, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid V, and so on. Why? Technical advancement maybe. It's the next logical step to progress in. A radar map is cheap. Especially when you have to back out to a different screen.
    I disagree. Only a handful of 3rd person games let you see through walls. What is in style is a mechanic that slows down time since 3rd person automatically makes aiming harder.

    The only reason they used a map in the first place is because they didn't have the technical capabilities to do something else.
    I'm pretty sure IO could've pulled it off if they wanted. Games like Jedi Knight had a force power that let you see through walls and they came out around 2003.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    You know what I don't like. It's the constant interruption in game play to stop everything I'm doing to look at a map. The zoom never stays the same you have to keep switching out and refocusing every single time. If it's a floor above me that's even more buttons I have to press. I like tension but if I have to work extra hard to achieve it I'd rather not have it. They are both forms of cheating and if I have to choose I'll go with the least annoying one. They should have both forms of radar, which can be selected in the options menu.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    you're annoying

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    you're annoying
    mcescher1, I haven't heard from you in a long time. I thought maybe you got hit by a bus or something.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Map > seeing through walls.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    Map > seeing through walls.
    Map = seeing through roofs

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Map = seeing through roofs
    Not in all difficulty.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Stasis
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    You know what I don't like. It's the constant interruption in game play to stop everything I'm doing to look at a map.
    Splinter Cell Double Agent (Xbox 360 version) had a nice feature. You could turn on a map in the lower left hand corner of the HUD that showed real-time movements of every enemy near you (they showed up as yellow dots...enemies above/below you showed up as gray dots). It actually looked like a satellite image of where you were. The catch was that if you moved, the radar would scramble and you would only see static.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5bijoHms5c

    Start at 2:55 and you'll see.

    The zoom never stays the same you have to keep switching out and refocusing every single time. If it's a floor above me that's even more buttons I have to press. I like tension but if I have to work extra hard to achieve it I'd rather not have it.
    I never had this problem but I play Hitman games on the PC (except for Absolution).

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    Map > seeing through walls.
    Agreed

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Instinct > seeing through roofs.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    the instinct system needs to be abandoned

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent47ICA View Post
    If you talk about the realism .. Then maps are realistic of course ... And instincts don't even exist (the type of which they showed in the game ) .. Seeing through walls ..trails .we don't see that kind of stuff in real life .. But we do see maps. Instinct was just a derived formula from assassins creed eagle vission etc .. And the worst thing about instinct was that it was connected to the disguise system .. So even wearing a disguise .. You change cover to cover .. Hiding and hiding .. Gameplay remains the same (even if you change the disguise) ..
    People see a top down satellite view of their surroundings in real life? Are you serious?

    The top down view map takes away the need for awareness. Rather than scanning your surroundings you press a button and you see every enemy around every corner.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •