Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [WARNING! spoilers from page 8 onwards!] Dark Horse Tomb Raider Comics (2014)

Visions of Sam(Himiko) killing her dancing in Lara's head?

I just hope it doesn't carry over into the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    The synopsis could be interpreted that way but personally it's giving me some curse vibes...
    That's the impression I got. There's a lot to speculate off of that Synopsis, very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate1802 View Post
    Because you are doing it wrong. You must put your money in the DVD slot,
    No no no, it's your credit card that goes in the DVD slot, cash goes in the USB ports!

In exceptional cases, floppy disk dives accepts cheques
    Last edited by a big house; 12-18-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Threads merged.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

For those in the UK use http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/ these are very good. I contacted them a month ago saying they haven't had any news in but will set up subs and what not when they know more

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    url]http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/[/url] these are very good
    Bookmarked for future use. thanks
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    For those in the UK use http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/ these are very good. I contacted them a month ago saying they haven't had any news in but will set up subs and what not when they know more
    Thank you for this link. Definitely keep this site in mind for next time

Why are CD not advertising this? or giving any news?

I was wondering this, too. I mean, it is already revealed for a long time but no one talks about it.

Retweeted by Gail Simone.
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBanes View Post
    Ooh I just realized Gail Simmons is a girl!

I suppose Meagan will post on the blog whenever a new issue is released.

I don't remember Eidos promoting the Top Cow TR comics back in those days, so I'm just assuming that's how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I suppose Meagan will post on the blog whenever a new issue is released.

I don't remember Eidos promoting the Top Cow TR comics back in those days, so I'm just assuming that's how it goes.
    Then how do they expect it to do well? With absolutely zero advertising/hype building how do they expect to make profits?

I'm not familiar with the comic book market in the USA but there's absolutely no advertising over here. For example, a couple of years back a local editor translated and published the whole TR "Journeys" series and if I hadn't spotted them on some random person's social network album I'd never known about their existence.

I guess the comic market is somewhat defined not to require full-blown advertising. I mean, we as TR fans know it's coming (back) and those who are interested will definitely go for it; whereas other people who might not be aware but would still give it a shot are already comic book readers who'll spot them on the shelves eventually. I think comic book stores might also get the usual POS swag (flyers, posters and whatnot).

Mind you, I'm not saying a little advertising would go amiss, but yeah. Tbh, when you look at the Dark Horse catalogue they don't seem to have any "big" titles (none which are published here anyway), so I definitely understand your concern.

I'm wondering who will be responsible for the art in this comic. In the last one there were like 4 or 5 different artists and Lara (and everyone else) changed her look with every 10 pages or something like that.
    In the beginning (of The Beginning) she looked great but in the end really really strange...
    What if just the stickers are "made in Germany"?
    Deviantart for some TR Renderings... and LaraxSam.

I hope we will hear some news regarding the comic (and also the sequel) in early 2014 (hopefully Janurary). It's been a long time since we heard something new about TR, except for the Definitive Edition.

Does anyone know how much episodes this comic series will have?

Oh, just noticed the first two comics are on there now! Typical! @Weemanply109 and @Rai, not a problem!

I'm not sure about America, but there are very little adverts for comics in the UK. I only found out about the Top Cow TR ones years after they came out.

Maybe #3 is on the works too.

Them having visions sounds a little tacky...

It depends on how the subject is handled .

I am happy that they are keeping the dark/sinister theme and expanding on the supernatural stuff

Wait... new TR comic? Written by Gail Simone?

Great news! (I actually heard of a new comic before but totally forgot about it, so it's news for me... )

im wondering where this will lead. what kind of visions would they have? i can imagine that sam will have them since she got almost her life sucked out by the queen but the rest.... we will see.
    still have to read the first comic.
    signature image

So I finally got me a copy of The Beginning. I was never a comic reader as a child, and I've never been tempted by the original TR comics, but I just felt I wanted this one. Maybe I'm going through a second childhood phase or something...really early. I like it. It gives some insight into the Endurance crew members. I was slightly puzzled by one thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    So I finally got me a copy of The Beginning. I was never a comic reader as a child, and I've never been tempted by the original TR comics, but I just felt I wanted this one. Maybe I'm going through a second childhood phase or something...really early. I like it. It gives some insight into the Endurance crew members. I was slightly puzzled by one thing though.
    The Beginning comic was really nice, but I do wish whoever wrote it would've done some research of the characters backstories in the game. There are a few details that are inconsistent to what is told within the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    The Beginning comic was really nice, but I do wish whoever wrote it would've done some research of the characters backstories in the game. There are a few details that are inconsistent to what is told within the game.
    Well, Rhianna wrote the comic. If there are inconsistencies, it may be because someone else wrote for the other characters in the game (besides Lara and Dr.Whitman). The only inconsistency I spotted was where Reyes says she met Roth in a bar and he then went on to offer her *this* job. I assume she meant the job she was working on on the Endurance in the present. Which doesn't tie with the storyline of Conrad being Alisha's father. Unless *this* job is one she's had for over 14 years. But yeah, a little background research wouldn't have hurt.

I'll be going to the Denver Comic-Con this year so I'll pick up a copy then.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast