Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project proposal for TR's 20th anniversary; helloooo Meagan Marie, LOOK here

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    As for the remake wishes - I'd hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I doubt that is a realistic wish. There was already a remake of TR1 and it didn't do all that well. Besides, do we not all rather want CD to fully focus on TR10/TR11?
    Idk if you're referring to my post, or what Larafan said maybe confused you, but I wasn't saying to remake them, I'm saying HD ports of the classics. I don't think it would take up much of their resources since they can port TR1 to the iphone/ipad and do the definitive edition whilst still maintaining development of the sequel. Plus 20 years is a big milestone and we wouldn't be celebrating anything if it weren't for the classics!

Quote Originally Posted by 220_Volts View Post
    Idk if you're referring to my post, or what Larafan said maybe confused you, but I wasn't saying to remake them, I'm saying HD ports of the classics. I don't think it would take up much of their resources since they can port TR1 to the iphone/ipad and do the definitive edition whilst still maintaining development of the sequel. Plus 20 years is a big milestone and we wouldn't be celebrating anything if it weren't for the classics!
    Hmm, thing is, the classics were made so long ago, there might not be any HD assets readily available, and thus all the textures would have to be made from scratch, if so. I imagine that would indeed take up a lot of resources.

With the LAU trilogy it was different because those were more recent, meaning higher resolution textures available than with the classics, probably. Plus different tools were used.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile

Why not make the 20th Anniversary with the Guardian of Light and the Temple of Osiris Graphics Engine, no need to Super HD it up like TR2013

I assume some minor things would be cut from the TR2 20TH Anniversary like the two T-REX Dinosaurs at the Wall of China from the Beginning of the Game since its strange that Nobody after 65 Billion Years never discovered Live ones.

Glad to see my thread in here now. When I first made this proposal last year, it was made in mind with Meagan Marie who was a community member and had contact with the powers that be in CD. Not to mention being a cosplayer herself. So she'd be our insider to get the wheels rolling on this.

But then I found out she left the fold so now I wonder how the proposal set here can reach the ears of CD and/ore SE, to create this commemoration project.

While I get the appeal of anniversary game remakes, it's just become something a bit common place that could be done for any game.

What I'm driving at is a testament to the legacy of Lara Croft herself, the impact she's made as a character on so many lives, that she's more than just a character, but really a role model.

And sure there was a collected photo shoot of the official promo models before, before Alison Carroll represented a game, but never in the scale of all of them AND a host of cosplayers (that out number the official models) who made a name representing Lara.

This is a testament that makes a statement of how influential Lara has been in the gaming landscape, simultaneously paying tribute to the community who honors her with such devotion. Basically giving them their much deserved due. Oh and I even came up with a name for it; The Many Faces of Lara Croft

Of course the 20th Anniversary being a major milestone, the celebrations and tributes need not be limited to just this. I should think Square Enix find it appropriate to extend a sizable budget towards this celebration. Even other simple projects like a collected gallery of the fan art which has grown over the years, which is yet another community tribute.

Perhaps the anniversary games could be made, though I think it would make more sense to pay tribute to them in the form of a retrospective video; revisiting all the titles in sequence through a a guided narrative, covering the historical relevance and covering the evolution of the character and the directions her numerous adventures has taken her. This would also free the dev teams to focus on making still newer games

But again, without that one special community member who had the inside track to CD itself, how to get the initiative going now?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    I assume some minor things would be cut from the TR2 20TH Anniversary like the two T-REX Dinosaurs at the Wall of China from the Beginning of the Game since its strange that Nobody after 65 Billion Years never discovered Live ones.
    What on earth are you talking about?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile

Remember in TR2, there was this Chasm with the 2 T-Rexs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msFduhxZleI

lol I know TR2 quite well, so I'm aware of the T-rex's in the game

I was asking why you think they would have to be cut from a possible remake

Because reasons, of course.

-

Re the topic, in light of recent announcements...

We're still two years away of the 20th, if that timeframe was shorter I think they could release a comemorative DLC pack for ToO with four levels inspired by TR2 or something (not really TR1 because we had Anniversary the other time around, plus I still want isometric snowy environments lol).

Could be a way to look back into the past without breaking the narrative brought in with the new continuity, while at the same time breathing something different into ToO (not to mention, for the fansTM as well).

Never gonna happen though. Hope they do something though, even if merely symbolic as the 15th anniversary... in that case, however, they better start planning well ahead for the 25th. I want the Year of Lara.

I'd much rather have CD concentrate on making ROTTR and beyond that, rather than remaking past TR's

As for something to commemorate the 20th anniversary. This is probably wishful thinking, how about something similar to the Halo Master Chief Collection with all the games, for PS4, Xbone, Wii U & PC. But that's probably wishful thinking.
    Last edited by NSW pride; 06-23-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    If you are reading this signature, you have just wasted 3 seconds of your life

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    What I'd actually like to see for the 20th anniversary is a new game, but not the full length thing you are doubtless thinking of!

Around the time of TR4, a small promotional game was made for The Times newspaper. It's not very long, but it's well worth playing, for those of you who have never heard of it.

A small free game, released as a celebration of the anniversary would seem like a very nice thank you to fans, and also provide a taster that may entice other gamers to try TR if they have not done so already.

In my ideal version, Lara does a bit of a 'Guardian Of Light' and teams up with another notable British icon - either James Bond or The Doctor - for the adventure. I suspect that may not prove too easy to do though, unfortunately.
    I personally like this idea best. I'd even settle for another 'Chronicles' anthology-type game. I've always thought that was a good idea. Little self-contained stories that perhaps tie into main cannon (or even past cannons since this is a 20th anniversary we're talking about) a bit but not enough to disrupt/dispute the timeline, if that makes sense. Tho with the advent of DLC, I can see why a full-on physical release for a platform would probably not happen or be financially viable in the eyes of "The Suits".
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Now that Megan is back, it's also time to bring this proposal back, for our intrepid Community Manager to send to the attention of CrystalD and SE. 2014 is nearly departed and 2016 won't be too far off now. And these things do take time.

Megan, as not only a cosplayer but a fan of Tomb Raider, I just know in your heart you want this anniversary celebration that commemorates the community of TR.

Let's make this happen!!

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Now that Megan is back, it's also time to bring this proposal back, for our intrepid Community Manager to send to the attention of CrystalD and SE. 2014 is nearly departed and 2016 won't be too far off now. And these things do take time.

Megan, as not only a cosplayer but a fan of Tomb Raider, I just know in your heart you want this anniversary celebration that commemorates the community of TR.

Let's make this happen!!

I wonder if there will even be a big celebration, with the team being busy and all. I even forgot all about this thread.

However, you're so committed to making a celebration for the anniversary a sure thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12