Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

Is the smartglass functionality ever going to be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Puck2dag View Post
    Is the smartglass functionality ever going to be fixed?
    Take a guess. The game's been out forever and they've made two official statements, neither of which promise to fix anything. They screwed us; that's already been established.

Unless someone has new news or technical info (like why this version got so screwed up) stop posting stupid/repeated questions; just take it back for a refund already.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

Read the first posts. They ARE working on it. They just patched the PC version so no reason why consoles wouldn't get patched. They may just be holding off on patching all these problems until they can patch them all at once or to make sure they get the stuff that needs patching the most on consoles, smart glass and whatnot, before releasing it. Or it could already be in certification. The problem is a lack of updates from the devs, they should be represented on here better and give weekly updates or something.

At least you guys can actually play the game, I play for around 5 minuites before the game freezes and my Xbox locks up forcing me to reset it, this happens constantly too, not just once or twice.
    It's not acceptable to release a game that does not work, how can the game be so messed up from adding a little content to it...

I'm guessing it was a combination of 1) rushing it out (before the next-gen console releases) to get more sales, before it was finished and had passed QA fully, and 2) outsourcing – laziness with sharing the Xbox game ID, etc

Add another person to the list who had to deal with the game crashing in the Missing Link (prison section) during the save the prisoners or the scientist part.

-Pulling out weapon/switching can cause a hard crash

-looking in menus or saving caused it to crash

(pretty sure getting an achievement caused me to also to crash in that area or just really lagged the game)

Four of my saves got messed up after crashing (was worried I had lost my game) after getting back on the 4 save games (after pressing A to continue pass the load screen) the screen would stay black and nothing would work.

I was lucky enough a save outside the area worked but now I'm going to be worried the rest of the game may end up crashing and cause the saves to be corrupted

Well i suppose that's it then, i've bought a broken game with no hope of a fix, very nice.

In future i think i will wait a month or so and check forums for game issues before buying, and by that time purchase pre-owned at a reduced price, and that goes for Thief.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JasperWhite View Post
    Well i suppose that's it then, i've bought a broken game with no hope of a fix, very nice.

In future i think i will wait a month or so and check forums for game issues before buying, and by that time purchase pre-owned at a reduced price, and that goes for Thief.
    I know what are you talking about. It's better think twice before buying the next games.

PC version is a mess too (and they even removed the original version from the Steam store. So for people that don't have the game, the only option is to buy this new garbage DC version).

Nice way to ruining a great game and make some extra money.

Where is that "passion" that the developers did show and talked about so much on the "making-of documentary" of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post
    Take a guess. The game's been out forever and they've made two official statements, neither of which promise to fix anything. They screwed us; that's already been established.

Unless someone has new news or technical info (like why this version got so screwed up) stop posting stupid/repeated questions; just take it back for a refund already.
    Ok that's cool

Default please give us a reply

Still absolute dead silence from the developers is unacceptable. The game by now has such a bad reputation that every seller is trying to get rid of them with ridiculously low prices.

I just want to state here that as a game journalist I'm going to write a big article, being extremely disappointed in the absolute disgraceful and outrageous matter in which especially loyal Deus Ex fans get screwed over. If someone had said: "Well sorry, but we will not and cannot fix this"... that would have been an even better way of treating your customer.

A LOT of people in this thread have stated very clearly and politely all the problems and pointed everything out, trying to help as much as possible. One reaction that "we are looking into it... etc" a couple of months back, apparently was all there is to say?

Quote Originally Posted by JasperWhite View Post
    I have just encountered the exact same issue, and also about 10 freezes at the top of that section... i'm now to afraid of touching anything or playing on. If you find a way through let me know!
    Just a little update: I went back to the game just recently and managed to get past this section, god only knows what i did differently, but i did get through... and had no issues right to the end. Sweet.

I just thought i would let you know in case you have completely given up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One View Post
    Oh, and I've noticed another technical issue; in the conversation cut-scenes, the camera jumps from one angle to another every 3/4 seconds. One second it's facing a character at eye level, the next it's slightly higher and skeward, then a second later it's back to how it was. It's like it can't decide which angle it wants to look from. I don't remember this happening in the vanilla version, but I could be wrong.

Any one else noticed this problem?
    I noticed this too and from the looks of it these are the same camera positions/timing as the Missing Link DLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ih1eHBnPpg

You'll notice it in this video. I guess they just brought that camera and replaced the vanilla version.

Finally, my copy of DE:HR DC for x360 has arrived. What a disappointment that it cannot be installed.. that texture delay. I wondered why it had the same price as A:CM (6,50)... and I though they wanted just to get rid of the few letfovers. At least I did not pay a lot more for it though.

btw I found they've released patch for it, was it on xbox version also? because my xbox was not downloading anything.

The patch as far as I know was only for the PC version. Eidos Montreal havn't said anything about a patch for the Xbox 360 version. They have seemingly abandoned the game on consoles.

*sigh* Seems like they have. It's pretty sad that I couldn't even play the game that I had bought because it cannot be installed on hd. Looks like I have to be more careful when buying games made by Eidos :|

may be a longshot but w/e. after coming back to detroit after highland park, im getting a freezing problem. in the alley next to the court the game always freezes and i have to restart my 360. i read somewhere it could be a background nosie that triggers it so i changed all the audio settings to zero but still nothing. now im gonna try re-downloading the game

i think there' sa fix for the pc game, but not for 360. and looks like they stopped supporting this game anyway lol

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345