Eidos Forums
Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider (2013) General Discussion

Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM

Is the game 60 fps???
Old 12-17-2013, 11:35 AM
aka DreAnthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
If you guys are interested in exploring this more, I can try to get Brian in on a podcast in the new year to talk about next-gen Lara's look a bit more!
Yes please! I find it interesting that Brian was involved in developing Lara's new look, considering Last-gen & 'Next-gen' models are so different!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:36 AM
New Player

Avoiding the question on framerate means it's 30fps guys. Not really a big deal, that's perfectly fine really.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
New Player

Do you think it's justified (including the full price) to release a face-lifted version of the same game so soon after the release of the original.

The lack of extra content (especially for the SP player) makes it hardly worth it.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
Old 12-17-2013, 11:39 AM
CrystalD Executive Producer
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
1) How are physics exactly upgraded in the game? And the hubs? Are they a little modified?
2) Are the Multiplayer's characters updated to Next Gen graphics too?

Congratulations!
I know for sure people will enjoy this DE
A few of our engineers were dedicated to improving physics both on Lara and in the world. A few quick examples - Lara has equipment on her that she acquires as she goes through her adventure. The climbing axe, her radio, her bow and a quiver of arrows, etc. All of these now have subtle but simulated physics on them so as she runs, jumps, falls, stumbles, they react accordingly giving her more grounding the world. Then the world itself... we added so many objects, plants, trees, and then wind and weather effects that also have physics simulation built into them to react with each other. Wind will make trees and leaves sway or flutter; cloth flaps against light or heavy winds accordingly; particles and Lara's TressFX hair will drift according to the directional wind impact. All-in-all it adds a great additional depth and realism to the world.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
New Player

other characters will also receive treatment TressFX or only to Lara??
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
CrystalD Community Manager
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3und3rt4k3r View Post
Maybe it's not your place to answer this, but there it goes:

- Is there any chance of, who bought the last gen version of Tomb Raider, can have a discount in there new gen version?

- And will the game be full price?

Congrats in the success of the game!
Hey there! This is the most current info I have. I'll be sure to update our FAQ if anything changes!

What’s the price point?

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will retail for $59.99 in North America. Check with your local retailer for price points across Europe!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Gamer

Could you tell us something new ?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi602 View Post
Avoiding the question on framerate means it's 30fps guys. Not really a big deal, that's perfectly fine really.
I appreciate that, but to be sure, I'm not quoting a framerate as we're still optimizing the game - even today, even this close to final, we still have teams actively squeezing out everything we can to generate the best experience possible! We will happily talk more about our final end results in January once we're totally done.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu.Alves View Post
other characters will also receive treatment TressFX or only to Lara??
For Definitive Edition, only our star Lara received the full TressFX treatment.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
Could you tell us something new ?
Actually, the fact that we rewrote the multiplayer back-end is something new! I know I hadn't said anything about that publicly yet - so you are all the first ones to hear we'd put in that extra work for next-gen!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
Hey there! This is the most current info I have. I'll be sure to update our FAQ if anything changes!

What’s the price point?

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition will retail for $59.99 in North America. Check with your local retailer for price points across Europe!
As regards Italy, the price is about €60
Old 12-17-2013, 11:48 AM
New Player

Several of the DLCs are actually just straight up buying upgrades like the silencer for the pistol, or getting the Animal Instinct skill by buying it as DLC.

The definitive edition includes all DLC as you've said, but will we be able to "turn off" the DLCs that are simply free skills? Are these even in the definitive edition actually?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fission View Post
Do you think it's justified (including the full price) to release a face-lifted version of the same game so soon after the release of the original.

The lack of extra content (especially for the SP player) makes it hardly worth it.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks
It's a great question and while I don't control sales or prices, what I do know is that Tomb Raider is an awesome game. It has received many nominations and has an amazing fan base that keeps us striving to always deliver the best and always pushing ourselves to even do better. If it was "only a facelift" AND we were only reselling it on the same platforms we'd already shipped it on, I would see your point. But as we're selling it on a new platform, with a lot of development work put in to custom craft it for the new platforms; with the new additions for the aesthetic, the physics, the particles, the lighting - taking advantage of next-gen features - so I absolutely stand by our decision to offer up Definitive Edition the way we are. We'd love for every Tomb Raider fan to get to experience it on next-gen. We are definitely looking to draw in those folks who may not have experience it yet on the last generation so they can experience this version on next-generation. But even for existing hardcore fans, we are confident in the offering we have as an excellent enhanced experience above and beyond what we'd previously provided. We wouldn't bring it to you all if we felt otherwise. You are the reasons we do what we do.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmitnick View Post
Several of the DLCs are actually just straight up buying upgrades like the silencer for the pistol, or getting the Animal Instinct skill by buying it as DLC.

The definitive edition includes all DLC as you've said, but will we be able to "turn off" the DLCs that are simply free skills? Are these even in the definitive edition actually?
The DLC we include on Definitive Edition is all post-launch purchasable content. As such, the full list aren't the skill changes but the actual "stuff". It includes The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, all 8 DLC multiplayer maps, 6 multiplayer weapons, 4 multiplayer characters, 6 alternate outfits for Lara... and for Definitive Edition we've added the Dark Horse digital comic book "Tomb Raider; The Beginning", the Brady Games digital art book "Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival", and all 6 of "The Final Hours of Tomb Raider" documentary video series. (whew - I hope I remembered it all!!)
Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 AM

Will Tomb Raider DE run at 1080p/60FPS on Xbox One & PS4

2. Will The PC get a Better Version of the DE version & Also Storyline DLC?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
New Player

Hi everyone ! =)

Sorry if my questions are already posted ! It's all about the multiplayer !

Did you update the graphics in the multiplayer ? because it's a very important part of the game ! I really like the multiplayer, and when I said the "Graphics" it's not just about the environnement but the characters too.

And did you fix all the bugs in the multiplayer too ? because some of bugs are really problematic ! I hope the option "enable/desable" the dlc is removed because now nobody play in the DLC, we all play in the basics maps But the DLC are so cooool (and it's including in this version so ^^)

Thank you so much.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Will the trailer for the next game in the series be like the Turning Point trailer? I thought the last trailer was unbelievable!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
New Player

Hello Scot
Thank you again for your answer and I get it, the game will not run at 60fps for you would be confirming that all over the place (just like Forza does onXbox one). So is it at least 30fps locked no matter what the action is or floating between 20 to 40fps like Killzone?
Thank you
Milan
Old 12-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAlucard View Post

From previous answers from Scot, it will be running at 1080 for next gen consoles, and the fps are still up in the air.

Scot:
1. How do you gauge if you guys will end up giving us a PC version of Tomb Raider DE? Like what kind of numbers are you looking at, and from what sources for you guys to make the decision to get it on PC? Since the next gen consoles are basically based on the PC architecture, I imagine that it wouldn't be as difficult to port it on the PC as opposed to last gen.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuyiCroft View Post
Hi everyone ! =)

Did you update the graphics in the multiplayer ? because it's a very important part of the game ! I really like the multiplayer, and when I said the "Graphics" it's not just about the environnement but the characters too.

And did you fix all the bugs in the multiplayer too ? because some of bugs are really problematic ! I hope the option "enable/desable" the dlc is removed because now nobody play in the DLC, we all play in the basics maps But the DLC are so cooool (and it's including in this version so ^^)

Thank you so much.
Thank YOU so much for asking! Certainly we've found and fixed many of the multiplayer issues we knew about ... but there are always more lurking in there, I'm sure! We've tracked over 19 million multiplayer matches to date on the x360/ps3 versions of Tomb Raider so we definitely worked to bring whatever we could to it for this new generation. That said - to be sure, we did not want to detract from the core experience - so, for example, adding lots of moving trees and particles in multiplayer we felt would distract from focusing on running and gunning ... but we did uprez everywhere else we could.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:03 PM
iMod™
Eidos Administrator

Question for Scot - It was stated that UFG and Nixxes worked on TRDE alongside CD. Did these outside studios work exclusively on a specific platform version (XB1/PS4) only, or was work more intertwined?
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuyiCroft View Post
Hi everyone ! =)

Thank you so much.
And to be explicit - all players on PS4 and Xbox One will have all multiplayer maps enabled all the time (no disabling/enabling required).
CrystalD Community Manager
Eidos Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAlucard View Post

Hey there! Scot already tackled these questions.

Here's his FPS answer: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...9&postcount=59

And PC response: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...6&postcount=28
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot_Amos View Post
And to be explicit - all players on PS4 and Xbox One will have all multiplayer maps enabled all the time (no disabling/enabling required).
OMG ! THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU MADE MY DAY I'M SO HAPPY !
Can't wait to play again !!!! Good work !