Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 143

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Yes, syncing accounts after the migration will change all that. Right now we're merely encouraging everyone to already sign up at SEF to secure members' desired nicknames. Other forum account details like post count, registration date and user titles will all be taken care of during/after the actual forum migration
    Wait a minute, this is contrary to what you said here.
    When I was making an account there I couldn't "secure" my nickname. Does that mean that I'm stuck with Paradoks_db now?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Wait a minute, this is contrary to what you said here.
    I know, I explained what changed earlier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    When I was making an account there I couldn't "secure" my nickname. Does that mean that I'm stuck with Paradoks_db now?
    That depends. Try it right now. It it says "taken" it may mean it's still reserved, or it may mean it's really taken. I'm afraid I don't have the tools to check, myself.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    523

    Default

    So, now I'm supposed to make a third account?

    OK. Just tried. Nickname is taken and does not appear on user list so I'm guessing it's still "mine".

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I know, I explained what changed earlier
    May I ask where exactly? I'm having problems finding the post. And how does this affect my "2 nicknames situation".

    Edit: Found it.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    "Well you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours."
    signature image

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jack_Raider View Post
    Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    That's probably your SE ID, not your nickname. Login on the forum part and click on "my profile" to see what your forum nickname is.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    2,827

    Default

    Hi Driber,

    This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

    Regards

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Hi Driber,

    This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

    Regards
    It shouldn't be a problem to use different email addresses for your EF and SEF accounts. Just make sure both are functional, in case you forget your password for either of them and need to retrieve / reset it

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vilcabamba
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now? Just tried to put my username and it seems someone has already took it dammit.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now?
    Why don't you just try it

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  10. #110
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    out of phase
    Posts
    728

    Default

    So I registered J_B_G_ on the SE much to my disdain. I can live with it though. Any eta on the move?

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    ^ No ETA yet. We're still working on the account migration tools.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    563

    Default

    I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..
    The migration tool as far as I've been able to test is actually pretty straight forward. I expect in most cases the process to only take a couple of minutes. We will also have a list of clear instructions for everyone so they know exactly what to do when the migration begins.

    But if you still rather start fresh, that's of course up to you

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    nothern wilderness
    Posts
    275

    Default

    so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    Last edited by Gorechild; 03-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    Doing a forum search for your username and seeing no results doesn't mean the username isn't already taken. If the person didn't use the forum yet, the name wouldn't come up in a search.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Wish I'd seen this earlier. Tried changing my nickname on my SE account, but it says it's already taken. So it looks like I won't be bringing this nickname with me.

    Also Driber, I asked a while ago on the SE boards about not being able to change my e-mail associated with the SE account. Last I heard you said that someone was looking into it, but I've not heard back yet.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    ^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Hello Driber, I registered, too.

    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    ^ Great!

    FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.
    Ok. Thanks Driber.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    ^ Great!

    FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/mem...itor_messaging
    Is this it?


    Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Yup!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?
    The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

    Thank you for clarifying that.

    I also have a bit irrelevant question - is the forum going to keep Tomb Raider Dark style/skin?

  25. #125
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    out of phase
    Posts
    728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Hello Driber, I registered, too.

    http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.
    In theory mine either but I feel like Forrest Gump when I say J_B_G_ instead of JBG. I like Forrest but I never wanted to be his brother......except for the money.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •