Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Don't let Q hear you say that! lol

    http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictu...ohn+De+Lancie/
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I agree it might open new doors for more LOK games but.. I mean, we have been waiting since 2003 and the demand for a new sp game was always there. But if you look at it how Square actually listens to which games players actually want (cough, ff7 remake, cough), well...

    I donīt mind mp as much, but itīs sometimes being used in games where itīs not needed at all (just look at newest TR). However, it depends on what kind of game "Nosgoth" is of course. My best hope is for it to be a co-op game like GoL but somehow I do not think so. War for Nosgoth implies like fractions fighting against each other or something.

    Maybe they are testing with a small game first if fans are still interested in the franchise? Though Iīd say a remake of BO in 3D would be much better but would also demand more resources and money to make, so I guess we just have to sit and wait.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Devs : Hey people, we want to make a new LoK game! But not really a LoK game.

    Fans : For real? AWESOME. Wait, what?

    Devs : We thought that the story's meh so let's instead make something completely out of the genre. Let's experiment to see how many people will buy?

    Fans : Nuuuu. U mad? The Story's not complete! Don't make an experiment since like that you'll only bury yourself!

    Devs : But, but, we think it's awesome to have multiplayer.

    Majinkura : I hate bronies! Don't be so negative about it!

    Fans : Nuuuuu. Majinkura, Devs, staph! Staph!


  4. #204
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Im willing to wait until the game comes out to cast any real opinikn about it. Im on the fence. But if its terrible or meh, one thing I am sure about....

    Have rock!
    Will throw!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Majinkura : I hate bronies! Don't be so negative about it!

    Fans : Nuuuuu. Majinkura, Devs, staph! Staph!

    the best part is when you mentioned my name...twice XD
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    i just wish eidos would make a true sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance Reaver View Post
    Will never happen. Sorry. With today's costs of creating a games, no one would take a risk of developing sequel to 10 years old game.
    First of all, Dagren explained why backstory isn't such big issue at this point. Secondly, Starcraft got a sequel more than 10 years later, and was an actual sequel to a relatively complex story. American McGee's Alice also got a sequel 10 years later. Neither was a reboot or a retcon-fest. I gave a longer list of belated and unlikely sequels a few years ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Remember, even though it's multi-player, each of you will still play as only 1 person! that's the same number of people you used to be. No one is being cloned here. This is the important thing to remember.
    You don't know that yet, you may very well be controlling a hylden squad. And they could make LoK Racing or LoK Tennis and you would still be controlling just one character.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post
    Tell me more about armor, form changing and >110 enemy types in Soul Reaver.

    But that's off-topic.
    There were obvious differences but the general design and direction were nearly the same. Both were heavily inspired by Zelda.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    It could pull in a lot of new fans and build enough interest to get a new single player chapter in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    think positive and consider what doors it *may* open in the future
    It's a double-edged sword. If it fails (and it is very possible since even the community here is divided) it can be an excuse not to give the franchise another chance, ignoring the fact that the game was in a genre completely unrelated to the previous entries. Like getting the series out of it's grave just to kill it permanently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Maybe they are testing with a small game first if fans are still interested in the franchise? Though Iīd say a remake of BO in 3D would be much better but would also demand more resources and money to make, so I guess we just have to sit and wait.
    Trying to see if there is interest in a single player story oriented action adventure game with a multiplayer only game doesn't sound like a bright idea. I would even take a 2D platformer over this. And I agree that BO1 in 3D would be great. But if it was to be done properly it would need to be a really big project.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    I agree it might open new doors for more LOK games but.. I mean, we have been waiting since 2003 and the demand for a new sp game was always there. But if you look at it how Square actually listens to which games players actually want (cough, ff7 remake, cough), well...

    I donīt mind mp as much, but itīs sometimes being used in games where itīs not needed at all (just look at newest TR). However, it depends on what kind of game "Nosgoth" is of course. My best hope is for it to be a co-op game like GoL but somehow I do not think so. War for Nosgoth implies like fractions fighting against each other or something.

    Maybe they are testing with a small game first if fans are still interested in the franchise? Though Iīd say a remake of BO in 3D would be much better but would also demand more resources and money to make, so I guess we just have to sit and wait.
    There's a good article on why FF7 remake is pretty much impossible.

    As for BO remake... why don't they just make a HD version akin to Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, with all the old resources, but in HD widescreen and with some added features. This alone, coupled with inability to purchase BO1 anywhere (if you don't live in the US AND have a PS3) would get people interested.
    Tell me more about armor, form changing and >110 enemy types in Soul Reaver.
    The general idea - progressing through getting new powers and non-essential power-ups requiring a lot of backtracking to get after getting another power is the same.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    A BO HD remake just needs a huge marketing.

    Or any other LoK game for that matter. Without proper marketing the games simply won't sell good nor would get anyone interested. Keeping it under the radar, now, is a no-no.

    A proper CGI wouldn't hurt. I know SE has the resource and material for it. And trailers, trailers, trailers! Hype up everyone good! Share concept art, share OST samples. Make people talk. Being all secretive about this and wanting to get away with multiplayer in mind won't fix the negativity.

    I mean, TES:Skyrim came up as a 1/3 of a game (left to modders to fix extreme amounts of bugs) and thanks to the Hype alone it sells out at 50$-60$. Not only that but the deluxe version is also something that you need to pay to have (which is basically just some dlc and patches for something that should have been there from the start). And even then I don't think that you get a fishing pole. But, yeah, modding is a huge part of TES games now. But the developers get away with it, a nice disguise for laziness!

    So, I agree. Making a multiplayer game to promote potential SP game is just plain dumb. Something similar was done with the prequel to a MMO, made in SP, called Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning. With a budget of 75.000.000$ they went bankrupt just like that. Citizens of Rhode Island owning the game and the company.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    I mean, TES:Skyrim came up as a 1/3 of a game (left to modders to fix extreme amounts of bugs) and thanks to the Hype alone it sells out at 50$-60$. Not only that but the deluxe version is also something that you need to pay to have (which is basically just some dlc and patches for something that should have been there from the start). And even then I don't think that you get a fishing pole. But, yeah, modding is a huge part of TES games now. But the developers get away with it, a nice disguise for laziness!
    Sorry, but I disagree with you on this one. While the amount of bugs in Bethesda games is legendary, 1/3 of the game? No way in hell, man, Skyrim has a helluva content and patches just make it work better, not restore 2/3s of it. And Skyrim was supported by devs themselves very well, with them adding new gameplay features in patches, something devs rarely do, especially nowadays. As for DLCs, they are extremely unnecessary: you've got two completely new storylines (one of which comes with a big new chunk of land to explore) and one smaller "build your own house" DLC which was primarily meant for consoles and was released on PC just so PC gamers won't rage on Bethesda for not giving them an option to buy it. All three DLCs were released WAY after the game and were expansions, not disc-locked content. Plus the devs were extremely, especially for today, helpful and supportive of the modding community, with the Creation Kit and Steam Workshop and keeping the good old plugin system. Add in the fact that the game has infinite generic quests and respawning monsters, including dragons, and you get a game you can potentially play until the world ends.
    Bottomline: Skyrim sold not only because of marketing, but also because it was just really damn good and word of mouth was spreading really well. Also it sold because it was a sequel to Morrowind and Oblivion, games of the year 2002 and 2006 respectively and they were both also really damn good.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majinkura View Post
    THANK YOU!!!! finally some fans that make some sense for a change...i mean all this negativity makes me think of those horrible bronies(yes i dislike bronies.)
    Well, fans have been wanting a new LOK game for a long time, so the reactions are understandable. Though some of them are perhaps jumping the gun a bit.

    All I'm saying is, keep an open mind and wait until you play the game to really make up your mind

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    It's a double-edged sword. If it fails (and it is very possible since even the community here is divided) it can be an excuse not to give the franchise another chance, ignoring the fact that the game was in a genre completely unrelated to the previous entries. Like getting the series out of it's grave just to kill it permanently.
    Everything is possible in life. A SP game wouldn't guarantee anything, either. Just sayin'

    As for the community being divided, it is in my view too early to say that. Not much info has been released at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    There's a good article on why FF7 remake is pretty much impossible.
    Got a link?

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this new multiplayer game. It could pull in a lot of new fans and build enough interest to get a new single player chapter in the story. On the other hand, it's a completely different team and a completely different type of game. I just hope they understand what the series is all about and don't contradict what has come before.

    EDIT: Just as a precaution, though. It might be worth trying to arrange a discussion with George (or someone on the actual dev team) just to see how much they know about the series so far.
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.

    I'm all up for having a discussion... but all in good time. Right now, we're all heads-down and nose to the grindstone in the preparation phase, getting all the various materials in place etc, and we want to make sure that the game feels right before speaking about it more plainly and openly.

    As I told VG247, I'm sorry to be so cagey... we just felt it was important to tell you what Nosgoth *isn't* so as to properly manage your expectations. The time to tell you what Nosgoth *is* will be coming soon, but not just yet.

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 06-10-2013 at 05:02 AM.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree with you on this one.
    Well, you are correct regarding some things. I was exaggerating a bit. Some trees looked like stuck toothpicks to me. And it took me around 5-6 months to properly mod it only to find myself losing an interest in the actual gameplay after that. nvm
    ------

    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously.
    Cheers to that!

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.
    Whatever happens with Nosgoth, you and the new team have my highest respect for giving things a try on that front, rather than copping out and terminating the continuity of the original series with a reboot.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.
    Thank you, now I feel more at ease
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    Oh, I was hoping you could drop by, thank you! So, did you like SR1 too? What is your part on the project Nosgoth? If you can say that, ofc.

    I think we are all just mainly afraid if the game will be good and hoping it will be the genre we like. It is a big thing to us since we have been waiting to hear anything about the world of Nosgoth for years and now we find out there is a game about our fav series.
    I was especially afraid that they will change too much if it would be a reboot, great to hear you are keeping the history as it is. I hope the game will be unveiled soon (hoping for very very soon ).

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Oh, I was hoping you could drop by, thank you! So, did you like SR1 too? What is your part on the project Nosgoth? If you can say that, ofc.

    I think we are all just mainly afraid if the game will be good and hoping it will be the genre we like. It is a big thing to us since we have been waiting to hear anything about the world of Nosgoth for years and now we find out there is a game about our fav series.
    I was especially afraid that they will change too much if it would be a reboot, great to hear you are keeping the history as it is. I hope the game will be unveiled soon (hoping for very very soon ).
    I loved SR1 (played it on the Dreamcast) - the story was just magnificent, although I feel that almost every gameplay mechanic was improved on in SR2 (and SR2 had more interesting environments too, IMHO).

    On Nosgoth, I'm the game's Community Manager - which as a long-time LoK fanboy is pretty much a dream gig! I look forward to discussing my exact involvement so far in greater detail once we're ready to do so.

    With regards to genre, all I can say right now is that you really shouldn't be thinking of Nosgoth as a game in terms of a single-player experience.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9

    Default

    a new game is coming...So it unfolds... and we are a step closer to our destinies.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Well... I have sat back the last few days and watched opinions fly this way and that way, and simply smiled.

    News of "Nosgoth" was, fantastic.

    Yes, it may be very, very different than anything we have known, or expected... but let us consider for a moment.

    The game could have been a complete reboot, A shadow of LoK bearing some vague similarities and name alone... I am trusting in what George has said that this will not be the case, and that a certain level of respect will be given to the existing Lore of our beloved world.

    Let us look at a little of what is assumed so far... Its not going to be a standard LoK game, nor should be looked at in a single player experience. Frankly, most games, even Single Player games, are drawing in elements of the online world and multiplayer or community elements. The level of Multiplayer within the new "Nosgoth" has not been dictated to us yet... Multiplayer isnt necessarily a bad thing. We dont live in the days where to play a game you were cut off from the world... Hell, if Games, even Single Player games, did not have some unified community these boards wouldnt even exist.

    I remember hearing somewhere that a company called Psyonix were helping in development of the game in some form or another. I dont know how many of you have looked them up, but they seem to lend their services to other clients, specialising in Unreal Engine integration and have had a hand in games such as Gears of War, Unreal Tornament, Bulletstorm and Homeland.

    Their solo works include a Playstation Network game, and an iOS game... Again, is this evidence that it will be a mobile game? No, it is not... and if it is a Mobile game? Well who can blame them, it seems to be where the profit is at lately, and as has been said, it may open the doors for things to come. But i do not believe that this will be a Mobile game.

    If its an MMO? Why not, sure, MMO Players and MMO games are somewhat frowned on, and alot of the big MMO titles have now gone to a cashcow Free to Play model, but they game style lends itself to diverse worlds full of Lore and History, which Nosgoth is in its entirity... I do not believe an MMO would without a doubt ruin the franchise... It may not be what everyone wants, but its a possibility.

    RTS... again, "With Our Holy Wars, our obsession with Nosgoth's Domination..." what better model of game to play out those motives that "transcend all notion of good and evil". Sure, it may not be what everyone wants, but again a possibility.

    MOBA... well... honestly i find some MOBA games fun, for quick thoughtless play, however, I do not believe the model fits LoK, as MOBA's do not require or display huge story driven worlds.

    At the end of the day... not EVERYONE is going to want ONE type of game, I am sure there are people who are sick of Single Player Adventure games. Look at the evidence these days... Games like Quick Time Event games, (Look at the Jurassic Park game, and alot of recent Tomb Raiders.)

    I would rather see Nosgoth taken in a new direction with new ideas, than given over to some Single Player Game development that adds all the things that make AAA Cinematic games so "good"... but are actually QUITE "bad"

    At the end of the day. We found a leak, and Square Enix have been kind enough to appease us with giving an official confirmation long before they were ready to... Beyond that, the cards are held tightly to their chests... we do not know the future... We cannot fathom what, or when, Nosgoth will be.

    All we can do is stand on the precipice of time and watch the turn of our world... and Wait, Hope, if you wish... fear, and worry, if you must... but hold off the hatred until we all know WHAT we are hating....

    "Hate Me... but do it honestly"

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I'm still not very enthusiastic about this, though logically it was expected it to be some sort of an MMO set at "Clan wars" period.

    If it's some sort of an MOBA, it will be fun. I know from personal experience how nice it is to see all the champions/heroes etc and given the lore of Nosgoth it'll be even better.

    If it's an MMO it's still good, though that does count as a single-player experience to some extent.
    If it's an RTS that would surprise me even more due to a fact that it's a major genre switching.

    I sure hope it's not some sort of a first person/3rd person sort of a thing in similar regard like that of the game "Smite".

    The thing is, I'll play it regardless of what it is since it is officially "Nosgoth" lore, but I'm already certain that only a proper sequel will satisfy my...hunger.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Making sure that we respect the series canon is something we take very seriously. I know you'll think I'd say that anyway, but we're devoted fans of the lore established in the previous games, so it's only natural we'd want to ensure Nosgoth both complements them and expands upon them.

    I'm all up for having a discussion... but all in good time. Right now, we're all heads-down and nose to the grindstone in the preparation phase, getting all the various materials in place etc, and we want to make sure that the game feels right before speaking about it more plainly and openly.

    As I told VG247, I'm sorry to be so cagey... we just felt it was important to tell you what Nosgoth *isn't* so as to properly manage your expectations. The time to tell you what Nosgoth *is* will be coming soon, but not just yet.

    Anyway, pleasure to make your collective acquaintance. Just for full disclosure, my fave game in the series was SR2 on PS2, although I did really enjoy BO2 as well (it had some really nice mechanics and looked great on the original Xbox).
    I didn't realise you were watching! I understand there wouldn't be much you could answer right now. I know a few fans have done in person interviews before, but I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to do that myself. Maybe when the project is further along and I'm less busy, I could convince someone to come with me or perhaps just send some questions over email.

    For now, I'd just want to ask whether anyone on the team has read Amy's notes from before she left crystal dynamics or any notes on The Dark Prophecy? Would you consider releasing any of that info along with the game?

    Will the information given outside of the games such as in FAQs be taken into account. In particular the ones here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=37412 where it is explained how Raziel's present self is trapped in the blade, but his future self (the wraith blade) is released into Kain.

    Finally, do you have any idea what would need to happen for a HD collection or a port of the dreamcast version of SR1? Is it technical issues or is it just a case of someone giving it the green light?
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    I loved SR1 (played it on the Dreamcast) - the story was just magnificent, although I feel that almost every gameplay mechanic was improved on in SR2 (and SR2 had more interesting environments too, IMHO).

    On Nosgoth, I'm the game's Community Manager - which as a long-time LoK fanboy is pretty much a dream gig! I look forward to discussing my exact involvement so far in greater detail once we're ready to do so.

    With regards to genre, all I can say right now is that you really shouldn't be thinking of Nosgoth as a game in terms of a single-player experience.
    Alright, dude, I know you try to be really nice and calm us all down and I don't want to be rude, but yeah, telling us what Nosgoth isn't isn't really helpful. I can tell what it isn't. It's most certainly not a Sega Genesis beat'em up. Or a Dreamworks movie. Or a Stephanie Meyer book. Doesn't bring us any close to what it is, does it?
    Damn the corporate policies. If you have to announce something, do just that, don't mess around. Especially when the fact of game's existence is well-known to everybody.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Alright, dude, I know you try to be really nice and calm us all down and I don't want to be rude, but yeah, telling us what Nosgoth isn't isn't really helpful. I can tell what it isn't. It's most certainly not a Sega Genesis beat'em up. Or a Dreamworks movie. Or a Stephanie Meyer book. Doesn't bring us any close to what it is, does it?
    Damn the corporate policies. If you have to announce something, do just that, don't mess around. Especially when the fact of game's existence is well-known to everybody.
    Quite frankly, He, Square, Eidos.... anyone.... Did not HAVE to say anything

    They have done MORE than they have had to do by telling us ANYTHING, it shows they give a damn about our expectations and our fevor atleast.

    Secondly, George -definitely- did not have to come here to a public board to post ANYTHING in response to us... so being a little obtuse in your response is not all that necessary now, is it?

    Yes, its obvious we all know about its existence... but they were not planning on revealing anything yet and first impressions are damned important. When they have something ready that they are happy for us to see and criticize, they will reveal it to us. until then, take ANY official info you get as a blessing, because there are other people and companies that would just feign indifference even with the kind of leaks that "Nosgoth" has had.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    I didn't realise you were watching! I understand there wouldn't be much you could answer right now. I know a few fans have done in person interviews before, but I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to do that myself. Maybe when the project is further along and I'm less busy, I could convince someone to come with me or perhaps just send some questions over email.

    For now, I'd just want to ask whether anyone on the team has read Amy's notes from before she left crystal dynamics or any notes on The Dark Prophecy? Would you consider releasing any of that info along with the game?

    Will the information given outside of the games such as in FAQs be taken into account. In particular the ones here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=37412 where it is explained how Raziel's present self is trapped in the blade, but his future self (the wraith blade) is released into Kain.

    Finally, do you have any idea what would need to happen for a HD collection or a port of the dreamcast version of SR1? Is it technical issues or is it just a case of someone giving it the green light?
    The truth is I don't know about Amy's notes, although I know I personally haven't read them (even though the prospect has me salivating). Even if I did know, I'm not even sure what I'd be allowed to say, especially as Crystal Dynamics aren't involved with Nosgoth and I assume her notes would be their property. So yes, "i don't know" is the only answer I can give right now.

    Regarding extraneous information, the answer is "yes" and "no". "Yes" in the sense that we've done our very best to absorb all knowledge about LoK's narrative as revealed in the games and elsewhere, and "no" in the sense that it's not really relevant to Nosgoth. As I said in my statement, Nosgoth is very much on a seperate branch of the LoK mythos to Soul Reaver and Blood Omen (and, by extension, Defiance). It's definitely the same familiar universe, though.

    Regarding an HD collection, I'm afraid I have absolutely no information about that to share, I'm afraid. I would have thought that all the games being playable on Steam would have circumvented this issue, though?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pillar of Balance View Post
    Quite frankly, He, Square, Eidos.... anyone.... Did not HAVE to say anything

    They have done MORE than they have had to do by telling us ANYTHING, it shows they give a damn about our expectations and our fevor atleast.

    Secondly, George -definitely- did not have to come here to a public board to post ANYTHING in response to us... so being a little obtuse in your response is not all that necessary now, is it?

    Yes, its obvious we all know about its existence... but they were not planning on revealing anything yet and first impressions are damned important. When they have something ready that they are happy for us to see and criticize, they will reveal it to us. until then, take ANY official info you get as a blessing, because there are other people and companies that would just feign indifference even with the kind of leaks that "Nosgoth" has had.
    That's okay, I understand that tensions are running high about this game. Heck, when they first told me about Nosgoth, as a big LoK fan I needed to be convinced just as much as you lot! I'm happy to say that having got my hands on it plus having seen what we're doing with it and the attention lavished on it, I'm now very much an enthusiast and I look forward to sharing that enthusiasm with you all (relatively) soon.

    Again, sorry to be so vague. And sorry if my presence here is only sporadic, as I said we're still very much in the preparation phase.

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Alright, dude, I know you try to be really nice and calm us all down and I don't want to be rude, but yeah, telling us what Nosgoth isn't isn't really helpful. I can tell what it isn't. It's most certainly not a Sega Genesis beat'em up. Or a Dreamworks movie. Or a Stephanie Meyer book. Doesn't bring us any close to what it is, does it?
    Damn the corporate policies. If you have to announce something, do just that, don't mess around. Especially when the fact of game's existence is well-known to everybody.
    Not to jump onto the defense train or anything, but yeah - what POB said.

    I'd also like to point out that game companies (talking in general) usually have reveal dates planned way in advance. Just because something got leaked and/or people heavily speculating is no reason to demand the company to just spill all the beans ahead of schedule.

    Finally, GK's post obviously did make some folks feel somewhat relieved and calmed them down, if you read the responses. So just because it's not enough info for everyone (which, of course is perfectly understandable) doesn't mean the info - as little as it may be - is useless.

    Not saying you can't be critical, but maybe you can also try to see it from some of the other fans' perspective who do appreciate the info

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    The truth is I don't know about Amy's notes, although I know I personally haven't read them (even though the prospect has me salivating). Even if I did know, I'm not even sure what I'd be allowed to say, especially as Crystal Dynamics aren't involved with Nosgoth and I assume her notes would be their property. So yes, "i don't know" is the only answer I can give right now.
    I know you wouldn't be able to say what was in them, but just knowing there was a chance of any of it showing up when Nosgoth is released would be pretty exciting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Regarding extraneous information, the answer is "yes" and "no". "Yes" in the sense that we've done our very best to absorb all knowledge about LoK's narrative as revealed in the games and elsewhere, and "no" in the sense that it's not really relevant to Nosgoth. As I said in my statement, Nosgoth is very much on a seperate branch of the LoK mythos to Soul Reaver and Blood Omen (and, by extension, Defiance).
    Same as above. It would have been nice to think some of that info had a chance of showing up in this game. What about Daniel Cabuco's forums? Has anyone had a look through some of the questions from there? (There's an LOK specific forum.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Regarding an HD collection, I'm afraid I have absolutely no information about that to share, I'm afraid. I would have thought that all the games being playable on Steam would have circumvented this issue, though?
    The dreamcast version had a higher level of detail than the versions currently on Steam and other places, which would be nice to see working on a current platform. I wasn't so much asking whether it will be released, as asking what effects the descisions regarding it.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •