View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1 / TR1 Gold: Unfinished Business

    28 18.67%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft / TR2 Gold: The Gold Mask

    36 24.00%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft / TR3 Gold: The Lost Artifact

    23 15.33%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

    24 16.00%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

    6 4.00%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

    26 17.33%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

    27 18.00%
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

    15 10.00%
  • Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

    19 12.67%
  • Tomb Raider 9 (TR 2013)

    75 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 124 of 124

Thread: What's your favorite TR game? Now incl. TR9!

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    How can people like this new tomb raider? There's no tomb raiding its just a copy and paste generic shooter!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    Opinions got nothing to do with it, thats like saying in my opinion the earth is flat or madden is the best basketball game ever but a matter of fact it isn't. How is the best Tomb Raider game not even about tomb raiding?
    How can anyone not like the new game? It's the best TR game in TR history. That's like, universal fact, man. Just look at the poll results - those are pure facts, and you can't argue with facts!

    And since the poll undeniably proves that TR9 is the best game of the series, and since it's nothing but a copy and paste generic shooter, as you factually pointed out, then logic dictates that TR was always meant to be a generic shooter. So there is no problem!

    And that's not my personal opinion, so don't even try to argue with me. I'm factually correct.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    i dont think he will accept this. he still thinks these who voted for TR are crazy. even when you are factually correct.
    even me and jurre were factually correct as well and he ignored it more or less.
    signature image

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    310

    Thumbs down

    My point was basically, can ace combat ever be the best Tomb raider game? The answer is obvious.
    So Metalrocks say that even though its mostly a shooter, the side tomb mission justify title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    And that's not my personal opinion, so don't even try to argue with me. I'm factually correct.
    I have no desire to say anything to you because your just rude for no reason.
    YOU'RE NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY KILLS YOU.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    let me ask you this icedog: did you reach 100%?
    signature image

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    4,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    I have no desire to say anything to you because you're just rude for no reason.
    No one is trying to be rude to you, but it's not us who are getting angry. Driber just tried to answer you the way you answer to everyone else.

    As for TR being a good/bad game, you should try and learn the definition of opinion and fact. If you are not capable of recognizing what is subjective and what is objective, then you have a serious problem which will always lead you to arguments where people will really start being rude to you.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    i dont think he will accept this. he still thinks these who voted for TR are crazy. even when you are factually correct.
    even me and jurre were factually correct as well and he ignored it more or less.
    Rowan, I have to check just to be sure - you did know that my post was entirely sarcastic, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    My point was basically, can ace combat ever be the best Tomb raider game? The answer is obvious.
    I don't think it's really "obvious". I think the answer is a lot more nuanced than that.

    First of all, "the best TR game" actually has everything to do with opinion, and much less with fact. When it comes to taste, facts play a secondary role.

    To use Jurre's example of flat earthers - they may be factually wrong by denying that the earth is spherical, but they can't be factually wrong for preferring a flat earth over a spherical one

    The same principle applies for liking a game, and making assertions about what makes a "true" or "best" TR game. You would be factually correct in saying that TR9 had not so much focus on "raiding tombs" (I use scare quotes, because as Jurre pointed out, what qualifies as a tomb is debatable. Though for argument's sake, let's go with the classic tomb raiding experience that the franchise is known for...) and had more focus on combat elements, BUT you can't really make claims of 'universal facts' by labelling the game as the worst one in the series, because at the end of the day opinions are all subjective.

    That said, something that should probably be pointed out right now, once again, is that these polls are historically biased towards the latest game. Take a look at the OP; I collected screenshots of all previous incarnations of this poll, and you'll find that the majority tends to vote for the game that they just played. Which of course only makes sense

    I'm sure that once we're at TR11, this poll will no longer 'declare TR9 as the best game in the series', heh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    So Metalrocks say that even though its mostly a shooter, the side tomb mission justify title.
    I wouldn't necessarily look at it like that. The thing is that TR9 is an origin story, as Metal pointed out earlier, so therefore it kind of makes sense that Lara's first adventure isn't heavily focused on tombs yet. After all, on Yamatai she wasn't a tomb raider just yet

    In the next game we'll see how Lara transforms from a survivor to a tomb raider.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    I have no desire to say anything to you because your just rude for no reason.
    I'm sorry that my post caused offence. I don't think it was as bad as you seem to have perceived it. If it makes any difference, I'll just say that my first response to you was jokingly sarcastic, but I didn't mean any harm, and certainly wasn't trying to be rude to you. I was just pointing out the absurdity (and from the looks of it, I wasn't the only one who thought so) of what you were saying, and mirroring your attitude on the subject, in a humorous way to try to make you see how your posts come across to some of us

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    let me ask you this icedog: did you reach 100%?
    Good question...

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    @driber
    the first half was a sarcasm but the second half sounded more serious.
    signature image

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Huh? Are you talking about my post or yours? When you say "sounded" you're implying that you're not sure...

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Huh? Are you talking about my post or yours? When you say "sounded" you're implying that you're not sure...

    im talking about yours of course.
    if you put it that way: yes, you can say i was not sure.
    signature image

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Ah, okay, gotcha!

    Heh, no, the *entire* post was satire; nothing in it was meant to be taken seriously as my actual stance on the matter. The poll proves nothing about TR9 being the 'best game in TR history', nor are any of us 'factually correct' about our opinions on the game.


    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Ah, okay, gotcha!

    Heh, no, the *entire* post was satire; nothing in it was meant to be taken seriously as my actual stance on the matter. The poll proves nothing about TR9 being the 'best game in TR history', nor are any of us 'factually correct' about our opinions on the game.

    signature image

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Havana
    Posts
    802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    Opinions got nothing to do with it, thats like saying in my opinion the earth is flat or madden is the best basketball game ever but a matter of fact it isn't. How is the best Tomb Raider game not even about tomb raiding?
    You'd be absolutely right, if not for the fact that those two examples you listed can be factually checked. TR9 being or not being about Tomb Raiding is pretty much upto interpretation. There were those side tombs, were there not? And a few tombs (Himiko's tomb, General's tomb) that she raided in the main story. There, you have your tomb raiding! That those minuscule tombs might or might not be enough to justify the title is a different question and where your own preference comes into play, and you reach a different conclusion than mine. As for the game being 'mostly' shooter, I'd just close my eyes and pretend all those parkour sequences didn't exist. That or Battlefield 4 was full of parkour too! No idea why people compare it to a shooter while I'd place it nearer to a game like assassins creed with a mix of combat and parkour.

    I'm sorry if I sound a little abrasive but I see too many Opinion Polices roaming about on online forums these days who don't even know the basic difference between what constitutes an opinion and what constitutes a fact, and then they go about telling others that their sacred-held opinion is the immutable fact.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    @Pirate: I'd argue that only one of Icedog's examples can be factually checked; the earth being flat or not. The other one (madden being the best basketball game ever or not) is open to interpretation as well. Just like some people view AoD as the worst TR game in the series while others view it as the best one in the series.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Tomb Raider 9


    I played TR as a child but I didn't take much from it. I played LAU as I was older and I loved it but I didn't find myself as invested as I am with the Reboot. Don't get me wrong, I love the series and obviously the old games are what sparked my interest/obsession. But, I've grown "attached" to the Reboot because Lara is more human & real to me. We get to experience the making of who she is & take the journey with her instead of throwing us into things with light back story.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    It says I can not vote on this poll?

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaeaAlexandra View Post
    It says I can not vote on this poll?
    You have to have a "Gamer" user status to vote in polls. To get one requires 30 (I think) forum posts or 20 days as a member.
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    5,466

    Default

    yep, pretty much that. here a link about the status:
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/faq.php#faq_usergr
    signature image

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Went for the classics as I love the new games BUT the classics were head and shoulders above the rest of games out there back then.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    34

    Default

    TR3

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8

    Default

    For me it's TR9
    "There are so many mysteries that I once dismissed as mere stories, but the line between our myths and truth are fragile and blurry."

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Possibly Tomb Raider 2013, Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary. ^_^

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    i can't vote but i will say TR2 assuredly. I knew Lara with this game, the music is still in my head and Venice too !
    signature image

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    TR9!

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Rhode Island, USA
    Posts
    496

    Default

    I haven't completed all the games just the original TR, Angel of Darkness, Anniversary, Legend, Underworld and of course TR9 but from what I've played I think TR9 is my favorite. I like the story a lot, the characters, the newly updated Lara, her voice and I must say even the graphics. I grew up in the 80's so I am accustomed to the older graphics and appreciate them but I can't help but love the graphics in TR9 too.
    signature image

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •