IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL MEMBERS!
Wednesday, August 28th, 2013.
The Eidos Forums will migrate to a new system in the near future. This means that the forums may be temporarily unavailable during the testing and implementation phases. We aim to keep the downtime as short as possible.
Once the new system is in place, every member will have to take a few quick steps in order to access their forum account again. We will provide more information and detailed instructions on that soon. In the meantime, please make sure that your Eidos Forums registered email address is functional. This will be important to regain access to your account after the migration.
Click here http://forums.eidosgames.com/profile...o=editpassword to view your current forum email address, or go to your forum UserCP -> Settings & Options -> Edit Email & Password
If the address listed there is outdated and you no longer have access to it, please update it as soon as possible.
Additionally, if you haven't changed your forum password in a while, now would be a good time to do so, for security reasons. Also, please make sure that your forum password is strong and not easily guessable by others. To test the strength of your password, you can use this secure tool on the Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/secu...d-checker.aspx
Update Aug 28, 2013:
- There will be a way for members to contact the admins outside of the forums in case there are account related issues. It will be announced prior to / during the migration.
Update Sep 4, 2013:
- While the initial plan was to "start fresh", we understand that your contributions to this community are important and that you would like to see this preserved. So the team is working on a tool to migrate the posts from here over to the new system. The current plan is that once the new system is functional, members have to take a few quick steps to "synch accounts", and after that, you should once again have ownership of the posts you've made so far.
- To echo what some of you have posted earlier, I can confirm that we are "merging with the new SEF (Square Enix Forums)", to put it simply. Although a more nuanced answer is that in reality this place *has been* the official SE (Europe) forums for years already and we're simply updating URLs. When Eidos was acquired by SE back in 2009, Eidos the publisher did not exist anymore at that point, so for all practices and purposes, this place has functioned as one of the official SE forums for many years already, just not under that specific name. From 2009 until today we've merely kept the "Eidos Forums" title for practical reasons.
- The new system will be running vBulletin 4, which is faster and more secure than vB3 (our current forum engine) and also has some cool new features to boot (more on that later).
- Your existing Eidos Forums posts will remain intact here in the form of a locked archive, so to prevent a plethora of dead links on external sites across the web. We also plan to include permanent and prominent notices on said archive with links to the relevant new URLs, so that (new) visitors will know where to go if they want to join the community and participate in the existing discussions.
We hope that this update will put some of your concerns to rest. We value the input and the love that you guys have invested in our community here over the years, so the staff is working hard on making this migration as smooth as possible for everyone
Update, Feb 25, 2014:
We are still preparing the migration, but it is recommended to already register on the new system if you want to make sure your Eidos Forums nickname will not be taken by someone else before we migrate.
Follow this link to sign up on the new system. When the migration begins, you can use that account to synch with your Eidos Forums account and access your posts.
If however your nickname has already been taken, or if it's not possible to register it on the new system due to the nickname characters limitation, try to adjust it a little by for example using dashes, underscores or numbers. Please note that if someone else has already taken your EF nickname on SEF, it does not mean that your posts will go to that person; when migrating accounts, all your posts will automatically be assigned to your new SEF account, regardless of what your nickname is (the new system uses your email address to login instead of your nickname).