Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What vehicles do we want to see?

MOTORBIKE

Seeing how the developers stated on multible occasions that they loved to read fans input (I guess they meant the ones that aren't related to the Xbone exclusivity debacle, but anyway...) here's another one of my brilliant ideas that are loved and admired the world over

What about Lara having an airship as a mobile command centre?

You know: like a big zeppelin with a large gondola in which there is a room were you can do everything like upgrading stuff and select weapons and all that and were all the loot she drags out of the tombs is stored. And in the cockpit there is the pilot who would be kinda like this game's Joker (from Mass Effect, not Batman, big difference).
    He would fly the airship to wherever Lara has to go and while she's on the ground Tomb Raiding and all that the airship can be seen circling around when you look up. Adventuring in Teddy Ruxpin style "Come dream with me toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...."

And perhaps the the name of the airship would be the Conrad Roth.

Wouldn't you know? Somebody has already made fanart of that

(click image to enlarge)

Horse - riding!!
    "Death by irony is always painful...amateurs" ~ Lara Croft 2006

The return of the snowmobile. I loved driving that and the big tune it played when you got it.

I don't like using vehicles that much in the TR games. I prefer going on foot, because you can explore more. If there was a vehicle level I'd like her to use a motorcycle.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by yamatai_veteran View Post
    The return of the snowmobile. I loved driving that and the big tune it played when you got it.
    I am saying that too. I loved the Snowmobile with it's classic rock soundtrack and poor stability.

I loved the Ducati. Wouldn't mind having it in future games. But I do prefer to play on foot. So maybe a vehicle to just get from point A to point B with no pick ups or exploration needed. Kind of like the part in TR9 when Lara glided to the forest.
    signature image

I dont really want to see any vehicles in TR10, I would rather they focus on improving or adding other gameplay elements. From what knowledge I have of the game industry, making a vehicles be able to navigate a part of a level is a whole separate chunk of work. I really liked the QTEs of TR9 where she would glide with a parachute. I would rather have this kind of game element with a vehicle (which is just as fun I think, and less work for the developpers)

I agree. I don't think that vehicles are a necessities whatsoever for ROtTR.
    signature image

I'll cast a vote for the snowmobile. It was clunky as Hellheim, hard to handle sometimes, but loads of fun. Especially when enemies happened to be standing in the path...
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123