We've got some answers from the team surrounding launch issues with the Director's Cut. More will be incoming, but for now...
Questions and Answers:
- Why does New Game+ only carry over augmentations, and not inventory gear?
It was never intended to carry over the inventory gear. Keeping gear with the New Game+ would throw off the gameplay balance, especially in the earlier parts of the game.
- Will PC support for second-screen functionality be coming with a future patch?
While we’ve been very excited to promote and share the second screen enhancements to the Deus Ex community with the Director’s Cut, unfortunately this feature was not yet ready for PC users. Intel has been working very hard to bring this technology to PC gamers and we’ve been working closely with them to ensure that once this technology is available, that it is compatible with Deus Ex: Human Revolution – Director’s Cut. We hope to have an update for our Deus Ex players about the second screen experience on PC in the very near future.
More information on the Intel Screen Control feature can be found on the Intel website:
- No official strategy guide?
The official strategy guide is for the Wii U version only.
- Polish and Russian languages are missing?
These languages are not supported in the Director’s Cut.
- Text-Language option is missing?
This issue has been addressed; a text-language option has been added in a patch (see below).
- (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.
- (360) Second Screen SmartGlass features are broken.
We are working with Microsoft to solve this matter. We hope to have more information to share very soon.
- (360) No new achievement list for the DC version.
This issue happens because we share the same product code with the original version of Human Revolution. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to alter this situation.
- (PC) There is a significant performance hit and occasional video stuttering with the Director's Cut. Possible solutions have been found with Windows registry edits:
◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC ; AllowJobStealing - set this to 0
◦ HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Eidos > Deus Ex: HRDC ; "D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_PREVENT_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS" - set this to 1
We are looking into this.
- (PC) Windows 8.1 users are experiencing mouse problems, with the cursor jittering and lagging.
Windows 8.1 affects games that do not use raw mouse input. A link to fix this problem has been provided by the community and information can be found at http://www.ghacks.net/2013/10/24/fix...s-windows-8-1/
- (PC, All platforms?) On the Omega Ranch mission, the door leading to the elevator for the Namir boss fight does not open after accomplishing the objective (uploading the virus).
We are aware of this issue and are working on a solution for this.
- (PC) Texture problems surrounding the base of Detroit convenience shops and elsewhere.
This issue has been resolved.
- (PC) An issue where posters in the Sarif company lobby after the prologue could appear black.
This issue has been resolved.
- (PC) Kitchens in Hengsha apartments have broken/missing textures (show up as bright green).
It is fixed.
The first patch for the Director's Cut has gone live!
Among the issues addressed in this first patch:
- AI-related bug fixes.
- The bug causing disappearing personality dialogs in the Chase & Chet Wagner conversations has been fixed.
- Miscellaneous fixes for a Sarif conversation when using pheromones.
- Texture issues in Sarif HQ, Detroit, Hengsha and TYM have been fixed.
- Texture tiling issues in Adam's apartment and other parts of Detroit have been fixed.
- Issues relating to sounds becoming 'stuck' have been fixed.
- A bug that could cause music to not play during the "walk and talk" intro sequence has been fixed.
- Audio glitches between level loads have been fixed.
- A bug causing the "incoming commentary" trigger to activate when the commentary system is disabled has been fixed.
- A bug causing music to stall when alt-tabbing has been fixed.
- A setup dialogue allowing changes outside the game has been added.
- Text-language selection option has been added/fixed.
- Issues with language-switching not functioning properly have been addressed.
- Some performance optimizations have been added.
More on the way, but that does it for now.