Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

Default Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

I wanted to let consoles users know to avoid the Xbox 360 version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- Director's Cut, at least until some issues are patched.

It is unbelievable how many core issues plague this port and how it was released in the terrible, almost broken state it's in:

1. You Cannot Install Disc 1 & Disc 2 to the Hard Drive. All disc releases for Xbox 360 (except the rare disc versions of Arcade titles) allow you to install the game to the hard drive, even games where it's not recommended like Grand Theft Auto V. But for whatever reason, the Director's Cut does not have this option. This makes the game downright unplayable for some, as this means running the game off disc the whole time and dealing with longer load times and a very noisy console that is more susceptible to overheating.

2. Second Screen Features Through SmartGlass is Downright Broken. All I have been hearing from users is an inability to get SmartGlass working with Deus Ex. The Second Screen feature for the 360 outright does not work. (I have been hearing similar things with the PS3 version having trouble using the Vita for this.)

3. Director's Cut Version Doesn't Have a New Achievement List. This in itself isn't bad until you take into account the PC & PS3 both offering a new list. It's almost as if less effort went into the Xbox version.

All of these issues imply a rushed port, or at least an unpolished one that has many fundamental issues. The biggest problem is, I don't know how to contact Square Enix or a developer over these issues. Are they even aware of them? Can they even fix them? So I made an account to let people know about the Xbox 360 port and save them from wasting money like I did. Maybe a moderator can pass this info up the food chain or something? If this was a new game, there would be many reports of these problems, but because it is a re-release, less people are talking about it and consequently, there is less chance of any problem being solved.

I really love Human Revolution and I was looking forward to a replay with the new boss fights and commentary with this "definitive" version. But I can't with the terrible state the Director's Cut is in for the Xbox 360.

I signed up to the forums so I could post these exact same problems.

The Smart glass functionality is completely broken. It seems like the 360 thinks your playing the vanilla Deus Ex and not the Director's Cut version. This would also explain why the achievements show as being for the same game. Maybe the problem is related to me having played the original game.

Who knows if they'll be able to fix it though. I've been having a hard time finding other people who are having the same issues.

Just wanted to stop and say yeah me and my roommate are mad about not being able to install the game. Neither of us use smartglass so cant comment on that but it is pathetic that there is no install option. It seems like this is a sloppy port or at least rushed.

Not being able to install the game on the HDD is a definite dealbreaker for me...I am not purchasing this until Eidos addresses this issue!

Mine is just outright freezing. I hit new game and it just sits on a black screen.

Quote Originally Posted by connordavisj View Post
    Mine is just outright freezing. I hit new game and it just sits on a black screen.
    Wait, that may be my disc drive, which if it is, I'm now rather scared.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 10-25-2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: merged double post

For me, the messed-up energy management (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116) would have been enough to not get this (not to mention that I already own the first release and do feel quite cheated to have to pay that much for an "Update"), but not being able to install a game is not really tenable for me. I lost two Boxes to the RROD, which is directly linked to the disc-drive overheating, and I only ever play games from HDD.

I do hope your problems get fixed, but looking at Eidos's Track Record with patches (Hitman Absolution, anyone?) I wouldn't have too much hope in that direction.

Of course, MS did stop charging companies for Title Updates, so maybe if you're lucky, you'll get a patch. Maybe, if we`re all lucky, the patch might not only address these issues, but improve other stuff (like the Energy Management and Energy Cost for Takedowns or Wall Punches...)
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

Maybe if we all give a friendly heads up to some devs on twitter? Just let them know there are some major issues with the 360 version.

I actually did that. Several times. With links to this thread and the one about the Energy Management.
    Eidos Montreal Twitter, Pednault the chief designer on facebook, but no reaction. Usually they just ignore the stuff they don't like.

We're keeping an eye on these, they will be passed along.
    signature imagesignature image

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    Would you kindly also pass along, that people are very disappointed with the lack of change to the Energy Management System?

Because I for one do not understand why that was done the way it was done - and none of the literally thousands of feedback-posts regarding that single issue were taken into account.

But it's good to hear that these issues will get attention. Installing on the HDD is pretty much mandatory for owners of older Boxes.

So, thank you.

I signed up just to chime in as well. Just ran out and spent money on this, hoping for some vastly (or at least slightly) improved version. Having all the same problems; mainly that Smartglass (and the 360) just recognize this as the vanilla copy of the game. How the hell did they not anticipate this? After GTA V Online, IOS 7, and everything else, I've completely lost hope in first-day releases. They are pushing things out way too early, and the complexity of technology is beginning to cave in on itself.

I would imagine that most people have played/installed, at some point, the original game (on disc, digital download, or both), and as you know, once you play any game, it's registered as one of "Your Games" as far as the whole Xbox, Microsoft cloud account is concerned. I have a feeling that this is part of the reason for this problem... The developers didn't sufficiently differentiate the Director's Cut from the vanilla copy as far as its coding in the database of games (or maybe it's not even there yet, being this weird, esoteric, early release).

I'd be really curious whether people who had never installed any previous version of the game are experiencing this problem, too.

Regardless, please patch, fix, talk to Microsoft, do whatever it takes, make this game be what it should be! It's bad enough that I paid full price for this when I already owned the game and all the DLC... PC users at least got discounts (if you owned everything, it is really cheap to upgrade).

The whole no install to hard drive thing is *really* weird, too! And it sucks. How is this better than the original game? Now I have to burn up my DVD drive and have longer wait times? At least in the original game I could install to HD, and load times were quick. This is terrible.

We need to be as vocal about this on twitter, etc, as possible, and hope for a fix.
    Last edited by johnston; 10-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    I actually did that. Several times. With links to this thread and the one about the Energy Management.
    Eidos Montreal Twitter, Pednault the chief designer on facebook, but no reaction. Usually they just ignore the stuff they don't like.
    So, I stand corrected.

Things are getting looked at. And I trust my source. So you'll have to trust me in that.

Thank you.

Default Disc Swapping?

Question... (since we can't install to HD), I noticed I had to switch to Disc 2 after the introductory sequence. How often do you have to swap discs throughout the game???

It makes one wonder why they didn't do an "install disc" like GTA V, and Play Disc on disc 1.

Also, anyone notice Adam's face looks a little bit weird in the director's cut?

EDIT:

Several hours in, I've noticed the texture popup is really bad, obviously on account of having to stream from the DVD. This is much worse than the original game.
    Last edited by johnston; 10-24-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Quick Update: I have been hearing reports of the second screen experience working on the PS3 with the Vita. So it's just broken for the 360.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post
    I would imagine that most people have played/installed, at some point, the original game (on disc, digital download, or both), and as you know, once you play any game, it's registered as one of "Your Games" as far as the whole Xbox, Microsoft cloud account is concerned. I have a feeling that this is part of the reason for this problem... The developers didn't sufficiently differentiate the Director's Cut from the vanilla copy as far as its coding in the database of games (or maybe it's not even there yet, being this weird, esoteric, early release).

I'd be really curious whether people who had never installed any previous version of the game are experiencing this problem, too.
    You may be onto something. While I haven't deleted all my Deus Ex data on my console to test that theory, clearing the cache did not help and trying to install the game offline or on a profile that has not played the game did not help either. So, I don't think having the original game registered on your profile/the could is the problem.

However, I think you're right about the Director's Cut not being differentiated from the original copy as far as the Xbox 360 itself is concerned. However, the 360 under "My Games" does recognize each disc as "Disc 1" & "Disc 2." I wonder, does anyone still have the vanilla version installed to the hard drive? If you do and put in the Director's Cut, under game options, does it have the option to delete the installed vanilla version? If it does, that would prove there is a recognition issue.

The more I think about it, the problem of not being able to install the Director Cut has to be a glitch. After doing some research, the only games you can't install are retail disc versions of Arcade games. Every single full game, to my knowledge, can be installed. This includes games that came out before installing to HDD was an option for Xbox gamers. So, how and why would the Director's Cut be the sole oddity in the Xbox library?

I have the original installed still... it does not seem to have the 2 confused since there is no delete option.

... I was going to get the 360 version tomorrow... is it still broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Riddik116 View Post
    I have the original installed still... it does not seem to have the 2 confused since there is no delete option.
    Alright, we can eliminate that explanation then. Thanks for the quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAugmentedBox View Post
    I was going to get the 360 version tomorrow... is it still broken?
    Yup, but all non-Wii U platforms seem to have their own oddities

PC: performance issues (and possibly using a 1.0 version of the game as a base instead of the patched version)
    360: can't install to HDD and SmartGlass broken
    PS3: compressed weapon firing sounds
    Last edited by Raider of Souls; 10-24-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: grammar

Is the 360 version also missing the built-in strategy guide?

Seconded.

And I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I tweaked the thread title to say "Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here" so new people can see this is the correct thread to use.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Obviously I can't install the DX:HR DC onto my 360 either. I really do prefer to install everything to the HDD (except games that state not to) for optimal gaming experiences.

I think the XBOX 360 is getting things confused in some ways. I originally purchased the Augmented Edition, then purchased the GonD version so I wouldn't need discs, & then finally the DC version. When I put in the discs for the DC version & go to the description of the game, it shows me the description text for the GonD release of the game.

I looked at my storage & the save games for the DC are mixed in with the saves, DLC, & other files from the original DX:HR.

I haven't tried the SmartGlass integration, since I'm not sure I want to use my Lumia 920 as a control device or to hack with. Maybe if I had something with a bigger screen.
    XBL: TheNamelessOne

For a group of folks that blog about how passionate they are about this project, this really should be an embarrassment. First, they have the nerve to ask Xbox360/PS3 players that own the original game to buy the Director's Cut for an additional thirty bucks when they offer it to PC users at upgrade pricing. Then they ask Wii players to fork out sixty bucks for a game that's two years old already. If that wasn't bad enough, they release the game with all of these problems. This seems to be a disaster both on the developer side as well as the business side. I don't know about anyone else, but when a project goes this bad any place that I've worked, heads roll....

I bought the Augmented Edition of the Xbox 360 version, so I already spent quite a bit on the game. For them to ask for another thirty bucks for me to get to play the game that they intended to release is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't want hand outs either. They added some stuff that warrants their time and resources, so it should be paid for. I would have happily paid ten bucks to upgrade for the new content. I just can't help but think I got the shaft considering PC owners got a reasonable deal. If something possessed me to actually spend the thirty bucks to get the Director's Cut I'd be really pissed about the problems. Developers/Publishers shouldn't get to whine about the used marked when they do ty things like this to their customers. I'll buy it when it's on the used market for ten bucks and ONLY if these problems are resolved. So disappointed.... What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by metarmor View Post
    For a group of folks that blog about how passionate they are about this project, this really should be an embarrassment. First, they have the nerve to ask Xbox360/PS3 players that own the original game to buy the Director's Cut for an additional thirty bucks when they offer it to PC users at upgrade pricing. Then they ask Wii players to fork out sixty bucks for a game that's two years old already. If that wasn't bad enough, they release the game with all of these problems. This seems to be a disaster both on the developer side as well as the business side. I don't know about anyone else, but when a project goes this bad any place that I've worked, heads roll....

I bought the Augmented Edition of the Xbox 360 version, so I already spent quite a bit on the game. For them to ask for another thirty bucks for me to get to play the game that they intended to release is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I don't want hand outs either. They added some stuff that warrants their time and resources, so it should be paid for. I would have happily paid ten bucks to upgrade for the new content. I just can't help but think I got the shaft considering PC owners got a reasonable deal. If something possessed me to actually spend the thirty bucks to get the Director's Cut I'd be really pissed about the problems. Developers/Publishers shouldn't get to whine about the used marked when they do ty things like this to their customers. I'll buy it when it's on the used market for ten bucks and ONLY if these problems are resolved. So disappointed.... What a joke.
    Genuine question: Steam on PC offers a simple and straightforward way to ensure that the person claiming to already own the game and the DLC is actually being honest; the games are permanantly tied to that user's account, regardless of digital or physical purchase. Can you think of a comparable way to ensure that same honesty on the current-gen consoles? If so, I'm happy to forward your idea onwards.
    signature imagesignature image

The only thing I could think to do for current gen would be make a deal with a retail store where you have the customer return the original copy to allow for a discount on the directors cut at that specific retail store but business wise I understand thats not really a great idea.

Either way thanks for passing along the problems, I really hope theres a way for them to fix the install problem.

I apologize in advance for the long winded post. I hate them myself.

The pooch was screwed from the beginning. Hereís how it should have went down:

The Directorís cut on Xbox 360 and PS3 versions should have been offered strictly as DLC. Even though Xbox and PS3 can't distinguish a used disc from a new disc, it least it will require the game in some form. It's better not to screw your loyal customers then it is to punish douches (or a bird in the hand, blah blah blah). Even if a game is used, thereís an opportunity to make money on DLC multiple times by the used game passing multiple hands. For example: If I buy the original game used, and then buy the Director's Cut as DLC; I can then play it and sell the disc. The next person buys the disc that I just bought and has the opportunity to purchase the Director's Cut DLC as well (and the chain goes on). By releasing it on disc, sales were cannibalized on the existing DLC as well as the original game anyway. This shows the company was willing to accept some form of cannibalization. By releasing strictly as DLC, thereís the same cannibalization (since people would likely buy used and the Directorís Cut contains all of the existing DLC), just not screwing the existing loyalty. I would suspect a lower priced DLC would net more buyers (original game holders as well as the scenario above) to make up for the price difference, especially since less folks would be pissed and more of them would be likely to revisit the game. We have yet to solve the problem of people who've already paid for all of the DLC before Directors Cut. Perhaps two versions of DLC for the Directorís Cut could have been done? One containing all of the original DLC and another with just the add-ons (like PC).

The only disc version for sixty bucks should have been for the Wii since the game was never on the platform. These users likely wouldn't be so irritated at the price since thereís no thirty dollar disk on other platforms to compare it to. Theyíd still be getting a deal since they get everything the game has to offer since its creation. Instead of being me (Augmented Edition $70, All DLC roughly $30, Directors Cut $30 = $130)
    PC seems to be the only place it was done perfectly.

You can thank me for solving your problems in the form of a check made out to Mr. Awesome. (Just kidding, Iím sure the problem is actually more complicated than this) My point is, it likely could have been better thought out.

The worst part is thereís no official statement from the company simply acknowledging that it had to rake itís loyalty over the coals for one reason or another. Itís as if they didnít even see it as a problem.

Agreed…

Where is Eidos on this? Where is the patch and back-end (Microsoft-side) fixes? Clearly there is confusion about what game this is; since is shares Achievements, etc, and shows the same "Game Details" as the vanilla DE.

Someone has said that the PS3/PC versions give you all new achievements (trophies, whatever), and that the 360 version was probably intended to do so.

I actually work in software for a living, so I have a good hunch about what's going on here; but it is really, really bad PR to not acknowledge the problem, promise any fixes, etc. There should be a patch (both front end and back end) by now… This isn't a massive ordeal to fix; the game is basically the same.

On a side note, I will say, I have experienced two things I never experienced in the two versions I owned before (Augmented Edition - Disc, installed, and the Downloadable edition from the xbox store); major texture pop-in, and often missing dialogue/subtitles, as well as wireless communications (up in the upper right) starting and ending abruptly in less than a second. So there are some glitches to fix, as well. But getting this to ID properly so it can be used with Smartglass, and enabling HD install, would be #1 priorities if it were up to me...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast