Thread: The Last Revelation - White Shadows (graphics glitch)

Default The Last Revelation - White Shadows (graphics glitch)

So I'm playing TR4 for the first time (PC|Steam|Windows 7 64bit|nVidia GTX 480 driver v.314.22), and started to notice some weird lighting effects, with some areas being flooded with a bright light. This buggered me so much I went to youtube to check some Let's Play videos. Turned out where I saw these bright spots, it should be pitch dark.

So, here's an example of what I see here (on the left) and what I was supposed to see, according to a youtube screencap.

I researched a LOT and couldn't even find anyone having the same problem. Does anybody have a clue?

EDIT: Problem solved!

I actually had it figured out a few minutes ago with a friend who also has the game - since he installed and ran the game for the first time, we could mess with the setup.

For future reference, access the game setup (creating a shortcut for tomb4.exe and adding -setup in the Destination field, after the "). Run this shortcut and configure the game however you want it - except for the Volumetric FX, which must be unchecked:

Last edited by luizfalves; 06-24-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: found answer to my question myself; posting it to help others