Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Dual Screen" function on PC version of Director's Cut is missing

@The OP, I'm posting this information in your thread because it may be of use to you. I also posted in the patch thread but don't know if you've read that thread or not.

OK, I have a major update. I spoke with a lawyer at Edelson PC and had a very lengthy, interesting and supportive conversation with him about all of this. If you don't know of the firm you should because they are the firm behind the Battlefield 4 class action suit and the recent Kill Zone Shadow Fall lawsuit.

I can pass his name and contact info on to you and will give you exact instructions on what to do if you're willing to participate. I won't openly discuss our conversation, and received clear instructions on what to do and what not to do.

PC and 360 users, who do not have second screen and smartglass functionality need to send me a PM ASAP. PS3 users, you'll probably have to wait, we'll see, but right now PC and 360 users who do NOT have second screen or smartglass functionality are the focus and they need to send me a PM ASAP.

Pass me the popcorn, please.

(this post will be gone in 3...2...1...)
    "Buy Broccoli And LUBE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shralla View Post
    Given that it is now seven months later...
    Yeah, time flies.
    I presume the ball is in Intel's court?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    Yeah, time flies.
    No. The contract was obviously terminated/redacted/whatever.

Whatever it is with Intel not deliviering (?) their end to their business partners in the industry, will be Eidos' thing. This one however will be about Eidos wrong doings in terms of false advertising targeted at end customers. Should be obvious.
    "Buy Broccoli And LUBE!"

Yeah, time flies.
    In their court to release the patch you were talking about, of which second screen functionality is only a small part? I don't think so. They could release plenty of patches and updates and fixes without Intel's help at all.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz

Afaik, patches have been released since that post I quoted from Freyja.
    My bad, I thought the main concern was dual screen - as per thread title - so presumed it is Intel that has caused the delay. I don't know though; that's why I put a question mark at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by -=fox=- View Post
    This one however will be about Eidos wrong doings in terms of false advertising targeted at end customers.
    I always thought that false advertising would mean a given company knew ahead of any advertisement that they couldn't deliver the goods.
    signature image

Afaik, patches have been released since that post I quoted from Freyja.
    My bad, I thought the main concern was dual screen - as per thread title - so presumed it is Intel that has caused the delay. I don't know though; that's why I put a question mark at the end.

I always thought that false advertising would mean a given company knew ahead of any advertisement that they couldn't deliver the goods.
    You mean ahead of releasing their product and before people actually began paying money for it based on that promise? Maybe but it's been on the market for months, customers paid for it and it's still being advertised falsley. Especially with Eidos doing nothing at all to remedy the situation although specifically being made aware of it a long time ago. Well, I'm no lawyer but this looks pretty bad to me.
    "Buy Broccoli And LUBE!"

I'm no lawyer either... nor a techie... I need help here.
    Am I right or wrong to presume all the cogs and wheels are in place within the game (via the Options menu) to run dual-screen, but Intel have not released the software to make it possible?
    signature image

I'm no lawyer either... nor a techie... I need help here.
    Am I right or wrong to presume all the cogs and wheels are in place within the game (via the Options menu) to run dual-screen, but Intel have not released the software to make it possible?
    We don't know, there is not a single reference in-game to the Second Screen feature, the Options menu is just like DXHR vanilla's. But that may not still rule out the chance of it being in the depths of the code?

Okay, thanks. I presumed the means is there already - but only because I've seen videos showing dual monitors in use and read threads on forums about getting it working with vita (whatever that is).
    As far as I can remember, people were saying dual screen only works if you have an Intel PC. Not sure if that's correct though.
    signature image

Dual-screen is available on the consoles, but not on the PC. That's what the Intel software was supposed to provide. Mind you, I have no interest in dual-screen technology personally, but I do feel bad for those who purchased the DC wanting that specific feature, and now it seems they'll be denied it.

If Intel have not yet released the software.. then it appears to be Intel who are ultimately responsible.
    signature image

I believe the point they were making above, is not that SE or EM is responsible for the lack of dual-screen functionality, but that they're responsible for continuing to advertise it as a feature of the DC. Even though it's been fairly evident for a while now that it's not coming any time soon, if ever.

Sure... though "not coming soon" doesn't equate to "not coming at all",.... legally speaking.
    I'm not an expert obviously but presume all the details on the box and manuals etc won't be amended because they were printed en-masse and, at the time of printing, the details were truthful... and still intend to be so. SE/EM would only need to amend said details if Intel actually officially said to them "Hey guys, its not going to happen now, sorry.... blah blah". This update could be passed on to the consumer. As it goes, I presume Intel still intend to launch this product.

Either way, it would be nice to get some sort of update from Intel and/or SE/EM about this issue.
    Last edited by Viktoria; 08-10-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: one "the" too many.... :-)
    signature image

Thumbs down still waiting !!

Quote Originally Posted by epedneault View Post
    Hey everyone,

The Dual screen will be possible because of Intel who is developing / producing the technology;
    That is to say it is in their hands, but I will reach them to have more information.
    I will also make the necessary steps for steam description.
    Thank you for hinting at that!
    still waiting !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
    Dual-screen is available on the consoles, but not on the PC.
    This is not entirely correct. There is no smartglass function on the 360 version of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lorian777 View Post
    still waiting !!
    I'm afraid that it will be just like waiting for Half-Life 3 at this rate. :V

If Eidos at least stopped false-advertising it since it seems obvious they simply forgot about DXHRDC, I'd be so happy.

By the way, Watch_Dogs has this online mode where the guy playing on PC fights against one playing on mobile, and it's *** sweet with zero lag, and it simply works through wi-fi (hell, you don't even need to be on the same network, it's online), not some overcomplicated code like the one Intel was writting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123