Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Yes, syncing accounts after the migration will change all that. Right now we're merely encouraging everyone to already sign up at SEF to secure members' desired nicknames. Other forum account details like post count, registration date and user titles will all be taken care of during/after the actual forum migration
    Wait a minute, this is contrary to what you said here.
    When I was making an account there I couldn't "secure" my nickname. Does that mean that I'm stuck with Paradoks_db now?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Wait a minute, this is contrary to what you said here.
    I know, I explained what changed earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    When I was making an account there I couldn't "secure" my nickname. Does that mean that I'm stuck with Paradoks_db now?
    That depends. Try it right now. It it says "taken" it may mean it's still reserved, or it may mean it's really taken. I'm afraid I don't have the tools to check, myself.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

So, now I'm supposed to make a third account?

OK. Just tried. Nickname is taken and does not appear on user list so I'm guessing it's still "mine".

I know, I explained what changed earlier
    May I ask where exactly? I'm having problems finding the post. And how does this affect my "2 nicknames situation".

Edit: Found it.

Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    "Well you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours."
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by jack_Raider View Post
    Why when I made a username with the new SQUARE ENIX forum... a 5 was put on after "jack_raider" .. "jack_raider5" ... I don't want this.
    That's probably your SE ID, not your nickname. Login on the forum part and click on "my profile" to see what your forum nickname is.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Hi Driber,

This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    Hi Driber,

This is my SE account. But I have different e-mails for these two accounts. Do I need to change e-mail settings to merge properly?

Regards
    It shouldn't be a problem to use different email addresses for your EF and SEF accounts. Just make sure both are functional, in case you forget your password for either of them and need to retrieve / reset it

Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now? Just tried to put my username and it seems someone has already took it dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    Quick question, I signed up with SE when they were linking TR to the online counter (kills, miles etc) so would this be the same account now?
    Why don't you just try it

So I registered J_B_G_ on the SE much to my disdain. I can live with it though. Any eta on the move?

^ No ETA yet. We're still working on the account migration tools.

I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.

The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..

Quote Originally Posted by Stellazira View Post
    I really like how you guys are actually giving updates as to what's going on instead of just announcing a move and then unexpectedly pushing it through. Kudos.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gitb90 View Post
    The whole migration process is going to confuse the hell out of me. i'll just start fresh..
    The migration tool as far as I've been able to test is actually pretty straight forward. I expect in most cases the process to only take a couple of minutes. We will also have a list of clear instructions for everyone so they know exactly what to do when the migration begins.

But if you still rather start fresh, that's of course up to you

so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    Last edited by Gorechild; 03-29-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    so it seems i have already registered over there as i could use my facebook acount to log in. i even had a new(old) username that i use other places. But i could not change it back.I understand that some usernames have been reserved? Is there a way for me to have it changed back if this is the case? I dont think anyone else have registred my name as a search for gorechild came up empty.
    Doing a forum search for your username and seeing no results doesn't mean the username isn't already taken. If the person didn't use the forum yet, the name wouldn't come up in a search.

Wish I'd seen this earlier. Tried changing my nickname on my SE account, but it says it's already taken. So it looks like I won't be bringing this nickname with me.

Also Driber, I asked a while ago on the SE boards about not being able to change my e-mail associated with the SE account. Last I heard you said that someone was looking into it, but I've not heard back yet.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.

Hello Driber, I registered, too.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.

^ Great!

FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

^ If your SEM profile doesn't have an option to change email address, you can contact SE support and they will do it for you. Link to support is at the bottom of SE forums.
    Ok. Thanks Driber.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

^ Great!

FYI - a SEM profile link isn't share-able with others. Log out there and click the link to see for yourself, heh. You'd have to go to SE forums and there click the "forum profile" link

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/mem...itor_messaging
    Is this it?

Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana KC View Post
    Yup!

Oh, and why do I have to log in as IvanaKC4 if my username is IvanaKC even when I log in?
    The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

The latter is your public nickname, whereas the former is your private SE ID, which is an alternative way to login besides your email address, and it never changes, even if your nickname is changed for some reason.

Thank you for clarifying that.

I also have a bit irrelevant question - is the forum going to keep Tomb Raider Dark style/skin?

Hello Driber, I registered, too.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/account/7067531 ---> this is my account over there. There is no significant difference between my username here and there.
    In theory mine either but I feel like Forrest Gump when I say J_B_G_ instead of JBG. I like Forrest but I never wanted to be his brother......except for the money.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast