Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blog Post (16.1.14): An Open Letter to All Hitman Fans

Default Weapons

The only thing I want for this series is to bring back the weapon customization back

A few words from the master him self - just go make the game YOU wanna make, i loved the last one - great stealth, and super awesome action, som of the best shooting in the game industri

Quote Originally Posted by petersjov View Post
    A few words from the master him self - just go make the game YOU wanna make, i loved the last one - great stealth, and super awesome action, som of the best shooting in the game industri
    I agree!!

I love Hitman:Absolution so much!

Default New Hitman game requests!

Hi guys, my missus bought me Absolution for Xbox 360 for my birthday when it came out, well i was NAGGING her to get it for me! I'm MASSIVE Hitman fan, and I completed the game pretty much in one sitting. LOVED the story of Absolution, and after reading "Enemy within" book, started it allover again from the "Codename 47" game *thanks to Steam* 80% off bundle!

Anyway... when I refresh my memory of the Bald-man's adventures, I will post a list on what I would want for the new game, if you agree with me, please help out with suggestions!

Thanks...

...afterall that's what I do.

Default Screenplay

Quote Originally Posted by hititman View Post
    Finally some video game Company that listens to its Fans.

This sounds Great.

No Magic Pockets, No Instinct, Open (Huge) Sandbox Levels, The old Hitman and hopefully the option to chose and maybe modify the weapons before you enter the level.

I will buy 10 copies for PS4 and Xbox One each if it's like Hitman 1 and 2 with mind blowing graphics.

And please bring back the Sniper Mode with more Levels. Was awesome before I had to suffer under Absolution.

Dude, nowdays i think its all about, storyline, and making the game less repetative as possible! When I played Absolution, I couldn't wait for the next cinematic!

Quote Originally Posted by BL47E View Post
    Dude, nowdays i think its all about, storyline, and making the game less repetative as possible! When I played Absolution, I couldn't wait for the next cinematic!
    Change is one thing, stripping a game of most of it's key features down to a simple, linear action game and presenting it as Hitman is something else entirely. I agree with you that Absolution had a good story, in terms of plot, characters and voice acting, the best in any Hitman game. But the thing about Hitman is it's a product that hasn't yet reached it's peak and is still far from stale. To abandon all progress it's made at this point and heading into an entirely different direction is just lunacy. The checkpoint system was heavily flawed as enemies kept respawning. I, like so many others, bought Absolution because I wanted a Hitman game. If I wanted a linear action/adventure I would've bought Uncharted. If I wanted an open world free-for-all I would've bought Grand Theft Auto. There's a reason for buying a Hitman game and what I got instead was ridiculous.

Please don't limit yourselves to the last gen hardware. To deliver the full Hitman fantasy, you're going to need some good hardware, and in my opinion, last gen will not cut it. Hell, make the game come on 2 discs if need be; just blow my mind like GTA V did (in terms of size)

ye,well im weeellll.excited bout new hitman,and i recon they wont dissapoint us lot.
    signature image
    ... afterall that's what I do.

I agree with S3R6i0. IO should continue working with what set Hitman apart from other games, not trying to make it more like other games.

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    I agree with S3R6i0. IO should continue working with what set Hitman apart from other games, not trying to make it more like other games.

And for that matter it should be like Blood Money was.

- Weapon customization/upgrades/gadgets

- Notoriety/bribes

- Unethical cold blood killer (you know..not the nice guy)

- More twisted mind characters

- Music and sound ambiance

Really Blood Money was such a piece of art in the video game industry...I could only dream to have some of the same stuff with today's PC tech.

Don't forget weapon loadouts before missions-

Quote Originally Posted by mikom View Post
    Don't forget weapon loadouts before missions-
    Oh yes obviously! That's what I meant.
    But I trust/hope they know what we are talking about.
    All the good stuff.
    -ICA case
    -Sedative
    -Poison
    -Mission briefing with weapon customization.
    -etc

And blood stains on the wall/floor when you shot a target...

I think most of us want all that blood money had but expanded upon.

At Io-Interactive right now, we are building the next AAA Hitman game for PC and next-gen consoles. It has our total focus and we wanted to take a moment to tell you a few things about it.

In the next game you will experience a globetrotting Agent 47 at the prime of his career – the apex predator stalking his prey across the world, with the support of his long-term handler Diana Burnwood and the whole of the ICA.

The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world. We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy. That means we’re packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We’ve adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels. Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves.

Contracts Mode is back – you will be able to create and build challenges by experimenting with the large levels and possibilities within them. And of course, you can share them with the world and challenge your friends or foes to complete your hits. Your rules, your Contracts.

You will also be glad to hear that we have removed 47’s magic pockets. We believe that’s all we need to say about that subject.
    CAn't wait to play the game!
    sry for my english

Default loved H:A

i personally loved Absolution. but it was a very short game and i felt it to be too easy. but the gameplay was stellar and the storyline was great. i wouldn't complain if they made the next hitman a lot like Absolution

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHeartedHero View Post
    i wouldn't complain if they made the next hitman a lot like Absolution
    I would

Quote Originally Posted by ColdHeartedHero View Post
    i wouldn't complain if they made the next hitman a lot like Absolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstyles75 View Post
    I would
    i would most definitely complain... or just give up on the hitman franchise forever :'(

Quote Originally Posted by mcescher1 View Post
    i would most definitely complain... or just give up on the hitman franchise forever :'(
    Pretty much. I'm hoping that Absolution was just an experiment (that failed) and that they're going to go back to the old level design\gameplay formula. I very much wanted to love Absolution because the series is very dear to me, but it just went against all of the fundamentals of the previous game and I was let down considerably.

On another note, it'd be nice if we got another post like this from the devs with little details about the next game (disguise system, voice actors, if jesper kyd is coming back etc)
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

i think we are in the same boat 'itsrob'

im hoping for a little news soon too

although im sure it will be awhiiile until the game comes out

i wasted over a year waiting for 'Absolution' because i thought it would be out.. then it didn't come out.. then i thought.. maybe another month or two.. then 3 .. and so on

ended up being a year and a month by the time it came out from when i thought it would

then we were blessed with "Absolution"

the first bit of news was good... i hope the next bit continues on the right path

Quote Originally Posted by Soleil View Post
    My thoughts regarding the letter:

"globetrotting Agent 47" .... YES!
    "stalking his prey across the world" .... YES!
    "with the support of his long-term handler Diana" ... YES!
    "concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy" .... YES!
    "drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money" .... and another: YES!
    "an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels" ... YES YES YES!!!
    "we have removed 47ís magic pockets"... OMFG YES!
    I BOUGHT THIEF TO BE GRATEFUL

not me.. .the thief reviews on youtube seem to be preeettyyyy bad

hoping they take some drastic measures :/

my optimism for the next Hitman is declining :'(

I honestly don't think IO can screw up Hitman 6 if they just stick to what worked in the previous games.

All they need to do is incorporate the awesome mission locales of Hitman 1/2 with the atmosphere of Hitman: Contracts and the soundtrack of Hitman 2 along with the gameplay mechanics of Blood Money and BOOM, you have the best Hitman game anyone could ask for.

How can your optimism decline??!!!

From absolution release date till january14 was pretty sure there will not be another hitman chapter (or at least for another six years)

Now they told us they are developing a new hitman, with sandbox nonlinear level and i m ENTUSIASTIC

i just don't want to be let down like the last time..

im hopeful the next game will be amazing...

but i'm not going to be expecting a great game... theres a lot that needs to be done and im just not sure if it will happen, i hope it does - I guess we will find out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast