Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nosgoth Game in Development: Confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Vampmaster View Post
    nobody is forcing anyone to buy it.
    But that's a true double edged sword in this topic so far.
    Fans will buy it out of both fear (of not receiving a sequel) and a desire (to get a sequel next or in the future after Nosgoth : Expansion numero uno, due etc).

Mind you, not just any sequel, a real Scion of Balance sequel.

And in fact it should be named Scion of Balance.

I just know that the current team of developers of MP Nosgoth are developing a separate branch that won't include any Sp element of the story so far. It's as if nothing happened to the SP.
    Therefore it's automatically a first Nosgoth game which's related to the series, but superficially.
    Therefore Nosgoth deserves a chance to build something separately from the original series, while Dead Sun never deserved a chance since it's basically just a masked reboot trying to use the LoK name without K in it.

Nosgoth, as stated, will leave the current SP alone which means that they're not implementing the 900 books of lore in a MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Milky View Post
    Therefore it's automatically a first Nosgoth game which's related to the series, but superficially.
    That's not necessarilly true. While it may not interfere the main story line, it can potentially reference it a great deal. For example, NPCs can talk about historical events, various battles, who the enemies were and all kinds of things. Hopefully the NPCs would be familiar characters such as the Bretheren or Ariel or maybe the Priestess can be brought back.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 06-22-2013 at 05:17 AM.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

Well that is superficial, at least for me.

This is just uninformed speculation derived from the Monday Night Combat comparison - but my impression is that Nosgoth will be maybe 99% atmosphere and 1% plot. There might be backstory, a general context, an intro cinematic, and some dialogue such as taunts, lots of elements from the Nosgoth setting such as character classes and landmarks (maybe even old individual characters e.g. Vorador)... but no genuine narrative or developing story in the arenas/battles/minigames/whatever. Not unlike a successor to Silicon Knights' Dark Legions, which I've always considered a de facto multiplayer companion to the original Blood Omen.
    Stones too can lie... Help edit the Legacy of Kain Wiki!

Of course it would depend on what type of multiplayer game it turns out to be.

An MMORPG might have a story surrounding each quest with a cutscene at the beginning and end of it. Or an RTS might have something at the beginning and end of each match. The main RTS I've played is Command and Conquer and while I wouldn't expect the gameplay to anything like that, I thought they did a decent job of including story between missions.

Something I hadn't thought of was something like how this game will apparantly have four player coop:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5OwSDSleKg

It would be interesting to see how that turns out. Maybe if Nosgoth was something like that with 6 players as the Bretheren there's be some kind of opportunity for a storyline. BTW, is that what you'd consider an RTS or some kind of action adventure / RTS hybrid.
    But here today we bleed, waiting for a bitter taste...
    ~ Carfax Abbey

I'm sorry, but I'd spit on it and post it on YT in HD if Nosgoth's anything like that Rome thingy that's 99.99% animation and 00.01 everything else.

Smile

Greetings,fellow Legacy of Kain fans!

I have been observing this thread for a couple of days and today I decided to join the discussion .

The news about the new LoK game are really exciting! I can't believe that there is a game in the making after 10 years of waiting and hoping ^^.

I have a question for Monkeythumbz.

IF this new LoK project is really going to be MMO game, I wonder how it will compete with the other titles like World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2? I mean those games have stable fan-base and lots of players. I hope that the developers have interesting and original ideas and they will be attractive for the new players and also for the old fans .

I'm MMO player myself and I play Guild Wars 2. One very nice aspect of the game is that there are dynamic events and living story quests.Also there are no fees.Buy it one time and play forever .

It's okay for me Nosgoth to be multiplayer game as long as it is not going to ruin the main story.

Looking forward to see more of this new project when the time comes ^^.

I too decided to register and join the discussion.

Monkeythumbz never said that it will be MMO, just that it will be online. Personally I think it will be A-RPG type of MMO like Path of Exile, for example. I just hope there will be enough story material!
    I really really hope the game won't be a typical MMO, I hope the game will be "solo friendly" because I like playing on my own pace, making pauses when I want, immersing myself into the game and so fort, and not to force you to play with others.

Ahaa so I see then .^^

Well I don't mind playing with other or play alone with NPCs in the party( like Guild Wars 1), it is just more fun to play with people/friends from your guild.

May be there will be a solo story campaign who knows xD. In fact I prefer to play the story mode several times with different characters and then dive into the world of multiplayer battles and stuff

Then it would be like Phantasy star online. Which would be fantastic.

Then it would be like Phantasy star online. Which would be fantastic.
    you meant phantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Noktoriah View Post
    Monkeythumbz never said that it will be MMO, just that it will be online.
    "The community should not be thinking of Nosgoth in terms of a single-player experience.”
    Sounds very much like a multiplayer online game.

Quote Originally Posted by leazy View Post
    Sounds very much like a multiplayer online game.
    Oh I put it wrong, I meant MMORPG instead MMO. I know it will be me multiplayer just not the genre.

Oh I put it wrong, I meant MMORPG instead MMO. I know it will be me multiplayer just not the genre.
    I'm certainly interested to see how they present the game. I'm not big on playing online, I prefer the single-player experience, which felt apt for singular, isolated heroes like Kain and Raziel, and the series as a whole.

But since it's not connected to LoK in a true sense, it's just a game in the Nosgoth universe set on somewhat different story which improves the lore of the Nosgoth itself.

I expect that it possesses the expansions in the terms of Lore, but I hope that they won't go too much into the "WTF" element. Keeping the Nosgoth dark with gothic architecture is a primary concern for me.

So just like there was "Legacy of Kain series" now we'll have "Nosgoth series" which are connected, however not interlaced. I hope that community manager can confirm this?!

---

@Raina : But of course

---

@OffTopic I was looking at some MMO's recently and there're a lot of nice gameplay ideas, so I don't expect a typical puppet combat with numbers, but a bit more. Of course, if it's a MOBA type of a game, then I hope it is similar to LoL in a way. If it's not, then it might be even a card game (or a tower defense HAH) similar to Prime World : Defenders.
    Anyway, there're a lot of options for modern MMO concepts nowadays but each of them is OK if the styling is fine, if the LAG is reduced (too many players = 15 fps max on medium machine) and if there's not too much grinding involved.
    Of course, partying, guild etc is a must. Otherwise what's the use of Online gaming then?! If it's just something to keep the piracy of the bay and not involving the multiplayer party co-op I'd be seriously worried.

Capture the flag or may be capture the soul/human? xD That would be funny

Of course, partying, guild etc is a must.
    Absolutely agree! Different kinds of alliances too In Guild Wars 1 I remember there were two opposite fractions: Luxon vs Kurzick and the guild master chooses one to join- thus becomes Luxon guild or Kurzick guild and there is a special arena where these guilds battle . It was very amusing ^^.

So just like there was "Legacy of Kain series" now we'll have "Nosgoth series" which are connected, however not interlaced. I hope that community manager can confirm this?!
    Like Alien and Prometheus, I guess?

@Dark_reaver_girl : let's hope it's "capture the human", preferably .
    I hope, with all my heart, that it's something related to the clans. Because that's what I'd adore to see.

@leazy ; Pretty much. Though xenomorphs were seen in the AvP movies as well. It's another great universe that only got expanded trough some games. But it all felt kind of off the track, chaotic.
    Perhaps just like comparing the Silmarilion, The Hobbit and LotR to a book Tree and Leaf
    Another example is perhaps just like we can use the Terminator movies related to the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series.
    The question is how good will it be, but I have a feeling that the announcement will come out pretty soon (some form of a trailer or something similar).

@Dark_reaver_girl : let's hope it's "capture the human", preferably .
    I hope, with all my heart, that it's something related to the clans. Because that's what I'd adore to see.

@leazy ; Pretty much. Though xenomorphs were seen in the AvP movies as well. It's another great universe that only got expanded trough some games. But it all felt kind of off the track, chaotic.
    Perhaps just like comparing the Silmarilion, The Hobbit and LotR to a book Tree and Leaf
    Another example is perhaps just like we can use the Terminator movies related to the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV series.
    The question is how good will it be, but I have a feeling that the announcement will come out pretty soon (some form of a trailer or something similar).
    Or The Tales of Dunk and Egg and A Song of Ice and Fire ...

Talking about that... we live in a time when Lord of The Rings and Game of Thrones have been adapted to film and TV series respectively... and in what comes to Art Direction they turned up flawlessly... I really do hope that whoever is in charge of the visual aspect of Nosgoth does a good job!
    signature image

OffTopic : Talking about the two, I still prefer the traditional high fantasy setting. Never was the fan of ASoIaF.
    GoT adapted to the TV series add +% of the nudity. Though, the costumes are ok in the series.

I wish that high fantasy returns one day properly.

I'm kind of not a fan of Book to Movie realizations. I still prefer the books. There's just so much more then the movie's able to portray. On the other side, a movie is a great experience given the audio/visual effects.

I too decided to register and join the discussion.

Monkeythumbz never said that it will be MMO, just that it will be online. Personally I think it will be A-RPG type of MMO like Path of Exile, for example. I just hope there will be enough story material!
    I really really hope the game won't be a typical MMO, I hope the game will be "solo friendly" because I like playing on my own pace, making pauses when I want, immersing myself into the game and so fort, and not to force you to play with others.
    Okay, just so as to keep all the speculation from going way off track, Nosgoth will not be an MMORPG - that wasn't what I meant when I said it would be an online multiplayer game.

But since it's not connected to LoK in a true sense, it's just a game in the Nosgoth universe set on somewhat different story which improves the lore of the Nosgoth itself.

I expect that it possesses the expansions in the terms of Lore, but I hope that they won't go too much into the "WTF" element. Keeping the Nosgoth dark with gothic architecture is a primary concern for me.

It's a little early too call this the start of a series, wouldn't you say? We've not even revealed Nosgoth yet! As for the architecture, I'd say that it blends the kind of architecture you see in LoK:BO1 and LoK:SR1

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Okay, just so as to keep all the speculation from going way off track, Nosgoth will not be an MMORPG - that wasn't what I meant when I said it would be an online multiplayer game.
    So, will Nosgoth be a MOBA comparable to “Monday Night Combat” in the end?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeythumbz View Post
    Please don't be an RTS, please don't be an RTS, for the love of the Elder please!
    What I lack in intelligence I make up for with enthusiasm
    http://lucinvampireslair.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by lucinvampire View Post
    Please don't be an RTS, please don't be an RTS, for the love of the Elder please!
    It's not an RTS either, although I'd question your love for the Elder God.

Quote Originally Posted by Ber View Post
    So, will Nosgoth be a MOBA comparable to “Monday Night Combat” in the end?
    I've not played Monday Night Combat, so wouldn't like to comment.

We'll be revealing concrete info all in good time

A MOBA game? Seriously? I mean seriously?!

Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast