Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please let Jesper Kyd do the Hitman 6 soundtrack!

Default Please let Jesper Kyd do the Hitman 6 soundtrack!

Please let Jesper Kyd do the Hitman 6 soundtrack! Nobody knows how to set the mood for a good Hitman game quite like Jesper Kyd! He was sorely missed in Hitman: Absolution!

Last edited by semajmarc87; 05-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Agree 100%. His style evolved as each game came out, I can't even imagine how sick his score will be for Hitman 6.

I signed up SPECIFICALLY for this reason. I don't know what happened with the last hitman, but absolution didn't feature Jesper Kyd, and then you weren't going to have David Bateman doing Agent 47's voice? Luckily you corrected one of those mistakes, but absolution certainly wasn't Blood Money.

Now you have the chance to correct the other mistake. Bring back Jesper!

I absolutely agree. In fact, i critiziced that too. Jesper Kyd is a genius in composing the sound of Hitman.

Jesper Kyd is a must!

Bring back Jesper Kyd if possible. I really like his music.
    Question: What is a console? Answer: Itīs an unupgradable PC

The soundtrack of Absolution was ok, but Kyd was clearly missing.

Some of his tracks for the older games have this special kind of awsomeness which always makes me remeber of Hitman and his missions.
    Especially the song Vegas he produced for Hitman Blood Money is still a part of my playlists.

He managed to give every mission its own atmosphere and provided for some musical variation over the hole games. He's clearly best one for this job.

The Bjarkov Bomb (Contracts) seems like it was designed by Jesper Kyd himself. Especially when he's going through the tunnel on the platform train car.

Does anyone know who plays that song on the TV in The Barber Shop on Shaving Lenny?
    I put it through Shazam and it never came up with anything. I want it for a ringtone!!!!!
    Last edited by kennj4; 01-17-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by kennj4 View Post
    The Bjarkov Bomb (Contracts) seems like it was designed by Jesper Kyd himself. Especially when he's going through the tunnel on the platform train car.

Does anyone know who plays that song on the TV in The Barber Shop on Shaving Lenny?
    I put it through Shazam and it never came up with anything. I want it for a ringtone!!!!!
    It's not a real song, it's a video of Clive Sturky being punished by the gimp girl who gets shot at the exchange at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    It's not a real song, it's a video of Clive Sturky being punished by the gimp girl who gets shot at the exchange at the end.
    OHH! OK!! Thanks.That makes perfect sense!
    signature image

Default agreed

I think kyd contributed so much to the series, he's become a big part of it. I would love to have him back

I adore Jesper Kyd's work, not only on Hitman but other series as well. I've got all four of his physical Hitman albums signed by him (Hitman 2, Hitman 1 & 2 joint, Contracts, and Blood Money). While Absolution's soundtrack had some highlights and generally fit within its environments well, didn't leave too much of a lasting impression at the end of the day.

Were they to bring him back I'd be ecstatic as the man has a great understanding of character and environment through music. Were he to pass or IO choose someone else, then I'll be disappointed but keep an open mind.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

Quote Originally Posted by FriedGoat View Post
    I signed up SPECIFICALLY for this reason. I don't know what happened with the last hitman, but absolution didn't feature Jesper Kyd, and then you weren't going to have David Bateman doing Agent 47's voice? Luckily you corrected one of those mistakes, but absolution certainly wasn't Blood Money.

Now you have the chance to correct the other mistake. Bring back Jesper!
    Jesper was working on AC3 and Borderlands 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSparda View Post
    Jesper was working on AC3 and Borderlands 2.
    Jesper didn't do AC3. Lorne Balfe composed that game.
    signature image
    "@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"

I agree, Kyd's work, especially on Hitman 2 silent assassin was wonderful, knew how to make epic BGM or dark and menacing like on Hitman Contacts.

The only music that stuck with me from Absolution was the one from the library in the run for your life level.

I pretty much know all the songs from the other games, so thats saying a lot

Found and registered to the forum just to say this. Dear coders, if you are serious about making this game the apex of Hitman series, you know what you need to do. I won't even bother linking the OST of the previous titles to remind you how beautifully that music resonated with 47's persona. Jesper understands him wholly.

Agreed!! His job on Contracts, Silent Assasin and Blood Money was fantastic!

Jesper Kyd is a must have. Throw as much money at him as possible IO.

After looking around the web a bit, I found this interview with Jespor: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Int...eed-47395.html
    where he reveals he wasnt even approached about doing the score for Hitman Absolution! I more or less assumed he was unavaible, but he wasnt even asked! This combined with the fact they changed the voice of Diana and almost changed the voice of 47 is mindblowing to me. They need to bring Jesper and the original Diana back.

Did someone mess with IOs airsupply or something when they did Absolution?

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    After looking around the web a bit, I found this interview with Jespor: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Int...eed-47395.html
    where he reveals he wasnt even approached about doing the score for Hitman Absolution! I more or less assumed he was unavaible, but he wasnt even asked! This combined with the fact they changed the voice of Diana and almost changed the voice of 47 is mindblowing to me. They need to bring Jesper and the original Diana back.

Did someone mess with IOs airsupply or something when they did Absolution?
    Yeah, IO was really smoking something when coming up with Absolution. Dropping Bateson, not even approaching Jesper Kyd, replacing Diana for no reason, etc. Hope they come back to their senses this time around and bring back all of those people.

He is a must for this and every Hitman game!

Yes. I cannot stress this enough. Kyd created the atmosphere, the ambience that really made the game. The levels were as fun as they were largely because of his music. The score in Absolution was mediocre, can't really complain about it, but it didn't leave a lasting memory like ALL of Kyd's scores. I'm sure IOI knows that and after hearing what they're going to change in the next game they'll also realize that not hiring Kyd would be sheer insanity. If he's not available then damn, someone has big boots to fill. The guy who did Absolution tried, but couldn't.

I re-played all Hitman Games except Absolution, the main reason is Sountrack...its the Soundtrack that brings me back to Hitman 1,2,3 and 4, i bet you that 90% of hitman fans missed Jesper in Absolution. The game was awesome, no complains, but the soundtrack make me forget about the game easily

Please IOI to employ any other GOOD composer from other not-Hitman games (if Jesper is not available) and don't let weak composer to do the job! Difference between soundtrack (and gameplay) from Blood Money and Absolution is huuuuge. Please don't let spoil ost. Music is very important aspect of Hitman series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast