Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    Found this on the Steam profile:

I believe that definitely is the Pillars platform...
    apologies, but wasn't that one of the first things to come up on this thread? - very likely to be based on the pillars and visible in the Steam "Nosgoth" logo itself - okay not as clean as that, but it's there

(click image to enlarge)
    possibly the credit for that should go to Divine Shadow/ArjanN - sorry Ber

Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    We have to consider the fact that LOK isnt a super well known franchise.
    I do agree that it probably isn't a MMO, but I disagree that a game needs to already have a name to succeed. Many people don't know what TES stands for, but they do know what "Skyrim" is.
    A good marketing and a lot of hype is what's making it popular.

Given the amount of news and the immediate response by many this does confirm that the series have a great response from older fans. And just in one day!

I have to say, this is most solid evidence I've seen. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, so I'll just see what comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post
    apologies, but wasn't that one of the first things to come up on this thread? - very likely to be based on the pillars and visible in the Steam "Nosgoth" logo itself - okay not as clean as that, but it's there

(click image to enlarge)
    possibly the credit for that should go to Divine Shadow/ArjanN - sorry Ber
    Oh yes yes, sorry for that Bazielim - I'm afraid I did not express myself very well, what I meant is that I found that particular image in the Steam profile details - that image depicts the Pillars platform on its own and its much clearer than the one that's embedded on the logo
    signature image

The more I look at that logo, the more I think of BO1... the red colour, the Pillars platform.. that all reminds me of BO´s working title: Pillars of Nosgoth. Could it be a BO remake?

Ber: Yeah, it´s small but you can zoom on it after you save it

What also intrigued me is that you can actually click on the Nosgoth logo on Steam DB page and it will give you option to open it through some steam application, but it only brings out store page and nothing happens...
    Last edited by Raina Audron; 05-28-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    The more I look at that logo, the more I think of BO1... the red colour, the Pillars platform.. that all reminds me of BO´s working title: Pillars of Nosgoth. Could it be a BO remake?
    In an ideal world... that would be the case (in the ideal-est world, they would finish what they left in Defiance) I would love to play BO in an Skyrim-esque style...
    signature image

Ooh I see - so there are about four different variants of the logo/pattern hidden in there - very interesting. Perhaps those symbols will be given some meaning? - I don't recall any concrete (in-universe) explanations for them.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

This is probably a AAA game. The reason I think that is because there seems to be an awful lot of security surrounding it. Would so many Online portfolios and Linked-In profiles be changed or deleted for an iOS or Android game? Maybe...I suppose, but that just doesn't feel right.

Do you guys think I'm off base?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazielim View Post
    Ooh I see - so there are about four different variants of the logo/pattern hidden in there - very interesting. Perhaps those symbols will be given some meaning? - I don't recall any concrete (in-universe) explanations for them.
    Aren't those just Steam thumbnails that can be clicked on to open the game?
    Last edited by The Hylden; 05-29-2013 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Merged double posts

https://www.facebook.com/WarForNosgoth

War For Nosgoth Facebook page opened yesterday and already 513 likes.

These rumors most certainly point to a game, but this is not necessarily a good thing.
    A bad game could ruin our chances to play anymore publisher LoK games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post

Seems like a fan group - the logo image seems to be taken from SteamDB, if you look closely, you can see it cropped the same way.

Tox1cboy, please do not double post. Use the edit button. Thanks

All very exciting. If there's another game coming then an announcement may not be far off. However I don't expect the old series to be continued. I can't see them releasing an AAA title that takes off after an old, complex series of storylines that only die-hard LoK fans followed through to the (unresolved) end, and almost a decade ago on an old platform, too.

All of us old fans will be the most pleased with a new game, but also the most critical to any alterations in the storyline, characters, locations, and voice actors. We've lived with it for too long. I've been with the series since 1997 and the lore is very firmly entrenched in my mind. But I will try my hardest to be objective and take any changes on their own merits. I hope Simon Templeman is back above all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Zoidberg View Post
    Seems like a fan group - the logo image seems to be taken from SteamDB, if you look closely, you can see it cropped the same way.
    Yeah definitely a fan page. I'm always weary of pages that use elements that can be easily obtained by the general public. There is nothing there that feels "official".

The high "Like" count is encouraging, though
    Last edited by Tox1cboy; 05-29-2013 at 07:05 AM.

I confirm it's just some guy's fan page. There is an accompanying Twitter account where he talks about his Kain tattoo and "War For Nosgoth" gamer tag.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikh View Post

yeah I'll also confirm it's not official - when you search for them you'll find there are at least three "War For Nosgoth" facebook pages - all fan groups - all founded immediately after lok information came out (not official announcement) and you'll probably find another couple pop up with every bit of information - they're highly misleading, especially when you get things like this:
    "Simon Templeman likes War For Nosgoth" - yes that's that's one unofficial unaffiliated fan-page liking another *facepalm*

We'll defeat their social powers with seriousness!

Also important to remember--- in our excited state we're vulnerable to that internet trick where someone posts a link to "war for nosgoth early game footage" and you click on it and it's that Rick Astley music video from 1987. So be on guard against that.

OMG not Rick-rolling! - stop giving them ideas!

...and there's nothing wrong with 'being serious' about scrutinizing information - it simply helps defend against being 'gullible'
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

The biggest hint that these are fan pages is the lack of information, contacts, etc., for any gaming company. No company just tosses out a page without some information about themselves.

I'm not getting the hate for the fan pages..they don't claim they represent any company, just fans that want to stay up to date with the latest rumors.
    Of course, there should a concentrated effort (1 page not 10) but making fan pages for favorite (voice)actors and games in the absence of official ones is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    All very exciting. If there's another game coming then an announcement may not be far off. However I don't expect the old series to be continued. I can't see them releasing an AAA title that takes off after an old, complex series of storylines that only die-hard LoK fans followed through to the (unresolved) end, and almost a decade ago on an old platform, too.
    Starcraft got its continuation. Diablo as well. (meh, more or less but that's Blizzard). The point is - I don't see why it's impossible to continue a complex story. It is possible, but like your point is - a very, very small chance for that given the modern gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    All of us old fans will be the most pleased with a new game, but also the most critical to any alterations in the storyline, characters, locations, and voice actors. We've lived with it for too long. I've been with the series since 1997 and the lore is very firmly entrenched in my mind. But I will try my hardest to be objective and take any changes on their own merits. I hope Simon Templeman is back above all.
    It would be great if we get any of the old spice of horror. But I think it's impossible.

Before we had real vampires and real horror atmosphere. Today we have things like True Blood and Twillight
    Bad, bad times for art in general.

----

As for the fan page, it should say "fan page".

Quote Originally Posted by drelen View Post
    I'm not getting the hate for the fan pages..they don't claim they represent any company, just fans that want to stay up to date with the latest rumors.
    Of course, there should a concentrated effort (1 page not 10) but making fan pages for favorite (voice)actors and games in the absence of official ones is a good thing.
    Not hate, just warnings in case someone might think its official. When the fan pages don't state that they're fan pages you don't always know the intent of the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    I don't see why it's impossible to continue a complex story. It is possible, but like your point is - a very, very small chance for that given the modern gaming industry.
    They could find a way I suppose, but the question is would anyone care? The fans would, but they don't want a circular sequel (ala Star Trek 11) that works as a continuation AND a reboot. It seems like they only want a hard sequel or nothing; continue from Defiance or don't bother making anything at all......PC and PS3 players can go back and play the earlier games....What if you're an Xbox user? Only Blood Omen 2 is available to you, its not universal so SE is cutting out a portion of the audience who want to understand the story.

There are people right now who just want to play a cool Vampire game, not get bogged down with years of complex continuity. Plus, If they feel like they've come into the middle of a series that they've barely heard of (maybe due to age or whatever), that might drive them away. The fact that a legacy of Kain game has never been made for the current generation of consoles is an issue.

A reboot would get everyone on-board, from a business sense it seems like the most sound option. Square Enix isn't going to do the popular choice among fans, they are going to go with the option that gets them the most money money money.
    Last edited by Tox1cboy; 05-30-2013 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    As for the fan page, it should say "fan page".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tox1cboy View Post
    Not hate, just warnings in case someone might think its official. When the fan pages don't state that they're fan pages you don't always know the intent of the creator.
    ^These!
    I think that's hit the nail right on the head there. They may not actively claim to represent, but by leaving out the words "fan-page" they are effectively surfing on people's assumption that it is the real site - look through the group because there are plenty on there who believe it is official and that they are talking to the real developers - for example, this quote:
    "Please consider a wiiU port ! I dont want to buy a new pc or console yet !"

Call me a cynic on this point, but I think they(/he) knew exactly what they were doing - if they'd have put "War for Nosgoth fan group" very few would have signed up, assuming they knew no more than other sites: making people assume that it's the real thing is just about the only way they could have got major interest and got to that level of likes so quickly.

That's nothing against fan groups per se - but they really should be labelled as such to avoid misleading people... and with the amount of checking and re-checking of LoK material that I'm often involved in, I find it especially disappointing when I see people erroneously believing that things like this are the real thing.

I agree with Bazielim, those fan groups should have "fan group" designation in their name or in the about section at least, otherwise it´s misleading.

Btw, if somebody else here wanted to see the other Pillars symbol:

It looks pretty cool I say

Since I adore metaphors, I always found it amusing how the bird's view of the pillars represent a schematic for a circular lock system and the Reaver is the key with its swirly/wavy design.
    [But then again it also looks like a river of souls (puntentious) being devoured by a vampiric hilt].

---

As for the title my opinion is that it's four possible stories

1. Ancients vs Hylden (prehistory)
    2. Humans vs Vampires (early)
    3. Clans led by Kain (the history of the ear piercing)
    4. The actual continuation of where it left of a man who hates Head-or-Tail games (that sounds weird to use in a story with strong gnostic-chronological factors)

---

Edit :
    "Please consider a wiiU port ! I dont want to buy a new pc or console yet !"
    Haha, that's great!

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast