Thread: Stuttering in Director's Cut

Default Stuttering in Director's Cut

The Director's Cut suffers greatly from stuttering. Even after the numerous patches, it still persists.

Apparently, many of the Director's Cut's issues were present in the original. It begs the question of, "What happened when this game was made?" Made the same mistakes twice.

It's been quite some time. I'm curious as to when the next patch is coming - or if one even is.

My system:
    i5 3570k
    GTX 770 (two-gig version)
    8 gigs of RAM
    Windows 8.1

My understanding is that while the original version had the same stuttering & hitching issues, they were resolved by patches to the game at some point; the Director's Cut is based upon an earlier build, before those patches, and therefore reintroduces them to the franchise.

I regret the money, time and bandwidth wasted on the Director's Cut. It is completely unplayable. I gave up on the game after the first mission and went back to playing the original version.

Quote Originally Posted by teh roxxors View Post
    I regret the money, time and bandwidth wasted on the Director's Cut. It is completely unplayable. I gave up on the game after the first mission and went back to playing the original version.
    How did you managed to downgrade your game back to the original version?

Quote Originally Posted by teh roxxors View Post
    My understanding is that while the original version had the same stuttering & hitching issues, they were resolved by patches to the game at some point; the Director's Cut is based upon an earlier build, before those patches, and therefore reintroduces them to the franchise.

That's also my understanding. Still, they should have been able to patch it with ease. Clearly, that is not the case.

As do I. I'm also playing the original. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the DLC for the original. And Eidos, in their infinite wisdom, had the original (and all of its DLC) pulled from STEAM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdmillhouse View Post
    How did you managed to downgrade your game back to the original version?
    I assume that he had the original to begin with. Like me, he is simply playing the original from Steam (I think).

They fixed the stutter issues with a patch in the original version, but it took them about 9 months to release it.

If you bought the original DX:HR on steam, you can play the old version and new version, but you have to install them separately.

Seems you can't buy the original version anymore.

And also I tried it myself, the original one doesn't stutter.

Here is a screenshot comparison between DE:HR v1.4.651.0, which runs perfectly, and DE:HR-DC v2.0.0.0, which is a laggy mess. Note: Both games have the same video configuration.

http://i.imgur.com/xgsSiiH.jpg

Please comment regarding the deployment window for the next patch. Thank you.

Bump

I am also suffering this issue. It is frustrating that I re bought this game(even though I got a discount for owning the game and DLC) and wanting to replay it and cannot. System is i5 4670k and a 780. I have tried every one of the so called tweaks in every combo imaginable. Please patch this game for Nvidia users. I am sure not buying Thief until I see a patch for this....been burnt too much in the past years.

Same here the Original and DLC work fine but the Directors Cut is a stuttering mess.

I had the stuttering issue when it first came out , put it down in hopes for a patch and fired it up again a few days ago. Was there a patch released because the stuttering is now gone. I run an AMD card a recently updated my drivers too.

Seems to be a problem only affecting Nvidia GPU users still bud. Glad to hear you got your copy working ok though.

Update:

Latest WHQL Nvidia driver has notes stating the issues is resolved
    I will edit this post once I can confirm that.

Cheers

Edit: Confirmed fixed at least on my configuration
    Last edited by Thoth420; 02-19-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Actually it isn't fully fixed. Still a bit of stutter when loading into new areas. A patch would be great as it seems Nvidia has done all they could on the driver side. Hard stutters are gone but performance still seems pretty terrible in contrast to the original version. I could make some comparison videos if necessary.