Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

Quote Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
    So you guys have to do for free what Adam and Kyle were getting paid for?
    No (I certainly don't anyway). I know a little bit about Adam's job, and it was intense. He needed to be in the office for it.
    signature image
    Something something, death and taxes. Confucius.

I can confirm that Jerion did get his information straight from the producer of the Director's Cut. We are indeed waiting for Intel to release the second screen functionality, and another patch is in the works.

In the temporary absence of a dedicated Community Manager, I for one greatly appreciate the initiative shown by Jerion and the other mods to fill in the gaps in the flow of communication. Like you rightly point out, Shralla, the mods are not paid for their hard work, so they could just as well leave your questions unanswered. It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
    I can confirm that Jerion did get his information straight from the producer of the Director's Cut. We are indeed waiting for Intel to release the second screen functionality, and another patch is in the works.
    Here is where I have a problem. You guys are waiting for Intel to do what they need to do but what if it takes 3 more months? Six months? One year? You guys are just going to sit on the patch and not fix other problems because Intel is moving at their own pace?

I have a sealed DC but I have NO PROBLEM buying the PSN version if I know the issues are going to be resolved in a timely fashion.

So Eidos, are you or are you not going to patch in installation for the Xbox 360 version ? This is such a standard feature, i really do not understand how you could possibly forget to include it, even more so since the original version does have this yet this 'ultimate' version does not, wich you never bothered to mention in your advertising.Most people specifically bought HDD console versions because of this so obviously installation is a big deal for most of us, i really cannot play your game while my console is running full throttle.Frankiesatt is absolutely right, i will be returning my copy and never ever buy any of your products again, if you do not even care to listen to your customers and patch it in.You told us to give you feedback for any technical isseus we are experiencing, we provided you this a dozen of times by now, and you simply wipe if off the table by telling us that it is not supported.Than what is the point in giving you our feedback in the first place ? We know it is not supported, and we want you to do something about this !

How about the technical isseu that they forgot to include the option to install the game to your HDD ? Wich is why the game is stuttering, the console has to do with the dvd drive wich we all know sucks and makes the noise of a rocket launch, that is why smart developers give theyre customers the option to install the game, but not Eidos with theyre 'ultimate' version.

In the temporary absence of a dedicated Community Manager, I for one greatly appreciate the initiative shown by Jerion and the other mods to fill in the gaps in the flow of communication. Like you rightly point out, Shralla, the mods are not paid for their hard work, so they could just as well leave your questions unanswered. It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.
    Will patch Nr.2 fix the missing post-processing effects? Those haven't even been acknowledged yet.

I'd like to +1 this. Having worked in a relationship management role in a leading blue-chip company I can attest that it's very tough indeed when you have a horde of stakeholders/customers all clamouring for information, you're trying to keep everyone happy and get that info for them, but it's not forthcoming either because those in the know are keeping stumm or because of general upheaval in the business. That was my job for two years, and I was dealing with 250 brokers in the City of London.

The fact that Jerion and Spyhopping have voluntarily stepped into doing a bit of that role, for nothing, for us, says a lot about those guys. They're going above and beyond the call of duty as mods on a forum.

As such I'd respectfully suggest that we refrain from shooting the messengers if no news if forthcoming.

As for Eidos/Square Enix, well... After I finished working with the brokers I did a stint in Marketing. This kind of 'no news' can be potentially brand damaging, especially when there are disgruntled customers that have paid for a product that is arguably substandard or bugridden. It can negatively affect future profits as those that have been 'bitten' will be less likely to want to purchase further goods or services.

For example, how many people here that feel short changed by the Director's Cut (e.g. because of worse graphics, glitches etc.) would be inclined to buy a sequel at full price on launch date?

Jerion's confirmed from his source that more patches and fixes are on the way, pending Intel's software release. We don't know the full extent of what's in it, whether it will address the shader issues, installation on Xbox or whatever, but I am left stroking my beard and going 'hmmm...' about all this.

After spending numerous hours in the base game and Missing Link I decided to grab the Director's Cut upgrade. Although I haven't experienced major bugs while playing, still found a few annoying ones:
    - Non-lethal weapons (tranq. rifle) being lethal.
    - Ragdoll problems: like dragging an unconcious guy to the other room results the guy becoming dead, OR in an other case the body being stuck in the floor.
    - Items on the floor may get under it, which makes it hard to pick up looking for the "sweet spot" (if there is any) of the "invisible" item. For example in Missing Link the pocket secretary "H-02 D-02 NEW LASER GRID CODE" disappeared which made me look for the code on the Internet cause I'm going for the Factory Zero achievement ATM.
    - Leaving/entering cover restarts the weapon reloading process (I remember this was also present in the base game too).
    - In Missing Link the conversation with "bratán" is played twice: when picking up the gear and then again when picking up the weapons.
    - There was one time when an enemy was floating in the air near the catwalk in Alice Garden. When he spotted me he was teleported to the right place.
    - DRB spawning right behind me in Derelict Row.
    - The monitor has no screen when Jensen is talking to "bratán" at the CIC.
    - At conversations the screen suddenly changes zoom, or the camera is placed badly so both people are off screen.
    - Jensen's face gets weird textures when talking to the hacker in Alice Garden.
    - Projectiles hitting the cover although the sight is clearly on target.
    - Some NPC's voice (actor) changes.
    - Tong Jr.'s poop is glowing in the toilet in his cell.
    Last edited by evodoc; 01-18-2014 at 06:13 PM.

It would be nice if they didn't get bad vibes and attitude as their only reward.
    Going to see you guys and spying the new products in the works was their reward. We can lay into them without feeling any guilt, especially since they know info about DX4 we do not

Quote Originally Posted by CyberP View Post
    Going to see you guys and spying the new products in the works was their reward.
    This. The idea that that is somehow not a reward is ridiculous. I don't care how neutral you think you are, being given opportunities like that skews your perspective.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

damn jerion the oppressor and spyhopping the opportunist yet again infiltrate the ranks of eidos montreal in return for spreading propaganda on the internet

i have plan guys

let's pay off one of them to double cross eidos montreal and feed us intel on their operations

better yet we can blackmail them or threaten to post negative comments about them on the internet for 48 hours until they give into the pressure

it is sure to succeed
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dogsolitude_uk View Post
    ... As for Eidos/Square Enix, well... After I finished working with the brokers I did a stint in Marketing. This kind of 'no news' can be potentially brand damaging, especially when there are disgruntled customers that have paid for a product that is arguably substandard or bugridden. It can negatively affect future profits as those that have been 'bitten' will be less likely to want to purchase further goods or services.

For example, how many people here that feel short changed by the Director's Cut (e.g. because of worse graphics, glitches etc.) would be inclined to buy a sequel at full price on launch date?

Jerion's confirmed from his source that more patches and fixes are on the way, pending Intel's software release. We don't know the full extent of what's in it, whether it will address the shader issues, installation on Xbox or whatever, but I am left stroking my beard and going 'hmmm...' about all this.
    ... aaand i will +1 this. This is my first purchase from EM, i think. The fact that this is the "Director's Cut" marketed to me that it was the ultimate and most updated version, NOT that it was a bug-ridden first edition with some DLC stuck back in and some boss adjustments. The fact that this is a different code base should NOT be a concern to end users, and that makes it NOT an excuse. These fixes were made in the previous edition, as i am learning here, but i paid for an edition that leaves out the fixes that were done the first time around. It's like buying software marketed as Service Release 3 and finding you got the Beta instead.

How do i feel about buying games from this publisher/developer in the future? Not good. i'm still playing the game, and i am still enjoying the fact that it is a good game, creatively, but i am very frustrated by the technical failures, like the framerate, non-lethal/lethal bugs, weird lighting issues on faces (the insides of people's mouths should be in shadow, yet they kind of shine brighter than their facial features, and the Alice Gardens issue mentioned above was really horrible to look at), plus i get the impression that the AI and cover features are rather broken, since a stun gun dart wont make it through an opening in cover that is pretty obviously not obstructing the gun, yet the same exposure leads to me being seen by someone who's body is positioned in such a way that their eyes could not possibly have a line of sight that the game acts like they have (as well as cover failures that work in my favor and seem ridiculous, like pushing a crate down a hallway right up to two guards talking and they don't notice it until one of the dude's eyes are visible to me)... etc.

The computer industry is quite offensive, actually, to consumers. i'm a long time participant in this industry and actually exited it because of hating consumer abuse... but i can't exit from the consumer world. i'd have to throw away my computer(s) and swear off all technology. That's not a solution. Developers shouldn't be excusing anything with tech jargon and developer problems, nor excuses of third parties being the hold up when the fixes users deserve have nothing to do with that feature that is being waited on. That's not on us, that's on them. Release a fix when the code is fixed, not when some third party gets around to making their extraneous feature available on the platform.

As for the messenger getting shot... i didn't see it that way, and i have been on many forums where the official line is "the moderators do not have special access to info/developers, so do not treat them as if they do". What i saw was a response that assumed that position, not a "shoot the messenger" retaliation. Consider the context. These are customers who have not received the product they were sold. Fair to be angry. Games should be fun, not a bunch of wading through online forums and discovery of how you were bait & switched after spending your rare money.

Lots of reasonable discussion going on above. I like to keep it simple: I was a regular member here for years, and I still expect the same level of respect from the community as I received back then.

Quote Originally Posted by JCpie View Post
    damn jerion the oppressor and spyhopping the opportunist yet again infiltrate the ranks of eidos montreal in return for spreading propaganda on the internet
    Damn it pie. You've blown our cover for the last time!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by spyhopping View Post
    Damn it pie. You've blown our cover for the last time!
    So, you're bound by an NDA. What does this cover? I want to ask questions regarding DX4. Is that totally off the cards, even simple questions such as "does it look promising, in your opinion?".

I admired how simple they had kept the NDA. I've seen a few NDAs used by companies in the UK which were very complicated, and as result difficult to follow and interpret.

Anyway, we basically don't talk about anything that we haven't seen in the public domain yet, unless we get the thumbs up from the studio. We've just put our write up for our jaunt on Thief over on the Thief boards, and we'll try to submit a little something for over here soon. I don't think we are going to be able to say much though, so don't get too excited. :P

Naturally, I'll try to address the sort of question that you pose if I can.
    signature image

Really, all I want from the DC is a finished product on the pc that is on balance better than the vanilla (that I also purchased).

This means fixing up the graphics properly, fixing bugs and delivering on the featureset advertised.

I think it is entirely reasonable to expect this.

I don't even want to know anything about DX4 until it's out. I'm sick of the hype/anti-hype, especially surrounding Eidos Montreal games.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

EM, you dropped the ball on this BIG TIME. If there is a next time, DON'T listen to the people on forums (especially this one) telling you to make a port or a patch (and I'm not talking about a patch to fix the problems you've created), blah blah blah. You will do more harm to your product and bottom line if you do.

As of now I don't think I will purchase the DC on PSN and will make an ad on craigslist after I finish this classic post.

Quote Originally Posted by spyhopping View Post
    I admired how simple they had kept the NDA. I've seen a few NDAs used by companies in the UK which were very complicated, and as result difficult to follow and interpret.

Anyway, we basically don't talk about anything that we haven't seen in the public domain yet, unless we get the thumbs up from the studio. We've just put our write up for our jaunt on Thief over on the Thief boards, and we'll try to submit a little something for over here soon. I don't think we are going to be able to say much though, so don't get too excited. :P
    I have every intention of invading your fortress of residence and drink all of your tea. One cup every twenty minutes, until our demands are met!
    The old world is dying away, the new world struggles to come forth: Now is the time of monsters
    signature image

Sold my DC to a guy on craigslist. I missed TML sale and will pass up the PSN sale as the patch is PC only.

Time to snag some other games!

ETA: What the happened to the weapon sound fx in the DC? It sounda like 8bit audio at 22k. Seriously EM you DROPPED THE BALL. How could you mess the audio up like this? SMH.
    Last edited by HERESY; 01-21-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Is it known if this next patch going to come out on PS3 and 360 at all, given that the last one was PC only?

I'm going to record the gun sound fx so you guys can hear for yourself. I know the main rifle and the handgun sound horrible so I'll play a bit more to get more weapons and then find out. I'm playing on a PS3 and bouncing back from my hard vanilla to a buds digital version.

ETA: Revolver, sawed off, handgun, frag grenade, assault rifle and remote detonating device checked so far. All of inferior quality. The sound is so bad it made me stop playing. You guys need to hear the difference in sound as things sound that bad. Not too mention the directors commentary notification pops up even though it is turned off.
    Last edited by HERESY; 01-22-2014 at 07:27 PM.

What a shame.
    signature image

Hi, any news on a patch for the graphics/shaders issues in the PC Directors Cut?

Or has it just been aborted, leaving us with poorly shaded characters and no post-processing?

Another patch!!!
    what exciting news!

Im hoping the game is fixed to return the yellow filter, that really defined Deus Ex for me as a real gamer.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast