Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL MEMBERS - Forum Migration

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    Is this new website or host site going to cause our computers to need some upgrading. I don't mean my laptop is ancient or anything but I've been on forums where they move their host site and I can't get on it because of all the stuff they put on it to make it "better".

Sorry if it's a weird question. I am just wondering.
    Not a weird question

But no need to worry - I've tested the new site on relatively old hardware and it's pretty much as smooth as here.

Quote Originally Posted by Danielsun View Post
    Dear Driber

Just to clarify, when you say the posts will echo our accounts and the threads will remain in a locked archive does that mean popular threads such as the The Thread of Randomness/Humble Abode, Fan Art Thread, Introduce Yourself Thread, FAQ, Members Photos, Poll threads and our Game Threads will remain available for us to look at but will be locked and we will need to start new threads for these again? Or to put it simply are they just being moved to the new site and we can all carry on as normal?
    Yes, in a nutshell, those threads will just carry on as normal on the new forum

What does this also mean for various titles for people with Gamer/Protagonist/Hero/etc

All the best
    Danielsun
    The titles might be gone from the start, but once you synch your account you will have your posts under your account again, so with that, the automated promotion system we're using should be able to restore them again during its next update cycle.

So in short, I expect those to carry on as normal, too

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Yes, in a nutshell, those threads will just carry on as normal on the new forum

The titles might be gone from the start, but once you synch your account you will have your posts under your account again, so with that, the automated promotion system we're using should be able to restore them again during its next update cycle.

So in short, I expect those to carry on as normal, too
    Cheers Driber, I appreciate the clarification
    'I made you a pie'. 'ooh what flavour is it?'. 'pie flavour...'
    signature image

[QUOTE]
    Not a weird question

But no need to worry - I've tested the new site on relatively old hardware and it's pretty much as smooth as here.
    Cool, thanks very much.
    signature image

Isn't vB4 the one with smartphone features? :P ;D

Heh, indeed. In fact, we're merging even more than 2 boards together.
    So, who's buying Sqaure Enix?
    But seriously - if it's not a problem I'd still like to see an answer for my previous question.

Quote Originally Posted by Madenice View Post
    Isn't vB4 the one with smartphone features? :P ;D
    We received requests from the community to install Papatalk - a forum plugin that lets people with smartphones easily browse and post on the forum. We'll look at the possibility of implementing that

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    So, who's buying Sqaure Enix?
    But seriously - if it's not a problem I'd still like to see an answer for my previous question.
    About PMs? I've taken note of it, but I don't have an answer on that yet I'm afraid. I'll post an update when I do

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

About PMs? I've taken note of it, but I don't have an answer on that yet I'm afraid. I'll post an update when I do
    Thanks. It''s just that 10 days passed without any mention so I assumed that the question was overlooked.

Here's an update, folks.

<snip>
    Sorry it comes a little late, but I wanted to say thanks a lot to you, Driber, and all others behind the scenes, for this compromise. You've alleviated my concerns fully.

I've just one other follow-up query. Will there still be an advanced search feature available for use in the locked archive version of this forum? I have to admit that I'd balk at having to track down some of the older stuff here manually.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

^ We haven't specifically discussed that, so no guarantees, but just from the top of my head I can't see why not.

Failing that, though, there is always Google

I have seen so many busy forums have an 'upgrade' and then go really quiet afterwards. It's good that the team here are really thinking about the aspects of this forum to preserve. The 'start afresh' thought would have been a terrible idea and I'm really glad that isn't going to happen. It is sad to the Eidos name go with all it's links to the rise of TR but glad to see we are still going to keep the forums we visit so often rather than given a totally new replacement one.
    signature image

So all posts and threads will carry over? Including this thread? Also, will we be limited only to Tomb Raider (2013) discussion or will Classic series discussions & Level Editor board carry over as well?
    "Well you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours."
    signature image

I'm starting to feel like Holly here

Heh.

Yes, the current plan is to move all forum sections and all threads/posts over to the new board

The forum looks ridiculous now tbh. Avatar and info should have stayed at left. This is just my opinion though. It looks bad at current situation.

When is the move taking place?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by jack_Raider View Post
    When is the move taking place?
    We do not yet have an ETA on the migration date.

Best is to subscribe to this thread. I'll be posting updates here when they are available.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    The forum looks ridiculous now tbh. Avatar and info should have stayed at left. This is just my opinion though. It looks bad at current situation.
    I much prefer all the information together on one side too. It made sense and looked much tidier.
    Like anything though... I guess we'll get used to it.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

when are we migrating ? I want to start posting in square forums with this account. square owns Tomb Raider now and Now square is my favorite game company because TR , Final fantasy, and Chrono Trigger all in one hub. perfect!
    signature image

Heh, soon you will, Jack.

Though we don't have a solid ETA yet, so I'm afraid I can only be vague about the time frame at this point.

But we're currently in the process of testing a simulated version of the migration to make sure all will go smooth, and so far we're making good progress

Will the forum be integrated with the Square Enix forums then, or will be staying separate as it is now?

Noticed the thread now, excuse me I ask that question.

Quote Originally Posted by sp00kythekiller View Post
    Will the forum be integrated with the Square Enix forums then, or will be staying separate as it is now?

Noticed the thread now, excuse me I ask that question.
    Yes, as explained, we're moving to the new SE forums.

And what will happen with all the users, posts and threads here? Everything will be removed, or will just be moved, as I know SE's forums use vBulletin too. Just curious. By the way, thanks for the answers, Driber.

Quote Originally Posted by sp00kythekiller View Post
    And what will happen with all the users, posts and threads here? Everything will be removed, or will just be moved, as I know SE's forums use vBulletin too. Just curious. By the way, thanks for the answers, Driber.
    This has already been answered. Please read the entire thread.

Okay. Done already. Thanks.

With the new NA/EU forum merges, it looks like my old SE forum account was wiped. I signed up for the Nosgoth closed beta, and it gave me a new forum account (my profile says it was registered today, even though I signed in using my old credentials from years ago). I don't have many posts over here, but I'll be interested to see how my existing ones get preserved. Hopefully it goes over smoothly. Anyway, Happy Christmas (I like the decorations here, haha)!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast