Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Times (TR news and updates)

Default new blogpost from officialtombraiderblog

saturnsdaughter:

Jean Rousseau (1606-84), Skull watch, Silver and brass, Paris, Louvre Museum

anneliesedraws:

felt like doing something a bit more than a sketch - might tweak this a little later but again.. homework calls

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris

ancientart:

"Heaven shouts, earth trembles

In dread of you, Osiris, at your coming!

-Section from the Teti pyramid texts, Utterance 337, translation: Lichtheim.

Depictions of Osiris throughout Egyptian art.

Osiris is usually identified as the god of the dead, underworld, and afterlife. As shown by the examples of his depictions, he is classically presented with green-skin, a beard*fastened by a chin-strap, crowned, holding a crook and flail, and with partially mummified legs.

Hunefer’s Judgement in the presence of Osiris, Book of the Dead, c. 1275 BC.*Courtesy of & currently located at The British Museum, London. Photo taken by*Steven Zucker.

Head of the God Osiris,*ca. 595-525 BC.*Courtesy of & currently located at Brooklyn Museum, via their online collections:*48.163.

Osiris, Lord of the Dead,*600 and 550 BC.*Courtesy*of the Walters Art Museum, USA. Via the Wiki Commons.

Irethorru, keeper of the temple of Amon, giving presents to Osiris, Isis and the four sons of Horus. Courtesy of & currently located at the*Louvre, France. Photo taken by*Rama.

Standing Mummiform Figure of Osiris,*664-332 BC.*Courtesy of & currently located at Brooklyn Museum, via their online collections:*11.664.

Head of the God Osiris,*305-30 BC.*Courtesy of & currently located at Brooklyn Museum, via their online collections:*58.94.

Osiris in the*The Tomb of Horemheb, Valley of the Kings. Photo taken by*Jean-Pierre Dalbéra.

no-puppy-eyes:

Women in video games appreciation post (????)

“What was the process of deciding which qualities of the classic Lara Croft to mix with the qualities of the reboot Lara Croft like?

Scot Amos, Executive Producer: This is classic arcade Croft. This is us saying, what is the core of Lara Croft and what was fun in the predecessor Guardian game? What is the gloves-off, no excuse, do what the fans want version of her adventures? Sure, there is mysticism in all versions of Tomb Raider, but for us, in Guardian and Temple, these are the playgrounds where we let Lara go a little bit further. We get to go a bit over-the-top with high-powered elemental chain guns and renewable explosive mines as well as building sized godlike enemies. It’s taking fans’ asks, modern expectations of the franchises, and balancing that to a fun, single and co-op player, classic Egyptian setting, adventure.

Robert Siwiak, Producer: This is the classic Croft that challenges gods on her weekends.

- Developer Q&A #19 - Read more on our official forums!*

Me: *playing Tomb Raider*
    Grandmother who is visiting for the weekend: Mind if I sit with you?
    Me: *squirming slightly because there is gore and swearing in this game and my grandmother is a sweet old lady: Um, if you want to.
    Grandmother: *sits* Thank you, dear.
    Me: *continuing to play for about five minutes*
    Grandmother:
    Grandmother:
    Grandmother: LOOK OUT THERE ARE THREE COMING DOWN THE HILL
    Grandmother: THAT WAS POINT BLANK HOW ARE THEY ALIVE
    Grandmother: OOOHH YOU MADE THAT EXPLODE
    Grandmother: STOP KILLING MY GRANDDAUGHTER
    Grandmother: KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL
    Grandmother: OHHHHH YOU SHOT HIM IN THE HEAD OHHHHHHHHH
    Grandmother: RUN RUN RUN YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE RUN
    Grandmother: OKAY NOW KILL THEM ALL
    Me: *slowly turns to look at her* Grandma
    Grandmother: *sweet smile* Hmm?
    Me: Grandma oh my god
    Grandmother: *more smiling* Well, hurry up and kill everyone else, I want to see you save this Sam person.
    Me:
    Me:
    Grandmother: Kill them.

Turn back time and revisit TombRaider.com: tomb-of-ash:

Thanks to the Internet Wayback Machine we have a great opportunity to revisit tombraider.com all the way back to 1996. Unfortunately it doesn’t keep all the pages from the website nor all backups are working.

Tomb Raider

Tomb Raider II

Tomb Raider III

Also check this…
    Whoa! What a fun way to revisit the past! Great work Ash!

Brilliant.

It'll be interesting to see where this post ends up though...news?

Largest Collection of Tomb Raider Memorabilia - Guinness World Records 2015

Want a closer look at Rodrigo Martin Santos’ award-winning Lara Croft collection? Guinness World Records visited his humble abode in the video above!

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition makes Time’s “Best-Looking Video Games of 2014" list. Congrats team!*

Official LCTOO FAQ - Eidos Forums:
    Official LCTOO FAQ Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
    Have a question about Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris? Check out our FAQ on the official forums! Less than a month until launch!

mini-girlz:

The Goddess Isis lamenting the death of her husband Osiris.

She carries her iconographic hieroglyph on her head. Painted wood

via > lessingimages.com

Throwback Thursday

Young Lara and mother in Tomb Raider: Legend

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris: Puzzles 101

Lara Croft returns in Temple of Osiris, ready to use her brains and brawn to best a gauntlet of new puzzles. In our second Developer Diary, Executive Producer Scot Amos is joined by Lead Level Designer Jeff Wajcs to discuss the difficult task of perfectly challenging a player. Take a peek at the mirrors, time bombs, twisting gears, and falling platforms you’ll need to manipulate to solve your way out of trouble, alone or with friends.

If you missed our first developer diary detailing four-player co-op, check it out here.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris launches on December 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

From National Geographic Photo Of The Day; December 4, 2012:

Great Sphinx, Egypt Donald McLeish, Vintage National Geographic Photographs

In 1928*National Geographic*Editor Gilbert H. Grosvenor wanted “outdated” photographs of the Great Sphinx of Giza—images made prior to excavation—removed from the archive. This 1921 photo by Donald McLeish survived and has been in the image collection for over 90 years.

Default new pic from official TR InstaGram

#LaraCroft and the Temple of Osiris has gone gold! Visit our blog for a message from Darrell Gallagher. #LCTOO #TombRaider tombraider.tumblr.com

(click image to enlarge)

#LaraCroft returns in Temple of Osiris, ready to use her brains and brawn to beat a gauntlet of new puzzles. Check out our second developer diary at YouTube.com/tombraider! #TombRaider #LCTOO

(click image to enlarge)

"Stick'em with the pointy end!" Check out #LaraCroft and the Temple of Osiris' Trophies and Achievements on the blog: tombraider.tumblr.com #TombRaider

(click image to enlarge)

Great news! #DarkHorseComics' #TombRaider Volume 1: Season of the Witch TPB is available now! It will also be licensed through Dark Dragon Books in the Netherlands, NewPop in Brazil, and Aleta in Spain.

(click image to enlarge)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456