View Poll Results: Do you want to see Croft Manor return?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - in the next game (TR10)

119 84.40%
  • Yes - but in TR11 or later.

12 8.51%
  • No - I hate mazes.

5 3.55%
  • Don't care / No Opinion

5 3.55%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see Croft Manor (Lara's mansion) back in TR10 or later?

Quote Originally Posted by EowynFan View Post
    A cat! This needs to happen! Lara totally seems like a cat person.

Cats are independent, cunning, agile and totally and completely awesome just like Lara.

I like the idea of the cat being a stray she adopted too, not sure why but I just like it.
    Exactly! You don't see it all the time while you are in the house as it moves around. I also think being a stray it would be some kind of kinship? I'm guessing that Lara returns to England alone, beaten and bruised, ready to sort her life out. What faces her is a reflection of herself in the cat, a scraggly stray that was determined to live, so it found a way in.

I think I overthink TR sometimes
    signature image

What I think is essential to the manor is atmosphere; a manorhouse to me is an overglorified concrete bunker if it has no 'soul'.

As I mentioned before I think it needs to be little dark with candlelight, earth colours, harp music, statues of Greek gods - Athena in perticular -
    Outside in the garden there needs to be crickets noise, fountains and a starry firmament. Anniversary's manor pulled this off brilliantly.

Best thing about it was the Wii versions trophy room:

Never mind how she got that T-rex head into the room without spilling blood all over the floor.

But to be honest, I think everything that has been in Anniversary's manor will be essential to the next, plus a whole lot more. Otherwise we'll be asking ourselves: why isn't A in the manor, why is B not there...?

lol, yeah, thats actually a good question indeed how she got that trex head in there. and this is only on the Wii version? shame actually. would like to have this as well for the pc version.

but i agree, the manor in anni was brilliant. i enjoyed it more in then legend.
    signature image

It would be better if the manor is Unlocked when you finish the game.
    Like, when Lara goes home after the adventure when the game ends, the game sends you back to the main menu, it says "You have unlocked Lara's Home!"

Quote Originally Posted by Klona View Post
    Like, when Lara goes home after the adventure when the game ends, the game sends you back to the main menu, it says "You have unlocked Lara's Home!"
    not a bad idea.
    they still can do it the same way as with legend and anni, or as some have said and my self, use her home as a base to wonder around and do the missions when ever you want.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    So, guys.... what do you all think is essential to have in Lara's mansion, if it makes a return in a next game?

Pool?

Obstacle course?

Winston?

.....Maze?
    Obstacle course? Yes.
    Winston? Yes.
    Maze? Yes.
    Walk in freezer? yes. (how did you miss this one? )
    Pool? HELL F***ING YES!!!!!

* what else are Lara & Sam going to do in their down time?

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post

I think I overthink TR sometimes
    We all over think TR. Why else would we be on this forum?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    Obstacle course? Yes.
    Winston? Yes.
    Maze? Yes.
    Walk in freezer? yes. (how did you miss this one? )
    Pool? HELL F***ING YES!!!!!

* what else are Lara & Sam going to do in their down time?

We all over think TR. Why else would we be on this forum?
    Actually, there would not be a pool! (or at least the brand new, Olympic pool in legend and anniversary) It was being constructed In anniversary, which is a part of the saga that WOULD HAVE BEEN taking place further along in Lara's life.
    "Caroline: What's happening with you? What's your problem with pretty?
    Max: Don't wave your divas live hand at me"- 2 broke girls

Quote Originally Posted by Triangle3 View Post
    I like the idea that Lara comes back to a run down croft manor but I don't want a TRL/U story arc in the game where everywhere Lara goes goes she says 'oh my father explored here' as it feels less like wow nobody has been to this Tomb before.
    Yes I agree, I didn't mean they should do the father/parents thing to the same extent again. It could just be a starting off point for the story, rather than the whole story, with Lara discovering more than her father ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    now thinking of it what dr.croft said, a pet would be an interesting addition to laras home as well. i think an south american parrot would suit her as well. would be fun to see her having this bird on her shoulder
    I remember in one of the books based on the Core Design cannon she had a parrot that used to belong to her Grandfather living in the conservatory
    Last edited by Chakram; 07-01-2013 at 07:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Klona View Post
    Parts of it, maybe... But wouldn't it be much better when during the main campaign you can go to the trophy room and check out all the collectables you have found already and how much there's still to go?

Quote Originally Posted by TombRaider4EVERT View Post
    Actually, there would not be a pool! (or at least the brand new, Olympic pool in legend and anniversary) It was being constructed In anniversary, which is a part of the saga that WOULD HAVE BEEN taking place further along in Lara's life.

sounds like an idea to upgrade the manor. like maybe arrange to build a pool and after several missions, its ready and lara can practice diving or other under water activities to reach places in other missions she wasnt able to reach before or for other missions.

@chakram
    dint know that one. who knows, maybe we can choose what lara should have.
    signature image

WATER SLIDE!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

sounds like an idea to upgrade the manor. like maybe arrange to build a pool and after several missions, its ready and lara can practice diving or other under water activities to reach places in other missions she wasnt able to reach before or for other missions.

@chakram
    dint know that one. who knows, maybe we can choose what lara should have.
    I remember how the mansion changed from game to game within the Core era. What would be cool is if the mansion started a little bit of wreck, not much to do and many locked doors. As you go through the game, completing sections and collecting GPS cashes then Winston repairs things and finds the missing keys so you can go to new areas. She could even share an odd memory with him about things she did in the house. when her parents were around.

Latter on in the game you might get things like the quad-bike, pool, gym, a wardrobe full of unlockable outfits to change into, artefact room etc. Makes it more worthwhile searching for extra items and gives the effect of a rebirth on Croft Manor much like we saw with Lara's rebirth in TR (2013).
    signature image

^ That sounds good to me

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post
    WATER SLIDE!
    Now we're talkin' !!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by GemmaDarkmoon View Post
    I remember how the mansion changed from game to game within the Core era. What would be cool is if the mansion started a little bit of wreck, not much to do and many locked doors. As you go through the game, completing sections and collecting GPS cashes then Winston repairs things and finds the missing keys so you can go to new areas. She could even share an odd memory with him about things she did in the house. when her parents were around.
    Sounds like my fanfic I'm writing at the moment
    signature image

sounds like an idea. lets see what CD will do or at least use part of our ideas.
    signature image

The ideas are reat on this thread. Hope CD do get to see them and maybe even use them.

Quote Originally Posted by New Dawn View Post
    The ideas are reat on this thread. Hope CD do get to see them and maybe even use them.
    Meagan sent the link of this thread to Noah Huges!
    So, let's wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by New Dawn View Post
    The devs are watching

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

... and waiting!

DUM dum dum!

This is what I love about TR, it is a little community with feedback (when and where appropriate!) from both sides!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by DrCroft View Post
    This is what I love about TR, it is a little community with feedback (when and where appropriate!) from both sides!
    Exactly! That is why I firmly disagree with people who say that the developers should listen to the fans or are not listening hard enough... On the contrary, feedback from the community is perfectly transferred to the developers by way of Meagan and the developers checking the board from time to time... It's just that they cannot obey a complainers every outlandish wish...

I'm pretty sure England isn't the only country in the world that has showers and clothes stores...

True. But, if given a choice between taking a shower at home or at a hote/motel people would pick going home.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    True. But, if given a choice between taking a shower at home or at a hote/motel people would pick going home.
    Yeah, whenever people go on vacation to far destinations, they interrupt their trip every other day or so to fly hundreds or thousands of miles and spend additional hundreds of dollars just to take showers in their own home. Makes sense...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Yeah, whenever people go on vacation to far destinations, they interrupt their trip every other day or so to fly hundreds or thousands of miles and spend additional hundreds of dollars just to take showers in their own home. Makes sense...

Didn't you see he just said "if given a choice" you... horse!?
    signature image

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast