Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    If they feel like they've come into the middle of a series they've barely heard of, that might drive them away.
    This was true of me and Elder Scrolls, until last year, so, yeah. And sadly, any new LOK won't have the same amount of love, time, money, and designers devoted to its production as Skyrim did, which will hurt its chances of pulling new fans in with the amount of gravity that overcame my Elder Scrolls phobia. So here's hoping they've got gameplay innovations or new kinds of viscera graphics or something they can really sell.

Okay you guys who keep saying Reboot, and who keep having Reboot nightmares, you have to promise me that when the new game comes out and it's NOT a total reboot you'll stop talking about reboots. Please. Because it's not that bad. It just isn't. No matter what happens, the reboot of this particular series is guaranteed to somehow comment on what became of Kain's series-long plotline (to restore the pillars and return them to vampire control, to get out from under the thumb of the dark forces). That's not going to be dropped totally. We might not play as Kain, or fully recognize the new Nosgoth. But whatever Reboot action there is will still be following up on the only LOK story there is to do---we'll still be dealing with the aftermath of Kain's decisions, still living the Legacy of Kain. So please stop waking up at night in a cold sweat screaming out the word "Reboot!" That's no way to go through life, son. Just let that tension go.

I mean, the only thing worth having nightmares about at this time is the chance that they'll bust out with a DMC punk kid as the new main character. That's.... that'd be..... okay I'm shaking just a little bit. Because that's at least semi-likely. "Make the new LOK relatable to the new audience by giving them a character more like themselves!" Ow. Nausea. You know what? No. I'm not even worried about that. Because if War for Nosgoth refers to being a human vampire hunter, for example, during the 5th century when necros were taking over, I'm sure the game would try to keep the same TONE as in Soul Reaver, and that wouldn't allow for any butt-like kid characters with too-cool-for-school hairstyles and Cheerleader Chainsaw taunts. No. Not ever going to happen. My faith sustains me.

A reboot is usually a very bad thing, often having or leaving some things out of the way completely.

For an example Shadowrun.

Or DMC, the prime example in modern age. While it does have the feeling of the old charm it's still nowhere near the crazy hack'n'slash. Instead it's following the Darksiders formula (like many games before as well) of having several different weapons which you may combine/use to solve geometrical puzzles which are more or less just triggered by a simple action button with no intelligence involved.

And the appearance that's following the modern kids - a main character has to "look cool" and to be "do more-think less" with an ability to insta-kill anyone in their way.
    On top of that there's also over-the-shoulder camera to produce a more cinematic experience because developers think it's "cool" not to move camera as you please.
    A reboot used to be a good thing when platforms changed from 2D to 3D, prime example is Prince of Persia series. But that's more of a progress rather then scratching previous and starting everything again.
    We've seen how KotOR ended into a MMO, a shame. We've seen how War3 ended into one of the most played online game ever made, next to CS and DotA/LoL. Take CS for an example. CS 1.6 is still playing even next to two reboots, source and CS:GO!
    DotA, regular one, is still played more then DotA2.
    From our standpoint the LoK series were never meant for broad audiences, especially not kids and it would be a major shame if something like that happened to the series.

---

That aside, I'd never be able to like/love a reboot of my favorite gaming series and my favorite games as much as the original. There was recently some HL:Source thingy. It's not HL3 so I don't care and I'm not alone, for sure.
    If we could get a continuation of the LoK series in the full spirit of the games - we should. And there's no any argument that'll I favor more then a continuation of the story because a reboot, in modern standards, is everything again, but oversimplified for the masses, for huge marketing and hype. No, thanks.

Well I'm eager to be optimistic about War for Nosgoth, if it is real, but here's a piece of news which doesn't inspire confidence early on:

They report from a Twitter conversation that Simon has heard nothing from any developers about a LoK revival. Specifically, here's what was said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ural Garrett
    Any chance you'll be returning as Kain in the future?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Templeman
    I haven't heard but he'll yeah...more soul reaving would be fun.
    Of course, that's hardly enough evidence to totally rule him out as the article seems to, but I would assume that if we're far enough ahead to have selected an engine, logo, drivers etc, some sort of preliminary recording sessions (if only for trailers) should have gone on at this point.

The voice cast is the heart and soul of the series. If there is a new game and its developers replace or sideline those actors, there probably will be war (pun intended) from the fanbase - maybe to even greater extent than with MGS, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Thief, and so on...

If you're watching, guys, benefit of the doubt, but I can only say it again, don't up this series!
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

The voice cast is the heart and soul of the series. If there is a new game and its developers replace or sideline those actors, there probably will be war (pun intended) from the fanbase - maybe to even greater extent than with MGS, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Thief, and so on...
    And remember - Hitman fans won. We should be outraged if Simon's not in there. Especially for some stupid reasons, like he can't do mocap or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    Well I'm eager to be optimistic about War for Nosgoth, if it is real, but here's a piece of news which doesn't inspire confidence early on:

They report from a Twitter conversation that Simon has heard nothing from any developers about a LoK revival.

Of course, that's hardly enough evidence to totally rule him out as the article seems to, but I would assume that if we're far enough ahead to have selected an engine, logo, drivers etc, some sort of preliminary recording sessions (if only for trailers) should have gone on at this point.

If you're watching, guys, benefit of the doubt, but I can only say it again, don't up this series!
    Maybe he's just being coy. Nothing has been officially announced yet so it would be a bad move for him to semi-confirm anything. Perhaps he knows better not too

Those news about Simon are concerning, Corlagon :/ I mean, we can´t have Kain without Simon! Maybe that could indicate that there won´t be any Kain in the game and it will include a new protagonist, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Those news about Simon are concerning, Corlagon :/ I mean, we can´t have Kain without Simon! Maybe that could indicate that there won´t be any Kain in the game and it will include a new protagonist, what do you think?
    Well, didn't CrystalD guys tell us they are not working on LoK game?

I don't see "Legacy of Kain" in that SteamDB entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post

I remember when Metal Gear Rising was being unveiled, and Raiden voice actor Quinton Flynn was saying that he knew nothing about the project. Turned out he was just the last to know, and he voiced Raiden in the end.

I'm sure we can make a lot of noise of Templeman, if that's not the case. He is Kain. They even look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post

So you think it will be without Kain? I was hoping for a BO remake :/ but good point Leazy, the game is not finished yet, so you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post

CrystalD has said repeatedly that they aren't working on a new LoK, that (of course) doesn't really mean much. How often has a game company actually said that they were working on something before an official announcement? It happens, of course, but not often. Although there could be other explanations.

CrystalD might really NOT be working on a LoK, so they're telling the truth....but no one can deny that "Nosgoth/War for Nosgoth" is a LoK property (especially with Pillars in the Logo) perhaps the IP is at a different company now. Wouldn't we have heard about that, though?

Also, "Legacy of Kain: The War for Nosgoth" is quite a mouthful and perhaps too long to write on the AMD list. It could have been shortened. Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 didn't have "Legacy of Kain: " in front of the titles, they were part of the "Legacy of Kain series"

This might also be an attempt to do some world building with the IP, tell other stories of Nosgoth that don't directly involve Kain yet, or at least gradually introduce him into the story. Maybe it isn't part of the "Main" series.

They could have even just dropped the title all together (although I think that would be silly). It could be a new series that takes place in Nosgoth and "War for Nosgoth" is the title of this new series.

We will know soon enough if anything is going to come from this (IhopeIhopeIhope) ::Fingers crossed::

12 days and counting (although I expect there could be a small tease before that)

Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 didn't have "Legacy of Kain: " in front of the titles, they were part of the "Legacy of Kain series"
    They had "The Legacy of Kain series" in small font above them. Or, in case of EU version of BO2, below.

All I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if Kain is back and it is not Simon voicing him that is very bad and I personally will be very much annoyed as Simon IS Kain, let’s just hope he’s not saying anything! I have been very excited about this whole possible new game, even if it’s a reboot (a bit scared maybe but I’d give it a go), but this has made me a little bit meh about it. It makes me wonder again though if the series will follow Kain at all or revolve around some else, different era maybe or just based in the ‘verse.
    I agree completely Zoidberg, nowhere has LoK been mentioned it’s only the fans and magazines labelling it as such! Logically if they put the LoK brand on the product it will automatically make new fans freak out they haven’t played the rest of the series, sell it as a new title without this and people think it’s something fresh and new. The old-schoolers will know Nosgoth is the LoK world though and the history.
    (PS sorry for not quoting but the forum is having malfunctions for me).
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    They had "The Legacy of Kain series" in small font above them. Or, in case of EU version of BO2, below.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. However, they weren't "Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2" or "...Soul Reaver 2".

Yeah, that's what I meant. However, they weren't "Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2" or "...Soul Reaver 2".
    ...except in all the stores and promo materials and all reviews.

Tox1cboy's correct. They didn't have the Legacy of Kain subtitle.

...except in all the stores and promo materials and all reviews.
    Everything, apparently, but the games themselves or the box art.

Well we're not there yet, regardless. The game hasn't even been announced. By E3 time we'll find out what this is supposed to be. I just hope its a PC/Console game and not a iOS/Android one.

Everything, apparently, but the games themselves or the box art.

Well we're not there yet, regardless. The game hasn't even been announced. By E3 time we'll find out what this is supposed to be. I just hope its a PC/Console game and not a iOS/Android one.
    Android games don't tend to appear on Steam database.

Someone just posted this picture on a LoK-related Facebook page claiming a Swedish website accidentally listed a list of games to be shown at E3. Not sure if they spelled Kain wrong or if it's something else.

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by Bound2Fate; 05-31-2013 at 05:21 PM.

Yeah, that seems interesting - I've requested the full URL, but I'm just about on my last legs for tonight - so far this is the nearest I can find:
    http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/...legacy_of_kane

If it is this site, then the English translation of the bottom paragraph grabs my attention:

"Price, images, product description and release date are preliminary and subject to change.
    This title has not officially been announced yet, but early indications suggest that it will be the Playstation 4.
    "

could imply they have insider information or are just making educated guesses based on recent evidence.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Thanks for the head's up - I found the source.

BioWare enthusiasts and employees are in agreement that it probably isn't legitimate, and there do seem to be a lot of incongruities... I mean, The Last Guardian releasing in 2014, oh sure thing, yes, hardy har har.

We should be outraged if Simon's not in there. Especially for some stupid reasons, like he can't do mocap or something.
    NOPE thats no Excuse...

(Yes thats simon..in mocap)
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Haha, that looks like a total 80's commercial pic

That's an interesting question, could they create the in game animations using a stand in voice and add Simon's voice in later, and adjust the timing of the video to sync up... ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Haha, that looks like a total 80's commercial pic
    you should see the episode this is from,its hilarious!!!

just look up the neighbors - gingerbread man.
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Android games don't tend to appear on Steam database.
    ::Fingers crossed:: Now hopefully It wont be a PS4/PC exclusive game

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast