View Poll Results: Do you want to see Croft Manor return?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - in the next game (TR10)

119 84.40%
  • Yes - but in TR11 or later.

12 8.51%
  • No - I hate mazes.

5 3.55%
  • Don't care / No Opinion

5 3.55%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see Croft Manor (Lara's mansion) back in TR10 or later?

Maybe do a throwback thing with Croft Manor like 'Skyfall' at the end of Lara's new reboot arc if it's a trilogy.

Watch Skyfall to get the idea.
    "Jaffa Cakes" One liner to make it into the next TR!

HELL YES.
    no question there.

it also would be a neat idea that its your home base and you can select the missions you want to do. also nice would be that you can go to the city and buy things you need, stroll around like maybe going shopping with sam or just something casual.
    signature image

Maybe visit her parent's manor? But... wait, isn't she trying to make her way alone? Like... She may be living In a flat or something D:

Oh oh, I'd like If the first cut-scene of the game, (right aftet she arrives to England) would be Lara opening the Manor's door, and then restoring it and stuff, :I, maybe she just don't give a crap (after Yamatai) about being a famous archeologist and just wanna solve the mistery? :I
    signature image

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    ^I think that 'I'm not going home' line was as much a metaphor than it was a real meaning. I see it as this is Lara making her choice not to go back to her easy cosy life, this is her changed as someone who no longer feels they can live a regular life anymore. It may not literally mean she's going straight on an adventure from the ship. She may not go 'home' yet but she will no doubt take some time to assess her options.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringAwaken View Post
    Maybe visit her parent's manor? But... wait, isn't she trying to make her way alone? Like... She may be living In a flat or something D:
    Exactly, and we don't know where Lara has been living, for all we know she could be in student accommodation or renting a room above The Nine Bells. "Home" could be anywhere for her at this point.

In the ending monologue Lara talks about not believing and resenting her father for his beliefs, and regretting that she did. I don't think it would be unreasonable for Lara to perhaps begin her next adventure following on from something her father did. She could perhaps visit an empty, run down Croft Manor, to retrieve her fathers journals, use his library for research, or even find his old field gear. It could be an interesting little hub space where we could also find documents giving a little back story to Lara and her family.

Just because she could go there in the next game, it's doesn't mean she has to immediately move in and build an assault course, that could be in the game after
    Last edited by Chakram; 06-26-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Lara should have an archery range now she's got the bow...

signature image

If there's gonna be a butler, I hope he'll be like Alfred in the Nolan Batman trilogy: a witty, funny and wise mentory figure. Old Winston was rather boring in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post

YES! But we need Winston! He could be like a little helper or something, but I really want him back.
    Single, you want somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I

Easy solution - you'll simply... vote later

But...but there lies my problem! I may not decide. I have an opinion as can be seen in my earlier post. I don't want to give an outright no answer even if I do dislike mazes, and I'm undecided about if I'd like to see her visit a manor in the future. I honestly can't imagine this Lara taking up residence in the family manor, not with her being all dependent and all. I imagine she rented or stayed in Uni digs before the Endurance trip. If anything the island events made her more independent than before. I just can't imagine Lara in a luxurious manor when she doesn't even use her parents' money.

Are u kiddin'??
    I would be HAPPY AZ HELL ^^

I'd <3 a Croft Manor to return with it being used as a hub with possible story segments being featured in it.
    Don't send me PM's I'm too classy for that kind of thing. (my inbox is full, kay?)
    signature image

It's a key part of the Lara biography so I can't wait to see her return. If that got changed and they stuck her in a council house or something I would hate that.

The 'I'm not going home' line was sad to hear and hopefully the CD team will change their mind on that real soon.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by IRON LOBSTER View Post
    Watch Skyfall to get the idea.
    I've seen Skyfall over 40 times.
    Nine times the day it was released in theatres.
    "Did somebody say 'vodka?'"
    signature imagesignature image

Yes, but I'd prefer it were a brand new manor, an old one, but new.

As well, not a sequence in the game, I want Croft Manor, as it were, a free-form explorable space with puzzles and secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post
    It's a key part of the Lara biography so I can't wait to see her return. If that got changed and they stuck her in a council house or something I would hate that.

The 'I'm not going home' line was sad to hear and hopefully the CD team will change their mind on that real soon.
    I think it was more of an expression of that, Lara is going to explore and not settle down, occasionally she'll rest at her home and such, however, she realises now she wants to find out the mysteries of the world. Like...

Lara reminds me so much of that animé in wanting to discover the mysteries of the world... ._. kinda random but yeah. P.S. Captions have the lyrics.
    Single, you want somethin?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    HELL YES.
    no question there.

it also would be a neat idea that its your home base and you can select the missions you want to do. also nice would be that you can go to the city and buy things you need, stroll around like maybe going shopping with sam or just something casual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    In the ending monologue Lara talks about not believing and resenting her father for his beliefs, and regretting that she did. I don't think it would be unreasonable for Lara to perhaps begin her next adventure following on from something her father did. She could perhaps visit an empty, run down Croft Manor, to retrieve her fathers journals, use his library for research, or even find his old field gear. It could be an interesting little hub space where we could also find documents giving a little back story to Lara and her family.

Just because she could go there in the next game, it's doesn't mean she has to immediately move in and build an assault course, that could be in the game after
    Both of these are great ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by pomeranianpuppy View Post

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    If there's gonna be a butler, I hope he'll be like Alfred in the Nolan Batman trilogy: a witty, funny and wise mentory figure. Old Winston was rather boring in my opinion...
    The butlers in the games were stiff. But that's what you'd normally expect from a butler.

Hillery (Lara's butler in the movie, the great Chris Barry) however, was much better and complimented Lara in a much better way than any of the games' butlers.

But...but there lies my problem! I may not decide. I have an opinion as can be seen in my earlier post. I don't want to give an outright no answer even if I do dislike mazes, and I'm undecided about if I'd like to see her visit a manor in the future. I honestly can't imagine this Lara taking up residence in the family manor, not with her being all dependent and all. I imagine she rented or stayed in Uni digs before the Endurance trip. If anything the island events made her more independent than before. I just can't imagine Lara in a luxurious manor when she doesn't even use her parents' money.
    As mentioned before, Lara returning to Croft Manor does not necessarily have to mean that she actually lives there

Think a 21 year old who visits her parents' house and her old teenage decorated room still being there with most / a lot of her stuff. She could go through her things, reminisce (whoah - big opportunity for AdobeArtist's liking for character building here! ) and there could be cutscenes with the family butler who maintains the mansion while no one is actually living there, besides the staff.

So there's a perfectly sensible scenario where Croft manor would come into play while Lara herself would not use the manor as her main residence and thus she would stay true to her determination of not using her parents' money.

Quote Originally Posted by Error96 View Post

As said, this was probably meant metaphorically, not literally

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I had an idea a while ago that the house could be used as a training facility (like it always was) but the score you achieve affects Lara's strength and abilities in the opening chapters of TR10. You could also add research abilities that is horned through finding bits and bobs throughout the house and are recorded in Lara's journal. This opens hidden/optional objectives and or areas while playing the full game.

Simply put, the greater the effort you put in before you set out on an adventure, the more you may find and the greater you will be conquering what is ahead.
    signature image

Yes, its a rhetorical question.

96% voted for YES!

Heh, looks like the outcome of this poll is already pretty much a done deal

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Better to look at it as: nobody said 'No Croft Manor in future TR'.

96% voted for YES!

Heh, looks like the outcome of this poll is already pretty much a done deal
    Was there ever a doubt?
    signature image

The butlers in the games were stiff. But that's what you'd normally expect from a butler.

Hillery (Lara's butler in the movie, the great Chris Barry) however, was much better and complimented Lara in a much better way than any of the games' butlers.
    Yes but you have to love playing around with the fridge door in the TR3 manor. I always thought that was the best one. the maor from TR LAU seemed to have too many long coridoors everywhere so it didn't feel quite as homely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    I don't think it would be unreasonable for Lara to perhaps begin her next adventure following on from something her father did. She could perhaps visit an empty, run down Croft Manor, to retrieve her fathers journals, use his library for research, or even find his old field gear. It could be an interesting little hub space where we could also find documents giving a little back story to Lara and her family.
    I like the idea that Lara comes back to a run down croft manor but I don't want a TRL/U story arc in the game where everywhere Lara goes goes she says 'oh my father explored here' as it feels less like wow nobody has been to this Tomb before.

^I think that 'I'm not going home' line was as much a metaphor than it was a real meaning. I see it as this is Lara making her choice not to go back to her easy cosy life, this is her changed as someone who no longer feels they can live a regular life anymore. It may not literally mean she's going straight on an adventure from the ship. She may not go 'home' yet but she will no doubt take some time to assess her options.

I'm kinda with Ninja on this. I loved playing in the manor in previous games. It served as a training level of sorts with fun stuff to do. however, in the past, it was always Lara's home, it was hers (inherited?) and she changed it to suit her purposes. With Lara's new bio the family home is not hers (yet) unless both parents are deceased, and even so Lara refuses to touch her parents' money, so she can't or won't modify her home for her training needs. I suppose it is reasonable to assume Lara would visit the house, even use it as a base before setting off on an adventure, but without her personal modifications it wouldn't have her personal stamp on it, like previous manors did. I can't see it feeling the same. I dunno there would have to be a story reason for her to be there. I wouldn't want it thrown in just because of fan demand. I also hate mazes....where's the 'undecided, I'll vote later' option?

You make a good point. I assumed though she was heading to her next adventure because she was looking at maps and pinpointing pretty much where she would go next. She should go home first though, so she can at least shower and get a new change of clothes. All the nasty things she had to walk in.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
    Yes, but I'd prefer it were a brand new manor, an old one, but new.

As well, not a sequence in the game, I want Croft Manor, as it were, a free-form explorable space with puzzles and secrets.
    I personally feel like since this series is a reboot the mansion should be a reboot, something we haven't seen. But, maybe with some easter eggs of previous games such as maybe excaliber hanging on the wall of the hallway or her room. Not something you can use but just as an easter egg for the fans. Kind of like the plush Kraken was in Lara and Sam's room on the ship.
    signature image

As mentioned before, Lara returning to Croft Manor does not necessarily have to mean that she actually lives there

Think a 21 year old who visits her parents' house and her old teenage decorated room still being there with most / a lot of her stuff. She could go through her things, reminisce (whoah - big opportunity for AdobeArtist's liking for character building here! ) and there could be cutscenes with the family butler who maintains the mansion while no one is actually living there, besides the staff.

So there's a perfectly sensible scenario where Croft manor would come into play while Lara herself would not use the manor as her main residence and thus she would stay true to her determination of not using her parents' money.

Hmm, this does seem feasible. I've decided to choose the 'yes, in the future' option.

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    You make a good point. I assumed though she was heading to her next adventure because she was looking at maps and pinpointing pretty much where she would go next. She should go home first though, so she can at least shower and get a new change of clothes. All the nasty things she had to walk in.
    I'm pretty sure England isn't the only country in the world that has showers and clothes stores...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast