Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    I love how everyone is freaking out about this. Relax people and give it a chance

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I love how everyone is freaking out about this. Relax people and give it a chance
    You know, I probably would. But this for me is like waiting a child to be born.

    A c'mon, join the euphoria It's been almost a decade

  3. #178
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I love how everyone is freaking out about this. Relax people and give it a chance
    i know right ppl need to just chill the heck out and wait till the darn thing is out there,then complain all they want...sheesh....
    Last edited by majinkura; 06-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    523

    Default

    I won't be giving a chance to a game in a genre that I have no interest in. And I won't be buying it just because there is nothing else. That would be a beggar's approach, an approach on which I'm afraid someone who decided on the direction of the game counted on. Be excited all you want. No one is denying you that right. But don't expect others who don't like what they hear to join.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I'm totally down for an MMO, if done well. I'd love to be a vamp or hylden or perhaps even a reaper thing working for the Elder god.

    If it's an RTS or TBRPG, I'm out.

    I think there are plenty of stories beyond Raz and Kain's for Nosgoth to tell. I'm cautiously optimistic.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
    Be excited all you want. No one is denying you that right. But don't expect others who don't like what they hear to join.
    well i'm not expecting anything from anyone,everyone has their own opinion afterall..but being negative on a title/game based on vague information without even seeing the finished project is a tad harsh IMO.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    To be honest, let's pass free and genuine comment on what we have, because there's every justification to do so. That's why community managers exist in the first place. It's cool if there are those who support the vision of this game already, but argumentation along the lines of "stop being negative until we see more" is so clichéd and played out, and doesn't have a good basis.
    Last edited by Aevum; 06-09-2013 at 08:58 AM. Reason: no spelling bees for me
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

  8. #183
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    yeah well..hating on a game that isn't even out yet is also cliched as well...and im done on this matter...enjoy complaining away on something that could possibly be canceled yet again due to the early negativity-fest.
    Last edited by majinkura; 06-08-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Agoura Hills
    Posts
    104

    Default

    I suppose I expected too much from SE, considering how successful Deus Ex: HR and recently Tomb Raider were. I truly thought that maybe with SE's financial backing, Eidos would someday revive LOK. Not a sequel mind you, but a reboot or a remake or something like that. But after ten years of waiting, this is what I get? A multiplayer only game? I don't mean to sound so negative, but seriously!? Sure an MMO sounds nice for like Elder Scrolls or something, but for LOK that's just...just diluting what had always been a single-player story driven game!

    *Takes several deep breaths* I honestly hope that this game proves me wrong and is amazing, because right now, I am, for the lack of a forum appropriate word, disappointed in SE.
    "I am everywhere...and nowhere. I am everything...and nothing. I am...fear itself!"

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    531

    Default

    LOK FAN, you just got a new game! What are you gonna do now?

    "It's no different than any other day, Jim! We're going to stick with our regular routine of self-torture. That's right! We're going to Flagellation Town!"


    THIS JUST IN:
    Remember, even though it's multi-player, each of you will still play as only 1 person! that's the same number of people you used to be. No one is being cloned here. This is the important thing to remember.



    I for one am going to play the hell out of this game on Youtube! I'm excited to see what they're excited about. Also, almost the entire cast died last time around, either on screen or in real life, so if we held out for a direct sequel it'd basically be Kain doing a one man show. It'd be stretched too thin. It's time to fatten the world up some! (As they're doing!)

    Also, there was plenty of time to get used to LOK being over as we knew it.
    This will be LOK as we haven't known it.

    So now at last you understand why it was wrong to vote for Obama: Change is Bad! Every young Democrat has to learn the truth eventually! Mwa ha ha ha! ....change is also sexy and hot, though. Change is how they were able to get us a new title. So hug this baby LOK to your armpits, sight unseen, and rub it around in there deep. Put your musk on it to let it know it's loved. No! Not in there! I said in your pits. You know I didn't mean that pit! Hey you guys. That's not right. Quit it.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaverofCupcakes View Post
    I suppose I expected too much from SE, considering how successful Deus Ex: HR and recently Tomb Raider were.
    Well that's the thing. They were not successful in SE's eyes. They announced recently that they just broke even on Tomb Raider's investments.
    Their recent games were critically acclaimed, true, but they did not sell billions of copies like Square expected. They've also said their social games were doing better and that they were wondering about going into the mobile market.
    And look what we've got. An iOS exclusive Deus Ex game and high chances of having a free-to-play MP LoK game.
    And that's not stupid. If you're going to sell billions of copies/DLCs/Cosmetic stuff for a dirt cheap game in today's market, why would you bother investing in the development of multi-million dollars AAA games that'll sell a million copies or so? No, that's not stupid, that's just sad.

    I hope I'm wrong but evidence tends to say overwise.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    522

    Default

    ppl need to just chill
    Of course, it's not like everyday that someones favorite game series will get another installment. Totally be cool with the fact that it's going to be multiplayer oriented. Just "shhh" to it and swallow the stone. If we don't complain, the players, who will?

    That would be a beggar's approach
    Exactly, it's like waiting at the restaurant to get some bread crumbs. The developers have to know that we're all waiting for a single-player action-adventure type of a game that's not chipchopchoppitychop. And in it there should be Simon Templeman (at least). If they do it they should do it right!

    hating on a game that isn't even out yet is also cliched as well
    It's not "hatred" to be concise, it's more of a negative attitude because it completely destroys the thought of having a sequel and moreover completely fulfills the role of a game that lives up based on the old glory. This is pure experimentation, and while it might initialize something greater (and probably a sequel) in the future it still might depend upon how great the sales were. SE do not look to keep the tradition of the games (which is kind of funny due to a fact that many Japaneses are keeping their tradition with utmost respect) and the fact for that is Deus Ex being on iOS. One of the greatest PC games ever to gaze the PC gaming platform went mobile. From one side it's an act of fighting the piracy, from another it's an act of desperation and seeking market wherever there're buyers.

    Sure an MMO sounds nice for like Elder Scrolls or something
    Any MMO that came up from a single-player only games is not going to be looked upon as "a game" but more of a "money seller".

    Blizzard sold out their fans with World of Warcraft. Many fans still waiting Warcraft 4. There're WoW players who don't know what's "Warcraft the frozen throne" - they ask "Is that a new patch?". That's sad.
    KOtoR sold out their fans with a MMO TOR. And it was pay-to-play at first KOtoR kept a good fanbase who gave a lot of mods and fixed a lot of compatibility issues for the newer systems.
    And now TES mmo?! The history of WoW repeats itself, only this time players won't ask what's "TES" or what's "Morrowind" or what's "Daggerfall".
    The fact is that MMOs work great for people who mindlessly play them, but those things are like the black holes for the glowing stars that great single-player games represent (Yes I know that Warraft's both single and multi, but that's irrelevant).

    So, I disagree that TES mmo is a good thing. But that's also experimentation and trying to earn more money. Soon after you might see Fallout mmo and get even greater number of negative comments.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    LOK FAN, you just got a new game! What are you gonna do now?

    "It's no different than any other day, Jim! We're going to stick with our regular routine of self-torture. That's right! We're going to Flagellation Town!"


    THIS JUST IN:
    Remember, even though it's multi-player, each of you will still play as only 1 person! that's the same number of people you used to be. No one is being cloned here. This is the important thing to remember.



    I for one am going to play the hell out of this game on Youtube! I'm excited to see what they're excited about. Also, almost the entire cast died last time around, either on screen or in real life, so if we held out for a direct sequel it'd basically be Kain doing a one man show. It'd be stretched too thin. It's time to fatten the world up some! (As they're doing!)

    Also, there was plenty of time to get used to LOK being over as we knew it.
    This will be LOK as we haven't known it.

    So now at last you understand why it was wrong to vote for Obama: Change is Bad! Every young Democrat has to learn the truth eventually! Mwa ha ha ha! ....change is also sexy and hot, though. Change is how they were able to get us a new title. So hug this baby LOK to your armpits, sight unseen, and rub it around in there deep. Put your musk on it to let it know it's loved. No! Not in there! I said in your pits. You know I didn't mean that pit! Hey you guys. That's not right. Quit it.
    This is what I mean. Soul Reaver also was a huge change from BO. Was it necessarily bad? Of course not! We might be waiting for something fresh and innovative, not just some bland MOBA or MMO. The fact that it is not singleplayer does not have to mean anything.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    This is what I mean. Soul Reaver also was a huge change from BO. Was it necessarily bad? Of course not! We might be waiting for something fresh and innovative, not just some bland MOBA or MMO. The fact that it is not singleplayer does not have to mean anything.
    Not really huge. The changes were of stylistic and graphical nature: the gameplay is mostly the same.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    Not really huge. The changes were of stylistic and graphical nature: the gameplay is mostly the same.
    Tell me more about armor, form changing and >110 enemy types in Soul Reaver.

    But that's off-topic.

    Maybe the best thing this upcoming game would do is rid the franchise of its commercial value so that Dyack and the Precursor Games would buy it and make us a real Blood Omen 2.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquid View Post
    Also, almost the entire cast died last time around, either on screen or in real life, so if we held out for a direct sequel it'd basically be Kain doing a one man show.
    Almost the entire cast died? One person died in real life, Tony Jay. Raziel sacrificed himself, but that's it for the game. Vorador, Moebius, and Mortanius were already dead to begin with since BO1. Ariel still haunts the Pillars, as her sacrificed self came from the SR1 era. Vorador should be resurrected, given this is BO2's prequel. The Elder God needed to be recast, but he/it is very much alive and is the ultimate antagonist Kain should be facing -- amorphous and everywhere -- along with time and reality, itself, other dimensional beings/the entire demon realm and potential Hylden, Janos in there, also. The most epic of conclusions is there ripe for the showing.

    Regardless of what this new game is about, shirking off the gold mine of epic story that this final game is in waiting with false, exaggerated dismissals is unwarranted. That sounds more like executive's excuse that's never played the series

    As Yoda would tell them, "Always with you, it cannot be done." And then he'd lift that giant space fighter over their heads.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Now I’ve got over the initial shock of it not being single-player and gone through every emotion under the sun I think I will try to wait out before I pass final judgement. I remember thinking/feeling all these things when they started the SR side of the series but that turned out great. Of course this isn’t what I (or any of us) were expecting but you never know multi-player (and if its an MOBA) could be a right laugh. Like others have said it could pave the way for a proper LoK game in the future, and that's what I'm hoping for. I’m still worried though lol.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I don't understand all these people who say SE would need to reboot the franchise in order to bring newcomers into it.
    We finished Raziel's story arc with the last game. That was the part that would have been tough to explain to newcomers, had we had to finish it. But it is over and there is no need to explain it.
    At this point, what's important to know about the story? That Kain's been healed from his corruption thanks to his old lieutenant Raziel and that he needs to restore the Pillars, kill a God and deal with the Hyldens one way or another?
    It's not hard to explain that much in a new game. Want to know how he was healed? Go play the goddamn Raziel story arc (and you will if you enjoyed our new game!)

    I mean, there are a lot of games with a huge backstory. The thing is, you don't need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of it to enjoy the story that is presented in the game. You'll dig into the backstory if you enjoyed the story, not the other way around.

    As for characters being dead:
    1) That's not true.
    2) Introduce new characters. We are in a new arc of this story: imagine the possibilities... several compelling Hylden characters... humans, too (why not use the Priestess that was cut from Soul Reaver?). Not too hard, right? :P

    Rebooting stuff is just admitting we cannot be arsed to create something new and creative. But I suppose since every entertainment company does it these days people have come to accept it.

    About our new game (and topic, sorry for derailing BTW) at hand, I've still not recovered from the initial shock like you guys. I think their was no initial shock for me. I just think MP only LoK, whatever type of game it is, is a bad idea.
    Come on, game company behind this game! prove me otherwise! But I just won't hold my breath.

    Edit: Thinking about it, a reboot would be rather ironical for this game series. One of its strength is integrating and explaining a lot of rough story elements (I'm looking at you BO2) into the overall story. And we should thank Amy Hennig (and her crew) for that. Other companies/authors would just retcon the hell out of it. Reboot is just the biggest retcon of them all :P

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagren View Post
    I don't understand all these people who say SE would need to reboot the franchise in order to bring newcomers into it.
    We finished Raziel's story arc with the last game. That was the part that would have been tough to explain to newcomers, had we had to finish it. But it is over and there is no need to explain it.
    At this point, what's important to know about the story? That Kain's been healed from his corruption thanks to his old lieutenant Raziel and that he needs to restore the Pillars, kill a God and deal with the Hyldens one way or another?
    It's not hard to explain that much in a new game. Want to know how he was healed? Go play the goddamn Raziel story arc (and you will if you enjoyed our new game!)

    I mean, there are a lot of games with a huge backstory. The thing is, you don't need to have an encyclopedic knowledge of it to enjoy the story that is presented in the game. You'll dig into the backstory if you enjoyed the story, not the other way around.

    As for characters being dead:
    1) That's not true.
    2) Introduce new characters. We are in a new arc of this story: imagine the possibilities... several compelling Hylden characters... humans, too (why not use the Priestess that was cut from Soul Reaver?). Not too hard, right? :P

    Rebooting stuff is just admitting we cannot be arsed to create something new and creative. But I suppose since every entertainment company does it these days people have come to accept it.

    About our new game (and topic, sorry for derailing BTW) at hand, I've still not recovered from the initial shock like you guys. I think their was no initial shock for me. I just think MP only LoK, whatever type of game it is, is a bad idea.
    Come on, game company behind this game! prove me otherwise! But I just won't hold my breath.

    Edit: Thinking about it, a reboot would be rather ironical for this game series. One of its strength is integrating and explaining a lot of rough story elements (I'm looking at you BO2) into the overall story. And we should thank Amy Hennig (and her crew) for that. Other companies/authors would just retcon the hell out of it. Reboot is just the biggest retcon of them all :P
    Good to hear someone talking some sense!

    I'm not sure what to make of this new multiplayer game. It could pull in a lot of new fans and build enough interest to get a new single player chapter in the story. On the otherhand it's a completely different team and a completely different type of game. I just hope they understand what the series is all about and don't contradict what has come before.

    EDIT: Just as a precaution, though. It might be worth trying to arrange a discussion with George (or someone on the actual dev team) just to see how much they know about the series so far.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 06-09-2013 at 12:34 PM.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    It could pull in a lot of new fans and build enough interest to get a new single player chapter in the story.
    Something to keep in mind, for sure

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Something to keep in mind, for sure
    Are you trying to give us an oblique hint that a single-player LoK game is also in development, or being considered?
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    19,834

    Default

    Heh, you're reading too much into it. But that's okay, I know that's quite normal around these here parts

    (I lurk )

    No, I'm saying that even if you hate the shear concept of a MP game and think that "it's the end of the franchise as we know it", think positive and consider what doors it *may* open in the future, like Vampmaster speculated

    Just trying to inject some positivity into what seems to be a massive wave of negativity, I guess. (Well, rather support positive ideas, I should say - it was Vampmaster who posted it )

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Something to keep in mind, for sure
    Just had an idea! The multiplayer game could have things like artifacts with furthark runes containing clues about the previous games and players should be able to explore the chronoplast to visions like Raziel did in SR1. Only this time the visions would explain the things that only us older players would know about and maybe a few future ones.

    This game needs to turn into LOK 101 for new players and developers alike!
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Heh, you're reading too much into it. But that's okay, I know that's quite normal around these here parts
    Well, worth a try

    I've been on both sides of the game development fence myself - I know well enough it can be tempting to produce cryptic posts or teasers when you have inside info (or appear to ).
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

  25. #200
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Kain's Mausoleum...
    Posts
    756

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Heh, you're reading too much into it. But that's okay, I know that's quite normal around these here parts

    (I lurk )

    No, I'm saying that even if you hate the shear concept of a MP game and think that "it's the end of the franchise as we know it", think positive and consider what doors it *may* open in the future, like Vampmaster speculated

    Just trying to inject some positivity into what seems to be a massive wave of negativity, I guess. (Well, rather support positive ideas, I should say - it was Vampmaster who posted it )
    THANK YOU!!!! finally some fans that make some sense for a change...i mean all this negativity makes me think of those horrible bronies(yes i dislike bronies.)
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •