Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blog Post (16.1.14): An Open Letter to All Hitman Fans

With this announcement you have my attention, IO, but I naturally remain sceptical after the last instalment.

Holy shi... I CAN'T WAAAIT FOR THIS GAME
    I'm wondering if it will have a prelude book (like damnation). Please, let me know.

Im glad you brought up jesper kyd..his music was perfect a dark but sometimes light intense feel very different..I do think ave maria works perfect with hitman though

Quote Originally Posted by Verdict View Post
    One thing I've always missed in the Hitman series (which is great, especially BloodMoney),
    is the ability to frame a murder on someone else (someone obvious or someone who's mentally ill). Of course, turning your murder into an accident is cool, but making sure someone else gets blame for it is even better Having a suitcase full of CSI-related materials to copy-paste someones fingerprints, leaving bloodstains on someone else's clothes etc. What would be better?
    How did you do that in Blood Money?

I'm really hoping for more use of the sniper rifle. With more vantage points.
    Also hoping for you having to work out how to kill your main characters. With less cutscenes.
    One more thing. Please more Traditions of the trade, Curtains Down and less operation Sledgehammer. We don't want inevitable combat forcing down our throats. If you do get on Call of Duty.
    All sounds promising though.

I have not yet played Absolution.

After watching videos on Youtube I was turned off. The game looked way to streamlined and accessible. If the game is designed for that in the beginning it doesn't matter what's done in Purist Mode, because the core gamedesign is still there, with levels that are on rails and adapted for the checkpoints system, and the map was removed and replaced with x-ray vision, and so forth. Then I have to say that very scripted games have very limited replay-value because once you've played it one time you know how it goes the next time. For a game like Hitman that offers no multiplayer there isn't really any replay-value at all once you've played been riding your cart on the rails through all levels.

What I value most in Hitman is the freedom to solve the missions any way I want without being forced down a certain path with the doors locked behind me. I still find new ways to complete my objectives in Blood Money and Hitman 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprez View Post
    I have not yet played Absolution.

After watching videos on Youtube I was turned off. The game looked way to streamlined and accessible. If the game is designed for that in the beginning it doesn't matter what's done in Purist Mode, because the core gamedesign is still there, with levels that are on rails and adapted for the checkpoints system, and the map was removed and replaced with x-ray vision, and so forth. Then I have to say that very scripted games have very limited replay-value because once you've played it one time you know how it goes the next time. For a game like Hitman that offers no multiplayer there isn't really any replay-value at all once you've played been riding your cart on the rails through all levels.

What I value most in Hitman is the freedom to solve the missions any way I want without being forced down a certain path with the doors locked behind me. I still find new ways to complete my objectives in Blood Money and Hitman 2.
    Absolution isn't actually a bad game, it's just a very unworthy successor to previous titles. It's a game good enough to play through once to kill time. It has a sort of cat-and-mouse theme to it (you're the mouse) and the story has some pretty decent characters and dialogue. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, IT IS STREAMLINED, but as a different take on the bald assassin you'll at least enjoy it for as long as it takes to beat it once. I'm playing it now for a third time, but a Hitman game it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Absolution isn't actually a bad game, it's just a very unworthy successor to previous titles. It's a game good enough to play through once to kill time. It has a sort of cat-and-mouse theme to it (you're the mouse) and the story has some pretty decent characters and dialogue. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, IT IS STREAMLINED, but as a different take on the bald assassin you'll at least enjoy it for as long as it takes to beat it once. I'm playing it now for a third time, but a Hitman game it is not.
    Of course, the game itself is not bad. The fact is that I am biased. If a game is called ''Hitman'' and it doesn't live up to my expectations of a Hitman game I don't but the game even though I think it looks fun.

But to be honest I do not actually play many of the ''moderns titles'' today and I do not consider them to be fun. I simply don't find them entertaining anymore. Without trying to sound arrogant, they are simply to easy and the skillgap is compressed. If there is no trial and error then I lose interest very quickly. Some games give me the impression that I'm not even playing them. Its almost like if the game play by itself. Then the majority of all games today look and play very much the same.

I dont want to feel like I did in Hitman Absolution. There were some great levels in that game like the cornfield, the main street of downtown Hope, and Chinatown. But all I could feel was that these levels would have been so much more fun to play in Blood Money the way the maps are laid out there. I still play Blood Money to this day.

I happy that they went back to hitman's roots but it would be cool to have some kind of boss who is a little more complex to kill rather than shooting them in the head or any other way you would kill target please don't have a boss or bosses who like the "nuns" in absolution

I must admit, I loved absolution I thought it was absolutely fantastic and I am in no way saying it was as good as Blood Money but I think what my line of thinking was, was that it was a kind of 'tester' for Hitman 6. I feel this because they showed to us a new way for 47 to traverse the environment, new abilities he could utilise to kill etc. all of which they tested before they adapted them for Hitman 6. I feel they knew the segmented level system would not be a fan favourite and thus really made this game about what 47 can do and from this we can take solace in the fact that Hitman 6 will be everything we loved in Absolution and more.

Hahaha YES YES YES YES

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123