Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

There's only an error involved if something is clearly wrong. Again, and I don't mean to masquerade as the fact police or anything like that, but just with the intent of not having any lurkers be misled into thinking that George ruled out the genre - to say that the game is unlike DotA or LoL is not quite to say that the game isn't a MOBA.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    There's only an error involved if something is clearly wrong. Again, and I don't mean to masquerade as the fact police or anything like that, but just with the intent of not having any lurkers be misled into thinking that George ruled out the genre - to say that the game is unlike DotA or LoL is not quite to say that the game isn't a MOBA.
    That was my point, too. Although you put it in a much clearer way

Quote Originally Posted by Corlagon View Post
    It's completely fine to think so, but I'd need some sort of a concise example of what makes you believe so?!
    What other types of MOBA games are there, that do not reassemble LoL or DotA? And we're not talking about camera perspective, since camera isn't "gameplay" to begin with.
    If the question was "A shooter, really" and the answer was "I never said that. The game doesn't play anything like Counter-Strike or DooM, if that's what you mean", what would you make out of that?! That it's still a shooter? That's highly illogical for me.
    From my point of view the person asked "A MOBA" while CM stated (and proved that he knows what it is) "It's nothing alike to DotA2/LoL, if that's what you mean" - almost surprised that anyone's making any connection to a MOBA genre to begin with.
    I never said that I'm correct, if that's what's bothering you I still need CM to clear it out properly.
    Whether some random people get anything out of few posts can't be helped. People on the net already are determined that it is a MOBA regardless of what's written here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    One map. up to 30 "heroes" with unique abilities. RPG elements such as leveling (experience) and buying an item. A small jungle (or to that effect) with standing creeps. And the most recognizable is

- Three lanes-corridors-passages with two main points on each side of the map which represents a HQ of the team. The goal is to destroy it either by strategic or plain aggressive head-trough the wall methods.
    And that's practically MOBA, no exclusions from that.
    I really wouldn't say Nosgoth is best described as a MOBA game, especially given the definition given above - that type of recognizably MOBA-type gameplay is not what Nosgoth is about.

I hope that adds clarity!
    Last edited by Monkeythumbz; 07-01-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Well, that's great news.

-----------
    OffTopic : Imo this is a great promo for the ARAM mode in LoL (doing this because someone wrote LoL's "bad" xD Just navigate the bar)

http://promo.leagueoflegends.com/en/freljord/

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    I really wouldn't say Nosgoth is best described as a MOBA game, especially given the definition given above - that type of recognizably MOBA-type gameplay is not what Nosgoth is about.
    And now after that moment of clarity its back to our normal broadcast of complete speculation on a serious note, thank you George.

OffTopic : Imo this is a great promo for the ARAM mode in LoL (doing this because someone wrote LoL's "bad" xD Just navigate the bar)
    I think that was me maybe I should explain. I was referring to the look and the way the gameplay appeared in the E3 interview/video. You can have a really great intro sequence/trailer but that alone doesn't make a good game, though the sequence does look very nice, its all about the actual game imo and in mine...well lets just say its not my cup of tea.
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

@OffTopic :
    Well, my nephew and his pals play it a lot. They're 11-13y old. I used to play it before, but not as much now. It's the game that you play when everything else fails, basically. However the community is one of the worst I've experienced.

It is practically fun to play it a bit. Easy to get into. Easy to learn, too. But expect a kid nerding out "OMG DELETE LOL NAU"

////\\\\

OnTopic : Any official news, soon? ^_^

It is practically fun to play it a bit. Easy to get into. Easy to learn, too. But expect a kid nerding out "OMG DELETE LOL NAU"
    And this is one of my fears for Nosgoth
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

OnTopic : Any official news, soon? ^_^
    Unlikely until the big reveal, I'm afraid. We announced the game early and gave details on its context, but I'm afraid there's gonna be a bit of a gap between now and the time we release screenshots etc.

Unlikely until the big reveal, I'm afraid. We announced the game early and gave details on its context, but I'm afraid there's gonna be a bit of a gap between now and the time we release screenshots etc.
    You've been more than generous with the info, Monkeythumbz, and I know you can't reaveal too much. Can you say if a reveal will be this year?

Damn, I can´t wait to know

As a LOK fan, what kind of LOK game would you personally like to see after Nosgoth gets published?

Quote Originally Posted by Raina Audron View Post
    Damn, I can´t wait to know

As a LOK fan, what kind of LOK game would you personally like to see after Nosgoth gets published?
    A MOBA/RTS/MMORPG hybrid

LOL, j/k. Tbh, I've no overwhelmingly strong preferences (those are best left to the Designers), other than it would be nice not to bring back the fixed camera system from Defiance.

George... I'm repeating the request: can you please tell the higher ups that the fans would REALLY want to see the Blood Omen games on Steam and Blood Omen 1 on GOG?

Yup, camera in Defiance was irritating.

And what D said. BO1 for Win7 w fixed resolutions etc etc. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Count D View Post
    George... I'm repeating the request: can you please tell the higher ups that the fans would REALLY want to see the Blood Omen games on Steam and Blood Omen 1 on GOG?
    I can certainly pass that request on - consider it done - however that doesn't necessarily mean I can push it through!

Thanks. I would love to complete the collection.

A MOBA/RTS/MMORPG hybrid
    it would be nice not to bring back the fixed camera system from Defiance.

Hated that camera from the moment they announced it... hated it more after playing the game

other than it would be nice not to bring back the fixed camera system from Defiance.
    I agree completely, while I can get use to it, it just doesn´t play as well (especially the jumping passages were really bad).

Since Nosgoth is an mp game, is it only about battles? Or will it have some kind of puzzles too?

It was really annoying o.o. It takes time to get used to it ^^. I played only with the keyboard . Anyway it was so much fun. I remember when I finished the last game of the series I was running around in the room at midnight and shouting "Oh my gosh ! I've just completed all the games! YEEEEY!" . Ah memories,memories... xD

it would be nice not to bring back the fixed camera system from Defiance.
    Well said... much as I love the game, there's no question that that was one of its greatest flaws. Even more frustrating to deal with than those early Tomb Raider "tank controls".
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

I didn't mind it when it came out. I didn't have a problem with the jumping, but it wasn't as well done, by far, as DMC, and each area the camera resets so you have to stop and then start again -- jars ever so slightly the organic feel of it all. They implemented it to give the game a cinematic feel, yet half the time the shots felt like they were from some unseen airship in the sky, or a hovering blimp, maybe The characters are far, far away in the scene way too much (something I really hate now when trying to mod the game).

Anyway, even if this system were to have been done perfectly, there's no substitute for the traditional behind the back/shoulder continuous, controllable camera

And this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Reaver_Girl View Post
    It was really annoying o.o. It takes time to get used to it ^^. I played only with the keyboard .
    Eek, no-one should be subjected to that, lol

But,but I tried with keyboard+mouse the first time and it was kinda strange O.O.
    I think the next time when I played it I tried that combination (keys+mouse) ^^.

Lets not forget about the old days when computers were without mouse

I literally hate over-the-should camera. I think that's one of the worst flaws in modern gaming.

At least if there was an option to choose from a.k.a

- Traditional 3rd person camera
    - Cinematic over-the-shoulder bollux

Imagine driving like that?!
    When I see over the shoulder 3rd person, that's quite common these days, i'm immediately bored. It's not immersive for me, at all.

Less movies, more game. Take hint from the downfall of Sega CD games.

/////\\\\\

I adored playing back on PC before the use of the mouse. Back when those keyboard were so hard to press a button. And why not, being a gamer has nothing to do with a controller imo although playing on a Wii is kind of frustrating.

god i cant wait to get some details on this game lol

I literally hate over-the-should camera. I think that's one of the worst flaws in modern gaming.

At least if there was an option to choose from a.k.a

- Traditional 3rd person camera
    - Cinematic over-the-shoulder bollux

Imagine driving like that?!
    When I see over the shoulder 3rd person, that's quite common these days, i'm immediately bored. It's not immersive for me, at all.

Less movies, more game. Take hint from the downfall of Sega CD games.
    What games do you mean specifically? Like Gears of War?

Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast