Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Thank you for clarifying that.

I also have a bit irrelevant question - is the forum going to keep Tomb Raider Dark style/skin?
    Yes, that skin will be available on SEF once we migrate

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I logged into my SE account earlier and noticed that the choice of custom avatars don't yet include any characters from "Thief".
    Are there any plans to add any please? Just Garrett would do.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Unfortunately, I haven't logged in for a while, so I just learned about this - might have been a nice idea to send out an email about this

Sadly, someone took my username. Don't suppose there's anything that can be done about that? I really can't imagine why someone would have chosen my username in the migration pre-registration, since in all the years of Eidos Games forums no one else had ever used it, but now someone feels the need to take it? I only worry about confused identity, because I was a well-known and active poster last year. I don't think it was a good idea to allow people to register usernames that are already in the Eidos system.

Hi Relight!!

It might be an idea to check those forums and see how active the other user is; if not very, a simple '_' at the end is good solution, no?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Relight View Post
    Unfortunately, I haven't logged in for a while, so I just learned about this - might have been a nice idea to send out an email about this

Sadly, someone took my username. Don't suppose there's anything that can be done about that? I really can't imagine why someone would have chosen my username in the migration pre-registration, since in all the years of Eidos Games forums no one else had ever used it, but now someone feels the need to take it? I only worry about confused identity, because I was a well-known and active poster last year. I don't think it was a good idea to allow people to register usernames that are already in the Eidos system.
    Apparently someone has taken mine as well....? And my email address??? I'm confused. Wait.. if I'm already a member on the Square Enix Forums with the same username and email am I good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRaider View Post
    Apparently someone has taken mine as well....? And my email address??? I'm confused. Wait.. if I'm already a member on the Square Enix Forums with the same username and email am I good to go?
    I'd guess you're good to go if you're already a member on the SE forums! From the way the associating old posts with new usernames is described, I'd bet the system could handle associating to an already registered email. That'd just be my guess, though.

I appreciate the idea abh, but I think it still doesn't avoid the confusion problem if both myself and this other person are posting in the same forum with basically identical usernames.

Your username was not necessarily taken during what you call pre-registration. The registration covers all of SE websites, not just the new forum, so it's more likely the user signed up for something else, like receiving newsletters, registering their games with SE, etc.

That also means there's a good change that other user may not even use the forum at all, so there may not be any issues with 'similar usernames confusing people'.

I recommend to sign up and use a dash or something for now, as ABH suggested. Once we migrated, we can always see if we can play around with usernames a bit if there are conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRaider View Post
    Yup, you should be good to go. Just make a quick test post on SEF to confirm that your username is secured

From the way the associating old posts with new usernames is described, I'd bet the system could handle associating to an already registered email. That'd just be my guess, though.
    Yup, it doesn't matter when you register at SEF. The migrated posts will be assigned to your SEF username, whether it is the same or different than your current EF username.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ...Just make a quick test post on SEF to confirm that your username is secured
    I didn't realize we should make one post to secure our name. I'll have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    I didn't realize we should make one post to secure our name. I'll have to do that.
    No, you don't. I was saying that to MaxRaider because he was confused. So just making sure in his case

Ah, OK, got it.

^ Reported.
    signature image

Nooooo, don't report me, I did nothing! Oh, there must have been another post. Give me a few minutes to regain my composure lol.

Haven't been logged in into my account here for quite some time. As I see you're talking about nickname reservation or whatever you call it there, should I do a new account at SquareEnix's forums now, because I still haven't did this, or... The whole migration thing and stuff is really confusing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sp00kythekiller View Post
    should I do a new account at SquareEnix's forums now
    If you want to make sure your nickname is available, then yes.

Is this forum migration thing still/ever happening?

I really like it here the way things are - I very much dislike that my nickname isn't available on the new system, and I can't think of another one - can't we just stay here?

Yes, it's still happening

Thumbs down

tomb_raiding isn't available ?
    C'mon now guys who could have took it? I've got dibs on it 12 years ago

Maybe try tomb-raiding?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456