Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The 10 Cancelled Legacy of Kains

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    Like I was saying before, Blood Omen's script (available at tlw) has lines for succubi in Vorador's mansion. They were used in the game too.
    I know most of the script off by heart They are not featured as in the stereotypical version, as quoted from Wiki "a succubus is a female demon or supernatural entity that appears in dreams, who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse". I don't recall this actually happening in BO though I admit they did get a passing mention so their existence is there but they are not seen or developed as a race in the games, which is what I wouldn't mind seeing.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    I know most of the script off by heart They are not featured as in the stereotypical version, as quoted from Wiki "a succubus is a female demon or supernatural entity that appears in dreams, who takes the form of a human woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual intercourse". I don't recall this actually happening in BO though I admit they did get a passing mention so their existence is there but they are not seen or developed as a race in the games, which is what I wouldn't mind seeing.
    The part I looked at was in the miscellaneous voices part. In the game, I just assumed the creatures hitting on Kain in Vorador's mansion were all just vampires, but apparently some of them were succubi.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

The part I looked at was in the miscellaneous voices part. In the game, I just assumed the creatures hitting on Kain in Vorador's mansion were all just vampires, but apparently some of them were succubi.
    Yeah I just thought they were all Vors brides from the lines in the game, didn't realise some where actually succibi and classed as such, my bad! Thank you

Nice find, DS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    this, which is gray/black with white or a really, really dark purple.
    Sample RGB values from the skin in that image:

128/139/169 -AKA fairly bright desaturated blue
    84/91/110 - AKA medium desaturated blue
    3/3/5 - AKA very dark desaturated blue

Personally, he looks like a blue Hugh Jackman to me. Maybe the plan was to have him do the voiceover?
    Legacy of Kain: The Lost Worlds
    http://www.thelostworlds.net/

Quote Originally Posted by blincoln View Post
    Personally, he looks like a blue Hugh Jackman to me. Maybe the plan was to have him do the voiceover?
    Now I know why he looks so familiar..

Anything can be de and re-saturated, but that's not the point. NVM. Important thing is how he'd look in the game, but there's no that therefore who gives a fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    this, which is gray/black with white or a really, really dark purple.
    It's supposed to be viewed as blue... Climax Studios folks explicitly said he's blue-skinned.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

I couldn´t resist...

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    I couldn´t resist...

(click image to enlarge)
    that's priceless! Never thought of the similarities until now

So I’ve seen some comments in some areas of the games media interpreting Nosgoth’s existence as something that was somehow ‘pulled’ from the cancelled Dead Sun game. Obviously it’s always fun to try and suggest conclusions, and that's completely understandable when there’s not a lot of information around (which will always be the case with something like a cancelled game).

But I can categorically confirm that Nosgoth was a separate game from the beginning and is very much a unique game in its own right. It was related to the single-player game in terms of a shared art direction, but was always set in an entirely different time period and features different mechanics, characters, levels and gameplay. It isn’t and never was just a multiplayer version of the single-player game.

Personally, I can’t wait to show you exactly what we’ve been working on.

EDIT: Just for clarity, had Dead Sun shipped then Nosgoth would have been its multiplayer companion game. However, to categorize it as the "the multiplayer component of Dead Sun pulled out and fleshed out" isn't really accurate, nor does it do the game justice IMHO.
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 06-20-2013 at 09:37 AM.

I think the Climax Studios folks did allege that it was the multiplayer component, so I'm not sure it's really a distortion of fact on Eurogamer's part. But thanks a lot for explaining that. It's helpful to have some official input on the discourse for a cancelled game, for the first time.

EDIT: Apologies, just saw your edit.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

The Good: won't have Dead Sun's undesired leftovers.
    The Bad: Now we once again don't know the genre of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    It was related to the single-player game in terms of a shared art direction, but was always set in an entirely different time period and features different mechanics, characters, levels and gameplay.
    Is this still the case? Because if it is I may need some antidepressants

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Okay, so...

It’s grown in size and scope since its initial conception and we’ll be talking more about it in the future.
    I'm afraid that's all I can really say right at the moment.

There was nothing wrong with Dead Sun's art direction. It's the story and setting that were troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    There was nothing wrong with Dead Sun's art direction. It's the story and setting that were troublesome.
    Nosgoth's story and setting are distinct and separate from Dead Sun's. There are no common story elements between the games (...other than them taking place in the land of Nosgoth, obviously).

Nosgoth's story and setting are distinct and separate from Dead Sun's. There are no common story elements between the games (...other than them taking place in the land of Nosgoth, obviously).
    A few people seem to have got it into their heads that it was going to have a contemporary setting due to Gien's supposed resemblence to early images of DmC's Dante. I don't see the resemblence myself, but I think you might have to clarify that as well. There's a lot of really crazy conclusions people are coming out with.
    ~ Carfax Abbey

Yeah, I know. That's what I was telling Paradoks: there's nothing to worry about.
    A few people seem to have got it into their heads that it was going to have a contemporary setting due to Gien's supposed resemblence to early images of DmC's Dante. I don't see the resemblence myself, but I think you might have to clarify that as well. There's a lot of really crazy conclusions people are coming out with.
    It's not about contemporary setting: it's about going the "new, modern reboot" direction and it's not about Gein resembling Dante from DmC: it's about the situation with Dead Sun being similar to DmC's - making a reboot that completely disregards previous games and the fanbase with new, hip and modern n'cool and totally radical protagonist.

We'll be sharing concrete details about Nosgoth when we come to reveal it properly, but as I've said it's set in the LoK universe and fits in with the previously established timeline.

As for Dead Sun, it's a cancelled project so I can't really comment on it any further than what I've posted already I'm afraid.

Yeah, I know. That's what I was telling Paradoks: there's nothing to worry about.It's not about contemporary setting: it's about going the "new, modern reboot" direction and it's not about Gein resembling Dante from DmC: it's about the situation with Dead Sun being similar to DmC's - making a reboot that completely disregards previous games and the fanbase with new, hip and modern n'cool and totally radical protagonist.
    Well, I expect that's why SE have gone for the safer option of making a game that observes the established cannon without interfering with it. It can reference the existing story to bring it back to public's attention, but it's not an attempt to replace it with something that might be completely unrecognisable.

I'm glad SE decided not to go with what they had in mind for Dead Sun's story and setting, but I think cancelling it altogether might have been a bit rash. I'm hoping what's happened is that when they realised three years was too long to be spending on one project, they kept the assets and are reviewing whether any of them can be fit into a more suitable story line.

I kind of liked the idea of the succubus especially when I found out Blood Omen had them and IMO the woman in the white dress and hood looked a lot like the Priestess from that old SR1 comic. Gein appeared to have wings in one pic, so maybe with a few tweaks, his model could be used for one of the ancient vampries.
    ~ Carfax Abbey

I have to disagree here. While I think that DS's story and setting could work (although I don't think we've heard enough to make a proper judgement), the art style was the thing that for me didn't fit at all. In short - I'm open to what I've heard and negative to what I saw.
    there's nothing to worry about.
    Except a game in the series being made that's targeting the wrong audience.

Except a game in the series being made that's targeting the wrong audience.
    Being a multiplayer game, Nosgoth is unlikely to have a story of its own: just a retelling of past events. An original story is more likely to be messed up and mess up the universe along with it.

Being a multiplayer game, Nosgoth is unlikely to have a story of its own: just a retelling of past events. An original story is more likely to be messed up and mess up the universe along with it.

That remains to be seen. As far as I know World of Warcraft messed up Warcraft's story quite well. It doesn't change the fact that MP only LoK game doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

It doesn't change the fact that MP only LoK game doesn't make much sense in my opinion.
    Have you considered it might be fun to play though, especially if it's being made with respect?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast