Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    If you want to make 100% sure your username won't be taken, the best thing would be to secure your name already right now.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forum.php

Click "register" at the top.
    So you're recommending people sign up over there, ready? but I can't be Rai as it's a three letter name? Oh strawberries .

Edit: so apparently, I do already have an account there, since 2010 , and I hate the username I chose for myself back then, though I suppose this could have been due to a name already taken. However, I managed to change my 'nickname' to something I'd prefer, what the frig is the difference? . Edit 2: It doesn't save it anyhoo even though I pressed save. Just as well I won't be going there until the migration happens. Then I'm sticking strictly to the Tomb Raider sections
    Last edited by Rai; 02-23-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    Ahh, that's alright then, I doubt anyone will want this name
    Any idea of ETA(ETM)?
    No ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    So you're recommending people sign up over there, ready? but I can't be Rai as it's a three letter name? Oh strawberries .

Edit: so apparently, I do already have an account there, since 2010 , and I hate the username I chose for myself back then, though I suppose this could have been due to a name already taken. However, I managed to change my 'nickname' to something I'd prefer, what the frig is the difference? . Edit 2: It doesn't save it anyhoo even though I pressed save. Just as well I won't be going there until the migration happens. Then I'm sticking strictly to the Tomb Raider sections
    Link me to your SEF profile and I'll have a look

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

As an FYI for anyone who hasn't signed up at SEF yet, here are the exact rules of the password and nickname fields. The sign up page does not currently clarify these rules (we're working on fixing that).

password

• length: 6-32 characters
    • must not match the user part of the email
    • must not consist of all letter, all numbers or all symbols
    • may contain letters, numbers and the following characters: !"(#$%&')=~|`{+*}<>?-^@[;:],./
    • must not have any character 3 or more times in a row (e.g. "passsword"¯)

nickname

• length: 6-20 characters
    • allowed characters: letters, digits, dash and underscore (a-Z, 0-9, - and _)

^Thank you for the update on nicknames . I have now changed mine successfully

Damn. I can't register my nickname. It says "too short". Fail.

^Same
    signature image

I just used dashes around mine like -Rai--. That's my nickname though, my username is dumb. I don't really understand the differences. So Eros could get a way with -Eros-

@Rai: Good to hear!

And the difference between nicknames and usernames (SE IDs) is that the former are public and the latter are private. You can use your SE ID to login as an alternative to using your email to login, I believe.

@pwyll and Eros: I'll see if it's possible to lower the minimum character limit for nicknames. No promises, though.

But at least your nicknames are secured and no one else can register those names, either

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

slay Dribs.
    signature image

I already have an account on SEF. Can I already synch my accounts? D:
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I already have an account on SEF. Can I already synch my accounts? D:
    We haven't migrated yet

Driber,

I sent you a PM on this before I saw this thread. I'll repeat my questions here for the benefit of others.

My Eidos username, "Peter Smith", has a space in it. This space is not allowed in the Square Enix sign up. So, what happens in the migration if I sign up with a new username, say, "Peter_Smith"? How can it correlate the new name with the old name?

Can you keep track of not only my posts but also my moderator status if I change the username?

Please give me instructions on how to proceed and tell me what will happen.
    "What we've got here is a failure to communicate", the warden (Strother Martin), Cool Hand Luke

I believe I registered as "Viktoria" but it was a while ago now and I can't remember if I used a fresh email address that I've since forgotten.

The name "Viktoria" has been taken. Any chance someone can find out if that is actually ME?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    Driber,

I sent you a PM on this before I saw this thread. I'll repeat my questions here for the benefit of others.

My Eidos username, "Peter Smith", has a space in it. This space is not allowed in the Square Enix sign up. So, what happens in the migration if I sign up with a new username, say, "Peter_Smith"? How can it correlate the new name with the old name?

Can you keep track of not only my posts but also my moderator status if I change the username?

Please give me instructions on how to proceed and tell me what will happen.
    Hey Peter,

Ironically, I just responded to your PM before noticing your post here, heh. But I'll repeat what I said, for the sake of others

Migrating (or "synching") your account means that the posts from EF that are caried over to SEF will be listed under your SEF account. Having a slightly different nickname on SEF due to the limitations will not be a problem.

As for mod stuff, we need to discuss that in private for security reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    I believe I registered as "Viktoria" but it was a while ago now and I can't remember if I used a fresh email address that I've since forgotten.

The name "Viktoria" has been taken. Any chance someone can find out if that is actually ME?
    Apparently not...

(click image to enlarge)

^ Taken from the members list

I even searched the name specifically and it came up with no results

EDIT: It seems you will only appear in that list if you've logged into the forums.
    Have you tried logging in through Facebook?
    Last edited by a big house; 02-27-2014 at 02:18 AM.

Yep, I looked at the very list too... noticed the name wasn't there so I tried to reregister last night to grab it, using an email address I would remember hehe.
    HOWEVER, in trying to create a new account using the name Viktoria, the system told me the name had already been taken.

So, its definitely not available... even though it doesn't show on that list. The mystery deepens....
    signature image

Check my edit

Hmm, I was logged in, I believe as "Lady Of The Vine".
    Honestly, it was so long ago I joined I can't remember what I did back then. Perhaps I chose "Viktoria" as a nickname or something?

Only admin can sort this out. Perhaps they can change LOTV to Viktoria? But I don't mind just being LOTV if the problem is all my doing and can't be resolved.
    ThanX for your help, ABH.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoria View Post
    Hmm, I was logged in, I believe as "Lady Of The Vine".
    Honestly, it was so long ago I joined I can't remember what I did back then. Perhaps I chose "Viktoria" as a nickname or something?

Only admin can sort this out. Perhaps they can change LOTV to Viktoria? But I don't mind just being LOTV if the problem is all my doing and can't be resolved.
    ThanX for your help, ABH.
    Log in and go to User Settings, it lets you change your nickname there. But of course, if Viktoria is an active member SE member I don't think she'll be happy with you stealing her name

And yeah, I joined back in 2011 without even realizing, I think it must have happened when I subbed to the Crystal Habit. Perhaps you did the same with something else?

And of course, no problem

Yeah, I tried to change the nickname too, but they system said already taken.
    Haha, yeah, I don't want to steal or hack anyone's account. I think it is me though... and I possibly used a new gmail email account or something. I just can't remember the email.
    signature image

Anyone who registers now on the Square Enix forum, such as myself, would be starting as a junior member with a recent join date and no posts and no title, is that correct? Or will migrating our account change any of that information?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    Anyone who registers now on the Square Enix forum, such as myself, would be starting as a junior member with a recent join date and no posts and no title, is that correct? Or will migrating our account change any of that information?
    Yes, syncing accounts after the migration will change all that. Right now we're merely encouraging everyone to already sign up at SEF to secure members' desired nicknames. Other forum account details like post count, registration date and user titles will all be taken care of during/after the actual forum migration

Thanks for the info, Driber. My newbie alter-ego is secured.

Just thought I'd mention a problem I ran into.
    Nickname, Security Question, and Secret Answer are not marked as required fields.
    I did not select a question or enter an answer. It came back and said they can't be blank.
    Might want to update the screen to show that all fields are required.
    I needed a random snappy remark that would amaze everyone. This is it.

OP updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruum Taedor View Post
    Thanks for the info, Driber. My newbie alter-ego is secured.
    Great!

Quote Originally Posted by aktrekker View Post
    Just thought I'd mention a problem I ran into.
    Nickname, Security Question, and Secret Answer are not marked as required fields.
    I did not select a question or enter an answer. It came back and said they can't be blank.
    Might want to update the screen to show that all fields are required.
    The IT guys are aware of this and will fix it ASAP.

Thanks for the report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast