Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1502

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    TLR :

And disabling the YT comments will benefit this, how?
    lol, thanks for the tldr version, I have no time to read another one of those essays

To answer your question: what GK said.

@CM : Nah, you already know that I'll just say something grumpy so I'll avoid it for now for the purpose of helping Nosgoth even if it's against everything that I stand for regarding LoK.

I'll do so by avoiding typing completely. Thanks everyone.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Yes, of course, thank you. Though I do not see any option to make a poll on there..?
    We might have polls disabled for members with low post counts. Link me to your thread and I'll add one

About disabling the comments, I see where is George coming from, it makes sense.
    Makes sense to me as well.

YT is notorious for being inhabited by haters, trolls and downright vulgar people. You don't ask for feedback from 4chan, either. lol

Ah I see, here it is http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...6168#post66168

Thanks!

YT is notorious for being inhabited by haters, trolls and downright vulgar people. You don't ask for feedback from 4chan, either
    Haha, yes... I think all those pages on Neogaf are more than enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Thanks George, I was going to ping it to you and say go nuts - feel free to do so. thanks for sharing and hopefully it'll spread some much needed love and humour into their lives and help to stamp out some of the negativity.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

George K. I believe that the tyrant class has nothing to do with the turelim clan.You know turelim should be vampires that have excelent hearing abilities.The tyrant class should be Melchiahim.

I have to be honest, much as it makes George's day a living hell, I'm actually very heartened on one level to see all the passionate griping and support for a single-player LoK game at NeoGAF and elsewhere. I really didn't believe that the series still commanded such popularity.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

I think I've cornered why I think it won't take long for me to grow bored with the title.
    With all we know thus far, there doesn't seem to be much going for the game. I mean, 3 classes per races, a team deathmatch mode and a few maps?

I dearly hope there is more behind the curtain, because any quake mod offers me a bunch more than this.

I'm wondering:
    - Will the community have access to the map editor? (though with the F2P model I guess it's a no...)

- Will the battles feel epic? I mean, this is supposed to be a WAR and we'll just see a few humans from multiple random orders battling against a few Vampires from different clans? I know this is supposed to be a competitive game but if that's just that it makes little sense from an in-universe standpoint.
    I mean it would have made more sense if the game was about battles in arenas made to entertain Kain and his lieutenants.

Added the poll.

You might want to drop the link in some thread(s) in the Nosgoth forum to get it to people's attention.

The web boffins are busy, but if the problem is widespread, I'll see if can get it prioritized

Haha, yes... I think all those pages on Neogaf are more than enough...
    Plenty of haters on neogaf I noticed, yeah.

Can't say I'm much surprised, though. It seems like every time I set foot in that place it's aggro...

I have been reading your posts, George! Really good arguments you provided. Laughed at the part saying Div. Shadow will come in and say something against the game, haha and this lol xd
    Btw, my article is up too, just saying.. if they need more convincing
    Yeah, George you are on fire today! Dealing with them very well - how many times can you say "you will be pleasantly surprised, don't worry"

Yeah my article's up as well. So far I've counted three actual reviews from people that have played it - none Square staff, all big LoK fans and all positive about it - perhaps that means something
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by KAINtheScion View Post
    George K. I believe that the tyrant class has nothing to do with the turelim clan.You know turelim should be vampires that have excelent hearing abilities.The tyrant class should be Melchiahim.
    With respect, I disagree - the Tureilm were always the biggest and strongest of the CLans, with Turel being Kain's second-raised and natural successor in Kain's absence given Raziel is in the Abyss (hence "Tyrant"). Anyway, who's to say we don't already have plans for the the Melchahim?

With respect, I disagree - the Tureilm were always the biggest and strongest of the CLans, with Turel being Kain's second-raised and natural successor in Kain's absence given Raziel is in the Abyss (hence "Tyrant"). Anyway, who's to say we don't already have plans for the the Melchahim?
    I think it also suits the Turelim, them being very tough fighters with amazing reflexes... I'm wondering about the ears though? Is this supposed to be before or after Raziel's resurrection? Because the disappearance of Kain and only the Razielim being mutated does not really match up in my mind..

Hello George...

First off, amazing work with the reveal today, it must have been a long day for you and the team (specially for you trying to answer every single question regarding Nosgoth... and there are TONS of them today).

Secondly... my real respects to you going into the NeoGaf forum and try to make things clear around there... I reckon many people are still in shock about Nosgoth as we were when we first heard of it (I remember myself being quite reluctant about it) but after experiencing it I was, as you said "pleasantly surprised".

Again, the best of luck for you an all the Nosgoth team, its going to be a steep, long and challenging way for all of you, but it will be fun, and that makes it worth it .

And about any bad reactions, don't let them bring you down... I have to quote good old Janos Audron on this:

"They fear what they don't understand; and they despise what they fear."

All the best,

Ber
    signature image

It's before Raziel's return from the Abyss. A couple of centuries after he was executed and so about 300 until he returns.

The Turelim are in definite need of their ears, though Other than that, they should be huge. They are huge in SR1 and Turel is the tallest in the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    It's before Raziel's return from the Abyss. A couple of centuries after he was executed and so about 300 until he returns.

The Turelim are in definite need of their ears, though Other than that, they should be huge. They are huge in SR1 and Turel is the tallest in the intro.
    Ah thanks for the info That's cool considering how Raziel's clan can still be extinct then in Soul Reaver, therefore still leaving much open.

I assume you've also tested it already? If so will we see an article from you soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Linikratyo View Post
    I think it also suits the Turelim, them being very tough fighters with amazing reflexes... I'm wondering about the ears though? Is this supposed to be before or after Raziel's resurrection? Because the disappearance of Kain and only the Razielim being mutated does not really match up in my mind..
    Bear in mind that Raziel was the first of Kain's "sons" to (d)evolve so dramatically, ahead of Kain even, so it follows that the Razielim would feel the effects of Nupraptor's curse more quickly than the other clans.

Bear in mind that Raziel was the first of Kain's "sons" to (d)evolve so dramatically, ahead of Kain even, so it follows that the Razielim would feel the effects of Nupraptor's curse more quickly than the other clans.
    Yes that makes sense I mean Kain disappeared during Soul Reaver so the Turelim and Dumahim not being mutated would make no sense. Also why the choice to make Dumahim stealthy? And not take the Zephonim?

Quote Originally Posted by Aevum View Post
    I have to be honest, much as it makes George's day a living hell, I'm actually very heartened on one level to see all the passionate griping and support for a single-player LoK game at NeoGAF and elsewhere. I really didn't believe that the series still commanded such popularity.
    Believe me on this, I assure you that the SP request as well as HD remake is what everyone agrees on, not just on NeoGAF, FB, YT etc. Brazilian forums, Russian forums. French forums. Italian forums.

Sometimes it's a nice thing to be a polyglot. To read the united "wtf is this" on several languages is priceless and also reassuring that fans didn't forget. They were just waiting. And are still doing so.

Edit : "Dumahim stealthy"

They were always the most agile in the games. Guess it comes with their "lizard"-alike properties.

Ok, I'm still playing catch up, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Shows me for deciding not to log in for a while because things were going a bit slow here. lol. I'll give more feedback later when I've caught up with everything, but my initial reaction is it seems good.

Man, I wish I had a gaming PC so I could sign up for the beta. Though from the trailer I don't see why this can't be ported to consoles. This looks like it would do great on consoles as well. Best of luck with Nosgoth guys. I hope it does really well.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

Believe me on this, I assure you that the SP request as well as HD remake is what everyone agrees on, not just on NeoGAF, FB, YT etc. Brazilian forums, Russian forums. French forums. Italian forums.

Sometimes it's a nice thing to be a polyglot. To read the united "wtf is this" on several languages is priceless and also reassuring that fans didn't forget. They were just waiting. And are still doing so.

They were always the most agile in the games. Guess it comes with their "lizard"-alike properties.
    Well... look, things how they truly are:

The hardcore LoK fans around the world must be less than 10.000 with luck (which means most of them will be posting on different pages at the same time, giving the illusion of a larger number)... This amount of market is really too small in terms of sales, that is why - a history driven LoK game is not realistinc, not even trying to turn the plot around with a new character (confirmed with Dead Sun's cancellation), the sales people at SE will not go for it, there is not remotely any possibility of recovering any money from a AAA LoK title because barely any people will buy it (taking onto account that possibly a large percentage of the hardcore LoK fans live in countries were digital downloads or buying an original copy is not a real possibility, thus leading them to buy pirated games, affecting sales even more [remember? that was one of the most damaging factors that affected LoK: Defiance])...

Nosgoth was the safest way to go, and no people will not like it because is not what they are used to, but believe me to release a game that dips into the LoK mythology respecting everything that was stablished in previous games whilst at the same time offering a fun experience that will potentially get newcomers hooked with the LoK saga instead of releasing a game that wouldn't have sold well in the first place and would potentially displeased fans by not continuing Defiance straight away from were it left. Hopefully Nosgoth will get some people curious about the franchise and maybe, perhaps one day we will get a continuation to the saga. but not now.

But at least we got something.
    Last edited by Ber; 09-25-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    signature image

How are "stealthy" and "agile" incompatible?

How are "stealthy" and "agile" incompatible?
    I see Zephonim as stealthier though, so still don't really see the reason why... Perhaps reserve this for the live Q&A?

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    You might want to drop the link in some thread(s) in the Nosgoth forum to get it to people's attention.
    Thanks Driber, I've gone over and posted a thread with links to the 3 current articles that are online
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

I'm in the middle of reading your write up of Nosgoth, lucinvampire. Reads well so far.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

If by agile, you mean lumbering after you and trying to smash you with their giant fists, lol

The Turelim and the Zephonim are actually the fastest in the game. The Dumahim, oddly, were pretty much the weakest and slowest, which actually shouldn't have been the case.

Anyway, Dumahims were your grunts, your warriors. They're pure soldiers that would do whatever asked of them, with maybe a hint of arrogance of their might like their leader had. We saw them in SR1 after centuries of their leader stuck to his throne and their home overrun. They were scattered, and had become more feral-like. They weren't at their best, in other words.

I don't really consider the Dumahim in this game stealth anyway. They just pounce from afar and rip their prey to shreds, but no they won't frontal assault as much as the Turelim. They use tactics to intimidate before striking, which isn't exactly stealth, as in silent from behind you never knew they killed someone, but more a predator-like quality and tactics to divide and conquer, intimidate, etc. You crouch and crawl with them on rooftops and they growl. The growl is pretty damn intense, and if you're on the human side, pretty unnerving, since you don't know where it's going to come from, but you know it's coming.

As for my review article, well, I wasn't planning on a full-on piece like that. I probably will repost with touch-ups what I've posted in the private areas after the event.

@CM : I didn't say that Stealthy and Agile are not compatible. I was confirming that Dumahim should be "stealth" ones. Though I must also agree that I see Zephonim as even stealthier and lore-wise : trap-makers. Of course, to even think that they would be able to make such a thing in the beginning years is beyond what I'd expect to see in Nosgoth. But, yeah, Dumahim don't look Stealthy enough with their armor and all.

@Ber : You don't have a blog? I've read you were there as well.

I must strongly disagree with you. It's not about releasing a huge AAA title. A regular one would suffice, followed by a HD remake. With Steam at hand it would be a profitable gold mine!
    While fans are not numerous, many are old enough now to give proper argumentation as well as help the younger audience to get into what's essentially the best gaming franchise in the world (well, imho). Experimentation is needed, yes, but not in this direction. Nobody can go blind to a fact that after five games this is
    a) unusual (that's a compliment)
    b) not helping (that's also a compliment)

Also, remind me, and be extremely concise : I should care for Square Enix revenue because of? Like this they won't even have those 10k that you speak of. How's that for a thought?

As for the people not being used to, well from the given target audience...yes...I'd have to agree with you, however I've been playing such games for the past decade (or more) and I can't say that this pleases me to any extent.
    Without my content for the LoK, and without me being subjective regarding Nosgoth - it is mediocre at best, even for the current standards. It does start with a small revenue. It does start with small doors. There was never any big announcement or similar, so if the goal was to gather more people that's a terrible marketing and a terrible way to present a game.
    Everything else stands and I agree Ber, but I can't get off the feeling that this will just alienate old fans even further.

If what you say is true I'd personally do it like this :

You hear the Ozar Midrashim sample and Simon Templeman

"The king will finish this, once and for all!"
    After the goosebumps you read further, narrated by SIMON TEMPLEMAN :

" - We want to make a new SP game, but we need the fans to spread the word. Gather your friends, inform your boss at work that you'll be taking some free time because Kain is coming back in the grandiose finishing of the story! "

Superuber positive comments on the YT :
    "- YAY, FINALLY!
    - Oh, god, YES!
    - Took you a while, dammit, but I'm happy for the team!
    - No, no, that's an alternate timeline. It was before the events of >insert game here<"

"-But to do so, Kain must supervise the outcome of the Vampire/Human war that took place after the events of Raziel. While the fans are waiting and playing this lovely MP game, the team will actually give all they got into implementing the lore. Bare in mind that in the MP game there will be hints for the sequel to Defiance and well give you a lot of info regarding it with further development."
    *Dev team Waves while holding a Janos Audron plushie*

Boom, profit.

Page 52 of 61 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758596061 LastLast