Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Yes, let's get back onto the topics at hand. If there's anything further to clear up regarding Wiki vs. Wikipedia, please do so via pms.

any time table on when we can expect more info? all this speculation is killing me lol

I searched for an introduction topic but there doesn't seem to be one, so I'll say hi here while posting my opinion on the new game.

* Note that Mr.Milky is standing above my head saying "don' be afraaaaaid" so it's his fault if this post is messed up.

I've been sneaking around here since this thread was opened, so I've read everything you guys wrote and you've pretty much said all that I had to say, but here goes:

First I was extremely happy when I heard there was going to be a new game in the series, not that much for myself because I still have some games to finish, but more for Milky, because I know how much he has been waiting for it. I've had mixed feelings about the multiplayer aspects of the game, while I like the possibility to play with my boyfriend, I also felt that it is a sort of a backstab to the old fans and typical modern excuse for money-making.

And here I should say that, even with all my experience with Eidos games as well as Square Enix (from when they were Square soft and Enix, which is the best era for me) a monthly subscription fee would be too much, really. And seeing SE's policy with Final Fantasy MMOs it wouldn't surprise me if they would do the same for Nosgoth.

On the other hand, since it was stated that Nosgoth was influenced by Soul Reaver, which is my all-time favourite game, I'm really excited and can't wait to grab my copy.

Once again, hello everyone, and it's nice to be here.

Been gone a long while and this thread exploded with information.

So, no information for a while, does that mean I can get excited and hope to see something at Eurogamer in September or is that still far too soon?

Human Citadel seems to fit in with a few little details but I don't quite know how, would give you 2 factions, fits into the SR1 influenced area, vampires potentially trying to attack the Human's Last bastion during it's construction or along those lines.

Then again, may be tied too far in to the LoK universe....

I'm still quite excited for the new game.
    Wondering what ever happend to QA and where this Out Now, Patch Later culture came from!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodomeki View Post
    I searched for an introduction topic but there doesn't seem to be one, so I'll say hi here while posting my opinion on the new game.

* Note that Mr.Milky is standing above my head saying "don' be afraaaaaid" so it's his fault if this post is messed up.

I've been sneaking around here since this thread was opened, so I've read everything you guys wrote and you've pretty much said all that I had to say, but here goes:

First I was extremely happy when I heard there was going to be a new game in the series, not that much for myself because I still have some games to finish, but more for Milky, because I know how much he has been waiting for it. I've had mixed feelings about the multiplayer aspects of the game, while I like the possibility to play with my boyfriend, I also felt that it is a sort of a backstab to the old fans and typical modern excuse for money-making.

And here I should say that, even with all my experience with Eidos games as well as Square Enix (from when they were Square soft and Enix, which is the best era for me) a monthly subscription fee would be too much, really. And seeing SE's policy with Final Fantasy MMOs it wouldn't surprise me if they would do the same for Nosgoth.

On the other hand, since it was stated that Nosgoth was influenced by Soul Reaver, which is my all-time favourite game, I'm really excited and can't wait to grab my copy.

Once again, hello everyone, and it's nice to be here.
    Greetings!
    I don't think we need to be afraid of mmo and monthly subscriptions since FF is their main franchise in that department and it's not doing so great.
    This will probably be some form of session based multiplayer if I understood correctly

Quote Originally Posted by The Hylden View Post
    Hm, I don't know. The previous video he had using your script worked fine for me, but these still don't show. I don't have a script blocker running, that I know of.
    Maybe you can send me the source of that page so that I can take a look what could be the problem?

PS. If this is too OT, I'd be happy to continue via PM or MMP

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I need to read up more on this, but right now I think this could prove interesting. I'd be keen to see how this relates to LoK as a series and where we might go from here.
    Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

I'm sorry but I have to say something here ... As soon as I read it's gonna be multiplayer and after seeing all the 'hate' around internet, I quickly remembered when Square published on Twitter about Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light. I have some kind of hope that Nosgoth will sound like that. LCATGOL is multiplayer, it's isometric view and yet it's a very good game. Another wave of distrust happened when Square published that Reborn would be Multiplayer. The multiplayer feature of Tomb Raider is so insignificant ... Noboby gave it attention. Diablo III is also multiplayer and you can finish the game playing alone because it's not needed be played in groups. I have too many ideas in my mind, but the resume is this.

The fact is: I am optimist regarding Nosgoth and I am sure that George and his team are doing their best. I cannot close my eyes and deny the game. At least I'll give Nosgoth a try.

Last edited by The Reaver; 07-17-2013 at 03:53 AM.

And I'll try Nosgoth too, no matter what. I've waited a decade for this

Smile

Hey everyone, I'm jurgen and i'm from Belgium. My english is not so good, so i try to ask a question here. I follow this forum a copple of years now and i'm very exited about this new game "Nosgoth". Now my question is: will "Nosgoth" be available in Belgium. I hope so, waited also more than 10 years for a new game. My first contact with LOK was in 1999 with "Soulreaver". Very good games indeed. Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Now my question is: will "Nosgoth" be available in Belgium. I hope so, waited also more than 10 years for a new game. My first contact with LOK was in 1999 with "Soulreaver". Very good games indeed. Thanks for reading.
    Hello, and welcome to the forums Glad more LOK fans came out of hiding, hehe I began the series with SR as well I am sure Nosgoth will be available in Belgium as well, the digital copy for sure since it´s on steam. But that´s a good question for George - will Nosgoth be download only? Or have a box version too?

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    But that´s a good question for George - will Nosgoth be download only? Or have a box version too?
    If Nosgoth comes to Brazil in box too, I will purchase both: digital and box

I WANT EVERYTHING LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Ok, two questions for the Community Manager :

- Is the game "Nosgoth" played in 1st person, from 3rd person or bird's eye camera view?

- Is the game "Nosgoth" similar to the MMO called "Newerwinter"?
    1. Third person.
    2. No - Nosgoth Is not an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    But that´s a good question for George - will Nosgoth be download only? Or have a box version too?
    Download only.

Can you answer what platforms we will see the title on?

Hi George and welcome back - I hope the holiday was nice
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Dormarth View Post
    thats also what i'd like to know as well.
    and welcome back George....too bad you gotta come back to all these questions
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

But why download only O.O? No box version with nice covers and some goodies like posters,the game's lore and stuff? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dormarth View Post
    Windows PC, but that may be expanded over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Very interesting and thanks for the info - I have another question George, and I hope this one can be answered as it is not about the game's details specifically:

What is Square Enix's goal or task with Nosgoth? As it will be released in a download format only and for Windows PC only at this stage it sounds like a "small" game (just using the word to describe my thoughts) and does not sound like a big budget AAA game.

Is Square Enix trying to "test the market" with this entry? Is there a possibility that Nosgoth could be the first taste of a potential bigger LoK related title to come?

I hope you can answer these questions - but if not can you please tell us what do you think about those possibilities? Even if its not official it would be nice to know how interested SE might be in developing a bigger title in the future.

Many thanks.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    Very interesting and thanks for the info - I have another question George, and I hope this one can be answered as it is not about the game's details specifically:

What is Square Enix's goal or task with Nosgoth? As it will be released in a download format only and for Windows PC only at this stage it sounds like a "small" game (just using the word to describe my thoughts) and does not sound like a big budget AAA game.

Is Square Enix trying to "test the market" with this entry? Is there a possibility that Nosgoth could be the first taste of a potential bigger LoK related title to come?

I hope you can answer these questions - but if not can you please tell us what do you think about those possibilities? Even if its not official it would be nice to know how interested SE might be in developing a bigger title in the future.

Many thanks.
    I'm afraid I can't answer those questions at this time... right now, you'll need to wait and see what we're cooking up

Hi there!

I'll get down to business

- Are the swords one of the most prominent weapons in the game Nosgoth?
    - Will there be magic (i.e. An bloody orb splatter of bones and organs or to that effect?)
    - Will the game be for 18+ ?

Best regards CM!

PC I hope it comes out on something else...I haven't bought a PC game since SR!
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Are the swords one of the most prominent weapons in the game Nosgoth?
    This is one of my biggest questions, I am very curious about 'The Reaver', for obvious reasons ... OMG. I didn't realise till now that The Soul Reaver may be not on Nosgoth. I'm completely hopeless.

Well, Multiplayer/PC. I don't see any way around it. It's true that MP component works good on the consoles, but I'd still prefer to play it w keyboard and mouse this time.

Download based content and

Cross fingers

F2P !

I sincerely hope so, otherwise that cuts me out entirely. I'd rather not be a spectator in this. I've played all the others on the playstation platform and can't realistically get my hands on a gaming PC.

Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast