Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here

I agree completely. I have no problem paying for something that someone spent time and money on, but I want the finished product to at least performed the way it should. That only seems fair.

Default Looking into it

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am jumping on ALL those issues and this will not be overlooked!
    We are already aware on some of these things, like the Smartglass issue that should be fixed very soon.
    Don't hesitate to continue reporting all problems / your concerns; especially to Jerion who is doing a tremendous job working with us to help make things move forward.

+1 for the idea that it could have been released as DLC of some kind, since the PC version is "patchable"/upgradable to the Director's Cut version.

Quote Originally Posted by metarmor View Post
    I apologize in advance for the long winded post. I hate them myself.

The pooch was screwed from the beginning. Here’s how it should have went down:

The Director’s cut on Xbox 360 and PS3 versions should have been offered strictly as DLC. Even though Xbox and PS3 can't distinguish a used disc from a new disc, it least it will require the game in some form. It's better not to screw your loyal customers then it is to punish douches (or a bird in the hand, blah blah blah). Even if a game is used, there’s an opportunity to make money on DLC multiple times by the used game passing multiple hands. For example: If I buy the original game used, and then buy the Director's Cut as DLC; I can then play it and sell the disc. The next person buys the disc that I just bought and has the opportunity to purchase the Director's Cut DLC as well (and the chain goes on). By releasing it on disc, sales were cannibalized on the existing DLC as well as the original game anyway. This shows the company was willing to accept some form of cannibalization. By releasing strictly as DLC, there’s the same cannibalization (since people would likely buy used and the Director’s Cut contains all of the existing DLC), just not screwing the existing loyalty. I would suspect a lower priced DLC would net more buyers (original game holders as well as the scenario above) to make up for the price difference, especially since less folks would be pissed and more of them would be likely to revisit the game. We have yet to solve the problem of people who've already paid for all of the DLC before Directors Cut. Perhaps two versions of DLC for the Director’s Cut could have been done? One containing all of the original DLC and another with just the add-ons (like PC).

The only disc version for sixty bucks should have been for the Wii since the game was never on the platform. These users likely wouldn't be so irritated at the price since there’s no thirty dollar disk on other platforms to compare it to. They’d still be getting a deal since they get everything the game has to offer since its creation. Instead of being me (Augmented Edition $70, All DLC roughly $30, Directors Cut $30 = $130)
    PC seems to be the only place it was done perfectly.

You can thank me for solving your problems in the form of a check made out to Mr. Awesome. (Just kidding, I’m sure the problem is actually more complicated than this) My point is, it likely could have been better thought out.

The worst part is there’s no official statement from the company simply acknowledging that it had to rake it’s loyalty over the coals for one reason or another. It’s as if they didn’t even see it as a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post
    Agreed…

Where is Eidos on this? Where is the patch and back-end (Microsoft-side) fixes? Clearly there is confusion about what game this is; since is shares Achievements, etc, and shows the same "Game Details" as the vanilla DE.

Someone has said that the PS3/PC versions give you all new achievements (trophies, whatever), and that the 360 version was probably intended to do so.

I actually work in software for a living, so I have a good hunch about what's going on here; but it is really, really bad PR to not acknowledge the problem, promise any fixes, etc. There should be a patch (both front end and back end) by now… This isn't a massive ordeal to fix; the game is basically the same.

On a side note, I will say, I have experienced two things I never experienced in the two versions I owned before (Augmented Edition - Disc, installed, and the Downloadable edition from the xbox store); major texture pop-in, and often missing dialogue/subtitles, as well as wireless communications (up in the upper right) starting and ending abruptly in less than a second. So there are some glitches to fix, as well. But getting this to ID properly so it can be used with Smartglass, and enabling HD install, would be #1 priorities if it were up to me...
    I think the "phantom" audio crackles/popups are supposed to be indicators where the commentary can be accessed when it's turned on.
    XBL: TheNamelessOne

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    And I hope the OP doesn't mind, but I tweaked the thread title to say "Director's Cut: Xbox 360 Version - Technical Issues - report problems here" so new people can see this is the correct thread to use.
    I don't mind The change also indicates that these issues are being looked into, which was why I created the topic in the first place. And I'm thankful that the thread is being used as an aggregate that will hopefully solve these problems faster.

Quote Originally Posted by johnston View Post
    On a side note, I will say, I have experienced two things I never experienced in the two versions I owned before (Augmented Edition - Disc, installed, and the Downloadable edition from the xbox store); major texture pop-in, and often missing dialogue/subtitles, as well as wireless communications (up in the upper right) starting and ending abruptly in less than a second. So there are some glitches to fix, as well. But getting this to ID properly so it can be used with Smartglass, and enabling HD install, would be #1 priorities if it were up to me...
    Missing dialogue and subtitles? That is worrisome to hear. Can you provide a specific example?

Quote Originally Posted by epedneault View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know that I am jumping on ALL those issues and this will not be overlooked!
    We are already aware on some of these things, like the Smartglass issue that should be fixed very soon.
    Don't hesitate to continue reporting all problems / your concerns; especially to Jerion who is doing a tremendous job working with us to help make things move forward.
    Good news to hear. And I want to thank everyone helping with these issues.

Hello

I also registered account for the reason of sharing my problems with smartglass.
    I played before pure DX IW on my xbox, but it wasn't installed on HDD. Now after putting DX DC in drive it pretended as new game (no savegames from old game in game menu). So for me it looked as recognised as completley new game. So to the issue, smartglass is not working, tried on my HTC and tablet, both worked same wrong way. Why wrong way ? Because they appeared as being connected to Xbox but they were only displaying standard xbox control buttons on which game did not reacted at all, but in the game (while smartglass device was connected) I was not able to use any door keypad. While tried, Adam was turning his back to keypad so I could not see keypad. After disconnecting smartglass, situation was back to normal.

Smartglass feature does not work.

I've tried on 3 different devices and the smartglass feature doesn't work on any

I feel ripped off. If you advertise a feature you should make sure it works before releasing the game

In General with the Xbox Smartglass, I always had issues with that. But still, it should work. I'm still holding off on buying the DC, specifically because of the HDD install not being possible (well, and the Energy Management). I'd love to play this again, but not from disc.

But it's good to know that Emile is here and looks at stuff. Hopefully that will speed up things.
    http://vgbastard.blogspot.de/-- a blog for gamers of a certain maturity
    http://lunartiktales.blogspot.de/ -- weirdly cute Webcartoons

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    In General with the Xbox Smartglass, I always had issues with that. But still, it should work. I'm still holding off on buying the DC, specifically because of the HDD install not being possible (well, and the Energy Management). I'd love to play this again, but not from disc.

But it's good to know that Emile is here and looks at stuff. Hopefully that will speed up things.
    The install problem might be unfixable by a patch.

Eidos have messed up the discs.

Because they haven't separated the achievements for the original game and the directors cut the Xbox system is getting confused preventing the disc from installing and smartglass from working.

I fear we will have to wait for Microsoft to release another dashboard update before we can install the game. And to fix smartglass they would somehow have to allow the game disc to have their own set of achievements. Either that or allow smartglass features to work with the original version of the game as well.

That may be the cause of the installation problem, or possibly not. We can't be sure until we hear an official statement on the matter.

(If it was by design, I hope there is a way of patching it.)

Well, and this is pure speculation on my part, but I find it hard to believe that they simply never tested the Smartglass on Xbox 360. You know, "The simulations all worked fine, let's ship it."

I would expect they tested it extensively, but maybe not with an Xbox connected to Live at the same time, just a LAN connection, not connected to the internet. Otherwise those issues would've cropped up there already.

As such, the issue might be either on MS's side or really be a lack of distinction between the games, confusing Xbox Live. Why that would prevent an HDD install, I would not know, though. Shouldn't it then simply think you're trying to install the original game?

But both of these should be patchable with a Title Update. Or simply by MS updating the game registry. There must be a way to distinguish the two versions, after all. Unless the first disc shipped in the DC is actually identical to the vanilla game release, with everything else on disc 2, but that wouldn't make much sense looking at the commentary and all.

And I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think Emile would say the smartglass issue would be fixed very soon, if there wasn't a way to do it. In my experience devs/companies are very, very careful about making such promises if they're not reasonably sure they can do it.

I hope...

I have no doubt the SmartGlass issue will be fixed. It's the install to HDD problem I'm worried about...

Quote Originally Posted by Raider of Souls View Post
    I have no doubt the SmartGlass issue will be fixed. It's the install to HDD problem I'm worried about...
    Yes. That would probably require a dashboard update.

This sort of thing has happened before.

With the game Crackdown there were two versions of the disc. One was the pre-order version that had a Beta for halo 3 on it and one was just crackdown.

The main one with just crackdown would install but the other version with the halo 3 beta on it would not install.

It took a dashboard update to allow both versions to install.

Well I sure am glad I didn't jump on the Director's Cut!
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

Yeah, the fact it doesn't install makes it broken - it really is ridiculous that this managed to get past quality control/testing - do Square Enix just not bother any more? The Smartglass not working is also unbelievable, considering it advertises this as a feature on the box - you'd think SOMEONE at SOME point would've tested it before shipping...I'll be taking my copy back to the store tomorrow for a refund, and I urge everyone else to do the same - I'm actually disgusted at this.

And before any mods or representatives tell me "it's being looked into"....yeah, I won't hold my breath - after seeing Dead Space 3's multitude of game-breaking bugs go completely disregarded, and all emails, message board posts and feedback from multitudes of players completely ignored, I have no faith whatsoever in devs/publisher's customer care. If they cared about their customers or their products they wouldn't ship these games with such obvious flaws in them - this isn't some flickering texture or missing sound effect, the ability to install a game is a basic requirement, and I myself cannot play games without installing them.

So yeah, thanks for screwing us over SE/Eidos.

It won't make any difference to me, as I'll be returning my copy for a refund tomorrow, but on the off chance that someone DOES "look into" these bugs, here's a tip on something that, while it may or may not be a glitch/bug, is FREAKING annoying - I had to swap discs after the prologue. The PROLOGUE. We're talking 5 minutes of game play here. I can only assume the rest of the game requires these disc swaps throughout.

Disc swapping is not only unnessecary, it's retarded - I really don't know why so many devs haven't realised they could use Disc 2 as a "DLC disc" and simply install everything from it onto the hard drive, and then run the entire game off of Disc 1 - so far, as far as I'm aware, the only two games with dev's with the brains to do this have been Halo 4 and GTA5 - EVERY other developer seems to think swapping a disc even when both are installed to the hard drive is perfectly reasonable. It isn't. It's retarded.

But then, DE:HR DC can't even be installed at all to begin with, so I guess THAT retarded glitch takes priority...

Oh yeah, I also noticed, on my copy at least, that the "Making Of" video doesn't work (which actually made me laugh, it's hilarious that even THAT doesn't work...). It only appears in the menu of Disc 2, when I click on it, it tells me to "insert Disc 1". When I insert Disc 1, it disappears from the menu. Genius.

I'm getting a mental image of the offices at Square Enix/Eidos Montreal consisting of a bunch of clowns on unicycles...is that fair of me?
    Last edited by Viktoria; 06-21-2014 at 11:03 AM. Reason: merged triple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maiden Ty One View Post
    Oh yeah, I also noticed, on my copy at least, that the "Making Of" video doesn't work (which actually made me laugh, it's hilarious that even THAT doesn't work...). It only appears in the menu of Disc 2, when I click on it, it tells me to "insert Disc 1". When I insert Disc 1, it disappears from the menu. Genius.

I'm getting a mental image of the offices at Square Enix/Eidos Montreal consisting of a bunch of clowns on unicycles...is that fair of me?
    Strange. The making of video works for me.

Well, Jerion or Emile, is that true with the disc-changing? By God, that sounds horrible. It's not like people are just sitting next to their Boxes.

Disc-Changing is the Bane of Videogaming...

Yeah, SmartGlass integration is non existent and it actually breaks the inventory screen when SmartGlass is connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
    Well I sure am glad I didn't jump on the Director's Cut!
    Needed emphasis on jump for greater comical effect.

Well, they are only human, bless them. New shinyness then they want it it. We , however, are Deus Ex Machinas, and do not make such decisions without supreme knowledge & logic

Bow to the illuminated ones, mortals.

Personally, I wish people would stop complaining about the energy consumption. They FIXED this as far as I'm concerned. It works MUCH better. I always used to buy the recharge-2, recharge-3 mod, and never understood why they didn't charge up more than one cell.

It makes a lot more sense to have two cells charge up freely, without having to eat a snickers, etc. Granted, it would be a bit better if takedowns and other stuff didn't cost energy at all, but who cares? It's still an improvement.

The biggest issue right now is getting Smartglass, the game ID internally (in the XBox), and the HD Install working… The load times are driving me nuts and the real reason I played through a fifth time was to do hacks and cool stuff via a second screen (iPad/Smartglass, in my case, which connects fine to the Xbox–I can even control the game; just not getting true second secreen functionality).

Lastly, I love the commentary option, but is there a way to "remove" points that have already been listened to, or at least make them skippable when you realized you've just replayed one you've already heard and it's five minutes long?

It works for me.

I had to swap discs after the prologue. The PROLOGUE. We're talking 5 minutes of game play here. I can only assume the rest of the game requires these disc swaps throughout.
    I wouldn't assume you have to disc swap constantly throughout the entire game. If someone knows, could they chime in? If I had to guess, the Director's Cut is probably a tad over the limit for one DVD, so they put as little as they could on Disc 1 (with "Making of Video") so once you put in Disc 2, you won't have to swap back.

So after playing a good bit (just got to china the first time) and I got to say I very disappointed in this version of the game. There are just too many problems with this version of the game. I forgot how long the load times are and not being able to install the game just makes it worse. Also there seems to be way more pop ups and issues in this version of the game. When going into the apartments in Detroit, the rooms would take about 15 seconds to load because before hand it would be empty (just the walls and floor, no furniture or anything). I also have been having weird delays when swapping weapons and equipment, I'll swap weapon but it'll take about 3-5 seconds to swap and sometimes the weapon will not equip, so I'll have to reload a save to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider of Souls View Post
    It works for me.

I wouldn't assume you have to disc swap constantly throughout the entire game. If someone knows, could they chime in? If I had to guess, the Director's Cut is probably a tad over the limit for one DVD, so they put as little as they could on Disc 1 (with "Making of Video") so once you put in Disc 2, you won't have to swap back.
    If you want to access the Tutorials on the main menu you have to put disc 1 back into the XBOX.

Can we please tone down the argument over energy management? This thread is about technical issues that make the Xbox 360 version of the Director's Cut broken for people. This is not the place for a discussion over gameplay design decisions. Use this thread for that: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116

Quote Originally Posted by P4NCH0theD0G View Post
    I'd also be interested to know, if the DC will become available as "Game on Demand" Download - something that could possibly circumvent these issues altogether. Well, except the Energy Management :P
    Making another GonD version would be one way to go. Or since the PC version was able to be "augmented" to become the DC, from the way it sounds with the cheap upgrade they offered, making a DLC bundle to "convert" the regular one to the Director's Cut would be even better.

If they did make DLC to upgrade the original version, I'd pick it up so that I wouldn't need discs to play (since I already own the GonD version too).

This is a technical issues thread, not a place for design discussions. Off-topic posts have not been deleted, but instead moved to an appropriate thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=138116

Carry on.
    signature imagesignature image

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast