Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

“Nosgoth exists and is in active development, but is not a traditional Legacy of Kain action-adventure game”
    I am more worried than ever now.

The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience.Ē
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

I am so disappointed now...

So MMO or RTS? I would prefer the later.

EDIT: Something like Dawn of War 2 would be awesome.

The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience
    Square-Enix should not be thinking of community in terms of showing interest in Nosgoth. I guess that Eidos Montreal PR skills are contagious. So a MOBA it is. Terrible direction SE.

The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/nosg...of-kain-title/

Nuff said.

Merging these threads, since the same information is being digested in both.

Updated the OP with Shaik's post, retitled the thread showing the new game as confirmed.

Oh god, the schizophrenia within. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    A NEW LEGACY OF KAIN GAME!!!... but it's probably a garbage multiplayer spinoff none of us want.

I'd like to again cite a salient old quote from Amy Hennig:

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Hennig
    Honestly, I don't ever see a game like Soul Reaver (or Zelda, or Tomb Raider for that matter) being developed for the online multiplayer market. A lone-hero-based adventure game just doesn't lend itself to a multiplayer environment---the experience of the hero's journey would be compromised or diluted by trying to shoehorn multiplayer elements into the design. I think the online possibilities are still exciting, though---like enabling players to download updates and enhancements, access FAQs and strategy guides, communicate with other fans, etc.

The best candidates for networked multiplayer gaming are still going to be arena-style competitions and party-based adventure games. Adventure/RPG games like Baldur's Gate, where a group of online gamers can cooperate in a quest, are a more natural fit than something like Soul Reaver.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

So we're to expect an off-shoot multiplayer experience? Colour me uninterested. Online gaming with strangers doesn't interest me, I prefer the hero's journey. However, I still want to see more before I throw the towel in, and I want to support LoK. I'm sure some excitement will build after some reveals. I remember that Defiance sceenshots leaked early...

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

I am so disappointed now...
    This. MMO = A big no no.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Merging these threads, since the same information is being digested in both.

Updated the OP with Shaik's post, retitled the thread showing the new game as confirmed.
    Nice job.

Interesting stuff, guys

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagonô | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Here's an interesting post from one of the moderators (re: industry insiders) at NeoGAF:

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpokapow
    it was in development for quite a while and it was originally a single player game + multiplayer but got pruned back to be multiplayer-only. it is also slated for console downloadable services.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

I'll join in with Corlagon's schizophrenia.

I mean new Legacy of Kain game - finally! *does little dance*... and with the added bonus that all the little things we've been digging up for ages all seem to have paid off and been proved right - but on the other hand I'm decidedly less enthusiastic about the multiplayer direction and the lack of E3 presence. Looking on the bright side, maybe we'll get something similar to guardian of light - that'd be okay - just can't see a story-line developing very far like this.

In fact, if I'm being honest, I've long been simultaneously 'desperately enthusiastic for' and 'filled with a nameless dread' at the prospect of this moment: because as a website guy, new material ultimately means a whole new set of things to add to sites, new banners, new processes, new rules, new users and new contributors - very exciting - but it's gonna be busy...

If nothing else though, I have to say I appreciate them coming forward like this, because had it gone passed E3 again with all of this information and no game, it would have been really confusing. Indeed, it looks like they've spoken up as a direct result of fan detective work as well - that's another point on the board for Corlagon and DS
    Last edited by Bazielim; 06-07-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Ha! i told you guys...see? now i bet an MMO is sounding pretty good right about now...like i said before,as long as kain and raziel are in it,im good to go...and by that i mean their design/voice actors and not rehashed dialogues..but yeah you get the idea.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Ahem.
    Betrayal! Beeeee-trayal! Betrayed me! What the hell? Who the hell ever asked for this? For the love of God, Square Enix, are motherloving NUTS? Absolutely out of your motherfracking minds? It appears you are! First you make new Deus Ex game for freaking iOS, now you make a MOBA or MMO or whatever out of LOK. What's next? Call of Kain: Warfare Reaver? Kain's Kart Karnage? Kain's Epic Yarn?

LMAOOOOO Count man calm yo self there!!
    XD at least we got SOMETHING dude..
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

I don't know, I'm still excited about this (albeit Cautiously). It might not be the game we want right now, but its the game that may just gauge interest for a new LOK game. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the Press Release is meant to gauge reaction.

Not being an SP doesn't necessarily mean it's an MMO, it could be a co-op. Another top down game like Guardians of Light. Of course it could also be a game like they are doing for Destiny, which seems to be MMO-like, but different too. I would be OK with that since its supposedly a PC/console game.

I have to say I'm still looking forward to this, but very disappointed that it wont be at E3, I'm intrigued! I want to know what this is! Ugh how long are we going to have to wait for an announcement???

Its still a LOK game, its just exploring other aspects of the world...maybe now we can get an HD release of the original games??? pleasepleaseplease??
    Last edited by Tox1cboy; 06-07-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by majinkura View Post
    LMAOOOOO Count man calm yo self there!!
    XD at least we got SOMETHING dude..
    A kick in the head is also a something, but I don't feel happy when I get one.
    And neither should you, by the way.

Personally I have no interest left. I don't play multiplayer games. All these years I have been waiting for a worthy game in the franchise, not some unrelated cash-in that needs a well known name on the cover to sell. Fortunately I don't see much chance of the story being ruined because there probably will be no story.

From the way the article seems to be worded though it is just a game set in the world and is not technically Legacy of Kain and they are not classing it as such. I might have misunderstood though.
    But oh well I think thatís my hopes and dreams squashed for some kind of LoK game. It is just not going to be the same without being action-adventure single player, where it all revolves around story. I canít believe Iíve been waiting what, nearly 10 years, for something that now probably wonít even resemble the series. MMOs are just bad; I am just really hoping this wonít be some sort of strategy game because that would just make a bad thing even worse! If its like GoL that was pretty fun, co-op I can enjoy. I will though wait and see what this thing will be when they release some kind of trailer but Iím not expecting much at all from it now, but there is still a little shred of hope left in me.
    Why they didn't op to work with the single player mode and scrap the multi-player I have no idea.
    (sorry for not being able to quote - the forum is still flidding for me)
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

just seen this in the comments of the article, I lolled but gawd I hope its not a farmville clone.

"Itís going to be a farming sim, where you run a factory that blots out the sun. Along the way, youíll have to devour human villagers and make enough profit within the budget deadlines for your bosses to be happy. And if you do really good, you get to manage a second and third factory."

Been keeping an eye on it all, and it's fairly interesting stuff.

Good news it's a Nosgoth area game, shame it's not a legacy of kain game, but it's still good that the idea and area is still around.

I'm not too sure about the whole don't expect a single player type experience, there's a possibility it could be a Guardian of Light type thing I suppose, but then it's strange that they mention current Tomb Raider type experience in other articles floating around.

I suppose the one thing to take to heart is to remember that Nosgoth is a big place and that Blood Omen 2 was set in an entirely new area.

As for content, you've got the Uprising of the Human Guardians against the Vampires, the Vampire/Hylden battle and the Raising of the Pillars and also other events following on from Blood Omen 2 (think it's probably about time I replayed that).

It's still good that Legacy of Kain, Nosgoth and it's Universe is still in people's minds at Square Enix.
    Wondering what ever happend to QA and where this Out Now, Patch Later culture came from!!!!

Well I'm disappointed. I had to register to the forums to speak my mind.
    Why bring back that IP if that's to make it multiplayer? I mean, EVERY games in that series are single player and revolve around this lone hero and his epic quest (and epic presentation and voice acting). That's the definition of the expectations players have from this IP.

This has better be a fun coop spin-off like GoL was. I'd still be disappointed, but at least there would still be a chance I could be pleasantly surprised with it. If they're pulling a cheap MOBA or MMO with this one, I think I'll just lose faith in the game industry.
    Because then I'd be sure this played out somewhere at Square-Enix:

executive1: Okay we're in deep. We really need a MOBA, these games are all the rage in the West these days (and a market that is overly saturated, fact we'll ignore because after all it is our job as publishers to analyze the market).
    executive2: Okay so we'll need to make it fantasy if we want this to work.
    executive1: Oh, right. Don't we have a fantasy IP that'll insure our half-assed product still sells well?
    executive2: Well we have these, but turning them into MOBA would cheapen their brands. Or we have this old Kain stuff we haven't touched in a while. That's kind of fantasy. There are swords... and magic
    executive1: Meh, not sure we want to do that. What was this stuff all about anyway?
    executive2: They were single player games heavy on story, with Vampi...
    executive1: There are Vampires in it???
    executive2: Yeah, and there's some steampunk inspired elements. That stuff still sells, right?
    executive1: Okay shut up let's do it. We're already rich!

And since an unimaginative and unbalanced MOBA (come on, what studio under SE has any experience making competitive multiplayer games ?) would collapse on itself, that would be pretty much the end of the series.

I think we're at that point when Kain realizes hope is but a postponed disappointment.

i really do not like multiplayer games. so this has me rather worried. still im kinda excited to see a new game set in nosgoth again. i just wish eidos would make a true sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorechild View Post
    i just wish eidos would make a true sequel.
    Will never happen. Sorry. With today's costs of creating a games, no one would take a risk of developing sequel to 10 years old game.
    In the meantime, you'd best burrow deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance Reaver View Post
    Will never happen. Sorry. With today's costs of creating a games, no one would take a risk of developing sequel to 10 years old game.
    This might be the first step to getting LoK back into people's minds again.

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast