View Poll Results: Do you want to see Croft Manor return?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - in the next game (TR10)

119 84.40%
  • Yes - but in TR11 or later.

12 8.51%
  • No - I hate mazes.

5 3.55%
  • Don't care / No Opinion

5 3.55%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see Croft Manor (Lara's mansion) back in TR10 or later?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'm pretty sure England isn't the only country in the world that has showers and clothes stores...
    What's a show-er?

As mentioned before, Lara returning to Croft Manor does not necessarily have to mean that she actually lives there

Think a 21 year old who visits her parents' house and her old teenage decorated room still being there with most / a lot of her stuff. She could go through her things, reminisce (whoah - big opportunity for AdobeArtist's liking for character building here! ) and there could be cutscenes with the family butler who maintains the mansion while no one is actually living there, besides the staff.
    awwww, you thought of me
    signature image

Thanks for all the feedback guys! I'll send a link off to Noah!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    YEAHH!
    If you guys start working on the manor now, then by the time you guys start on the main game, I don't know where this is going... Just make the manor nowww!

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    We can haz mansion?
    signature image

Maybe we should talk about manors.

I assume if we get a manor it would be a new one.

Personally, the manor from my visions is gray, and I know that's boring when compared to the gorgeous, red classic home that was so warm and inviting, but I can't help it:

I like this, too some it's just an old, gray box. But to me it's a mansion full of old secrets, a mysterious and creepy property and garden area, maybe with a pond.

It would have extra wings that cannot be seen in this image.

I kind of imagine Lara's manor to have a forested backyard, to some degree, like the hunting lodge area.

But I wonder, would it be a modern home, or an old home?

I'd like if it were old and creeky.

Uh. If we did get a manor, I want to see all the new fans be like "oooh in Lerah's house this so cule!" <3

It's revolutionary but not. D:

edit: My manor needs creepy gardens too:

I'd love something similar to the home in the Woman in Black remake:

May you live in a house of a thousand rooms, and may each room have a thousand beds...and may the dog of a thousand fleas chase you from bed to bed.

Back to the "mansion" thing.... I think it would be hilarious (as an outtake from the game that could be viewed perhaps during the end credits) where Lara is in the mansion, perhaps orienteering a new ally/employee. They pass by one door that looks...rather sturdy and well fortified. As they stroll past the door, the new employee thinks nothing of it....until he/she hears a faint scream from just ...beyond that door? Lara, trying to act as if she isn't missing a beat, says semi-sheepishly: "Oh, don't mind that it's just the-- cat." And the two continue walking on...Lara, feeling as if she narrowly averted disaster, and the new employee feeling as if he/she might be in for more than he/she bargained for.
    Shanghai! Hong Kong! Egg Fu Yung! Fortune cookie always wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Maybe we should talk about manors.

I assume if we get a manor it would be a new one.

Personally, the manor from my visions is gray, and I know that's boring when compared to the gorgeous, red classic home that was so warm and inviting, but I can't help it:

I like this, too some it's just an old, gray box. But to me it's a mansion full of old secrets, a mysterious and creepy property and garden area, maybe with a pond.

It would have extra wings that cannot be seen in this image.

I kind of imagine Lara's manor to have a forested backyard, to some degree, like the hunting lodge area.

But I wonder, would it be a modern home, or an old home?

I'd like if it were old and creeky.

Uh. If we did get a manor, I want to see all the new fans be like "oooh in Lerah's house this so cule!" <3

It's revolutionary but not. D:

edit: My manor needs creepy gardens too:

I'd love something similar to the home in the Woman in Black remake:

I actually like this idea!
    Single, you want somethin?

Our Lady Croft deserves a Palace.

(click image to enlarge)
    Single, you want somethin?

lol, that what would be really weird but awesome if she lives in a palace.
    thanks meagan for forwarding our wishes. hope you guys will consider the ideas we have.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a big house View Post
    What's a show-er?
    A dirty word, I know

Quote Originally Posted by adobeARTIST View Post
    awwww, you thought of me
    ¸.•*¨*•♫♪You are always on my mind...♩♪♫♬

Thank you, thank you very much

----

@LF25: I like the idea of a slightly run down mansion, but it shouldn't be too dull looking. Perhaps a nice touch would be to have some plants growing wild over the outside of the mansion as a sign that upkeep has been lacking:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    This one is my favourite!!!

But I also like LF25's suggestion of the creepy gardens and that "old vibe" for the manor!!!
    signature image

@LF25: I like the idea of a slightly run down mansion, but it shouldn't be too dull looking. Perhaps a nice touch would be to have some plants growing wild over the outside of the mansion as a sign that upkeep has been lacking:
    The way to take the rundown approach (IF that's where they'd go with it) is, yes to show the manor's condition as it is when uninhabited for years and in a state of disrepair from neglect... BUT at the same time to convey an impression we can all sense of the former splendor it once held back in its glory days - and have us thinking its potential for what it can be returned to.

Just think of Gears of War city environments with it's "destroyed beauty" theme.
    signature image

Adding in my own two sense, the interior of the manor should match up to the exterior of the manor......the floor plan of Croft Manor does not exactly match up to that of the exterior of Hatfield House...

Making an actual manor from the ground up is a good idea, so that way we do not have a beautiful exterior and a TV Studio interior. But instead a realistic functioning home...

Croft Manor Floor Plan:

(click image to enlarge)

Hatfield House Exterior:

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

That's really interesting to see the manor floor plan. But you know, the master craftsmen who designed English manors didn't take loading times into account, which is why in Lara's manor there are these long hallways everywhere that lead to just one other room. While walking through these hallways the next area is being loaded, so taking that in mind you can't really expect this virtual house making any real world sense.

What I loved about the manor, especially in Anniversary, was the atmosphere: the candlelight, the cricket noise, fountains, stars and moon outside, and Troels Furmanns meditation music. A house like that could also really use some pretty tiffany lamps.

Oh, and don't forget about the amazing trophy room in the Wii version of Anniversary, that was brilliant!

yes, forgot, we should be able to go outside of the manor and explore the garden. it could be like her outdoor training ground and for relaxing or being together with friends or her lover (sam ). just the whole property to wonder around and not only limited to the manor. that was a good thing in anniversary to go outside.
    also a nice edition would be that you can add things to the manor. trophies, pics, furniture, etc. but i guess that too much to ask for but still a fun little side activity to switch off from her adventures.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post

also a nice edition would be that you can add things to the manor. trophies, pics, furniture, etc. but i guess that too much to ask for but still a fun little side activity to switch off from her adventures.
    Yeah! To 'dress up' the manor with things she'll encounter during the main campaign, like Ezio in AC2 could buy paintings that would show up in his house. That way the house would look better and better as Lara achieves more things in the campaign. That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Yeah! To 'dress up' the manor with things she'll encounter during the main campaign, like Ezio in AC2 could buy paintings that would show up in his house. That way the house would look better and better as Lara achieves more things in the campaign. That would be awesome!
    something like that, yes. renovating the place, just something to invest in to it.
    signature image

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)
    Just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
    Our Lady Croft deserves a Palace.
    http://www.paris-architecture.info/0...ourHonneur.jpg

(click image to enlarge)
    I love this edit of Lara! D:

A dirty word, I know

¸.•*¨*•♫♪You are always on my mind...♩♪♫♬

Thank you, thank you very much

----

[THUMB=http://www.gardenvisit.com/assets/madge/northcote_manor_hotel/600x/northcote_manor_hotel_600x.jpg]width='200'
    [THUMB=http://www.knavesmire.co.uk/images/knavesmire-manor-hotel-york.jpg]width='200'
    [THUMB=http://www.castlehotelireland.com/images/uploads/adare-manor-castle-1.png]width='200'
    [THUMB=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3192/2475091063_1bc79e5ea7.jpg]width='200'
    [THUMB=http://www.kegsteakhouse.com/media/files/locations/Manor_Keg_Web72-3_jpg_476x258_crop_upscale_q85.jpg]width='200'
    [THUMB=http://www.castlehotelireland.com/images/uploads/adare-manor-castle-3.png]width='200'
    Oh yes, overgrown is a must!

Perhaps one end of the home was being remodeled and is much newer and cleaner looking to balance out the oldness?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    I like this idea, even if it just means items we find might appear in some cabinets in the home.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    yes, forgot, we should be able to go outside of the manor and explore the garden. it could be like her outdoor training ground and for relaxing or being together with friends or her lover (sam ).
    Hard workin girls deserve some relaxation by the pool
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    I love this edit of Lara! D:
    With Lara as queen, Britains stamps, coins and banknotes would be the most amazing in the world! Too pretty to spend actually.
    There's one thing odd about that picture though: it seems that in order to become queen she had to have a massive breast reduction...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
    You know, I've seen people comment that Lara isn't aristocratic looking enough. This edit proves she does have that look facially. It goes to show how ones clothes maketh the difference .

I'm surprised no-one has said it so far...Lara needs a cat! Maybe it is a stray one that found it's way in while she has been absent. You can mooch around and then there is a cat just sat on a desk.
    signature image

I want this C:

jk

I want this one <3

Or

signature image

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast