Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

Quote Originally Posted by Raider of Souls View Post
    It works for me.

I wouldn't assume you have to disc swap constantly throughout the entire game. If someone knows, could they chime in? If I had to guess, the Director's Cut is probably a tad over the limit for one DVD, so they put as little as they could on Disc 1 (with "Making of Video") so once you put in Disc 2, you won't have to swap back.
    This seems to be correct… Why the hell they bothered to put such a tiny amount of data on one disc, and break the install-ability process, beats me. But yeah, it seems like only the Making of Video, and the opening scene of the game, are on Disc 1… the rest fits on Disc 2 just as it always did. I guess they went a little over on space, too, adding the new voice commentary tracks; that would make it larger than the original game as well.

Regardless, I'm really hoping for a patch that will 1) make the game installable (the load times keep getting longer and longer) and 2) make this game show up as the correct game (Director's Cut) in the Xbox library, so Smartglass features etc will work (and I assume, new achievements, since the other versions (PS3, PC) got these).

Can we get any update on a patch (or update on Microsoft's end, etc)? After several days with no patch, I'm starting to feel like this is abandoned (on the 360) and debating on whether to return it (and reading Amazon discussions, etc, a lot of people already have started doing so).
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: merged double post

I'd return it if I were you. It really is the only way Dev's will get the message - if you're going to release a broken game without testing it, then the first thing you should be working on is a patch to fix it. As it is, they see no reason to patch it as everyone is buying the game and that's money in their pockets.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did just abandon it. It's only the 360 version that's affected, and it's obvious they don't care about that market. The only way they're going to give a crap is if they think it's going to affect their profits significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    Disc-Changing is the Bane of Videogaming...
    It's not just a bane, its completely unnecessary. They could easily just make Disc 2 an installation disc that installs all the content to the hard drive, allowing the entire game to be run off of one disc. For some reason devs seem to have a brain disability when it comes to this, I honestly cannot fathom how such an obvious thing can be overlooked by people whose job it is to make videogames. The only thing I can think of is they all mostly play on PC and simply don't think, or care about people playing on 360.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One View Post
    I'd return it if I were you. It really is the only way Dev's will get the message - if you're going to release a broken game without testing it, then the first thing you should be working on is a patch to fix it. As it is, they see no reason to patch it as everyone is buying the game and that's money in their pockets.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did just abandon it. It's only the 360 version that's affected, and it's obvious they don't care about that market. The only way they're going to give a crap is if they think it's going to affect their profits significantly.
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic just yet. The game just came out and it's now the weekend. The moderators are looking into this and I'm sure the devs are aware of the issues. It takes time to make a patch for these things. Let's hope for an official statement this week.

I'm just sad that every time EM outsources something, that company messes things up and it's up to EM to clean up the mess. All non-Wii U versions has serious issues and EM has to figure out what's wrong for all 3 DCs and how to fix it.

(Does anyone know the company that did the porting for the Director's Cut?)

I guess it's just because of being continually let down by developers releasing broken games and abandoning them. The latest was Dead Space 3, one of my favourite series of games, but the last one has so many god damn bugs in it, at least one of them game breaking (for me, anyway), and Visceral/EA have completely ignored all requests to do anything about it and have ceased work on the game, and are happy to leave it with all the faults it has. So long as people are paying for it, they don't care.

I guess it's just what I've come to expect now.

Unhappy

I wouldn't be so pessimistic just yet. The game just came out and it's now the weekend. The moderators are looking into this and I'm sure the devs are aware of the issues. It takes time to make a patch for these things. Let's hope for an official statement this week.

I'm just sad that every time EM outsources something, that company messes things up and it's up to EM to clean up the mess. All non-Wii U versions has serious issues and EM has to figure out what's wrong for all 3 DCs and how to fix it.

(Does anyone know the company that did the porting for the Director's Cut?)
    According to Wikipedia, Snowed In Studios worked on the PS3 and 360 porting of DE: DC. Lazy bunch of …

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex...rector.27s_Cut

Following the citation (http://snowedin.ca/projects/eidos-montreal/), though, seems to refer to the original version of the game; so I'm not sure if this applies to the DC or not.

But yeah, I'm with Maiden Ty One; we're continually let down by these releases that have major problems (GTA5 online is a recent example that comes to mind–it's STILL not completely fixed over a month or so after release). The only way to really vote that you won't accept abandoned games like this is to take them back for a refund, which is what I've decided to do. I spent $60 on the original game, another $30 on the downloadable version (after I lost the disc copy while moving), and another $30 on this… $120 for a game that I've already played through four times just isn't worth it when none of the new features are working.

I really do want to play the Director's Cut. And I won't judge Eidos Montreal based on the actions of other developers. But, we do really need an official statement soon, or I will have to return my copy as well.

I really do want to play the Director's Cut. And I won't judge Eidos Montreal based on the actions of other developers. But, we do really need an official statement soon, or I will have to return my copy as well.
    Agreed. On a problem of this scale, an official statement is the least they could do, because literally everyone except Wii U users are experiencing this.

It used to be that before releasing a game, they checked through it for faults and if there were a substantial amount, they'd spend a bit longer fixing it and ironing out the bugs before releasing it.

NOW, they get the game out the door as soon as possible and leaving fixing it to patches at a later date. And it seems that now they're not even doing that. Devs just don't care about their finished product any more, and either not buying or returning the products really is the only way of sending a clear message that we're not going to put up with it.

This kind of thing doesn't happen in any other industry - when you buy a TV from a store and it's broken or defective out of the box, you take it back to the store. The store sold you the defective product, and they then take it up with the manufacturer. If there are extreme cases where the store can't provide you with a refund or a replacement, you can take it up with the manufacturer yourself. Most products have a manufacturer's guarantee (despite what stores tell you, trying to sell you their own guarantee on top of it).

For some reason, in the videogames industry - as well as other electronic/digital industries - there seems to be this unspoken assumption that the same rules don't apply, simply becuase it's digital.
    The stance seems to be, now, that a "fault" with a bought video game would be a scratched disc, or a download code that doesn't work, etc etc. It seems to be taken as read that if the game runs, then it's "working", despite what virtual content on the disc is or is not working. It's like, "Oh, those are just bad aspects of the game" - in other words, it's a "bad game", rather than a broken one.

I for one think this is bull, broken is broken, whether it's broken plastic or broken code, if I've paid for either or both then I damn well expect them to work.

I'm going to take DE: HR - DC back to the store I bought it from next weekend, but I know for a fact the people behind the counter are going to tell me that these things do not constitue "broken" or "faulty" - "The Smartglass doesn't work? That's just how the dev has released it, the game is what it is." "It doesn't install? But it still runs - that's not a good enough reason for a refund..." they'll say. It's like if the fault exists in ALL copies of the game, then it's somehow validated as not qualifying as an actual "fault".
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One View Post
    I'm going to take DE: HR - DC back to the store I bought it from next weekend, but I know for a fact the people behind the counter are going to tell me that these things do not constitue "broken" or "faulty" - "The Smartglass doesn't work? That's just how the dev has released it, the game is what it is." "It doesn't install? But it still runs - that's not a good enough reason for a refund..." they'll say. It's like if the fault exists in ALL copies of the game, then it's somehow validated as not qualifying as an actual "fault".
    Strangely, when I bought my copy (and this was a giant Gamestop, that had only received four copies, lending to the theory that Square broke the street date or something along that line), the guy made it very clear that I could return the copy as a new game (stuck a new/sealed sticker and wrote something on the receipt)… kind of raised his eyebrows a bit… almost as though he knew something was up with this release.

I've heard a person who bought the DC on Amazon successfully return it, citing launch bugs as the reason why.

Unhappy Missing link section causes xbox to crash

Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff but I was curious if anyone has experienced Deus ex HR Directors cut freezing up their xbox on the mission where you have to redirect the gas flow in the missing link section of the game? Mine freezes every time I bring up the inventory screen or try to change weapon. At first I thought it was a corrupt save data but this wasnt the case. It freezes in the same spot all the time, the room full of prisoners with the security tower in the middle.

I haven't gotten that far, but I just got to the mission where you have to find Sandoval… and right when I opened the door to trigger the cutscene with Sandoval (in the sewers), it went to a black screen, froze the xbox; had to hard reboot.

That happened with me too.

5 days and still not even a WORD on a patch...this isn't looking good, guys.

Yeah, they should have said something by now.

Part of me thinks they just fubared the whole two disc thing, release date, game ID in the xbox system, etc, and just wanted to grab some quick cash… As others have stated, they released it early so next-gen sales wouldn't cannabalize these versions, but they didn't really have any intention of supporting them. Just pushed them out the door, unfinished.

As someone else mentioned, a dashboard update would likely be needed to fix one of the problems (with two disc installation), etc, and I don't see it happening over a game that, according to some vendors, isn't even released yet.

The fact that they haven't even said a peep about any of this, is incredible. Nearly ALL the features that differentiate the Director's Cut from the original version are unusable or absent, plus the additional bugs and quirks (no install, in-game bugs, etc). And yet they're selling it to people who already own the game AND DLC, for $30!

And not so much as a tiny announcement of "we're looking into this", or anything along that line? Really?

This entire thing WREAKS of class action lawsuit, and they deserve it. I've never seen such a big mess so poorly handled. Good thing I've got this handy law license… I may just look into this.

Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post

I've never seen such a big mess so poorly handled.
    Well....Aliens: Colonial Marines....but this is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post
    And not so much as a tiny announcement of "we're looking into this", or anything along that line? Really?
    Yeah. Really... Oh, wait:

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    We're keeping an eye on these, they will be passed along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    Seconded.

And I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I tweaked the thread title to say "Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here" so new people can see this is the correct thread to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by epedneault View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am jumping on ALL those issues and this will not be overlooked!
    We are already aware on some of these things, like the Smartglass issue that should be fixed very soon.
    Don't hesitate to continue reporting all problems / your concerns; especially to Jerion who is doing a tremendous job working with us to help make things move forward.
    Those three are from this thread. Two Moderators, and Emile Pedneault, Chief Designer of the DX DC.

Don't get me wrong, complain where it is due, but at least look at the thread before saying that something reeks...
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    Yeah. Really... Oh, wait:

Those three are from this thread. Two Moderators, and Emile Pedneault, Chief Designer of the DX DC.

Don't get me wrong, complain where it is due, but at least look at the thread before saying that something reeks...
    True, good points, but a few replies to one thread in a forum (that is about to migrate to a new forum) is not really an announcement. They should make a formal PR announcement; it should be news on IGN, etc; I think that would make it a bit more "official", no? It would mean the company as a whole has acknowledged there are problems and that they are actively working to fix them. Maybe even shed a little light into the whats and whys of these problems, since they're very strange (not merely the kind of usual in-game bugs); I think that would pacify people a lot.

Actually, they have only acknowledged there are problems and they are looking into them. But are they going to fix them, like the HDD install? Without an official announcement--even a week after the game came out--I'm starting to have my doubts.

Well, we finally got our answers in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

And you're not gonna like the answer:
    (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
    The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

This answer boggles my mind, because the 360 does allow two disc installations. Games like Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 are split across 2 discs that can be installed. I'm sure there are several more as well.

Since the Director's Cut is unplayable on my 360, I will proceed to return it. I suggest others with my problem to do the same.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: merged double post

Well, we finally got our answers in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140084

And you're not gonna like the answer:
    (360) Disc 1 & Disc 2 cannot be installed to the HDD.
    The Xbox 360 console system does not allow two disc installations.

This answer boggles my mind, because the 360 does allow two disc installations. Games like Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, and The Witcher 2 are split across 2 discs that can be installed. I'm sure there are several more as well.

Since the Director's Cut is unplayable on my 360, I will proceed to return it. I suggest others with my problem to do the same.
    Yeah, that is completely bogus. I've installed many two-game discs… There's just something about the way they programmed it that's making it not an option.

The whole "sharing the ID" with the original game (in response to Achievements) pretty much explains the SmartGlass and other issues.

They really just botched this, completely.

Ya know what kills me the most? Listening to some of the developer commentary, where they talk about stuff they were going to do, and had like 90% finished, but cut out of the game (like upper Hengsha)… Wouldn't this have been the perfect opportunity to put this BACK in the game? Wouldn't that really make it a "Director's Cut"?

All I've seen so far from this "Director's Cut", vs the original, is that

1) You can't install it to the hard drive
    2) It has developer commentary
    3) Marginally different boss fights
    4) Sort-of-fixed energy recharge/usage system
    5) Bad texture popup due to streaming from the DVD

All the stuff I really bought it for is broken or missing…

-Smartglass/Second Screen
    -"Upgraded graphics"
    -New Achievements etc
    -Didn't some marketing material mention new augs?
    -Something better than the original

If they'd announced that the CD Install would be fixed, I might have held on to it just to get to hear the commentary. But without even any hope of that, I'm definitely returning my copy

I registered just to say that I have never played this game. I wanted to, so I bought the director's cut since it promised to be the definitive version. To find out its broken... completely, and the dev's have no intention of fixing it is really disappointing.

The worst part is, I called Microsoft Support, they weren't really aware of the game, and the only record they have is of the original version. It seems this would be an easy fix; just give them a new Game ID(?), with the new achievements, same as the PS3 version.

I've been keeping mine factory sealed for the past week in case this happened. I'll be taking it back tomorrow as well.

You could buy the vanilla version seeing as you never played the game before. Really cheap now and at least you can install that version to the hard drive.

You could buy the vanilla version seeing as you never played the game before. Really cheap now and at least you can install that version to the hard drive.
    Agreed. And if you buy the downloadable one from the XBL store, you get all the DLC except the Missing Link add-on (the Augmented Pack, Explosive Pack, whatever)

So basically the game doesn't exist in Microsoft's eyes?
    how will they patch it then? arrrg, why did I buy the xbox360 copy of the director's cut, should had waited and seen which platform was the best to buy on, Gotta stop Pre-ordering games!
    At least I haven't opened the wrapper on it yet and the seal, might be able to get most of my money back on it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast