Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blog Post (16.1.14): An Open Letter to All Hitman Fans

Default Blog Post (16.1.14): An Open Letter to All Hitman Fans

Hello!

On behalf of the entire team at Io-Interactive, I wanted to share with you an open letter that was posted on Hitman.com today.

You can read it in full here: http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/

We are very excited to share more very soon, so let us know what you think.

Reactions i've seen on internet are extremly positive. Glad that you've learn about flaws from hitman absolution and that you are inspired by previous hitman (BM, Contracts,...)

When will we see concept art, pictures, ... from the game?
    I don't speak good english, sorry. French speaker here.

Default Open letter from IO to fans <3

In case you want to post it here officially, feel free to delete it, I just have to share this, because it's awesome that you really care about your fans and accept your mistakes in H:A. I hope you'll find good way to tweak diguises.

So again thank you IO & Square Enix, I have been with you for more than a decade (Hitman 2 was my 1st game on my new pc!)

I just hope my current PC will be able to handle that game because it sounds awesome, and I can't wait for E3.

P.S.: Please keep 47's slow walk animation from Hitman Absolution, that was one hell of and epic stuff!

Now, Welcome aboard the hype train

Dear Hitman fans,

We wanted to share this open letter with all of you out there eagerly awaiting more news about what’s happening next in the franchise.

At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.

As we get further into 2014, we will reveal more and get into much closer contact with all of you. There are so many things we have planned and we are extremely excited for the future of Hitman.

Thank you all for your dedication. We will share much, much more in the coming months.

The Io-Interactive Team
    @IOInteractive

Source: http://hitman.com/open-letter-to-hitman-fans/

I liked Absolution but not that much. I was worried about Hitman 6 but now after this awesome letter. I'm very excited.
    I think it's time to buy next gen.
    I have been with you for more than a decade (Hitman 2 was my 1st game on my new pc!)
    Silent Assassin was my first game also.
    IO Interactive please make something that i can play for years just like Blood Money, I'm still Playing it until now and the collection made it even better.
    Is my English good ? lool

For me there is not Hitman without David Bateson. Please bring it back.

One thing I've always missed in the Hitman series (which is great, especially BloodMoney),
    is the ability to frame a murder on someone else (someone obvious or someone who's mentally ill). Of course, turning your murder into an accident is cool, but making sure someone else gets blame for it is even better Having a suitcase full of CSI-related materials to copy-paste someones fingerprints, leaving bloodstains on someone else's clothes etc. What would be better?

Lets hope that you really learned from Absolution and fans reactions to Instinct and the whole game so that the next game will be just like the first four.

Just the fact that they're going back in the story line and sending 47 across the globe again is very, very good news! No checkpoints and no magic pockets! Hope this all comes true although only time will tell.
    signature image

*merged duplicate threads*

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Can't bloody wait for the CGI trailer from the Visual Works at E3 2014. And also the first gameplay with screens.

#Hitman
    #Agent47
    #TheSilentAssassin
    #TheReturnOfHitman
    #IOInteractive
    #E32014

My thoughts regarding the letter:

"globetrotting Agent 47" .... YES!
    "stalking his prey across the world" .... YES!
    "with the support of his long-term handler Diana" ... YES!
    "concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy" .... YES!
    "drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money" .... and another: YES!
    "an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels" ... YES YES YES!!!
    "we have removed 47’s magic pockets"... OMFG YES!

In the case i wasn't clear about something: i'm absolutely stunned right now, this sounds just... thrilling... if this game really comes with those features, i'm in! At this point big thanks to IOI, who clearly react to the core fans' critics on Absolution!

There won't be a story =(?

Post Great news.

I struggle to play Absolution still due to its linear game play, although I admit I love the visuals, the range of characters(could be larger), the new range of distractions/decoys and the mechanics feel great. Even some of the maps where good in Absolution.

You promised a living world, this felt limited by not being able to do simple tasks such as engage with people or more objects.

Levels/maps/missions need to be more dynamic and individualised for each setting. The strip club on Absolution could be so much better, many small maps.

The most annoying feature apart was the lack of carrying over weapons, pre mission weapon select and collecting a huge range of weapons including melee weapons in Hitman's shed/locker.

Sniper Challenge was really fun and contained lots of interesting bonuses, Absolution felt like a completely less rewarding game.

As much as I want to love Absolution, it is disappointing. Online play if you can call it that gets boring quick.

'Core' and 'experiment' are two of the keywords, but don't disregard some of the great work done on Absolution.

ps. don't split missions into levels/sections - this is last generation.

Have you played hitman 1,2,3,4? All of them have background story, yes its not cinematic and stuff but it is interesting, maybe they ill mix it with absolution like story with conspiracy, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfSparda View Post
    Have you played hitman 1,2,3,4?
    Every single Hitman to be released on PC.

I remember people chose either Hitman Codename 47 or project IGI. Most of you will not remember this :P

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.
    I guess that means no more "Out for a run.. Are we?" with a sniper rifle shoved down 47's pants running past 5 cops...
    I'm hoping that means the classic ICA briefcase will be back.
    In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.
    This is great news. It makes the missions so much more interesting IMO being in one part of the world then tracking down your next target in another land and culture.
    Hopefully this also means an end to Victoria, and 47 goes back to his cold, psychotic, void of feelings ways..
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by kermy View Post

I remember people chose either Hitman Codename 47 or project IGI. Most of you will not remember this :P
    The Original Assassin is coming back! Great news!

I played both, but 47 was always my favorite!

Time....

...to dig up the past

Smile

Finally some video game Company that listens to its Fans.

This sounds Great.

No Magic Pockets, No Instinct, Open (Huge) Sandbox Levels, The old Hitman and hopefully the option to chose and maybe modify the weapons before you enter the level.

I will buy 10 copies for PS4 and Xbox One each if it's like Hitman 1 and 2 with mind blowing graphics.

And please bring back the Sniper Mode with more Levels. Was awesome before I had to suffer under Absolution.

Default Best news all year!

After playing $hitty game after $hitty game all of last year (GTA V was very disappointing) it's good to hear that 47's coming back in class.

Blood Money's gameplay + Absolution's graphics = orgasm overload!

Absolution was the worst IMO, but please keep a few things from it like:

(1) Bullet-time (with option to remove for the purists). I suck with analog sticks and besides which, Hitman is a puzzle game, not a shooter, plus pulling the mozambique drill on enemies all on the down low is SICK!

(2) The Gamma Contrast. You know those ultra bright curtains of light that decorated some of the levels in Absolution. Those were SICK certified, as well.

Other than that, bring back the old school. I think Blood Money had the most diversity when it came to levels and locales. And bring back the 7 game saves. I'm a little worried about this "check-point free" business.

Quote Originally Posted by kermy View Post

Ah Project IGI. Such an amazing game. My amazing childhood because of that game. Its so sad that the developer is no more and we never got a 3rd game from Eidos/Codemasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
    My thoughts regarding the letter:

"globetrotting Agent 47" .... YES!
    "stalking his prey across the world" .... YES!
    "with the support of his long-term handler Diana" ... YES!
    "concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy" .... YES!
    "drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money" .... and another: YES!
    "an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels" ... YES YES YES!!!
    "we have removed 47’s magic pockets"... OMFG YES!

In the case i wasn't clear about something: i'm absolutely stunned right now, this sounds just... thrilling... if this game really comes with those features, i'm in! At this point big thanks to IOI, who clearly react to the core fans' critics on Absolution!
    Well said, I agree.
    But You and everybody forgets one very important part of Hitman series, that was not in Absolution. Jesper Kyd. I really missed his music in Absolution. I played Borderlands 2 and his music as always is spot on.
    IOI, I hope you read this.

Default POR FAVOR

POR FAVOR DEBERIAN SEGUIR LA SAGA DE PELICULAS TAMBIEN PA PRIMERA PARTE ME ENCANTO Y ME GUSTARIA Q HUBIERAN MAS PELICULAS SOBRE EL AGENTE 47 SERIA ESTUPENDO, ASOMBROSO..
    GRACIAS

PSDT: HITMAN LO MEJOR : La adoración: : La adoración: : La adoración:

: La adoración: : La adoración:

Default so excited

I'm so happy to hear the Hitman will be back! I can't wait to play it, I know IO will do a great job

Quote Originally Posted by Deuss_LV View Post
    Well said, I agree.
    But You and everybody forgets one very important part of Hitman series, that was not in Absolution. Jesper Kyd. I really missed his music in Absolution. I played Borderlands 2 and his music as always is spot on.
    IOI, I hope you read this.
    You are right, and that aspect is already discussed in that thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140989

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast