Eidos Forums  

Go Back   Eidos Forums > Current Games > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > DX:HR General Discussion

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Game of Cones

Exclamation Human Revolution Director's Cut: Answers from the team (update: first patch details)

We've got some answers from the team surrounding launch issues with the Director's Cut. More will be incoming, but for now...

Questions and Answers:
  • Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?
    Quote:
    It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.
  • Will PC support for second-screen functionality be coming with a future patch?
    Quote:
    While we’ve been very excited to promote and share the second screen enhancements to the Deus Ex community with the Director’s Cut, unfortunately this feature was not yet ready for PC users. Intel has been working very hard to bring this technology to PC gamers and we’ve been working closely with them to ensure that once this technology is available, that it is compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut. We hope to have an update for our Deus Ex players about the second screen experience on PC in the very near future.

More information on the Intel Screen Control feature can be found on the Intel website:
    http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/...n-control.html
  • No official strategy guide?
    Quote:
    The official strategy guide is for the Wii U version only.
  • Polish and Russian languages are missing?
    Quote:
    These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut.
  • Text-Language option is missing?
    Quote:
    This issue has been addressed; a text-language option has been added in a patch (see below).

Technical Issues:
  • (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
    Quote:
    The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.
  • (360) Second Screen SmartGlass features are broken.
    Quote:
    We are working with Microsoft to solve this matter. We hope to have more information to share very soon.
  • (360) No new achievement list for the DC version.
    Quote:
    This issue happens because we share the same product code with the original version of Human Revolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to alter this situation.
  • (PC) There is a significant performance hit and occasional video stuttering with the Director's Cut. Possible solutions have been found with Windows registry edits:
    ◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC ; AllowJobStealing - set this to 0
    ◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Eidos > Deus Ex: HRDC ; "D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS" - set this to 1
    Quote:
    We are looking into this.
  • (PC) Windows 8.1 users are experiencing mouse problems, with the cursor jittering and lagging.
    Quote:
    Windows 8.1 affects games that do not use raw mouse input. A link to fix this problem has been provided by the community and information can be found at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/fix...s-windows-8-1/
  • (PC, All platforms?) On the Omega Ranch mission, the door leading to the elevator for the Namir boss fight does not open after accomplishing the objective (uploading the virus).
    Quote:
    We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution for this.
  • (PC) Texture problems surrounding the base of Detroit convenience shops and elsewhere.
    Quote:
    This issue has been resolved.
  • (PC) An issue where posters in the Sarif company lobby after the prologue could appear black.
    Quote:
    This issue has been resolved.
  • (PC) Kitchens in Hengsha apartments have broken/missing textures (show up as bright green).
    Quote:
    It is fixed.

The first patch for the Director's Cut has gone live!

Among the issues addressed in this first patch:
  • AI-related bug fixes.
  • The bug causing disappearing personality dialogs in the Chase & Chet Wagner conversations has been fixed.
  • Miscellaneous fixes for a Sarif conversation when using pheromones.
  • Texture issues in Sarif HQ, Detroit, Hengsha and TYM have been fixed.
  • Texture tiling issues in Adam's apartment and other parts of Detroit have been fixed.
  • Issues relating to sounds becoming 'stuck' have been fixed.
  • A bug that could cause music to not play during the "walk and talk" intro sequence has been fixed.
  • Audio glitches between level loads have been fixed.
  • A bug causing the "incoming commentary" trigger to activate when the commentary system is disabled has been fixed.
  • A bug causing music to stall when alt-tabbing has been fixed.
  • A setup dialogue allowing changes outside the game has been added.
  • Text-language selection option has been added/fixed.
  • Issues with language-switching not functioning properly have been addressed.
  • Some performance optimizations have been added.

More on the way, but that does it for now.

Last edited by Jerion; 11-18-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:58 AM
New Player

Q: (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
A: The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

Yes, it does. There are several games on the 360 that does this. I'm not talking about an install disc and a play disc. I'm talking about splitting the game up on two discs just like the Director's Cut. Off the top of my head:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2

It is possible. Thank you Jerion for providing these answers, but someone on the team isn't answering this question to the fullest. Regardless, since there is no desire to fix this problem, I will return my copy.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider of Souls View Post
Q: (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
A: The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

Yes, it does. There are several games on the 360 that does this. I'm not talking about an install disc and a play disc. I'm talking about splitting the game up on two discs just like the Director's Cut. Off the top of my head:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2

It is possible. Thank you Jerion for providing these answers, but someone on the team isn't answering this question to the fullest. Regardless, since there is no desire to fix this problem, I will return my copy.
Rage is another such game in which you can install up to 3 discs. Same with LA. Noire.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:22 AM
New Player

That's right, forgot about L.A.

So, games that prove the Xbox 360 console does allow two disc installations:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
The Witcher 2
Rage
L.A. Noire

After some research, there are only 3 full retail games that I know of that you can't install to the 360. One of them was patched (Crackdown w/ Halo 3 beta) after release. So currently, there are only 2 retail games you can't install to the 360:

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut

Fine company I see...
Old 11-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Permanent Vacation

Like I said before in several classic posts before the pc, 360 and ps3 versions were announced, WiiU version = the superior version.

I'd say the next best version is probably the PS3 version even though several users have reported issues with the sounds.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM
New Player

Are the Factory Zero and Foxiest of the Hounds achievements possible on the same playthrough? How are the rest of the achievements impacted by the addition of Missing Link?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
[LIST][*]Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?

" It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game. "
Keeping your augments arguably throws off the gameplay balance even more than keeping your weapons, items and credits.

let's assume for the moment that the tutorial remains unchanged from the way it is now. (ie you don't get your augs, or gear until after you've been augmented).

what weapons are you talking about?
you can get a shotgun, smg, pistol, silent sniper, and combat rifle or Tranq-Rifle in the very first mission.
the moment you're done with that you can run and pick up a laser targeting mod and silencer (and burst for the shotgun)...
not letting us keep those weapons because it would unbalance *one* mission is silly and you know it.

now the other weapons are a bit more dicey.
Revolver? can be picked up during the first mission.
P.E.P.S? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
Sniper Rifle? can be picked up right after the first mission.
crossbow? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
rocket launcher? can be picked up right after the first mission*.
* was tricky before, but because we get to keep augs they're now childs-play to get.

which ones are left?
Heavy Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Plasma Rifle, and Laser Rifle.
well, guess what... Their use would be extremely limited early in the game due to their BEING NO AMMO FOR YOU TO USE!

in closing... a person who is playing on New Game+ has already finished the game, and already knows the story. limiting them because it messes up the gameplay balance isn't an argument that holds up under scrutiny.
edit: actually... *items* can throw gameplay balance off... painkillers, energybars, A.U.D.s more than other things...

hell, all of these issues can be solved with one quick and dirty fix.
Put a box in Jensen's apartment with only the weapons from the previous playthrough.
Similar to how you did with the first box of gear in Missing Link.
Since the box wouldn't contain any ammo, you wouldn't be able to use the later weapons, so they wouldn't unbalance the game.
simple, and even elegant (if I say so myself).

last, but by no means least:
Do you intend to patch the game on consoles in the future?
if it were to become incredibly apparent that your fans want a certain feature changed, would you change it in one of the aforementioned patches?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by askaquestion View Post
Are the Factory Zero and Foxiest of the Hounds achievements possible on the same playthrough? How are the rest of the achievements impacted by the addition of Missing Link?
it's definitely possible to do them both at the same time.
I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest, and Factory Zero all in one run. [ Would you like to know more? ]
Old 11-01-2013, 12:28 PM
New Player

[*]No official strategy guide?

That in-game strategy guide was an advertised feature. The fact that you've now added a disclaimer is an admission that your website previously led people to believe they would be getting an in-game strategy guide. So where is it? We want the official, in-game strategy guide, not a legal disclaimer covering your butts. Eidos has made millions and grown tremendously thanks to the support of Deus Ex fans. So do something as a "thank you" instead of treating this like a battlefield.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:31 PM
New Player

More two disc games you can install:

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I just picked up Batman: Arkham Origins. It's two discs & will probably install.

