Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

That is absolutely disgusting - they just gave us a bare-faced LIE!

I mean, do they think we're all stupid?! Like we're just not going to notice the myriad of 2 Disc 360 games that can be installed?!

They obviously have no respect for their customers whatsoever. I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait for a patch, but not after that - not after blatantly LYING to us about the problem to get out of actually DOING anything about it.

We all know what's going on here; they're weighing up the cost of patching it vs the cost of leaving it as it is. To fix the install problem would require participation from Microsoft, and Microsoft are busy in crunch time working on the Xbox One....We're not stupid, Square Enix.

I'm taking mine back to the store as soon as I post this. The thought of those con artists getting MY money for this is making my blood boil.

As predicted, my store (Game) refused to refund the game - said its not their responsibility if the content of the game itself is faulty. Pathetic. Well, I won't be buying any more Square Enix games in future - and I'm going to discourage as many people as I can from buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One View Post
    That is absolutely disgusting - they just gave us a bare-faced LIE! I mean, do they think we're all stupid?! Like we're just not going to notice the myriad of 2 Disc 360 games that can be installed?!
    You have to read between the lines a bit. They know we know. Gaming forums aren't where non-gamers hang out.

It's another way of saying, "We're not going to fix this".

Screw these guys… This was a total money grab to sell the 360 version at all. Class action lawsuit time!

As predicted, my store (Game) refused to refund the game - said its not their responsibility if the content of the game itself is faulty. Pathetic. Well, I won't be buying any more Square Enix games in future - and I'm going to discourage as many people as I can from buying them.
    I would have asked to see another game of equal value, held it and walked straight out of the store while leaving the DC on the counter.

It's one thing to return a game because you don't like it but if it is broken and missing features they need to refund your money and take it up with the publisher.

Yeah, but they're not going to give me an ACTUAL game to look at, are they. They'll just give me an empty box from the shelf...

I know, as I said before, when it comes to digital content it seems the same rules don't apply anymore; if its the content ON the disc that's broken, then that's classed as a "bad game", rather than a broken one. I'm not talking about the odd flickering texture or broken audio file, those are fine....but yeah, this release just goes over that line, for me.

Was playing it the other night, walked into a room in Detroit, had to wait 20 seconds for the entire room to pop into existence. I'm now starting to pretend to myself that it's Jensen's eye augments glitching rather than the actual game

[QUOTE=Maiden Ty One;1960062]Yeah, but they're not going to give me an ACTUAL game to look at, are they. They'll just give me an empty box from the shelf...[quote]

Not at the stores I frequent. Empty boxes are on the shelves but if you say you want to purchase a game they pretty much get it and put it on the counter.

I know, as I said before, when it comes to digital content it seems the same rules don't apply anymore; if its the content ON the disc that's broken, then that's classed as a "bad game", rather than a broken one. I'm not talking about the odd flickering texture or broken audio file, those are fine....but yeah, this release just goes over that line, for me.

Was playing it the other night, walked into a room in Detroit, had to wait 20 seconds for the entire room to pop into existence. I'm now starting to pretend to myself that it's Jensen's eye augments glitching rather than the actual game
    It's sad. Game developers and publishers pull stunts like this (Skyrim, Aliens Colonial Marianes, etc) and then go nuts when people buy used games.

Quote Originally Posted by HERESY View Post

Not at the stores I frequent. Empty boxes are on the shelves but if you say you want to purchase a game they pretty much get it and put it on the counter.
    I see what you mean; if they think I'm literally about to pay for it, then yeah, they might hand over an actual game. Only thing is I live like right across the road from my Game store; I can actually see it from here out the window as I'm typing this. And I've got a store loyalty (that's right, "loyalty", lol) card so they know exactly where I live. So probably wouldn't get away with it for very long :/

Totally made an account just to come on here and say something about the no-install on 360 thing. Glad to see it's not just me... saddened to see they truly think to feed us some B.S. about no multi-disc install on Xbox. Really hope they do something about all this.

It's weird... don't think I've ever seen a game go so far much backwards in an "updated" version. Original vanilla got me quickly, love everything about it, the look and feel and just... pretty much everything. Few bugs but whatever. Kinda can't help but laugh a bit at the "definitive collection" being so backwards from the original and full of bugs you'd think they had nailed out early on.

Oh well, here's hopin for fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor 826 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff but I was curious if anyone has experienced Deus ex HR Directors cut freezing up their xbox on the mission where you have to redirect the gas flow in the missing link section of the game? Mine freezes every time I bring up the inventory screen or try to change weapon. At first I thought it was a corrupt save data but this wasnt the case. It freezes in the same spot all the time, the room full of prisoners with the security tower in the middle.
    I have the same problem right now!!!! this is unplayable!!!, the game corrupt my saved games too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gonderk View Post
    I have the same problem right now!!!! this is unplayable!!!, the game corrupt my saved games too!!!!
    Yip me too, same place and also at the top of that section. please fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor 826 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff but I was curious if anyone has experienced Deus ex HR Directors cut freezing up their xbox on the mission where you have to redirect the gas flow in the missing link section of the game? Mine freezes every time I bring up the inventory screen or try to change weapon. At first I thought it was a corrupt save data but this wasnt the case. It freezes in the same spot all the time, the room full of prisoners with the security tower in the middle.
    I have just encountered the exact same issue, and also about 10 freezes at the top of that section... i'm now to afraid of touching anything or playing on. If you find a way through let me know!

so the xbox360 version has as many ingame bugs as the ps3 and pc versions?
    as well as the no install.
    Also those with the xbox360 copy, how many times do you hafta swap the disc while playing it?
    Last edited by Grasser; 11-06-2013 at 05:48 PM.

I want an answer from eidos team! I can not complete the game freezes every 5 minutes

I just bought it today. I'm running Smartglass on an iPad 2 with iOS7 and getting the same thing; Smartglass thinks it's the regular version of Deus Ex Human Revolution. I can't get past the first keypad because nothing happens on my iPad at all.

UPDATED ANSWER FROM QUESTIONS THREAD

Q: (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
    A: The Director’s Cut does not support two disc installation on the Xbox 360. We apologize for the previously posted incorrect statement.

This pretty much kills any hope of it being patched. This was by design. At least they are honest now.

Link: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

So disappointed with all of this. I was about to start this game tonight and figured I'd check online to see how to use the SmartGlass features. Found this topic. Just initiated a return to Amazon of my copy. If Eidos does indeed fix all of these issues in the future I will gladly pick it back up, but as someone who has been awaiting this release since it was announced and was even considering getting a WiiU for it originally, I cannot fully explain how disappointed I am with this whole muck up. Get your stuff together folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffin View Post
    So disappointed with all of this. I was about to start this game tonight and figured I'd check online to see how to use the SmartGlass features. Found this topic. Just initiated a return to Amazon of my copy. If Eidos does indeed fix all of these issues in the future I will gladly pick it back up, but as someone who has been awaiting this release since it was announced and was even considering getting a WiiU for it originally, I cannot fully explain how disappointed I am with this whole muck up. Get your stuff together folks.
    I'm in the same boat, or... I was in the same boat. Amazon just finished processing my refund and with the updated answer that the Director's Cut for the Xbox 360 intentionally does not support disc installation, I consider this matter over and I will move on to other games.

What annoys me is they say it's deliberate, but they don't say WHY! I mean, if they provided a logical reason, as in "The DC version has X feature and said feature can't work from hard drive.", then it might be excusable - well, it wouldn't, 'cause there IS no reason running off the hard drive could cause a problem, as if anything it just makes runing the game easier, but there we go.

Regarding the game freezing, I recently had the game freeze right around the gas section of Missing Link - but it only did it the once for me, after restarting the Xbox I managed to get through that bit without it freezing again - guess I got lucky.

Oh, and I've noticed another technical issue; in the conversation cut-scenes, the camera jumps from one angle to another every 3/4 seconds. One second it's facing a character at eye level, the next it's slightly higher and skeward, then a second later it's back to how it was. It's like it can't decide which angle it wants to look from. I don't remember this happening in the vanilla version, but I could be wrong.

Any one else noticed this problem?

Oh, and I've noticed another technical issue; in the conversation cut-scenes, the camera jumps from one angle to another every 3/4 seconds. One second it's facing a character at eye level, the next it's slightly higher and skeward, then a second later it's back to how it was. It's like it can't decide which angle it wants to look from. I don't remember this happening in the vanilla version, but I could be wrong.

I noticed this during a couple of cut scenes in the PS3 version.

I noticed this too, back before I dropped the game. I definitely don't remember those quick camera angle changes during conversations. It's either something they added, or something they "added back" from an older beta of the game (as we've heard some of the boss fights were, etc). Either way, it doesn't look as smooth as the vanilla version; it has a jarring effect.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperWhite View Post
    I have just encountered the exact same issue, and also about 10 freezes at the top of that section... i'm now to afraid of touching anything or playing on. If you find a way through let me know!
    I had to give up with it in the end, nothing seemed to work it just kept freezing on the same spot whatever I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by gonderk View Post
    Glad to know its not just my copy, really pissed about it. I was unable to continue the game because of this.

Default Same issues with my DE:HR Director's Cut on 360

Just wanted to post that I have the same problems as stated in the first comment in this thread.

- Smartglass doesn't work
    - Game is not recognized as being the director's cut version
    - cannot be installed

However when logged in with Smartglass, the game does not show the hacking screens etc on the TV, but it shows the first person perspective from the back of how Jensen is standing. So, the game knows the smartglass is hooked up, but smartglass itself doesn't react at all.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast