View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1 / TR1 Gold: Unfinished Business

28 18.67%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft / TR2 Gold: The Gold Mask

36 24.00%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft / TR3 Gold: The Lost Artifact

23 15.33%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

24 16.00%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

6 4.00%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

26 17.33%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

27 18.00%
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

15 10.00%
  • Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

19 12.67%
  • Tomb Raider 9 (TR 2013)

75 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite TR game? Now incl. TR9!

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Take pride in being a freak. That's where it's at
    I totally agree with you, I love being a freak. It's what seperates us from everyone else, and put's away the word "normal".
    signature image
    Well, this is a tomb. I'll make them feel at home.

My favourite Tomb Raider game is definitely the newest one. Yet I must admit I haven't played many of the others, only Underworld, Ledgend and TR2.
    But I loved the new direction they were going with the reboot.

Question: Why can't I vote in this poll? Is it because I am new registered or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_K View Post
    My favourite Tomb Raider game is definitely the newest one. Yet I must admit I haven't played many of the others, only Underworld, Ledgend and TR2.
    But I loved the new direction they were going with the reboot.

Question: Why can't I vote in this poll? Is it because I am new registered or something?
    That and you don't have enough posts.

Tomb Raider 2013 is awesome, i love it! Best Tomb Raider in my opinion!

TR2013 for me, by quite a margin.

In the last year it's climbed up their with my all time favorite games, beyond the series.

1 and 9.
    The atmosphere, music and the sense of isolation in the original remains as strong now as it was then, and imo, has still not been beat.

9 took the massive improvements that Legend, Anni and Underworld gave us in terms of Lara's development as a character, story in general, and music, refined it and wrapped it up an an amazing package that imo, made the new beginning everything for the modern era the original was for it's time, a great introduction to an interesting character.

TR4, AoD, and Legend.

TR4 - for the length and classiness, plus I've always had a massive crush on anything Egypt-related so out of the classics, I'd always go for this one. Plus the cinematic scenes were amazing.

AoD - breathtaking story. God awful controls, and I didn't like playing as Kurtis, but the story, the fresh take on TR that worked brilliantly beats many games out of the park.

Legend - ledges, new controls, even the side characters were all fresh but worked so so well in the game. I loved the outfit changing and collectible trophies and the return of time trials in this one.
    ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

I voted for Legend and 2013, Legend will always have a special place in my heart, it was the first TR game I played and it was a really good game, and no words needed for the last one, absolutely amazing, can't wait for the next one ^^
    Raiding tombs since 2007. deviantART tumblr | N7
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Scion's_Eye View Post
    Legend - ledges, new controls, even the side characters were all fresh but worked so so well in the game. I loved the outfit changing and collectible trophies and the return of time trials in this one.
    By "return" are you referring to the second level of TR4?

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Tomb Raider 3. It's TR at its best!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    By "return" are you referring to the second level of TR4?
    Well that was a derp on my behalf. I realize they were never in the other series but people competed for time on TR2 with the in-game timer.
    ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

I went for 1, Last Revelation, Legend & Underworld. For many and varied reasons.

TR1 was the second game I ever played, and it blew me away. I had no idea what I was doing, but it was great. I'd got it because it was the only game in the shop I'd actually heard of. If I hadn't loved it, I'm not sure I'd be a gamer today. So I have many fond memories of TR1.

Last Revelation is, for me, the best game on the old engine. I love everything about it, from the setting to the sheer scale to the enemies, who can be very challenging.

Legend is the easiest TR game to just pick up & play. It's very good, but the replayability and the many different challenge options make it a huge favourite. Time trials are frustrating, but fun.

Underworld I love for the epicness, and also because it has some great levels and the best PC control system. Some of the challenges are hard without being impossible, which is the way I like them. Lara also has more gymnastics moves than in any other game.

TR2 I didn't vote for, but is bubbling under, if you will. Mainly because of Venice and the boat puzzle, which is awesome.
    signature image

'Legend', hands down. I've said it several times, but I just LOVE that story. Add in the fantastic soundtrack, great gameplay, brilliant sound design, and it's a total package for me. But, it's also the first TR game I played, so I also give it "the nostalgic edge".
    But with that being said, it's the one game from all of them that I've played over 17 times now, and it STILL isn't old for me.

Story time...
    I travel for work. I am an electrician that basically goes all over big bold beautiful America and wires this, fixes that, and whatnot. Not all of the gigs pay well enough to cover hotels, so I occasionally room with a co-worker. I always take a game console w/ me to pass time and stay away from reality television after work. When I brought my PS2 with me, a co-worker I was rooming with was kind enough to let me use the tv a couple hours every night to game (Ya gotta compromise. Road wives are wives to). Anyways, long story short, he was a "She's just a sex icon" type thinker when I fired it up, but by Ghana, he was a believer. From his "How did you KNOW that?!" when I found the gold in Japan, to his reaction to the ending(something like "please tell me you kill that b***h Amanda later"), he was on board. It's one of those works of art that even the most jaded of fans of this medium have to respect. And this medium IS an art form.

TR2012? It's fantastic, a work of art, and I can't compliment it enough, but how well will it age? That remains to be seen. So far I've only played it 3 times, but I've others on my "to play" list that I'm trying to pay attention to ('The Last Of Us', I'll be there someday. I promise!).
    wintervoices.blogspot.com
    signature image

Im a new member, how soon can I make my own poll? Where on thevscreen is it? I'm viewing a desktop v ersion of this site on a Samsung Galaxy 5? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleojack View Post
    Im a new member, how soon can I make my own poll? Where on thevscreen is it? I'm viewing a desktop v ersion of this site on a Samsung Galaxy 5? Thanks.
    Here:

Gamer

30 posts and 14 days of membership makes you a Gamer.

Your PM box can now hold 100 messages, you can vote in polls and create your own, and you can use smilies and text formatting BB code in your signature.

I [would] vote Tomb Raider 2013 the best T to date...but I'm still new

You're already half-way of the required post count.
    Keep it up and in just 2 weeks your account will auto upgrade and then you can vote

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I'm going with TR Underworld. TR 2013 was great but more focus was placed on on gunplay than exploring tombs

Cool My favourite is Tomb Raider Underworld

Okay, so despite the game threatening bugs, there are some really cool ones like God of Thunder: Falling Under the Mediterranean Sea (where the water from the massive boat disappears). It has fabulous graphics, and who doesn't love Lara's wetsuit? TR9 doesn't really have any Tomb Raiding, Anniversary and 1 were maybe a little to hard and AOD was super glitchy. It has a powerful (and emotional) ending and I just love it to squillions and millions of pieces!

How can people like this new tomb raider? There's no tomb raiding its just a copy and paste generic shooter!!
    YOU'RE NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY KILLS YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    How can people like this new tomb raider? There's no tomb raiding its just a copy and paste generic shooter!!
    its a origin story. lara needs a reason to find her passion for it the real raiding will follow.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Icedog View Post
    I know it's hard to believe, but not everybody has the same opinion and tastes like you.

It's crazy right?

Opinions got nothing to do with it, thats like saying in my opinion the earth is flat or madden is the best basketball game ever but a matter of fact it isn't. How is the best Tomb Raider game not even about tomb raiding?
    YOU'RE NOBODY TILL SOMEBODY KILLS YOU.

Whether people like or dislike the game has absolutely zero connection to the title...

Not about Tomb Raiding - false claim. When taking the definition of a tomb as an underground place that contains an old corpse, TR9 has effectively more tombs than any TR game before, since old skeletons are all over the place. Pretty much every hole in the ground fits that definition. And unless the player is too lazy to look for collectables, Lara drags a lot of loot out of them.

And that the Earth would be flat is not so much an opinion but a factual error. Even Columbus knew that...

Oh, and something else: you might want to play a game like Modern Warfare 3 or Ghosts to see what an actual generic shooter looks like...

what jurre said.
    there is plenty to explore and to collect. there are plenty of temples, ruins, etc. the island was just one big tomb with secrets. if you mean these small tombs, yes, they are not enough of them but as said, still lots of areas to explore. to reach 100% it took me over 15 hours. when i skipped them all it finished the game in less then 8 hours. and this surely gave the impression its a heavy action driven game with no exploring.
    signature image

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast