View Poll Results: What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider 1 / TR1 Gold: Unfinished Business

28 18.67%
  • Tomb Raider 2: Starring Lara Croft / TR2 Gold: The Gold Mask

36 24.00%
  • Tomb Raider 3: The Adventures Of Lara Croft / TR3 Gold: The Lost Artifact

23 15.33%
  • Tomb Raider 4: The Last Revelation

24 16.00%
  • Tomb Raider 5: Chronicles

6 4.00%
  • Tomb Raider 6: The Angel Of Darkness

26 17.33%
  • Tomb Raider 7: Legend

27 18.00%
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary

15 10.00%
  • Tomb Raider 8: Underworld

19 12.67%
  • Tomb Raider 9 (TR 2013)

75 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite TR game? Now incl. TR9!

Thank you, Driber! Just cast in my votes for my favorite TR games.

TR9 and Tomb raider legend were the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Phaid, as I mentioned in the OP:
    Taking jabs at the new game in order to praise the old games (or vice versa) is something I'd like us to avoid in this thread, and I'd like to keep the focus here on what makes your favorite game your favorite.

This thread should be about positivity. There are plenty of threads around where you can freely voice your dislikes / hates. Let's have one thread where we as fans can all come together instead of be divided and let's celebrate the entire franchise
    Ooops, sorry.
    It's hard for me to properly explain what made my personal favourites so good without contrasting them with entries in the franchise that I felt didn't nail the basics of what TR was and should be. Hope that makes sense.

I went by generation.

PS1 - Tomb Raider 2
    PS2 - TR Anniversary
    PS3 - TR Reboot

The latest game is my favorite in the series though.

Guys just keep calm and vote for TR2.

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    Same for me! Plus TR1.
    Since it's multiple choice now, I picked my Top 3!
    :thumbs up:

tomb raider 4 is my favourite from the classics... i voted for the reboot though because i want to support the vision of Crystal Dynamics and it's my favourite Tomb Raider made by the team
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTREY1712 View Post
    Yeah, i just loved TR9 but the bad thing was they could have made a another place, first place of cause Dragon Triangle, etc, etc
    Yeah i loved TRU, it has beautiful graphics also, the game runs perfect, without FSAA on, anyways what does FSAA stands for??? I tried searching it on google but no suggestion came up! Instead it made be confused!
    Thailand place was soo realistic, the graphics, i just feel like playing it right now, but i think TRU & TR9 is my favorite, but i voted TR9 which i like
    Now i really need to play TRU, if i get a chance to record a video, to see how nice the game play, i record a quick video and upload it, hopefully i post the video here!
    here is your answer what fsaa is;
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FSAA#Su..._anti-aliasing
    signature image

I choose the reboot because it has been improving almost everything right, it just missed some quality of puzzles and that's it. The next will rock me again.

I revoted, too and it actually made me think about the quality of all games. Although I love the new game, I voted for Legend again. It was simply that great for me, and it still is.

I voted one game from the Core era and one from Crystal era. TR:Last Revelation is, for me, an accumulation of the first three games, bringing together everything that was was done well into one game. TR '13 is an improvement on everything Crystal brought to Tomb Raider in their first 3 games. Neither games are prefect, but I want to keep this positive.

I picked AoD & the LAU tril

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    The poll has been reset on Thursday Aug 8 @ 10:50 AM CET due to numerous requests to make the poll multiple choice.
    Thanks
    When you put multiple choice in on this kind of poll it biases heavily towards the newest games as some people will just tick all the ones they have played.

My favourite of all the games is still as ever TR2 as it has best level design and atmosphere.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    When you put multiple choice in on this kind of poll it biases heavily towards the newest games as some people will just tick all the ones they have played.

My favourite of all the games is still as ever TR2 as it has best level design and atmosphere.
    Actually, it seems to be the other way around. When I first opened this new poll, TR9 was heavily favorited and the other games got just a few votes. When I reset it and made it multiple choice, the results were more spread and older games were chosen next to the latest game as well.

But of course TR9 is the freshest in people's memory, so a level of bias is to be expected.

If you look at the screenshots in the OP, you'll see that whatever the latest game was at the time when a new poll opened, that game was favorite among many/most people.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I grew up with the first 4 so I choose them as they will always have that nostalgia to them. I really like Lara's carefree/reckless attitude in them rather than trying to add emotional meaning and the early games were more chalenging.

TR 2013 is the best TR game in recent years and thought the action and suprises in the eary bits of the game were great. The open world was good but I would like to see more areas I can get lost in. The original Palace Midas took me so long to find my way round and it made it memorable.

TR 2013 because Lara is finally a human I can relate with. And the location was very original and not something done a million times in popular culture. The story and pacing kept me to the edge of my seat always eager to see what happens next without thinking of putting the controller down. Just put in more and/or numerous puzzles in the next one and it would be uber awesome.

Tomb Raider II

I realize it was multiple choice but this is probably my favourite.
    I don't know why it's my favourite. I guess for one thing, it just has some of the best levels and scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    Tomb Raider II

I realize it was multiple choice but this is probably my favourite.
    I don't know why it's my favourite. I guess for one thing, it just has some of the best levels and scenery.
    oh ha

a

TR2 that game.

I like it too...

I think I'd have to choose between TR1, 2, and... I guess TR9... but maybe Legend? IDK. I can never decide.

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    oh ha

a

TR2 that game.

I like it too...

I think I'd have to choose between TR1, 2, and... I guess TR9... but maybe Legend? IDK. I can never decide.
    Well that's the thing, they are good for their own reasons. That's usually what good sequels are like.

I'll own it: my favorite is the reboot. Simply put, I have a huge huge huge love for shipwreck/plane crash survivalist narratives in general.

in order of enjoyment for me

legend
    underworld
    Tomb raider II

the rest were kind of meh, with AOD being the worst one. again just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1t3Kn1te View Post
    in order of enjoyment for me

legend
    underworld
    Tomb raider II

the rest were kind of meh, with AOD being the worst one. again just my opinion.
    I think that's interesting. What did you think of TR1? It's pretty similar to TR2.

TRI, TRII, TRAOD, TRU, & Reboot!

although my overall favorite would be AOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scully View Post
    I think that's interesting. What did you think of TR1? It's pretty similar to TR2.
    TR1 was really fun, but they expanded on everything in II that is what kept me playing it months longer than 1

I really liked Tomb raider anniversary on PC, most of the others dont work on pc, well the controller doesnt so I didnt waste money on the others. But I really did like the exploration the visuals, id sit and have lunch just looking at them. Id really like to see that maze like puzzle of tombs make a comeback. The devs in this game made like a linear game which is cool but like it all sorta looked the same even the color pallets were bleh, everything looked the same nothing stood out. The bold bright colors and contrasts in Tomb Raider anniversary made the game feel alive, did they fire the person who did the color palates for that cuz TR2013 had terrible color design, they need to get rid of that person or send them to whatever mystic cave in tibet the original guy is in and have them learn from this wise guru to get them skills to pay the bills.

To sell any game if its visually unappealing noone wants it.

TR 3.
    It was the first game I played and the one that made me fall in love with the series, so I guess nostalgia plays a role in my decision.
    But even today after having played it multiple times, I still like it best for it's atmosphere, the level of difficulty and the variety of environments.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast