View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1 / TR1 Gold: Unfinished Business

28 18.67%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft / TR2 Gold: The Gold Mask

36 24.00%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft / TR3 Gold: The Lost Artifact

23 15.33%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

24 16.00%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

6 4.00%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

26 17.33%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

27 18.00%
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

15 10.00%
  • Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

19 12.67%
  • Tomb Raider 9 (TR 2013)

75 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite TR game? Now incl. TR9!

Default What's your favorite TR game? Now incl. TR9!

So with the latest TR game out for 5 months at this point, I assume every fan has been able to play it at least once by now, so I reckon it's time to reboot (pun intended) this poll and include TR9.

What you say, folks - have your preferences majorly changed since the latest installment in the franchise? Will we perhaps see a landslide victory for TR9 now with all the new fans we've welcomed into our club due to the reboot?

Time to find out and vote!

After you've voted in the poll, feel free to post in the thread your voting motivations. Though, to keep to conversations pleasant, please do so by focusing on the positive aspects of your favorite game, and without taking jabs at the games you possibly didn't like.

Cheers

-------------------------------------

Here is our first poll for the games Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider Chronicles. Click to go to the archived thread.

And the second, including Angel of Darkness....

And the third, including Legend....

And the fourth, including Anniversary....

And the fifth, including Underworld...

Thanks go to CatSuit&Ponytail for most of the screenshots above and for holding this series of polls up until now
    Last edited by Driber; 10-12-2014 at 12:56 AM. Reason: update.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

underworld for me.
    it had more re play value. really beautiful levels (still melt when i play thailand), nice puzzles, beautiful graphics (even when lara looks like a barbie doll) and more stuff to find.

TR 9 had a great story, really good game play and the graphics are just stunning, but i only played it twice and havent touched since then. just never feel like playing it again.
    signature image

Underworld

Underworld was in most ways the peak of the franchise, in terms of mechanics and world interaction. Most refined.

The animations, the advanced climbing, sprinting, less limiting grappling hook use, close combat (which is fantastic, because it is a simplistic and straight forward combat style), Outfits and weapons use.

Seriously, riding a motorcycle through dark ancient catacombs was one of the absolutely coolest things ever. And using it as a weapon by spinning the bike and beat down enemies was awesome. The whole motorcycle mechanics were very cool.

One thing I prefer in the original TR is the somewhat slower and more realistic pace. Granted Lara could always jump extremely high and far, but stuff like climbing was much more authentic in the original TR. The newer TR's were just a bit too fast and twitchy with this one.

Same thing why I don't like the new Splinter Cell games, the character looks like he's hyperactive, while the original SC had a more realistic pace, where climbing was an effort and took some more time and felt authentic, which for me always makes games more immersive.

So my dream would be a TR game just like Underworld, but slightly more realistic when it comes to pace and mechanics and less linear levels with more to explore and discover and more areas to reach and different paths to go, more stealth and more realistic combat (like TR2013, gun mechanics were good there).

Still think The Last Revelation its the best, then Anniversary and TR 2013.

I went with Angel of Darkness! It's my favourite in terms of story and I really loved the game overall!

Then it would be TR2, my favourite Classic TR!!!
    Last edited by dark7angel; 08-07-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    signature image

Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft

My first love and still my favorite TR. The Great Wall of China, Venice, Tibet, Floating Island, Maria Doria; those are some unforgettable moments I had.

My choices are TR1/TRA/TRU.

Since it isn't multi-choice. It's going to be hard. Imma pick TRU.

I really wish we'd have public polls (meaning that we're allowed to see who voted for what option). Would be interesting to see who's picking the reboot.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    I really wish we'd have public polls (meaning that we're allowed to see who voted for what option). Would be interesting to see who's picking the reboot.
    I myself am a fan of public polls and would've made it like that, except some people are put off by the thought that their votes are there for all to see.

Anonymity ensures that we have more participants and that voters are honest with their votes

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Well but on this poll people is writing what they're chosing

I am totally undecided between TR1 and AoD.
    TR1 is great, atmospheric and very original, but AoD (even if it had tons of cuts) has the best atmosphere I've ever found in a game and one of the best stories ever. And the best Lara ever

I'm voting later

I too wish it was a multiple choice poll. I chose Legend. I feel it's way overhated. It is the game that made me fall in love with Lara all over again.

Would have also gone with TR1+UB, Lost Artifact (minus TR3 though), Anniversary and 2013 if it were possible. As it ain't, stuck with Legend because I know not many people will.

Looks like many of you are having difficulties choosing.

I can re-do the poll and make it multiple choice, if there's a big demand for it. It would be still relatively easy to do since we're early in the poll and only a few people voted so far.

Let me know

I've paused the poll for now.

Eeee this is hard, because I love the Core games for what they were and although they cannot hold up by today's standards they were the games that got me interested in history and the games Tomb Raider. At the same time, the latest Tomb Raider is fantastic albeit without the unlockable costumes.

Driber can we haz two votes pl0x?
    'I made you a pie'. 'ooh what flavour is it?'. 'pie flavour...'
    signature image

I actually just checked the previous polls linked in the first post. Only the 2008 one wasn't a multiple choice poll. I'd definitely go back for multiple choice, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I myself am a fan of public polls and would've made it like that, except some people are put off by the thought that their votes are there for all to see.

Anonymity ensures that we have more participants and that voters are honest with their votes
    Fair enough and understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by pidipidi39 View Post
    Well but on this poll people is writing what they're chosing
    Some are, but alot won't be. There's already more votes than there is posts. 9 votes for TReboot but only one poster saying it's his/her favourite.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

haveing multiple choice would be great.

because i wanted to vote for legend and underworld.
    signature image

I voted for TR2013 because it's the one I currently feel the strongest affection for. It may be a thing of the moment but there it is.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

ATTENTION!

The poll has been reset on Thursday Aug 8 @ 10:50 AM CET due to numerous requests to make the poll multiple choice. Those who voted already before this time, please vote again.

Some are, but alot won't be. There's already more votes than there is posts. 9 votes for TReboot but only one poster saying it's his/her favourite.
    ...which proves my point about voting anonymity, heh

TR3

My childhood lays in every singe vertex of the objects , the rooms , every word Lara said , every tome , theme.

I love it <3
    Judging you to ∞ & →
    signature image

thank you

now i could vote for legend and underworld. since i played both games many times.
    signature image

Definitely these three:
    -TR1
    -TR2
    -TR4:The Last Revelation.

I feel they nailed the exploration/puzzle solving/the feel of embarking on an adventure aspects. "Tanky" controls were a flaw back then and are a big flaw when re-discovering these games today, but if you adapt a bit, you'll discover that there's a lot to love there.

Considering Crystal's TRs, I'd say Anniversary was the best of the bunch (stupid QTEs aside).
    The recent reboot... Good game, but a terrible Tomb Raider one. Too much shooting, non-existant puzzles, inconsistent tone, disappointing story and writing (they weren't good enough to make the whole game so plot-driven, I'd have appreciated the sheer effort if the story wasn't so pretentious and cliched; Core's TR didn't bother telling coherent stories, focused on gameplay first and were all the better for it).

Phaid, as I mentioned in the OP:

After you've voted in the poll, feel free to post in the thread your voting motivations. Though, to keep to conversations pleasant, please do so by focusing on the positive aspects of your favorite game, and without taking jabs at the games you possibly didn't like.
    Taking jabs at the new game in order to praise the old games (or vice versa) is something I'd like us to avoid in this thread, and I'd like to keep the focus here on what makes your favorite game your favorite.

This thread should be about positivity. There are plenty of threads around where you can freely voice your dislikes / hates. Let's have one thread where we as fans can all come together instead of be divided and let's celebrate the entire franchise

Ok. Thanks for the multi-choice.
    signature image

Yay! Thanks a lot Driber

I've voted for TR1 and AoD

and
    Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post
    and
    Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness
    Same for me! Plus TR1.
    Since it's multiple choice now, I picked my Top 3!
    signature image

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast