Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

LORE?????

anyway. dont mind the looks really. but as rai said, it also reminded me of the mother scene from underworld. was more laughing how she jumps off the cliff on to the the wing that surely looked far down that she must have broken some bones.
    and the axe sticking out of his head, alex on fire which reminded to much of the fantastic 4 flameguy (what ever his name was). im surprised he dint say "flame on" after lara attacked them....

well, looks interesting. or could be its a black comedy comic so this will be even more enjoyable.
    signature image

It looks great!

I can't wait for the full thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    The art is quite simple, indeed, but I rather like how "clean" it looks. I'm currently going through the entire Top Cow series and in a number of the issues the art is rather awkward.
    Yeah, the Top Cow run had its ups and downs, but the earlier issues with Andy Park's art were definitely some of the best, artwise and storywise!

As for this new comic, I kinda felt like Rai, like I wanted to laugh! Like I said earlier, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this preview isn't really making me excited about this new comic... Yeah, the art is simple, but I can live with that, I've seen worse, but I'm really not sure about the story...
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    Geil! *_*
    Can't see it :c

EDIT: now i see it... But Wait, what the actual foot?!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Yeah, the Top Cow run had its ups and downs, but the earlier issues with Andy Park's art were definitely some of the best, artwise and storywise!

As for this new comic, I kinda felt like Rai, like I wanted to laugh! Like I said earlier, I don't want to jump to conclusions, but this preview isn't really making me excited about this new comic... Yeah, the art is simple, but I can live with that, I've seen worse, but I'm really not sure about the story...
    yeah, it looks like the story is something simple but well, we can say more about it once its out. who knows, maybe it all ends up or even has a twist.
    signature image

It's hilarious IMO.
    signature image

Hilarious, it is, yes

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Hilarious, it is, yes
    Was it meant to be that way? Hope so...
    signature image

Lol at the way Roth is axed twice in his body and still walking. Feels like Zombie.

And at the 'Esc' logo on Alex's burning body!

Definitely looking forward to it! Yet I must say that I kinda lost lots of excitement for the sequel during the last weeks/months... Definitive Edition... Lara... :/

Although I still prefer the artwork of the early top cow comics, I am curious how this is going to turn out. I love the vision idea, I just wish the artwork was more gritty/darker to reflect that.

Looks great! Not as serious and dark as the game itself but I think it will be fun reading it. And Sam is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Was it meant to be that way? Hope so...
    I think it's meant to be a dream and dreams are weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaScofield View Post
    Definitely looking forward to it! Yet I must say that I kinda lost lots of excitement for the sequel during the last weeks/months... Definitive Edition... Lara... :/
    Is absolutely gorgeous and looks far better than the last-gen version of her. Don't believe me, go have a look at all the screen shots i've shared.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Is absolutely gorgeous and looks far better than the last-gen version of her. Don't believe me, go have a look at all the screen shots i've shared.
    I've already seen lots of screenshots and watched Let's Plays on Youtube and the more I see the more I miss TR9 Lara. But that's a matter of taste. (I'm talking about the design of her face, not about technical enhances.)

I've already seen lots of screenshots and watched Let's Plays on Youtube and the more I see the more I miss TR9 Lara
    Not to go offtopic, but yeah.. sadly this is my situation too. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    The story of the newest issue sounds very soap opera/Drama tv like.
    Lol totally agreed.

I've already seen lots of screenshots and watched Let's Plays on Youtube and the more I see the more I miss TR9 Lara. But that's a matter of taste. (I'm talking about the design of her face, not about technical enhances.)
    Same here

Not long now until the comic is released!

Will CrystalD ever "actually" promote this (something more than just posting a picture on the blog) or is it rather a case of Dark Horse Comics doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by missLWayne1 View Post
    Will CrystalD ever "actually" promote this (something more than just posting a picture on the blog) or is it rather a case of Dark Horse Comics doing that?
    I might be wrong, but I think Dark Horse is left to most of the promotion.

That comic strip preview was hilarious!

*Roth to Lara after she axes him in the head*: "Lara, you're being unreasonable."

Ya think, Roth?
    signature image
    Just call me SeanHoney...

We now have an actual cover instead of the placeholder art. I like that they stacked the logo, wonder if this might somehow reflect on the future games?

Not to hate but I kinda don't see Lara in her. And I don't like how they used that string of the bow just to highlight her boobs. Kinda feels unnecessary...

THEY

*** STACKED

THE LOGO

it's not just the string going between her boobs, it's the belt thingy. And I love her boobs, and everything, it all looks so good.

THEY STACKED
    ]
    THE LOGO

I wonder how many issues are planned between TR9 and TR10?

I like the stacked logo. Very retro

But do not care so much for that tag "SURVIVOR'S GUILT!"

Kinda tacky, IMO. Especially with the exclamation point. Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie92 View Post
    Not to hate but I kinda don't see Lara in her. And I don't like how they used that string of the bow just to highlight her boobs. Kinda feels unnecessary...
    Oh geez, not here, too

Lara has breasts. Get over it already.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast