Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

Default [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

TOMB RAIDER #1

Superstar writer Gail Simone picks up Lara Croft’s story where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off—in a new ongoing comics series!

Following the game acclaimed for its bold and sophisticated new vision, this series launches Lara Croft on the formative adventures that will change her life forever!

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profil...tomb-raider-1/

(click image to enlarge)

Preview:

TOMB RAIDER #2

Lara Croft and her friends are experiencing horrific visions in the aftermath of their ordeal in the lost kingdom of Yamatai. But those visions herald a darker fate than they could have imagined!

https://digital.darkhorse.com/profil...tomb-raider-2/

(click image to enlarge)

Preview:

TOMB RAIDER #3

Lara Croft is on the hunt for the strange force that is terrorizing the survivors of the Endurance crew! As ancient mythological creatures appear to wreak havoc on Lara, so too do the ghosts of her past!

(click image to enlarge)

Preview:

TOMB RAIDER #4

Gail Simone’s thrilling addition to the Tomb Raider saga kicks into high gear!

Lara Croft is chased through the streets of London as she gets dangerously close to the truth! But it’s not her own safety that concerns her, but that of her friends, the surviving crew of the Endurance!

Preview:

TOMB RAIDER #5

With Sam being targeted by a deadly enemy, it’s a race against time to find out who’s next. Can Lara save her friends and find out the truth of what’s happening around her?

Preview:

TOMB RAIDER #6

Lara’s journey leads her to a place she thought she would never return to—the place of her nightmares—Yamatai! Can Lara survive long enough to find out the truth of the danger that stalks her?

* The official continuation of Lara Croft’s story reaches its first arc conclusion!

Preview:

Tomb Raider Volume 1: Season of the Witch

Source and from Dark Horse

The cover will be the same as Issue 1.

Today Dark Horse Comics announced that the Tomb Raider volume 1: SEASON OF THE WITCH Trade Paperback, that will be out on November 12th, 2014.

The Trade Paperback is written by Gail Simone, Penciled by Nicolás Daniel Selma, Inked by Juan Gedeon, Colored by Michael Atiyeh and the Cover done by Dan Dos Santos.

In the Tomb Raider volume 1 Trade Paperback, Lara and the other survivors of the Endurance are experiencing horrific visions after their ordeal in the lost kingdom of Yamatai. But the visions lead to a darker fate... Can Lara survive the calamities that await her as she struggles to piece this new mystery, and her life, back together?

Collects Tomb Raider #1 to #6.
    Tomb Raider #7

A new story starts here, cowritten by Gail Simone and Rhianna Pratchett!

Lara Croft attempts to honor the past but is dragged into a dangerous new journey. A creepy amusement park and a mysterious woman with a personal connection to the terrifying events of Yamatai Island throw Lara’s world into peril once again!

(click image to enlarge)

Preview:

Tomb Raider #8

Chernobyl beckons Lara and her friends as they attempt to uncover the truth...
    a truth that could cost them their very lives.

As frightening details come to light, they must fight to survive as they're stalked by a killer!

(click image to enlarge)

Preview (thanks to Treeble):

Tomb Raider #9

Chernobyl, a desolate place forgotten by history. Lara and her friends find themselves trapped in this lost city as they try to escape the mysterious killer, Cruz, who was hired by the deadly Trinity organization. Lara must once again fight for her own life, the lives of her friends, and make sure that those who want them dead are laid to rest themselves!

source

(click image to enlarge)

Preview:

Tomb Raider #10

Out November 26th, 2014.

[in coming]

Lara's globetrotting hunt for truth continues!

Preview:

Tomb Raider #11

Out 24 December.

The comic is written by Gail Simone and Rhianna Pratchett, Penciled by Nicolás Daniel Selma, Inked by Juan Gedeon, Colored by Michael Atiyeh and the Cover done by Dan Scott.

In the Tomb Raider #11 comic, Lara's risking her life to reveal a terrifying secret -- however, while she's globetrotting, things aren't right at home.

What price must Lara pay to learn the truth?

source

(click image to enlarge)

Tomb Raider #12

Out January 28th

The comic is written by Gail Simone and Rhianna Pratchett, Penciled by Nicolás Daniel Selma, Inked by Juan Gedeon, Colored by Michael Atiyeh and the Cover done by Brian Horton.

In the Tomb Raider #12 comic, Lara's journey continues she finds herself in a deadly showdown against a sinister killer.

If Lara can't finish what she started she'll lose more than her life, as the final chapter of this pulse-pounding arc comes to a close!

(click image to enlarge)

Tomb Raider Volume 2:Secrets and Lies.

Using the same cover as #10 above, Dark Horse Comics are releasing the second volume Trade Paperback covering issues 7-12 on May 26 2015.

Writers Gail Simone and Rhianna Pratchett continue Lara Croft’s story from where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off in this collection of the 2nd Tomb Raider comic arc, spanning issues #7-#12!

After the return to Yamatai Island, Lara and her friends try to put the horror of what happened there behind them and return to “normal” life. However, when a dearly departed friend pleads for help, Lara goes on a globetrotting adventure fraught with new perils and a horrible truth that must be brought to light at all costs!
    Linky

Tomb Raider #13

From Tomb Raider Comics

The comic is written by Rhianna Pratchett, Penciled by Derlis Santacruz, Inked by Andy Owens, Colored by Michael Atiyeh and the Cover done by Brenoch Adams.

In the Tomb Raider #13 comic, Rhianna Pratchett, writer of the 2013 Tomb Raider video game, begins a new arc! Lara's quiet life working at the British Museum is shattered as she finds herself drawn into a dangerous game with her friend's life at stake--a friend who was thought to be already dead!

Released 25 February 2015

Last edited by Rai; 11-18-2014 at 05:23 PM.

Visions? What they're having nightmares or something?

Anyway, good to see another comic will come out, it probably means the next game can't be too far ahead.

Hmmm. I wonder when the first issue will come out. So, she's still

waaait. So maybe the cover art is part of her visions? Or is she still on Yamatai?

^The first issue is out 26 February. say Dark Horse Comics. I wonder why CD aren't advertising this at all.

I like that the comics are sort of concentrating on Lara and Cos' lives after Yamatai, that the adventure isn't just forgotten like nothing happened. Eventually, the comics will lead into the next. It's good that there's a continuation from one adventure to the next, even if the next actual adventure is not a direct sequel story wise.

I WANT THIS SO MUCH! SCREW THE DEF ED, I WANT PAPER AND PICTURES AND WRITING!!!

*screams*

On a side note, what do you guys mean 'the first issue'? Isn't 'The Beginning' comic, the first issue?

EDIT: Having clicked on link you put above, Rai. I can only express... MORE EXCITEMENT!!!!!! XD

I'm fairly sure The Beginning was a one shot special edition, ie #1 will already pick up where the adventure ended.

TB was 52 pages long, and the entry page on Dark Horse say issue 1 is 32 page long. They could have broken it down and spread across two issues, but then the synopsis for issue 2 would be way off.

Wait - forget all that. It's written right there lol: "Superstar writer Gail Simone picks up Lara Croft’s story where the smash hit Tomb Raider game left off—in a new ongoing comics series!"

Visions? As in hallucinations and stuff? Awesome. Just what wanted from the comic/sequel/later story. *giddy*

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Visions? As in hallucinations and stuff? Awesome.
    Maybe they consumed the mushrooms found in the level just after Roth died.

Talking about The Beginning, does anyone know of anywhere where I could get that in the UK other than ebay? The only other place I've seen is Amazon.com.

I got mine from Amazon.com, Rai.
    It actually wasn't that expensive, delivery was moderately quick and it was wrapped up in a tight blue waterproof sheet to keep it safe.

^I wasn't sure they'd deliver to the UK. I'll have to see when I next get paid. I've pre ordered the Feb issue though.

Yeah, just log into the .com site with your .co.uk account

I'll have to wait until after Xmas to pre-order the new ones

Default Tomb Raider comic #2 preorder?

So.. I found this? It's a link to a site that has the second Tomb Raider comic up for pre order. Hmmmm.......
    http://www.tfaw.com/Comics/Profile/T...er-2___444231/
    Is this real? The synopsis sounds great. <3
    Synopsis: Lara Croft and her friends are experiencing horrific visions in the aftermath of their ordeal in the lost kingdom of Yamatai. But those visions herald a darker fate than they could have imagined!

Please no PTSD...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

PTSD?

That is the site that Dark Horse Comics are using to sell the comics. I went through them to pre order the first comic, so I assume it is the same for the 2nd. That is the same description Dark Horse are using, so I think it is safe to assume that it is correct. . It gives enough to makes us wonder.

BTW, just a heads up, but there is already a discussion going on for the comics: Here

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Please no PTSD...
    The synopsis could be interpreted that way but personally it's giving me some curse vibes...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    PTSD?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posttra...tress_disorder

BTW, just a heads up, but there is already a discussion going on for the comics: Here
    Ta

Will merge the threads later on.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    The synopsis could be interpreted that way but personally it's giving me some curse vibes...
    Curse vibes? As is, the crew is cursed by Himiko and causing hallucinations or something?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Curse vibes? As is, the crew is cursed by Himiko and causing hallucinations or something?
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Since the synopsis says it's Lara AND her friends experiencing the visions and that these visions "herald a darker fate" makes me think it's not just PTSD and the first thing that popped into my head was CURSE!
    signature image

I need to read The Beginning comics fast.

Then start #1 and continue the comic series.

There is already a thread on this in the general section, but still, exciting!

I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens?
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    I'm throwing money at the screen but nothing happens?
    Because you are doing it wrong. You must put your money in the DVD slot,

Yeah, that's what I meant. Since the synopsis says it's Lara AND her friends experiencing the visions and that these visions "herald a darker fate" makes me think it's not just PTSD and the first thing that popped into my head was CURSE!
    Putting it like that, I see how you make that assumption now. That certainly sounds plausible

Ohhh. Thanks. Hmmm, maybe a little, but it mentions visions. Mathias was getting visions/dreams that Himiko sent him (according to him), so I'm thinking it's not necessarily PTSD alone but something more sinister going on.

This is the vibe I was thinking of too. Sounds interesting. Also kinda sorta fits with Reflecting back.

Cool. I hope they are cursed. And Lara has to do some before she dies.

Page 1 of 39 1234567891011 ... LastLast