I bet re-using the product code is why it lists the Games on Demand description when you put in one of the discs for the DC & probably why it won't allow an install from the discs.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:43 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Angel View Post
it's definitely possible to do them both at the same time.
I did Legend, Pacifist, Foxiest, and Factory Zero all in one run. [ Would you like to know more? ]
I got to the end of the game and got Factory Zero but neither Pacifist nor Foxiest. I might have screwed it up during TML, not sure what I'm doing wrong but everyone was stunned and I set off no alarms.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by askaquestion View Post
Yes it's totally possible but hard - I've got Pacifist, Foxiest, Factory Zero and even the one for saving Malik in one game. Friend called me a maniac but oh well...

I've never set any alarm or killed anyone (including Missing Link Part).

While saving Malik it's important to watch out for the bot - exploding might kill some of the guys and probably ruin Pacifist.

EDIT:

Also turrets turning hostile are sort of alarm - they ruin Foxiest. Stick to this list:

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Foxiest_of_the_Hounds

And try not to set any alarm in Missing Link and you'll get it.

Last edited by 1baroness3; 11-01-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Polish and Russian languages are missing?
These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut.
Can I ask why or how it's possible?
Original game and Mssing Link had my language(Polish). And now it's gone?
There is NO new content in this game. Only few new words, most of them in main menu. Easy to translate, even for a kid or me.
I remember these words:“Over the last 18 months the team has been working very hard on the development of the Director’s Cut,” said David Anfossi, Head of Studio for Eidos-Montréal." from
Code:
http://www.deusex.com/news/DXHR-Directors-Cut-Out-Now
Are you kidding me?? 18 months and you deleted my language? What now?
I have original game and missing link with Polish language in Steam. Now i can't buy Director's Cut because Polish language gone.
Thanks Eidos Montreal.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:50 PM
New Player

I registered just to say that I have never played this game. I wanted to, so I bought the director's cut since it promised to be the definitive version. To find out its broken... completely, and the dev's have no intention of fixing it is really disappointing.

The worst part is, I called Microsoft Support, they weren't really aware of the game, and the only record they have is of the original version. It seems this would be an easy fix; just give them a new Game ID(?), with the new achievements, same as the PS3 version.

I've been keeping mine factory sealed for the past week in case this happened. I'll be taking it back tomorrow as well.

When you guys feel like delivering a quality product, I'll reconsider forking over some quality money.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Gamer

Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously??? Even without weapons Adam is so extremely overpowered that some silenced pistol or laser rifle with no ammo and * would make no difference whatsoever.

Also, if I remember correctly, you advertised strategy guide as a director's cut's feature with no exception to any platfotm. While I don't know what it is and I don't really care, it is kind of weird to change it suddenly into toaster exclusive feature.

By the way, no fixes for phantom commentary sounds and other sound issues, no fixes for weird graphic glitches and camera issues in conversations etc.? Good thing I still have the original HR in my library. Fortunately those 5 euros (yeah, I still wait for you resolving the pricing bug) won't ruin me, but I don't think I will buy your next game instantly without waiting for reviews or some sale. The "definitive version" of DE:HR feels more like beta for some reason and after two years from launch of the game I am simply not ok with that.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM
New Player

I'm going to uninstall the game and will re-install it only when it becomes the product it was supposed to be when you started selling it.

It's not because of the money. It was cheap. But because I was looking forward to the future of the franchise and now I feel cheated.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously???
Glad someone mentioned it. I'm not allowed to be negative any more
Old 11-01-2013, 04:45 PM
New Player

Guess I'm going to trade my 360 copy then,
Does anyone know if any of these issues are present in the Wii U copy?, I don't wanna trade in one bad copy for another.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER47 View Post
Uh...wow.

The most funny thing is probably the "new game +" issue. Are you really worrying about balanced gameplay when you throw fully augmented player into the beginning of the game without any balancing countermeasures?? Seriously??? Even without weapons Adam is so extremely overpowered that some silenced pistol or laser rifle with no ammo and * would make no difference whatsoever.
Completely legit, and my thoughts exactly. By the end of the game you're a silent, invisible, unstoppable takedown machine. You wouldn't even have to finish Detroit before you literally have every single augmentation. So five energy bars and the ability to take down two people at once is arbitrarily "unbalanced enough"? You should add an option to carry gear over, at least, for those who do want to use it. Since we're putting in NG+ and all.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Permanent Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou007 View Post
[*]No official strategy guide?

That in-game strategy guide was an advertised feature. The fact that you've now added a disclaimer is an admission that your website previously led people to believe they would be getting an in-game strategy guide. So where is it? We want the official, in-game strategy guide, not a legal disclaimer covering your butts. Eidos has made millions and grown tremendously thanks to the support of Deus Ex fans. So do something as a "thank you" instead of treating this like a battlefield.
The in-game strategy guide was always advertised as a wiiU exclusive.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:24 PM
New Player

Quote:
The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.
Final Fantasy XIII is a 3 disc game on the Xbox 360. All discs can be installed on the HDD. Also worth mentioning is that this is a Square Enix game!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:48 PM
New Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasser View Post
Guess I'm going to trade my 360 copy then,
Does anyone know if any of these issues are present in the Wii U copy?, I don't wanna trade in one bad copy for another.
The Wii U is the definitive version and if you have that console, the Director's Cut is a must buy. The other DC versions all seem to be rushed ports.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
New Player

Quote:
We've got some answers from the team surrounding launch issues with the Director's Cut. More will be incoming, but for now...

Questions and Answers:
  • (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.

More on the way, but that does it for now.
Glad there's some additional detail but not being install a title with slow loading times is a bit painful. Surely folks at Eidos have played (and installed) Mass Effect multi-disc?

Bit surprised and let down here

Rob
Old 11-02-2013, 05:05 AM
New Player

Default LIARS!!!

Quote:
[*] (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.

The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

LIARS!

Absolute, bare-faced fricking liars! EVERY 2 Disc game on the 360 allows both discs to be installed - you still have to switch them (which is retarded) but you can still install them both! That is a bare faced god damn lie!

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
LA Noire (3 Discs, even!)
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Splinter Cell: Black List
Batman: Arkham Origins
Final Fantasy XIII
The Witcher 2
Rage

ALL these games are 2 discs or more, and ALL can be installed to the 360 hard drive. You are LIARS, Square Enix!

You know, I was willing to hang onto this game and WAIT until you eventually patched it to install (like every other game on the Xbox 360, whether 2 disc or not), but the fact that you've just openly and shamelessly LIED about the issue, as an excuse to not do anything about it....I mean, do you think we're all idiots?! Did you think we just wouldn't NOTICE all these other 2 Disc games that can install, and take your lie for granted?! You don't have respect for us for releasing a broken game to begin with, but you've just showed us you have even less respect for us with that lie.

I'm literally going out the door right after posting this to return my copy - I'm also going to make a conscious effort to avoid purchasing ANY Square Enix games in the future.

Well done, guys.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:14 AM
New Player

Thumbs down

I have posted very little on these forums but I have to add my comments on this. I was really looking forward to this Directors Cut but I'm no forking over more money for the same game that is broken.

The thing that sealed the deal for me, as far as not buying it, is the bold face lies of not being able to install the game to the hard drive. That is so much BS is isn't even funny and to expect us the fans to actually believe it just makes ya'll that much more ignorant sounding.

I have the original and I'll stick with that. That was a quality game and I'm hoping for a quality Deus Ex 4 but now I'm not sure about that.

You have turned a great game of Deus Ex 3 into now everyone being skeptical of this company because you are failing to tell us the truth. Great job.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:28 AM
New Player

My sentiments exactly, FrankieSatt. It'd be one thing if they just admitted there's a fault, it's THEIR fault, but they just can't be bothered to do anything about it. That would still be unacceptable, but at least it'd be honest.

To outright LIE like that, as though we're all so stupid not to realise that 2 Disc games CAN be installed, is just taking the piss. Furthermore, they must KNOW that we know they're lying...so what's the point? Why not just admit it?

Deus Ex: HR is honestly one of the finest games I've ever played; brilliant gameplay and breath-taking story telling - how they can show their own creation such little care is beyond me (unless they've been taking artistic and business advice from George Lucas...)