Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut PS3 Version - Technical Issues - Report Here

Please use this thread to report any issues you have been experiencing with the PS3 version of Deus Ex: Director's Cut

The issues I have encountered so far:

1) As mentioned in other threads, gun sound effects in director's cut sound VERY low quality compared to the original version of human revolution on PS3.

2) The framerate has become much more erratic compared to the original PS3 version. I especially noticed this when walking around the city of detroit.

These two issues are completely ruining the experience for me, having the game constantly stuttering and having to listen to the cringe-inducing overly compressed sound effects are killing the immersion of the game. It is inexcusable to be selling this as a standalone title when it contains significant technical issues that damper the experience considering that this is a game that was released 2 years ago without these issues.

If there are any other issues you have encountered while playing the PS3 version, please add them to this thread.

Also, if this game ever gets patched, would it be possible for an option to disable the autosaving? Whenever the game autosaves it stutters.

While you are at it Eidos, add in an option to swap the L1/R1 and L2/R2 controls. Shooting with the triggers just feels better.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: merged double post

Hey there,

Issues I have encountered so far is that the "incoming communications" box would appear and disappear a second later. It happens constantly. It sometimes crashes the game as it occurs.

I have also encountered frame rate issues as well throughout the entire game as I play.

I discovered another issue related to the "compressed gun sound effects" that people are reporting. When you have your gun readied and talk to someone their voice sounds muted, has an echo, and sounds low quality like the gun effects, when you put your gun away, the voices go back to their normal quality.

Quote Originally Posted by neveraskedforthis View Post
    I discovered another issue related to the "compressed gun sound effects" that people are reporting. When you have your gun readied and talk to someone their voice sounds muted, has an echo, and sounds low quality like the gun effects, when you put your gun away, the voices go back to their normal quality.
    Could be an actual glitch rather then compression if its doing that then.

you bought your game digital or physical?

My copy is physical.

Some videogames have had problems when you buy them digital or no digital, is it maybe better to buy this videogame in digital

Noticed another minor issue.

There are flickering white dots/lines bordering the HUD in the bottom left of the screen. It looks as if it is the edges of a sprite showing, rather than being transparent.

I have a DIGITAL downloaded copy of the Director's Cut for PLAYSTATION 3.

The guns that have very low bitrate/compressed sound effects are: Stun Gun, PEPS Gun, Tranquilizer Rifle.

ALL sound related to these guns are low quality. (Including shooting them and reloading, deploying etc.)

Also on my PS3 Digital version of Director's Cut:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...60339413_n.jpg

The screenshots are from PC, but the same is happening on my PS3.

Apparently this texture issue is happening across platforms.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: merged double post

I keep hearing the sound effect that plays right before a radio call comes through, except the sound cuts out right away and the picture disappears.

Also, the gamma on the ps3 version is too high, even on the lowest setting. It makes the game look washed out and takes away from the dark, gritty vibe of the game. My TV is properly calibrated and ps3 is set to RGB Full, but the game looks washed out compared to other games and the 360 version of deus ex.
    Last edited by neveraskedforthis; 10-31-2013 at 10:22 PM.

I keep hearing the sound effect that plays right before a radio call comes through, except the sound cuts out right away and the picture disappears.
    I know what that sound is: It's the Developer Commentary Nodes, but if you have them turned off you can't press the button and they disappear quickly.

I got to the DLC portion of the game, specifically "The Missing Link". Once I reached my equipment, I found all my weapons (Revolver, Sniper Rifle, Stun Gun, Grenade Launcher, Combat Rifle) transferred over, but NOT my shotgun. I thought this was a bug, so I started the DLC portion again and this time, avoided getting an enemy's shotgun before reaching the room with my weapons, but still no shotgun.

My issue with this is I got a shotgun early in the game and it had a lot of upgrades. I know that the first enemies you encounter in the game are a handgun and shotgun. It doesn't seem like it will allow my upgraded shotgun to transition into the Missing Link portion of the game. Now that I completed it and reached the Singapore level, this still remains true.

Bug? Eidos--please do something about the game and let it transfer my shotgun over just as it did my other weapons. That's kind of inconvenient.

Which crate did you get your weapins from? There are two of them, one when you get your armor and one at the end.

Default M1- Getting out of the frying pan

Hi. I have a physical copy. The game repeats already completed missions and in M1- Getting out of the frying pan, I only received only a small portion of my praxis kits back. Apparently I'm supposed to get it all back. Tech support had me delete the game data and re-download the game updates which didn't work and forwarded me to this site. This game is way more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by tsentered View Post
    Hi. I have a physical copy. The game repeats already completed missions and in M1- Getting out of the frying pan, I only received only a small portion of my praxis kits back. Apparently I'm supposed to get it all back. Tech support had me delete the game data and re-download the game updates which didn't work and forwarded me to this site. This game is way more trouble than it's worth.
    You get a small amount of your stuff at the start of the DLC.
    You should get the rest of your equipment and Praxis kits at the end of the DLC.

Got it! Thanks.

Thumbs down Very Tiny window

[RESOLVED]

I was so pleased to here there was a Directors Cut version of Deus Ex HR. Alas, this was short lived when I first run the game most of the options were in red which could neither be accessed nor could you make any changes. As with the original version there was a config section which loaded separate to the game where you could configure GFX settings. Although with this version you can't even make any changes to refresh rate, resolution because they are in RED which is denied access.

Now when I load the game it's in a tiny window which for some reason has decided on it's own to load in a window which you cannot make changes to any of the settings because they are locked in RED. I haven't made changes to the resolution it done this it self.

I managed to change the settings and it is fine now. it's all set to the correct settings now. why the game decided on loading in a very tiny window is beyond me. Please click on the below link to see what I mean about a tiny Window.

http://www.box.com/s/5u1yqhjma8t2lboprbzv

PATCH this game please because at the moment it is looking like a BFWW "Big Fat White Elephant".

Last edited by Krudo; 11-05-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Oops minor edit

Please use this thread to report any issues you have been experiencing with the PS3 version of Deus Ex: Director's Cut

The issues I have encountered so far:

1) As mentioned in other threads, gun sound effects in director's cut sound VERY low quality compared to the original version of human revolution on PS3.

2) The framerate has become much more erratic compared to the original PS3 version. I especially noticed this when walking around the city of detroit.

These two issues are completely ruining the experience for me, having the game constantly stuttering and having to listen to the cringe-inducing overly compressed sound effects are killing the immersion of the game. It is inexcusable to be selling this as a standalone title when it contains significant technical issues that damper the experience considering that this is a game that was released 2 years ago without these issues.

If there are any other issues you have encountered while playing the PS3 version, please add them to this thread.
    Thank you for making this thread!

I brought up the obvious issue of the sound compression.... and yeah, nothing.
    I've already sold back my PS3 version 'cause it just comes off that no one is interested in budgeting, QA, certifying, and finally releasing a patch for this version of the game. Wii U, maybe, because that's what it was originally intended for and was done by StraightRight.
    I emailed both StraightRight and SnowedIn. No Response. Made the thread here. No response.

I also noticed the framerate as well but didn't know if was because I was running the DualScreen with my Vita.

Default Hey

Quote Originally Posted by Snake2410 View Post
    Which crate did you get your weapins from? There are two of them, one when you get your armor and one at the end.
    I got my weapons from the box I got the rest of my weapons from. What I was trying to say was my modified shotgun was not among them. Not sure why that among all my weapons didn't transfer into the DLC portion of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticial View Post
    I got my weapons from the box I got the rest of my weapons from. What I was trying to say was my modified shotgun was not among them. Not sure why that among all my weapons didn't transfer into the DLC portion of the game.
    But which box did you get them from? I've read that some get weapons from one, and some get them from the other. Basically I'm asking if you opened both boxes, the one near the armor and the one at the end that most people find ammo in, in that playthrough. Also, did you have a full inventory when you got your other weapons back? Or did the weapons you got back fill your inventory enough that the shotgun wouldn't have fit. People have said that it dumps extra weapons on the floor if you don't have inventory room. If that's the case it might have dumped it.

Default Ok, I think I know the problem

There is a flaw with the DLC transition of the game. This is my 2nd playthrough in the Director's Cut and making into the Missing Link portion of the game. Rather than losing my shotgun, I'm losing my sniper rifle. I did a test by going back to a very recent save point before the Missing Link level of the game, I dropped two weapons (pistol and stun gun), and keeping only my shotgun, revolver, sniper rifle, and combat rifle.

It turns out that there is a weapon cap--the Missing Link DLC will ONLY transfer 4 weapons from the main game. Whether it's random or if it's the first 4 weapons you acquired and kept in the game, I'm not sure. But I know it has nothing to do with increasing your inventory space before opening the boxes containing the weapons--I've already tried to fill in that loophole.

From what I've read, is Eidos even going to do anything about it? Would it be that big of a deal to send a patch on the PS3 Network? I'd appreciate it if they could considering I've been a faithful customer.

In any case, if Eidos doesn't do anything about it--my solution is to keep only your 4 favorite weapons before you leave Hengsha the 2nd time. I dropped the stun gun because it doesn't get customized and can easily get another one by providing "Pacifist" answers; and the pistol because I've only customized it with a "Silencer", "Laser Targeting System", and "Armor Piercing", and whatever "Ammo Capacity" mods I had, which I can also acquire again in the DLC to make up for it.

Default How to get PS Vita Connectivity

Can someone please provide steps to connect a vita to the PS3 for the DX:HRDC version I have tried using Remote Play and the Cross-Play features on the Vita with no success. Any assistance or help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by nhawk85 View Post
    Can someone please provide steps to connect a vita to the PS3 for the DX:HRDC version I have tried using Remote Play and the Cross-Play features on the Vita with no success. Any assistance or help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks,
    If you've synced your Vita already to your PS3, then all you do is boot up the game

When it's going through the splash screen, go ahead and run the Vita Remote Play app and connect to your network. From there, it will automatically sync up and start displaying on the system itself. When at the "Press Start" menu (on the TV), make sure you hit start on the Vita itself. Easy Peasy.

The weapon sound fx are broken. They sound like low quality mp3 files or truncated 8 bit 22k files.

How did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HERESY View Post
    The weapon sound fx are broken. They sound like low quality mp3 files or truncated 8 bit 22k files.

How did this happen?
    This has been known since the DC launched, and I believe mentioned on page 1 of this topic, as for how this happened its likely because they shoehorned this out for PS3/360 with little planning. It'd be nice if they at least said one way or the other whether consoles are getting the next patch, since we got shafted on the last one and it fixed a lot of the issues the DC has. Though not this one since its a PS3 only issue apparently, maybe that's why we haven't seen a patch for PS3/360 yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast