Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project proposal for TR's 20th anniversary; helloooo Meagan Marie, LOOK here

Default Project proposal for TR's 20th anniversary; helloooo Meagan Marie, LOOK here

We're just 3 years away. 3 years to celebrating Tomb Raider's 20th anniversary. In a medium this young that is one hell of a milestone. And while I'm sure CD, Eidos, and Square Enix will go about their plans to commemorate the moment, I suddenly had this inspiration for an idea I want to present here, a proposal to CD.

Over the years Lara has been represented in the flesh by 9 ladies lucky enough to be the real life face of Lara Croft. So during that hallmark year in 2016, would be a great time to bring them together (from Rhona Mitra to Alison Carroll) for an ensemble photo shoot.

"awww, come Adobe Artist, this has been done before, how is this so special?"

Oh ye of little faith, did you think my vision so narrow?

While gathering the complete cast of official promo models to be in one shot would be cool in and of itself (it didn't happen with Alison before), c'mon... this is the 20th Anniversary!!! Oh I think we can do better than that.

Because Lara has been represented not just by Eidos in official media, but by some incredibly talented fans in the community via COSPLAY. Oh yes, I think they should get their due, and there are some out there who have fostered their own "celebrity" status on the internet, who are well known among fans for their amazing portrayals. I'm talking Tiphaine (aka illyne on deviant art), Jenn Croft, Tanya Croft, Lena Lara, Dayna Baby Lou, and this simply would not be complete without our own beloved Meagan Marie who has graced the scene with her depiction of Tokyo dress Lara

There are of course others, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head for now.

Just imagine the photo composition, all 9 official promo models together with a plethora of well known and established cosplayers representing the fandom of the community, combining their talents in one ultimate depiction to the legacy of Lara Croft. Now THAT's a 20th anniversary tribute to THE lady of gaming!!!!

Now my original concept was this ensemble cast in one gigantic spread, to see them all together for the first time on such a huge scale. But as I kept on thinking about this I considered... with this rare opportunity having them all in one spot, there is so much more we could do with this. Liiiiiiiiike... making a commemorative calendar to be sold on the TR store. To make it diverse, this wouldn't be the whole cast in 12 different compositions, but to mix it up with 1 cosplayer paired up with 1 promo model in a duet composition for each month. So many possibilities here.

This is an ambitious undertaking I'll grant you, especially with some of these cosplayers coming from diverse settings that includes France, Australia, and the Ukraine. So with my proposal, I'm pleading to CD/Eidos/SE to fund this project, and see how it would be worthwhile to provide the air travel for the distant cosplayers and bring them all together for the group shoot to end all Tomb Raider shoots. Oh... and maybe you can bring little ol me in as the ummm... creative director on this undertaking?

So Meagan, I ask your attention on this, as it's not possible without you. You my dear are the insider source, our direct line to the offices of Crystal Dynamics, that this idea can be passed forward, that contact can be made with all the models and cosplayers (and so many end out invitations to)... and the wheels can be set in motion.

This is something that can be done, that should be done, that MUST be done. For Lara. For the fans!!
    signature image

Lots and lots of views here. Soooooo.... any thoughts? Anybody?

and yes, you can feel free to shout out "reach exceeding his grasp"
    signature image

Promo models AND Voice Actresses

Noice oidea mayte

Tomb Raider II remake with next-gen engine for 2016. Please let it be true.

I love the idea in the OP. It's been done before, yes, but if they manage to go through with this one (official models + cosplayers), can I please ask that they're all in character? Different ensembles too, so as to represent the many different adventures over the last 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    I love the idea in the OP. It's been done before, yes, but if they manage to go through with this one (official models + cosplayers), can I please ask that they're all in character? Different ensembles too, so as to represent the many different adventures over the last 20 years.
    That's exactly my idea. With that many models and cosplayers together, we could have the full spectrum of Lara's fashion; from all the defaults (LAU), to wetsuits, catsuits, arctic gear, desert outfits, denim, dresses, and so on.

OR... just something that occurred to me a couple hours ago, 3 themed sets;

* Adventure theme - so all the mission outfits we're familiar with

* Style & Glamor - a mix of dresses, very contrasted to the first concept of sporty and adventuring, this is the cultured and sophisticated side of Lara. While you'd expect the Tokyo and opera house dresses, but to avoid repetition the other models could have the freedom to model any dress of their choosing that fits Lara's classy and smart image.

* Casual - This would be all the ladies relaxed in casual attire, simply being just themselves, and not trying to be Lara. Both figuratively and literally they can let their hair down for this

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Promo models AND Voice Actresses
    *thwaps head*

Now why didn't I think of that?? Of course my concept is around those who represented Lara in the flesh, assuming her appearance from various styles and eras. And the photo composition is mainly centered all the ladies portraying Lara. Not sure how that would work in the visual theme. OK, so we know Camilla could easily pull a Lara look in adventure and after hours, the rest not so sure about in that context.
    signature image

i would like them to remake all the tomb raiders for the next gen systems and have a special disk, or set of disks, with special behind the scenes, soundtracks, fan art, etc..

i know it would be a big task, but it would be so worth it for the fans since very few critics thought she would last this long, especially when tomb raider 3 didnt do as well as hoped.

Just re-make favorite/ most iconic locations from each game up to AOD (yaaas).

But do it with the reboot mechanics and a remade classic Lara (THOUGH STILL KEEP THE LEVEL DESIGN WITH KEYS AND STUFF).

Essentially.

Great ideas. I'm for it.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

How funny! I found myself thinking about TR's 20th this past weekend and brainstorming some fun stuff we could do. I'm not committing to anything so far out, but feel free to keep dumping ideas here! I love hearing how you guys would like to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    How funny! I found myself thinking about TR's 20th this past weekend and brainstorming some fun stuff we could do. I'm not committing to anything so far out, but feel free to keep dumping ideas here! I love hearing how you guys would like to celebrate.
    Surely as an accomplished cosplayer yourself, my proposal strikes a chord with you
    signature image

Am I the only who Fangirls when Meagan comments on threads? xD
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    You're not alone (except I fanboy, )
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Nope I do too!

Loving the ideas by the way, it will be exciting to see how the 20th Anniversary is celebrated
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    You're not alone (except I fanboy, )
    No... nu, it's still called Fangirling. :3
    signature image

How about a port of all the classics, in "HD" to Xbox One, and PS4?
    I'd say Xbox 360 as well, but 3 years down the line we'll be well into next gen.

Or something to do with all of the voice actors. I'd love to hear from them since they never really got recognition back then.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    We can't celebrate without your help. And the best celebration could be a Tomb Raider II remake.

Would CD remake an old TR, considering that the reboot is here and TR10 is in production?

Having said that, as the next gen consoles are more PC-based architecture maybe remaking it won't be such a task. I guess what would be cool would be to see the old TR's 1-6 (though I could live without AoD lol) be updated and released for Xbox One/Xbox 360/PS3/PS4,
    Gamersrespawn 21+ Gaming Community Fun Play Enjoy Respect
    signature image

SO the forums are back from that week long hiatus, and I just don't want to see this project proposal fall off the wayside. The 20th Anniversary is a BIG deal.

Tomb Raider and Lara needs a standout way to commemorate that, and this is something that shows how Lara has gone beyond the gaming medium, and really made an impact in people's lives, so much so that she became such a powerful influence to have so many emulating her in their real lives.

I also thought of a name for this, to call it "The Many Faces of Lara Croft". C'mooooooon Meagan and Crystal Dynamics, let's see this dream realized

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    How about a port of all the classics, in "HD" to Xbox One, and PS4?
    I'd say Xbox 360 as well, but 3 years down the line we'll be well into next gen.

Or something to do with all of the voice actors. I'd love to hear from them since they never really got recognition back then.
    omg. Imagine TR1-5 for Next Gen. AHHH. <3

A new year begins and that means we're just 2 years away from that 20th Anniversary landmark. So here I am just doing what I can, in my own little way on a forum, to get this endeavor off the ground.

Let's do it for the cosplayers who deserve recognition for making Lara a mainstream icon.
    Let's do this for the fans who took a series and made a community out of it.
    Let's do this for... LARA
    signature image

What I'd actually like to see for the 20th anniversary is a new game, but not the full length thing you are doubtless thinking of!

Around the time of TR4, a small promotional game was made for The Times newspaper. It's not very long, but it's well worth playing, for those of you who have never heard of it.

A small free game, released as a celebration of the anniversary would seem like a very nice thank you to fans, and also provide a taster that may entice other gamers to try TR if they have not done so already.

In my ideal version, Lara does a bit of a 'Guardian Of Light' and teams up with another notable British icon - either James Bond or The Doctor - for the adventure. I suspect that may not prove too easy to do though, unfortunately.
    signature image

Nice idea for a thread, AA

Once TR10 picks up steam and that forum section becomes more popular than this one, remind us to move your thread there!

As for the remake wishes - I'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I doubt that is a realistic wish. There was already a remake of TR1 and it didn't do all that well. Besides, do we not all rather want CD to fully focus on TR10/TR11?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Wow, just to think... 20 years. It feels weird saying it, 20 years. 15 was big, but now it's 20 years!

But, I think it'd be great if all original games were ported to the current generation of consoles. No, I don't mean remastered or whatever, just the original ones. It would be great to play it on the PS4.
    Last edited by Woogiemush; 01-26-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    signature image
    Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast